The Republican Party: The Death of America’s "Angry White Man" - Page 4 - Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums

Go Back   Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums > Other Discussions/Topics > News Room
Register Forums Garage Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Notices

News Room This section is for discussing current events.

Shops/Tuners
Custom Image Corvettes
A&A Corvette
Corvette tuner

Interior
Corvette aftermarket products

Insurance

Parts & Products
Race Ramps
Edelbrock
ATI/Procharger
Corvetteguys.com
Melrose Motorsports
Parts Taxi
Airaid
Mid America Motorworks
Pfadt Racing
Madvette Motorsports
Hi-tech Custom Concepts
Corvette aftermarket products
Corvette Garage
Corvette Parts and Accessories
Corvette Car Care Products
Corvette HID
Mid America Motoroworks

Tracks/Schools
Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving
Corvette driving school

Wheels/Tires
Cray Wheels

Services
BADWERKS.com

Old 11-13-2012, 12:20 PM   #46
blckslvr79

Member #67576

My Corvette(s)
1979 L82 4speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkman2008 View Post
The FED has been doing that since the 70's. No news there. And that has been a major contributor to why we are where we are now.
And what has Obama done to change it?
blckslvr79 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
I'm taking care of my procrastination issues, just you wait and see.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2012, 12:39 PM   #47
walleyfisher
DC Crew

Member #81755

My Corvette(s)
1974 coupe & 1984 coupe

Quote:
The FED has been doing that since the 70's. No news there. And that has been a major contributor to why we are where we are now.
Come on junk, you are always scolding us on generalizing too much, yes the Fed has been printing since the 70's but damn, you have to realize since the last year of GWB and until now they have printed more in 5 years than the rest combined. Why do you think the stockmarket is so strong during this bad economy...its all being funneled into it

You and machine I just don't get it, Obama presidency has run up the debt in 5 years that is more than the whole history of these Semi-united States and you are OK with it and I know "Its Bush's fault is comming"

My pockets are empty when it comes to more government programs, and if the economy impoldes due to too much cash out there I told you so will not make me feel better either.
walleyfisher is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"If you're not on somebody's shit list, you're not doing anything worthwhile"
Old 11-13-2012, 06:08 PM   #48
KennyGS
DC Crew

Member #105698

My Corvette(s)
2010 Grand Sport Coupe (M6)

What will I get in the end for paying millions in taxes, receiving no "entitlements", and never seeing a cent of social security? I'm guessing not even a thank you, and probably vilification by the very people who are using the funds supported by my ever increasing taxes.

Sounds fair to me... as a republican.
KennyGS is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2012, 06:41 PM   #49
Junkman2008
DC Pit Crew Boss

Member #71977

My Corvette(s)
2001 Navy Blue Metallic Coupe

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by blckslvr79 View Post
And what has Obama done to change it?
The same exact thing that every other president has done. Allowed it to continue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by walleyfisher View Post
Come on junk, you are always scolding us on generalizing too much, yes the Fed has been printing since the 70's but damn, you have to realize since the last year of GWB and until now they have printed more in 5 years than the rest combined. Why do you think the stockmarket is so strong during this bad economy...its all being funneled into it

You and machine I just don't get it, Obama presidency has run up the debt in 5 years that is more than the whole history of these Semi-united States and you are OK with it and I know "Its Bush's fault is comming"

My pockets are empty when it comes to more government programs, and if the economy impoldes due to too much cash out there I told you so will not make me feel better either.
There's no such thing as being a little pregnant. You either are or you're not. Whether 1 president only allowed the printing of a little cash and another president allowed a lot to be printed, IT'S STILL WRONG. I knew nothing about this until I watched the documentary that explained how the US use to print money based on the gold they had to back it up. Somehow, this solid practice of gold based printed money started loosing it's value because the US started printing money without the gold to back it up. After other countries started realizing this, they called for the investments that they had made to be backed by sending them the gold they invested in. Since the US couldn't back the money they printed with gold, the US dollar began to weaken.

There's your ground zero folks and that started WAY before Obama was in junior high school. It has continued with EVERY president since. So you guys want to lay this at the feet of Obama when this fiasco has been going on for decades. It's funny how you guys never noticed it when Bush was in office, nor do you contribute any of this problem to Bush, or any administration before Obama. Truth be told, this has went on for a many administration and now you want to lay the entire thing at Obama's feet. Sorry gents, I ain't that naive. My business isn't struggling and I am not even listed in the yellow pages. I have never been listed and haven't spent dime on advertising. How the hell do I stay in business?

I'm damn good at what I do, that's why. Those in my line of work who are not, fail within 6 months of starting their own practice. Business will work it's way out, which is why I was not for the bailouts. Some folks need to fail. It teaches them what they did wrong in case they try and do it again. Obama's politics have not negatively affected me up to this point so that doom and gloom you guys are preaching?

It might scare me if you allowed Boris Karloff to narrate it behind some scary music.
Junkman2008 is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"Marines - Making the other guy die for his country for over 200 years."
Old 11-13-2012, 07:11 PM   #50
Vette_Newb
Account Disabled.

Member #6180

My Corvette(s)
1989 L98 Coupe

Quote:
Well, they never printed quite like this before..

Figuring out where that leads is not rocket science..

They just have no exit plan. Any hint of tightening would throw us into a pretty serious recession, resulting in the need to add more debt. Keeping interest rates at or near 0% is unsustainable no matter who's economy.

This gameplan has been used in the past, never successfully though. And regardless of party affiliation or left/right, it is a problem for all of us.
Vette_Newb is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"When you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing; when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors; when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don’t protect you against them, but protect them against you; when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice; you may know that your society is doomed." – Ayn Rand
Old 11-13-2012, 07:16 PM   #51
Junkman2008
DC Pit Crew Boss

Member #71977

My Corvette(s)

Garage
Hey, I'm not disagreeing with you at all. What I am saying is that it is a practice that should have never started, and it is/was wrong regardless of the administration that condoned it. As long as this practice continues, the deficit will NEVER go away.
Old 11-13-2012, 07:29 PM   #52
Vette_Newb
Account Disabled.

Member #6180

My Corvette(s)
1989 L98 Coupe

Quote:
Hey, I'm not disagreeing with you at all. What I am saying is that it is a practice that should have never started, and it is/was wrong regardless of the administration that condoned it. As long as this practice continues, the deficit will NEVER go away.
The big question is, how long can it go on? The latest round of "pumping" hasn't really changed anything. Once it becomes ineffective.. what next?
"When you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing; when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors; when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don’t protect you against them, but protect them against you; when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice; you may know that your society is doomed." – Ayn Rand
Old 11-14-2012, 01:00 AM   #53
TheMelkMan
DC Crew

Member #118968

Speaking of the Fed and monetary policy, these two guys had me in tears laughing (I'm sure you'll especially appreciate the second one):

TheMelkMan is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2012, 05:21 AM   #54
C5sarge
DC Crew

Member #105729

My Corvette(s)
09 Coupe

Quote:
So you guys want to lay this at the feet of Obama when this fiasco has been going on for decades.
I've noticed it for a long, long time. How about we lay at his feet what he is responsible for during his term? There is no more he inherited it, Bush's fault, finger pointing. Junk do you really think we are better off now? Although a moot point now would it have been better to have someone with strong private industry business leadership experience to lead considering the state of the country? I have no personal issue's with Obama. But what I've seen from him doesn't exactly instill confidence from me in his abilities to really lead. I mean he's cool and a part minority and all but is that the qualifiers we use now for such an important job? I'm actually pulling for him because I'm concerned about the country. I want him to lead and do something to make things better. But to be honest I don't think he knows how. Actions not words will move us past this. Unfortunatley he's a good talker.
C5sarge is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"Attack life fully armed" " Navy Vet"
93 Torch Red Coupe - Sold
01 Torch Red Vert - Traded
Old 11-14-2012, 06:42 AM   #55
Junkman2008
DC Pit Crew Boss

Member #71977

My Corvette(s)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by C5sarge View Post
I've noticed it for a long, long time. How about we lay at his feet what he is responsible for during his term?
That is as fair as fair can get. I am 100% in agreement with this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C5sarge View Post
There is no more he inherited it, Bush's fault, finger pointing. Junk do you really think we are better off now?
The economy is definitely not as good as it has been in the past, but let me say this about the economy.

Americans have created this monster by living beyond their means. Then they turn around and look at the government to bail them out and solve this mess. Americans have bought houses that they couldn't afford, taken out loans that they couldn't pay back and they have turned over production of our most consumed goods to other countries. The checks and balances that were put in place to keep things in check were either compromised or flay out ignored. The love of the dollar bill has caused people to loose their freakin' minds when it comes to common sense. All this stupidity has finally come to fruition in the form of this economy that we are experiencing today. And what are Americans doing? They are blaming the government instead of looking at the man in the mirror.

I have no need for the government to manage my life. I want the government to make sure that the roads that I drive on are in good shape, the bridges that I cross are not going to fall down and the planes that I fly in are safe for me and my family. I want the government to ensure that I can lay my head on my pillow at night without the fear or threat of a foreign power invading my country. I want the government to ensure that the playing field is level for all people, so that an equal opportunity exist for all who would seek their share of the American dream. I do not need them to come in and tell me how to lead my life, dictate my family values or manage my money. These are things that should have been instilled within me by my parents and the free education that I was given the opportunity to take advantage of as I grew into adulthood.

So with all that said, I'm not looking for the government to fix this mess that Americans have created. I'm looking to my fellow Americans to act like they have a pair and to pull themselves up by their bootstraps. This relying on the government to fix shit is what is taking this economy so long to turn around. It was American ingenuity, blood, sweat and tears that built this country and made it the super power that is use to be. "We the people" did it before and "we the people" can do it again as long as we are willing to get off our asses and act like we own a pair. So I am not going to lay blame on the government anymore because the more I think about it, it is we the people who have allowed the government to get intermingled within our lives and assist us in screwing things up to the degree things are. The sooner we realize this, the sooner we can get this country back on track again without pointing fingers at everyone else. If there is one thing that I cannot stand, it is people who bitch while standing still. Bitch all you want, but at least be working toward a solution while you're bitchin'. That's the way I was taught as a Marine and that is the way I roll.
Old 11-14-2012, 07:25 AM   #56
C5sarge
DC Crew

Member #105729

My Corvette(s)
09 Coupe

Quote:
That is as fair as fair can get. I am 100% in agreement with this.

The economy is definitely not as good as it has been in the past, but let me say this about the economy.

Americans have created this monster by living beyond their means. Then they turn around and look at the government to bail them out and solve this mess. Americans have bought houses that they couldn't afford, taken out loans that they couldn't pay back and they have turned over production of our most consumed goods to other countries. The checks and balances that were put in place to keep things in check were either compromised or flay out ignored. The love of the dollar bill has caused people to loose their freakin' minds when it comes to common sense. All this stupidity has finally come to fruition in the form of this economy that we are experiencing today. And what are Americans doing? They are blaming the government instead of looking at the man in the mirror.

I have no need for the government to manage my life. I want the government to make sure that the roads that I drive on are in good shape, the bridges that I cross are not going to fall down and the planes that I fly in are safe for me and my family. I want the government to ensure that I can lay my head on my pillow at night without the fear or threat of a foreign power invading my country. I want the government to ensure that the playing field is level for all people, so that an equal opportunity exist for all who would seek their share of the American dream. I do not need them to come in and tell me how to lead my life, dictate my family values or manage my money. These are things that should have been instilled within me by my parents and the free education that I was given the opportunity to take advantage of as I grew into adulthood.

So with all that said, I'm not looking for the government to fix this mess that Americans have created. I'm looking to my fellow Americans to act like they have a pair and to pull themselves up by their bootstraps. This relying on the government to fix shit is what is taking this economy so long to turn around. It was American ingenuity, blood, sweat and tears that built this country and made it the super power that is use to be. "We the people" did it before and "we the people" can do it again as long as we are willing to get off our asses and act like we own a pair. So I am not going to lay blame on the government anymore because the more I think about it, it is we the people who have allowed the government to get intermingled within our lives and assist us in screwing things up to the degree things are. The sooner we realize this, the sooner we can get this country back on track again without pointing fingers at everyone else. If there is one thing that I cannot stand, it is people who bitch while standing still. Bitch all you want, but at least be working toward a solution while you're bitchin'. That's the way I was taught as a Marine and that is the way I roll.
Well said my friend. Agreed.
C5sarge is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"Attack life fully armed" " Navy Vet"
93 Torch Red Coupe - Sold
01 Torch Red Vert - Traded
Old 11-14-2012, 07:51 AM   #57
Vette_Newb
Account Disabled.

Member #6180

My Corvette(s)
1989 L98 Coupe

Democrats should love the GOP..

Without Republican "Helicopter" Ben Bernanke, the crisis would not have been papered-over and pushed down the road.

Without Republican John "RobertsCare" Roberts ObamaCare wouldn't even be a conversation piece today.

Without Republican General "StickyDick" Petraeus, Obama's Benghazi problem would be much worse.

Thank God those GOP'ers are there to cover his ass..
Old 11-14-2012, 08:12 AM   #58
walleyfisher
DC Crew

Member #81755

My Corvette(s)
1974 coupe & 1984 coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vette_Newb View Post
Democrats should love the GOP..

Without Republican "Helicopter" Ben Bernanke, the crisis would not have been papered-over and pushed down the road.

Without Republican John "RobertsCare" Roberts ObamaCare wouldn't even be a conversation piece today.

Without Republican General "StickyDick" Petraeus, Obama's Benghazi problem would be much worse.

Thank God those GOP'ers are there to cover his ass..
You are going to drive me to drinking.....heck pass the scotch
walleyfisher is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"If you're not on somebody's shit list, you're not doing anything worthwhile"
Old 11-14-2012, 08:15 AM   #59
Vette_Newb
Account Disabled.

Member #6180

My Corvette(s)
1989 L98 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by walleyfisher View Post
You are going to drive me to drinking.....heck pass the scotch
I'm trying to drive you to thinking..
Old 11-14-2012, 08:23 AM   #60
Vette_Newb
Account Disabled.

Member #6180

My Corvette(s)
1989 L98 Coupe

Ooops.. forgot one.

Chris Christie.. the deciding factor.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (12 CHARACTERS MAXIMUM), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.