C7 Tailights - Page 2 - Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums

Go Back   Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums > C7 Corvette Forums > C7 Corvette - Facts | Info | Rumors
Register Forums Garage Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Notices

C7 Corvette - Facts | Info | Rumors The first C7 Corvette info is rolling in...

Shops/Tuners
Custom Image Corvettes
A&A Corvette
Corvette tuner

Interior
Corvette aftermarket products

Insurance

Parts & Products
Race Ramps
Edelbrock
ATI/Procharger
Corvetteguys.com
Melrose Motorsports
Parts Taxi
Airaid
Mid America Motorworks
Pfadt Racing
Madvette Motorsports
Hi-tech Custom Concepts
Corvette aftermarket products
Corvette Garage
Corvette Parts and Accessories
Corvette Car Care Products
Corvette HID
Mid America Motoroworks

Tracks/Schools
Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving
Corvette driving school

Wheels/Tires
Cray Wheels

Services
BADWERKS.com

Old 11-17-2012, 09:26 AM   #16
spd98
DC Crew

Member #4658

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andonis View Post
it's interesting what you are saying. this brings us to an almost another discussion. how will the next chevys be influenced after the c7? will the next camaro stay at its retro style?
now corvette adopting its c1 cues, will it influence all the chevys? if yes, will this mean that chevrolet can't move forward without making the corvette look dated???
I think you took what I ment to far.

The next generation of Chevy's will ook like the new Impala. the Vette grill favors it as well.
Camaro will be smaller and based off of the Alpha platform (like the ATS and new CTS).

The current grill does appear to have some semblance of the C1. And I think you could call it a modern interpritation with classic cues, this is a lot like the Camaro. I think this Corvette will push a little bit of the newer face of Chevy. But not so much that it will look dated.
spd98 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2012, 03:13 PM   #17
bkuper
DC Crew

Member #16

My Corvette(s)
1994 Dark Metallic Red Coupe, 1989 Bright Red Coupe, 1986 Black Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by TF3N View Post
(Image courtesy of Jalopnik)
There are some cool ideas in these concept sketches. Too bad more of it doesn't meet the light of day.
bkuper is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Brian Kuper
Dallas, Texas
http://www.gff.com/

1994 LT1 Coupe (broken and sold)
1989 L98 Coupe (sold)
1986 L98 Coupe (bone yard)
Old 11-18-2012, 06:06 PM   #18
MSG C5
DC Crew

Member #33886

My Corvette(s)
2004 Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by TF3N View Post
(Image courtesy of Jalopnik)

The newest teaser vid flashes to a collage of what look to be possible C7 or future Corvette concepts.

If you take a quick look you'll notice the majority of the rear shots feature non-traditional(read: not round) tail light styling.

For those hopeful few that still believe the C7 will feature traditional, round taillights - perhaps this will serve as your rude awakening.

Also, in the vid we're shown a drawing of the rear fascia and an out-of-focus shot of the uncovered car(paired with a bitchin' sound clip of the new exhaust tone)these images match up 100% with the Jalopnik rendering and all spy shots we've seen thus far.

It's pretty clear that this Vette is going to be very angular - and the round taillights will have no place on it (As Longtimer has said again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again... ...and again)

My $0.02

Video here: http://andoniscars.blogspot.hu/2012/...#axzz2CMM9mWim
Is that a round tail light at 0:32 in the video?
MSG C5 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
formerly "RedBarchetta"
Old 11-18-2012, 06:09 PM   #19
Roadkillz
Formerly DOC7000

Member #820

At :32 that looks to be front frontal area of the car, the slope and the direction that the air is flowing in would suggest as much.
Roadkillz is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. " Aristotle
Old 11-18-2012, 10:11 PM   #20
Longtimer
DC Pit Crew Boss

Member #3668

My Corvette(s)
'07 Z51 6Mn NCM delivery, '79 L82 4 sp gymk - Gone '87 Z52 4+3, 76 L-82 4 spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkuper View Post
There are some cool ideas in these concept sketches. Too bad more of it doesn't meet the light of day.

IMO, although most don't have round taillights, most show a much better presentation of the rear than the production C7.
Longtimer is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
'07:bought from a former sponsor, Z06 wheels and Vararam from former sponsors, Various accessories from Corvette Central and Corvette America. B&B Fusions with Corsa X pipe. Shine from Adam's
'87: refurbished all interior with parts from Corv Central '79: Interior refurb = Corvette America, and Corvette Central, T1Rs, Foose Legends
DC Sponsors
________________________________________ ________

Corvette ownership is like owning your own fountain of youth ... and we get a sip from it each time the signal turns green. Watching for C8 fixes & improvements
Old 11-18-2012, 11:35 PM   #21
Roadkillz
Formerly DOC7000

Member #820

Quote:
Originally Posted by spd98 View Post
I think you took what I ment to far.

The next generation of Chevy's will ook like the new Impala. the Vette grill favors it as well.
Camaro will be smaller and based off of the Alpha platform (like the ATS and new CTS).

The current grill does appear to have some semblance of the C1. And I think you could call it a modern interpritation with classic cues, this is a lot like the Camaro. I think this Corvette will push a little bit of the newer face of Chevy. But not so much that it will look dated.
I am sorry, but I simply do not see the new Corporate face on this Corvette with what I have seen before.

BTW for those who do not know, the new Corporate face for chevy is whats on the 2014 Impala and 2013 Traverse.

The 2013 Malibu will be the last for that Corporate face, with the Cruze stated to pick up this face in a year or two.
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. " Aristotle
Old 11-19-2012, 01:16 AM   #22
Andonis
DC Crew

Member #932

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadkillz View Post
I am sorry, but I simply do not see the new Corporate face on this Corvette with what I have seen before.

BTW for those who do not know, the new Corporate face for chevy is whats on the 2014 Impala and 2013 Traverse.

The 2013 Malibu will be the last for that Corporate face, with the Cruze stated to pick up this face in a year or two.
i did not know, thanks.
what about the chevy trucks?
Andonis is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2012, 09:14 AM   #23
Roadkillz
Formerly DOC7000

Member #820

We really have yet to see what face the Chevy trucks will use marching forward. However the new Silverado/Sierra trucks will be shown off soon so we will see very soon.

Though GMCs new face is inspired by the Granite concept car, which I am not 100% sure how I like that.

2013 GMC Acadia

Old 11-19-2012, 10:41 AM   #24
Andonis
DC Crew

Member #932

a few ideas

so many things in my mind...

styling and design
1. if we look at the C1 (I've still yet to see one in person) but according to the pics, the front grille is actually INSPIRING the camaro, not the other way around. look carefully at those "teeth"

2.the entire style-hype on the front grill - besides telling that i'm a chevy - is also an attempt to move upmarket. at least visually. nowadays is very trendy to have chromes on high end cars. take astons for example. someone said that after the C1 this bold grill vanished from vettes and was right. although every vette (except the C5 maybe) is B E A utiful, this chrome mouth might actually work.
i dunno about you guys, but in europe it sure won't hurt to have more shiny stuff on the car. it will look more expensive.

3. meanwhile i forgot what i wanted :P
Andonis is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2012, 11:01 AM   #25
spd98
DC Crew

Member #4658

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadkillz View Post

In the upper pic look at the lower grill opening and the two bumps on the outer edges of the lower front bumper. Those will be simular on the Vette.
spd98 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2012, 05:44 PM   #26
RattVette
DC Crew

Member #103918

My Corvette(s)

much rather see this as the rear
RattVette is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2012, 08:03 AM   #27
JThomas
DC Crew

Member #23785

My Corvette(s)
2012 Carbon Flash Metallic Centennial Z06

That is pretty good looking to me! I like the smooth flowing lines instead of the angular stuff. JMHO
JThomas is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Corvette Club of Michigan
NCM Master Ambassador
NCM Lifetime Member
NCM Caravan '09 Michigan Captain
Old 12-01-2012, 10:36 AM   #28
Vettefan34
DC Crew

Member #18361

My Corvette(s)
2002 EB ZO6,Vortech Charged 96 Camaro SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL1GT View Post
I saw it too, exactly a year ago when we first saw the Jalopnik and then Trinity renderings. But not the current Camaro. It reminded me of a logical progression of the 1982 to 2002 Camaro theme.

That's not all bad IMHO. I've owned all generations of Corvette but have often thought the grill styling left something to be desired. The original 1953-1957 was ok but after that Corvette grilles didn't have a lot of character for about 47 years. They were either hidden behind bumpers or split into 2 or 3 pieces or there was none at all. At least the C6s got a one piece recessed opening.

There will be many complaints here about the C7 losing traditional Corvette styling cues. Many will hate the new side vents, taillamps, and the loss of the halo bar and big heavy rear greenhouse we tolerated for 35 years. But I expect most to agree that the C7 front styling with its defined and functional grill shape to be the best one yet. It's even quite pointed, which will remind some of the 1968-1982.

Not to mention the slick headlamps containing 4 bi-zenon lamps with a smooth glowing white bar along the bottom and outer edge (a hockey stick shape) for DRL's. Just inboard of that, a vertical strip amber led's for turn signals. A clean design when off, bold and high tech when illuminated
Valid...
Vettefan34 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
2002 EB ZO6- Doug Rippie Built A.R.E. Dry Sump 434 ci LS something..Wiseco 4.155 pistons,DTE 3.90 rear,RPM Stage V Transmision,Kooks 1 7/8 Headers, X pipe w/no cats, Borla Stingers, FAST-102/TPIS TB, Vararam .... 1320' 10.16@136 mph, 600RWHP,540RWTQ(E85), DRM Coilovers, T1 Sways, C6Z Brakes, Michelin PS Cup tires- 285/18 and 345/19 on 2009 Spyder Wheels.

Keep The C5's Alive!
Old 12-01-2012, 10:59 AM   #29
iznthesky
DC Crew

Member #115492

My Corvette(s)
C6 Grand Sport

C7 on the cover of Magazine.

I just saw the magazine in the Tampa Airport...Red C7 grand sport on the cover and about a 4 page write up on it. Pictures in the write-up show it from most angles. Sorry I didnt buy it and I feel dumb for not remembering the name of the magazine....I believe it was Car and Driver. But as far as the car is concerned, I still think the C-6 is a better looking car. I like the new front end of the C7, but I dont care for the back end of the car. IMO there is not enough flowing curves back there. But I guess it is...what it is...the new C7. Like it or not it is our new C7. I cant wait to read a more in depth review of the new motors that will be offered.
iznthesky is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2012, 02:25 PM   #30
Longtimer
DC Pit Crew Boss

Member #3668

My Corvette(s)
'07 Z51 6Mn NCM delivery, '79 L82 4 sp gymk - Gone '87 Z52 4+3, 76 L-82 4 spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by iznthesky View Post
Like it or not it is our new C7.
No, it's Welburns', Peters', and Bennion's ivory tower-we-don't-care-what-you-think-get-used-to-it C7, it's not "ours." GM and their attitude can suck it as far as I'm concerned.
Longtimer is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
'07:bought from a former sponsor, Z06 wheels and Vararam from former sponsors, Various accessories from Corvette Central and Corvette America. B&B Fusions with Corsa X pipe. Shine from Adam's
'87: refurbished all interior with parts from Corv Central '79: Interior refurb = Corvette America, and Corvette Central, T1Rs, Foose Legends
DC Sponsors
________________________________________ ________

Corvette ownership is like owning your own fountain of youth ... and we get a sip from it each time the signal turns green. Watching for C8 fixes & improvements
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Longtimer For This Useful Post:
dreamcars99 (12-01-2012), stinger430 (12-01-2012)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (12 CHARACTERS MAXIMUM), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.