Failure assesment, and the importance of being accurate. - Page 2 - Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums

Go Back   Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums > Other Discussions/Topics > News Room
Register Forums Garage Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Notices

News Room This section is for discussing current events.

Shops/Tuners
Custom Image Corvettes
A&A Corvette
Corvette tuner

Interior
Corvette aftermarket products

Insurance

Parts & Products
Race Ramps
Edelbrock
ATI/Procharger
Corvetteguys.com
Melrose Motorsports
Parts Taxi
Airaid
Mid America Motorworks
Pfadt Racing
Madvette Motorsports
Hi-tech Custom Concepts
Corvette aftermarket products
Corvette Garage
Corvette Parts and Accessories
Corvette Car Care Products
Corvette HID
Mid America Motoroworks

Tracks/Schools
Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving
Corvette driving school

Wheels/Tires
Cray Wheels

Services
BADWERKS.com

Old 11-12-2012, 12:18 PM   #16
rottnrog
DC Crew

Member #21788

My Corvette(s)
2001 Coupe- Sold now drive Cadillac CTS-V (4 door Vette)

Understanding that Republicans only trust a handful of sources for their information, it makes sense for them to seem shocked and irrationally emotional about President Obama winning.

See, their people have been lying to them this whole time. That's what happens when you bet on rhetoric and propaganda instead of facts and reality.

While all these "liberally biased" sources more or less called the election exactly how it went down, sources such as Fox News and Rush Limbaugh had been boasting about an easy Romney victory. Hell some went as far as to say he would get over 300 electoral votes and win the popular vote by 5-6 million.

So if that's all you heard this whole time, of course you would be shocked at just how inaccurate they were. But again that's what happens when you ignore facts and reality, instead choosing to rely completely on your own biased propaganda.
rottnrog is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Why is it easier to be a conservative than a liberal? Because it is easier to give a man the finger than a helping hand.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2012, 12:22 PM   #17
XQIZT
You've been pimped!!

Member #80197

My Corvette(s)
1985 Z51, 1977 custom

Quote:
Originally Posted by rottnrog View Post
Understanding that Republicans only trust a handful of sources for their information, it makes sense for them to seem shocked and irrationally emotional about President Obama winning.

See, their people have been lying to them this whole time. That's what happens when you bet on rhetoric and propaganda instead of facts and reality.

While all these "liberally biased" sources more or less called the election exactly how it went down, sources such as Fox News and Rush Limbaugh had been boasting about an easy Romney victory. Hell some went as far as to say he would get over 300 electoral votes and win the popular vote by 5-6 million.

So if that's all you heard this whole time, of course you would be shocked at just how inaccurate they were. But again that's what happens when you ignore facts and reality, instead choosing to rely completely on your own biased propaganda.
Correct. But now the right and their news sources are turning the order around. To them, the news sources for "the left" didn't report on the win, but instead, had an active hand in creating it by reporting inaccurate numbers that favored Obama. Its a bizarre twist on "the chicken or the egg" thing.
XQIZT is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"Alexa" - 1985 Z51 - In memory of the last Corvette Dad owned.

"Desiree" - 1977 - Wife's car, with an attitude problem

Click here for more info about our cars and autocrossing and other Corvette stuff.
Old 11-12-2012, 01:10 PM   #18
Texdentist

Member #76657

My Corvette(s)
2013 Coupe, 2009 Coupe - traded, '74 Coupe totalled, '77 Coupe sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by XQIZT View Post
Correct. But now the right and their news sources are turning the order around. To them, the news sources for "the left" didn't report on the win, but instead, had an active hand in creating it by reporting inaccurate numbers that favored Obama. Its a bizarre twist on "the chicken or the egg" thing.
Wow. I just don't get it. Do you really believe that the non-FOX media did not go out of it's way to bend the news cycles in Obama's favor? I watch all of them - not just FOX - and I can tell you those guys were silent on any story that might injure Obama. Even with Sandy - FOX was reporting on Staten Island and the lack of response, while the others ignored Staten Island and focused on lower Manhattan which was much easier to respond to. And on Benghazi, you could hardly find a story about it in the first month after the attack unless you watched FOX. If the tables were turned, and a Republican had been in office, the main outlets would have been eating him alive - especially at election time. IMO, bias is rampant at virtuall all of the outlets, and the left-leaning outnumber the right-leaning at least 10 to 1. As far as polling, it makes me wonder how often you watch FOX before complaining about them. Yes, some individual commentators on FOX were predicting a Romney win (mainly Dick Morris and Karl Rove). But if you listened to all of the panels in the last week, most of them when pinned down for a prediction predicted Obama woiuld win. The multiple paths he had to 270 were too obvious to ignore.
Texdentist is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2012, 01:56 PM   #19
XQIZT
You've been pimped!!

Member #80197

My Corvette(s)
1985 Z51, 1977 custom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texdentist View Post
Wow. I just don't get it. Do you really believe that the non-FOX media did not go out of it's way to bend the news cycles in Obama's favor? I watch all of them - not just FOX - and I can tell you those guys were silent on any story that might injure Obama. Even with Sandy - FOX was reporting on Staten Island and the lack of response, while the others ignored Staten Island and focused on lower Manhattan which was much easier to respond to. And on Benghazi, you could hardly find a story about it in the first month after the attack unless you watched FOX. If the tables were turned, and a Republican had been in office, the main outlets would have been eating him alive - especially at election time. IMO, bias is rampant at virtuall all of the outlets, and the left-leaning outnumber the right-leaning at least 10 to 1. As far as polling, it makes me wonder how often you watch FOX before complaining about them. Yes, some individual commentators on FOX were predicting a Romney win (mainly Dick Morris and Karl Rove). But if you listened to all of the panels in the last week, most of them when pinned down for a prediction predicted Obama woiuld win. The multiple paths he had to 270 were too obvious to ignore.
That's not what I am talking about. The "chicken or egg" comment was about whether the predictions of the left created the win...or if the reality of the numbers was creating the predictions.

You know that I know that there is bias all the way around. That's why I don't watch any of them.
XQIZT is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"Alexa" - 1985 Z51 - In memory of the last Corvette Dad owned.

"Desiree" - 1977 - Wife's car, with an attitude problem

Click here for more info about our cars and autocrossing and other Corvette stuff.
Old 11-12-2012, 02:17 PM   #20
Texdentist

Member #76657

My Corvette(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XQIZT View Post
That's not what I am talking about. The "chicken or egg" comment was about whether the predictions of the left created the win...or if the reality of the numbers was creating the predictions.

You know that I know that there is bias all the way around. That's why I don't watch any of them.
Got it. Personally, I don't believe polls affect the behavior of voters at all. I think guys like Dick Morris and Karl Rove believe that if they make outlandish predictions, that the voters will follow the pied piper. The Dems do the same thing when they are trailing in the polls. I just have never seen any evidence that it works. While I don't think bending the polls affects the outcome, I absolutely believe that bending the news does - especially in swing states. If the Sandy recovery is going badly and if there is the appearance that the administration is covering up the cause of an ambassador's death, the lack of coverage on those stories can prevent the average, non-political voter to be ignorant of information that might change their mind. Very few non-political people watch FOX news. But most of them watch ABC , CBS or NBC. If they aren't getting the whole story there, they don't have all the information they should have to make an educated decision.
Old 11-12-2012, 03:11 PM   #21
the machine

Member #67421

My Corvette(s)
1966 Big Block Vert, 2008 Z06, 1969 435 , 1959 vert. Non vette ...2011 CTS-V wgn, 2014 silverado

Quote:
Well, first of all, I never thought Benghazi was a winner as a campaign issue. But there was a good reason FOX kept at it. Obama had made a plank of his platform that he had killed Bin Laden, that Al Qaeda was on the run and that as a result we were safer because of him. When Benghazi happened, it was pretty clear within a few days that the attack was a terrorist attack and that the Obama administration, with the compliance of the media pretended that it was a spontaneous action. Not a big deal unless you are campaigning against Obama, and it is clear that one of his bragging points is not true. Why should he and his compatriots at the New York Times be allowed to run the clock out on the truth? FOX tried to make sure that the media at least gave the attack a truthful look before the election. It didn't work. But I have already said, now that the election is over, I think those same complicit "journalists" will turn their attention and blame game on members of the Obama administration because it won't hurt him, and it will sell papers.
Tex....did Obama kill Bin Laden???? Did we get lots of inteligence when we killed him??? Where we safer because of all of that...of course. Was Bengazi proof that Bin laden had not actualy been killed or that we were not safer due to his killing??? I would say not. What Bengazi proved is that we are at war with terrorists all over the world. And that in war people die. I recall how Clinton basicaly called Obama an ignorant rube for insiuating that Pakistan was harboring terrorists....and where did we find Bin Laden???

The biggest problem with pointing to the deaths in Bengazi as a political gotcha is that people hate to see politics played past the waters edge. They want our politicians united in foreign policy. When Romney came out even before it had been discovered that our Embasador and three guards had been killed, he looked like a rabid dog that had suddenly found a bone. He came off looking very bad, and I blame the Fox news habit of constantly jumping on the gotcha stories the second they heard them. It is rarely better to be first on a news story if you later end up being wrong.
the machine is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Welcome to the Machine....
Old 11-12-2012, 03:14 PM   #22
the machine

Member #67421

My Corvette(s)
1966 Big Block Vert, 2008 Z06, 1969 435 , 1959 vert. Non vette ...2011 CTS-V wgn, 2014 silverado

Quote:
Originally Posted by rottnrog View Post

Hell even on this site there was some lunatic running around proclaiming Romney would win by 7 points. I wonder where that lunatic went.
Old 11-12-2012, 03:34 PM   #23
Texdentist

Member #76657

My Corvette(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the machine View Post
Tex....did Obama kill Bin Laden???? Did we get lots of inteligence when we killed him??? Where we safer because of all of that...of course. Was Bengazi proof that Bin laden had not actualy been killed or that we were not safer due to his killing??? I would say not. What Bengazi proved is that we are at war with terrorists all over the world. And that in war people die. I recall how Clinton basicaly called Obama an ignorant rube for insiuating that Pakistan was harboring terrorists....and where did we find Bin Laden???
No, but it's all about perception during an election cycle. Believe me, it wasn't Pubs who first figured out that the story could be bad for Obama. It was his own people. It is the only possible explanation for Susan Rice going on five shows and proclaiming it was about a movie when everyone in the administration knew better by that time. Don't be preaching at the Pubs. They would not have had a story to tell if the administration had been truthful from the beginning. But Obama's people were afraid of the possible effect on voters if they admitted an Al Qaeda affiliate had done the attack. Early truthfulness would have defanged any FOX story that came out.
Old 11-12-2012, 04:04 PM   #24
MayZ
DC Crew

Member #73924

My Corvette(s)
2008 Z06

Quote:
Originally Posted by the machine View Post
Hell even on this site there was some lunatic running around proclaiming Romney would win by 7 points. I wonder where that lunatic went.
Ssshhh . . . . listen closely . . . he's typing as we speak
MayZ is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
MAYZ

2008 Z06 Black/Ebony
2LZ, Comp Grey Wheels
Old 11-13-2012, 07:48 AM   #25
the machine

Member #67421

My Corvette(s)

Quote:
No, but it's all about perception during an election cycle. Believe me, it wasn't Pubs who first figured out that the story could be bad for Obama. It was his own people. It is the only possible explanation for Susan Rice going on five shows and proclaiming it was about a movie when everyone in the administration knew better by that time. Don't be preaching at the Pubs. They would not have had a story to tell if the administration had been truthful from the beginning. But Obama's people were afraid of the possible effect on voters if they admitted an Al Qaeda affiliate had done the attack. Early truthfulness would have defanged any FOX story that came out.
Tex, David Petreus, the head of the CIA coroborated what the Obama administration was saying. Susan rice told what she knew at the time. There was no attempt to cover up something, there was just confusion in a country that is all of 3 months old and still full of armed militants. The embasador that was killed was well known to try to move with as small a force as possible so he could more easily meet with what he saw as alies. Even today there are conflicting reports that the attack was indeed not planned but took advantage of the demonstrations against the movie. Why is there such a rush to judgement??? What is the hurry???
This story is only important to people who think it will hurt Obama. But even if we find out that there were all sorts of mistakes made. Even if we find out the very worst, it will not get rid of Obama, it will only give our inteligence agencies another black eye. Do we realy need this? Do the people realy care???? Or does this just add to thier view, that the pubs will do anything to discredit this president regardless of what the people lose in the process.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (12 CHARACTERS MAXIMUM), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.