The Republican Party: The Death of America’s "Angry White Man" - Page 2 - Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums

Go Back   Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums > Other Discussions/Topics > News Room
Register Forums Garage Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Notices

News Room This section is for discussing current events.

Shops/Tuners
Custom Image Corvettes
A&A Corvette
Corvette tuner

Interior
Corvette aftermarket products

Insurance

Parts & Products
Race Ramps
Edelbrock
ATI/Procharger
Corvetteguys.com
Melrose Motorsports
Parts Taxi
Airaid
Mid America Motorworks
Pfadt Racing
Madvette Motorsports
Hi-tech Custom Concepts
Corvette aftermarket products
Corvette Garage
Corvette Parts and Accessories
Corvette Car Care Products
Corvette HID
Mid America Motoroworks

Tracks/Schools
Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving
Corvette driving school

Wheels/Tires
Cray Wheels

Services
BADWERKS.com

Old 11-12-2012, 09:38 AM   #16
Junkman2008
DC Pit Crew Boss

Member #71977

My Corvette(s)
2001 Navy Blue Metallic Coupe

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by C5sarge View Post
... I don't think true conservatives are "Angry white men". I think they want limited spending and some type of return to fiscal responsibility.
BINGO.

I definitely am not a angry white man. Yet, I want our borders secure, want a end put to long term welfare hand outs and don't think that anyone who enters this country illegally should benefit from the fruits of their crime. However, there's a way to go about getting that message out and it seems that only the republican extremist are the ones with a microphone shoved in their face. I don't want "those guys" delivering my message because they come off as complete nut jobs, if not racist.

It reminds me of the news anchors when they cover a story in the hood. They go and find the worst dressed, most grammar challenged individual that they can find and put them on live TV. People who don't have a clue assume that this person represents everyone who lives in the hood. This is so far from the truth just as Rush Limbaugh is so far from what a true conservative is.

Quote:
Labels are wrong whether they are directed at one or another.
What if this were the headline?:

Democratic party wins. Continuation of the Angry black man?

Good point Sarge, but there is some truth in that!

Quote:
Most conservatives think the country was built on certain principles and now see those principles changing. My personal feelings are the country will last but it will be different and will slowly loose it's importance in the world in the eyes of other countries as it seems to already be doing. But I'm not ready to throw the towel in yet.
I agree to a point but I think that we are loosing our importance because of our reliance on other countries. We are the country who put a man on the moon FIRST. We are the country who has invented so many first that I could make a list from here to China. Yet, we have gotten away from being that country and I believe that is why we are loosing our position in the world.
Junkman2008 is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"Marines - Making the other guy die for his country for over 200 years."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2012, 09:39 AM   #17
Junkman2008
DC Pit Crew Boss

Member #71977

My Corvette(s)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texdentist View Post
But really -- that isn't so bad considering they are the one large news outlet that gives the Right side of the news. If FOX didn't exist, we would get one and only one point of view in broadcast news. That wasn't good for the country before FOX came along, and it wouldn't be good now.
You do make a valid point.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:17 AM   #18
the machine

Member #67421

My Corvette(s)
1966 Big Block Vert, 2008 Z06, 1969 435 , 1959 vert. Non vette ...2011 CTS-V wgn, 2014 silverado

Quote:
Originally Posted by c6vettedude View Post
Here's what Bill O' Reilly had to say:

Early on Tuesday evening, a shocked-looking Bill O'Reilly, a firebrand conservative talk-show host, went on the Republicans' favourite news broadcaster, Fox News.
"The white establishment," he said, "is in a minority".
"The demographics are changing. It's not a traditional America anymore."

Sounds like from that statement that even he recongnizes that his party isn't inclusive.

As for him saying that it's not a "Traditional" America anymore, well.. it doesn't take much to figure out what he meant by that.
That wasn't the racialy insensitive part, what followed was....

“You are going to see a tremendous Hispanic vote for President Obama. Overwhelming black vote for President Obama. And women will probably break President Obama’s way. People feel that they are entitled to things and which candidate, between the two, is going to give them things?”

This belief that Hispanics and Blacks and women only vote for things as opposed to the higher standards of whites, who by implication vote not for things but ideas, is the real key to O'Riely's biggoted oppinions. These are the same oppinions that were caught on tape when Romney spoke them to a group of his supporters and probably a good reason many white voters who Romney lumped into this group may have stayed home.

O'Riely's comments are an excelent example of the blindness Fox news in particular shows toward the aspirations of minorities, and the implicit contempt they hold for them. This is why I see Fox news as one of the biggest reasons republicans lost so big and will continue to lose big as long as Fox continues to spue thier Bullshit.
the machine is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Welcome to the Machine.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:48 AM   #19
Texdentist

Member #76657

My Corvette(s)
2013 Coupe, 2009 Coupe - traded, '74 Coupe totalled, '77 Coupe sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by the machine View Post
That wasn't the racialy insensitive part, what followed was....

“You are going to see a tremendous Hispanic vote for President Obama. Overwhelming black vote for President Obama. And women will probably break President Obama’s way. People feel that they are entitled to things and which candidate, between the two, is going to give them things?”

This belief that Hispanics and Blacks and women only vote for things as opposed to the higher standards of whites, who by implication vote not for things but ideas, is the real key to O'Riely's biggoted oppinions. These are the same oppinions that were caught on tape when Romney spoke them to a group of his supporters and probably a good reason many white voters who Romney lumped into this group may have stayed home.

O'Riely's comments are an excelent example of the blindness Fox news in particular shows toward the aspirations of minorities, and the implicit contempt they hold for them. This is why I see Fox news as one of the biggest reasons republicans lost so big and will continue to lose big as long as Fox continues to spue thier Bullshit.
So you don't think that groups that generally support an entitlement society and larger government don't generally vote for the Democrat? Is that racist to say that? That's all O'Reilly was saying and it was the truth. Those groups that support more government and more entitlements are going to keep voting Dem. That means they don't care how those entitlements are paid for, they just want more of them and they want the ones already online to continue. In the America of Old, most voters understood that government largesse had to be balanced against a reasonable burden on taxpayers. O'Reilly is pointing out that that view is becoming the minority view in the electorate. He is telling the truth and you don't want him to say it because it isn't politically correct. But the truth is the truth. Our country, our children and grandchildren are going to pay a heavy price because the electorate in 2012 decided it wanted more more more and couldn't care less who paid for it.
Texdentist is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2012, 11:12 AM   #20
Junkman2008
DC Pit Crew Boss

Member #71977

My Corvette(s)

Garage
Quote:
So you don't think that groups that generally support an entitlement society and larger government don't generally vote for the Democrat? Is that racist to say that? That's all O'Reilly was saying and it was the truth. Those groups that support more government and more entitlements are going to keep voting Dem. That means they don't care how those entitlements are paid for, they just want more of them and they want the ones already online to continue. In the America of Old, most voters understood that government largesse had to be balanced against a reasonable burden on taxpayers. O'Reilly is pointing out that that view is becoming the minority view in the electorate. He is telling the truth and you don't want him to say it because it isn't politically correct. But the truth is the truth. Our country, our children and grandchildren are going to pay a heavy price because the electorate in 2012 decided it wanted more more more and couldn't care less who paid for it.
Okay Doc, I can see why you say what you say. I can even believe it to a degree. But here's the problem I see with that point of view. I don't have any numbers to back this up so this is just pure speculation on my behalf. Most of those who fit the bill you are describing don't vote anyway. The people I see walking around on welfare, and this is a big time generalization, couldn't tell you who the Secretary of State is. They know nothing about politics and couldn't care less about politics to begin with. Again, I'm being very stereotypical here.
Old 11-12-2012, 11:17 AM   #21
the machine

Member #67421

My Corvette(s)
1966 Big Block Vert, 2008 Z06, 1969 435 , 1959 vert. Non vette ...2011 CTS-V wgn, 2014 silverado

Quote:
Tex if you cannot tell the difference in what you said and the way you said it and the way O'Reily said it, well then all I can say is there is little hope of improvement in the republican party's chances.
the machine is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Welcome to the Machine.
Old 11-12-2012, 11:24 AM   #22
Texdentist

Member #76657

My Corvette(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkman2008 View Post
Okay Doc, I can see why you say what you say. I can even believe it to a degree. But here's the problem I see with that point of view. I don't have any numbers to back this up so this is just pure speculation on my behalf. Most of those who fit the bill you are describing don't vote anyway. The people I see walking around on welfare, and this is a big time generalization, couldn't tell you who the Secretary of State is. They know nothing about politics and couldn't care less about politics to begin with. Again, I'm being very stereotypical here.
I think that used to be true in the past more than now. I think in the past, the down-and-out thought their vote wouldn't count against the majority, so they didn't exercise it. But the demographic changes in the last 30 years along with the Dem get-out-the-vote machines have been very successful at increasing their votes. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against anyone voting their own self interest. I think we all do that. But the proportion of Americans who don't have to face the tax burden that their vote affects is increasing. It's just a simple calculation of human nature that when someone doesn't have to pay taxes, they are completely unconcerned with their vote for more government falling on them. In theory, when a majority pay no taxes (not too far down the road), how will those who do pay taxes protect themselves from the ballot box?
Old 11-12-2012, 11:27 AM   #23
Junkman2008
DC Pit Crew Boss

Member #71977

My Corvette(s)

Garage
Quote:
... In theory, when a majority pay no taxes (not too far down the road), how will those who do pay taxes protect themselves from the ballot box?
Hmmm... food for thought.
Old 11-12-2012, 11:28 AM   #24
Texdentist

Member #76657

My Corvette(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the machine View Post
Tex if you cannot tell the difference in what you said and the way you said it and the way O'Reily said it, well then all I can say is there is little hope of improvement in the republican party's chances.
But I listen to O'Reilly often, and I know he is not a racist or a race-baiter. So I knew exactly what he meant when he said it. People who don't know what he stands for could easily take his words and assume a hidden meaning. But it wasn't there. He was just talking about the technical facts of politics in 2012, and it just doesn't sound very politically correct. But O'Reilly doesn't worry much about PC. He just tells the truth as he sees it. And on this point, I think he was right.
Old 11-12-2012, 12:07 PM   #25
walleyfisher
DC Crew

Member #81755

My Corvette(s)
1974 coupe & 1984 coupe

Quote:
But I listen to O'Reilly often, and I know he is not a racist or a race-baiter. So I knew exactly what he meant when he said it. People who don't know what he stands for could easily take his words and assume a hidden meaning. But it wasn't there. He was just talking about the technical facts of politics in 2012, and it just doesn't sound very politically correct. But O'Reilly doesn't worry much about PC. He just tells the truth as he sees it. And on this point, I think he was right.
But Tex, according to this election and the rubish afterwards has shown the left does not want our opinion, unless it comes from people like John Stewart or Bob beckel (angry white men I must point out)
walleyfisher is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"If you're not on somebody's shit list, you're not doing anything worthwhile"
Old 11-12-2012, 12:18 PM   #26
XQIZT
You've been pimped!!

Member #80197

My Corvette(s)
1985 Z51, 1977 custom

Quote:
Originally Posted by walleyfisher View Post
But Tex, according to this election and the rubish afterwards has shown the left does not want our opinion, unless it comes from people like John Stewart or Bob beckel (angry white men I must point out)
If you think Jon Stewart is "angry"....we've got bigger problems.
1...he's never claimed to be a reporter...clearly.
2...if you watch his show regularly for the humor, he dishes it out pretty evenly BUT he is a comedian and takes his material from those that provide it to him...sooooooooooo....don't wanna be the butt of a joke? Don't do something stupid.
XQIZT is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"Alexa" - 1985 Z51 - In memory of the last Corvette Dad owned.

"Desiree" - 1977 - Wife's car, with an attitude problem

Click here for more info about our cars and autocrossing and other Corvette stuff.
Old 11-12-2012, 12:26 PM   #27
walleyfisher
DC Crew

Member #81755

My Corvette(s)
1974 coupe & 1984 coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by XQIZT View Post
2...if you watch his show regularly for the humor, he dishes it out pretty evenly BUT he is a comedian and takes his material from those that provide it to him...sooooooooooo....don't wanna be the butt of a joke? Don't do something stupid.
Yea I know, alot of angry white men watch his show.
Old 11-12-2012, 12:59 PM   #28
Junkman2008
DC Pit Crew Boss

Member #71977

My Corvette(s)

Garage
Quote:
Old 11-12-2012, 01:58 PM   #29
XQIZT
You've been pimped!!

Member #80197

My Corvette(s)
1985 Z51, 1977 custom

Quote:
Originally Posted by walleyfisher View Post
Yea I know, alot of angry white men watch his show.
They do? He happily admits that most of his audience is made of of stoned out hippies. How angry are those people? And, here's some real news for you...his show ISN'T real news.
XQIZT is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"Alexa" - 1985 Z51 - In memory of the last Corvette Dad owned.

"Desiree" - 1977 - Wife's car, with an attitude problem

Click here for more info about our cars and autocrossing and other Corvette stuff.
Old 11-12-2012, 02:04 PM   #30
walleyfisher
DC Crew

Member #81755

My Corvette(s)
1974 coupe & 1984 coupe

Quote:
They do? He happily admits that most of his audience is made of of stoned out hippies. How angry are those people? And, here's some real news for you...his show ISN'T real news.

Then you should let the faithful in on it because most of the O-whatdoIgetwithmyvote watch him as news
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (12 CHARACTERS MAXIMUM), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.