Obama wants to nationalize your IRA,401K - Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums

Go Back   Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums > Other Discussions/Topics > News Room
Register Forums Garage Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Notices

News Room This section is for discussing current events.

Shops/Tuners
Custom Image Corvettes
A&A Corvette
Corvette tuner

Interior
Corvette aftermarket products

Insurance

Parts & Products
Race Ramps
Edelbrock
ATI/Procharger
Corvetteguys.com
Melrose Motorsports
Parts Taxi
Airaid
Mid America Motorworks
Pfadt Racing
Madvette Motorsports
Hi-tech Custom Concepts
Corvette aftermarket products
Corvette Garage
Corvette Parts and Accessories
Corvette Car Care Products
Corvette HID
Mid America Motoroworks

Tracks/Schools
Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving
Corvette driving school

Wheels/Tires
Cray Wheels

Services
BADWERKS.com

Old 11-16-2012, 07:42 AM   #1
Matt383
DC Crew

Member #352
Location: 2003 Points Champ Great Lakes Corvette Challange;2006, 2007,2008 & 2010 class winner NMCA True Street

Obama wants to nationalize your IRA,401K

Obama Begins Push for New National Retirement System

A recent hearing sponsored by the Treasury and Labor Departments marked the beginning of the Obama Administrationís effort to nationalize the nationís pension system and to eliminate private retirement accounts including IRAís and 401k plans, NSC is warning.

The hearing, held in the Labor Departmentís main auditorium, was monitored by NSC staff and featured a line up of left-wing activists including one representative of the AFL-CIO who advocated for more government regulation over private retirement accounts and even the establishment of government-sponsored annuities that would take the place of 401k plans.

"This hearing was set up to explore why Americans are not saving as much for their retirement as they could," explains National Seniors Council National Director Robert Crone, "However, it is clear that this is the first step towards a government takeover. It feels just like the beginning of the debate over health care and we all know how that ended up."

A representative of the liberal Pension Rights Center, Rebecca Davis, testified that the government needs to get involved because 401k plans and IRAs are unfair to poor people. She demanded the Obama administration set up a "government-sponsored program administered by the PBGC (the governmentsí Pension Benefit Guarantee Corporation)." She proclaimed that even "private annuities are problematic."

Such "reforms" would effectively end private retirement accounts in America, Crone warns. "These people want the government to require that ultimately all Americans buy these government annuities instead of saving or investing on their own. The Government could then take these trillions of dollars and redistribute it through this new national retirement system."

Deputy Treasury Secretary J. Mark Iwry, who presided over the hearing, is a long-time critic of 401k plans because he believes they benefit the rich. He also appears to be one of the Administrationís point man on this issue.

http://www.nationalseniorscouncil.or...rity&Itemid=62
Matt383 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
I'm not saying let's go kill all the stupid people...I'm just saying let's remove all the warning labels and let the problem sort itself out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2012, 07:46 AM   #2
Texdentist

Member #76657

My Corvette(s)
2013 Coupe, 2009 Coupe - traded, '74 Coupe totalled, '77 Coupe sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt383 View Post
Obama Begins Push for New National Retirement System

A recent hearing sponsored by the Treasury and Labor Departments marked the beginning of the Obama Administrationís effort to nationalize the nationís pension system and to eliminate private retirement accounts including IRAís and 401k plans, NSC is warning.

The hearing, held in the Labor Departmentís main auditorium, was monitored by NSC staff and featured a line up of left-wing activists including one representative of the AFL-CIO who advocated for more government regulation over private retirement accounts and even the establishment of government-sponsored annuities that would take the place of 401k plans.

"This hearing was set up to explore why Americans are not saving as much for their retirement as they could," explains National Seniors Council National Director Robert Crone, "However, it is clear that this is the first step towards a government takeover. It feels just like the beginning of the debate over health care and we all know how that ended up."

A representative of the liberal Pension Rights Center, Rebecca Davis, testified that the government needs to get involved because 401k plans and IRAs are unfair to poor people. She demanded the Obama administration set up a "government-sponsored program administered by the PBGC (the governmentsí Pension Benefit Guarantee Corporation)." She proclaimed that even "private annuities are problematic."

Such "reforms" would effectively end private retirement accounts in America, Crone warns. "These people want the government to require that ultimately all Americans buy these government annuities instead of saving or investing on their own. The Government could then take these trillions of dollars and redistribute it through this new national retirement system."

Deputy Treasury Secretary J. Mark Iwry, who presided over the hearing, is a long-time critic of 401k plans because he believes they benefit the rich. He also appears to be one of the Administrationís point man on this issue.

http://www.nationalseniorscouncil.or...rity&Itemid=62
There may be a few far left nut bags in the government who want this. But hell will freeze over before this happens. IRA's and 401k's are not just for the rich. This would affect more than half of America and just would not be politically feasible. This is talk. Nothing more.
Texdentist is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2012, 07:47 AM   #3
blckslvr79

Member #67576

My Corvette(s)
1979 L82 4speed

But the government can protect us. Look how much money is lost in investments each year. No more evil rich people controlling our investments and stealing our money. The majority have spoken. Obama knows what's in our best interest. He understands us.
blckslvr79 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
I'm taking care of my procrastination issues, just you wait and see.
Old 11-16-2012, 07:52 AM   #4
Matt383
DC Crew

Member #352
Location: 2003 Points Champ Great Lakes Corvette Challange;2006, 2007,2008 & 2010 class winner NMCA True Street

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texdentist View Post
There may be a few far left nut bags in the government who want this. But hell will freeze over before this happens. IRA's and 401k's are not just for the rich. This would affect more than half of America and just would not be politically feasible. This is talk. Nothing more.

Ahhh yes....

But isn't this talk similar to how Obama Care got started?

We all know how THAT turned out.
Matt383 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
I'm not saying let's go kill all the stupid people...I'm just saying let's remove all the warning labels and let the problem sort itself out.
Old 11-16-2012, 07:53 AM   #5
blckslvr79

Member #67576

My Corvette(s)
1979 L82 4speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt383 View Post
Ahhh yes....

But isn't this talk similar to how Obama Care got started?

We all know how THAT turned out.
The government will take care of us.
Trust in Obama!
Old 11-16-2012, 08:26 AM   #6
walleyfisher
DC Crew

Member #81755

My Corvette(s)
1974 coupe & 1984 coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by blckslvr79 View Post
The government will take care of us.
Trust in Obama!
Soon that will be printed on our money
walleyfisher is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"If you're not on somebody's shit list, you're not doing anything worthwhile"
Old 11-16-2012, 08:43 AM   #7
blckslvr79

Member #67576

My Corvette(s)
1979 L82 4speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by walleyfisher View Post
Soon that will be printed on our money
Funny because it's true.
Old 11-16-2012, 09:30 AM   #8
grumpyvette
DC Pit Crew

Member #1106

My Corvette(s)
retired engineer, engine builder, racer 1985.1992.1996 cpes

if the government succeeds in confiscating your private pension and 401K and similar investments this will be reduced to a communist country in all but name as the government will control all wealth, all business investments, all business spending and your very existence, they can then simply tell you what to do, and if you don,t jump high or fast enough cut off all funds or monetary transfers , so you can,t buy anything or go anywhere,, STALIN WOULD BE SO PROUD OF OBAMA
grumpyvette is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
" IF YOU CAN,T SMOKE THE TIRES AT WILL,FROM A 60 MPH ROLLING START YOUR ENGINE NEEDS MORE WORK!!"
The Following User Says Thank You to grumpyvette For This Useful Post:
87vette81big (11-17-2012)
Old 11-17-2012, 09:42 AM   #9
87vette81big
DC Crew

Member #117927

My Corvette(s)
1987 Corvette Convertible

If you hide and bury cash, gold, diamonds, guns and ammo, no communist bastard can steal it from a bank account set up by bam bam blama.
87vette81big is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2012, 10:27 AM   #10
Poncherello
Grey Squirrel

Member #5040

My Corvette(s)
Looking

I think it's a great idea because those of who didn't save much when we were younger will make out like bandits this time around.
Poncherello is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 11-17-2012, 03:14 PM   #11
KennyGS
DC Crew

Member #105698

My Corvette(s)
2010 Grand Sport Coupe (M6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncherello View Post
I think it's a great idea because those of who didn't save much when we were younger will make out like bandits this time around.
Yeah, in other words, everyone who has been careful, planned well, made a good life, and never relied on anyone else but themselves, will have done so for nothing.

Terrific.
KennyGS is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2012, 03:17 PM   #12
Poncherello
Grey Squirrel

Member #5040

My Corvette(s)
Looking

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyGS View Post
Yeah, in other words, everyone who has been careful, planned well, made a good life, and never relied on anyone else but themselves, will have done so for nothing.

Terrific.
Why do think my motto in life is never do today what you can do tomorrow? Then I never have to do anything...... I can't wait for the government to take over your 401K and give some to me.
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 11-17-2012, 06:11 PM   #13
87vette81big
DC Crew

Member #117927

My Corvette(s)
1987 Corvette Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncherello View Post
Why do think my motto in life is never do today what you can do tomorrow? Then I never have to do anything...... I can't wait for the government to take over your 401K and give some to me.

They are not going to take care of anyone longer than they have to.
Just to get votes.
Liberals will perish just like the conservatives.
That is the ironic part of communism.
Only the elite survive & prosper.
Liberals will cry the blues later likewise.
Free ride over because all the money$$$$$$$$$$$ is gone.
Stolen......
They sink & swim in whale chit like the rest.

87vette81big is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2012, 06:48 AM   #14
Vette_Newb
The Copy/Paste King

Member #6180

My Corvette(s)
1989 L98 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyGS View Post

Terrific.
Bush set the model for rewarding bad behavior, Barry doubled down on that and here we are. Now people who save, plan, invest wisely are on the short end of the stick.

If your in dollars, get out.
Vette_Newb is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Fascism is a religion of the state. It assumes the organic unity of the body politic and longs for a national leader attuned to the will of the people. It is totalitarian in that it views everything as political and holds that any action by the state is justified to achieve the common good. It takes responsibility for all aspects of life, including our health and well-being, and seeks to impose uniformity of thought and action, whether by force or through regulation and social pressure. Everything, including economy and religion, must be aligned with its objectives.
Old 11-18-2012, 08:58 AM   #15
Poncherello
Grey Squirrel

Member #5040

My Corvette(s)
Looking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vette_Newb View Post
Bush set the model for rewarding bad behavior, Barry doubled down on that and here we are. Now people who save, plan, invest wisely are on the short end of the stick.

If your in dollars, get out.
Fighting all these evil forces is like pissing in the wind....well I'm tired of always having a wet face, it's just easier to walk around with my hand out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (12 CHARACTERS MAXIMUM), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.