American Chopper cancelled.... again. - Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums

Go Back   Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums > Other Discussions/Topics > Stingray's "Bad Shark" Lounge
Register Forums Garage Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Notices

Stingray's "Bad Shark" Lounge Welcome to our seriously OFF TOPIC discussion forum section! Open 24-hours a day since 2003.

Shops/Tuners
Custom Image Corvettes
A&A Corvette
Corvette tuner

Interior
Corvette aftermarket products

Insurance

Parts & Products
Race Ramps
Edelbrock
ATI/Procharger
Corvetteguys.com
Melrose Motorsports
Parts Taxi
Airaid
Mid America Motorworks
Pfadt Racing
Madvette Motorsports
Hi-tech Custom Concepts
Corvette aftermarket products
Corvette Garage
Corvette Parts and Accessories
Corvette Car Care Products
Corvette HID
Mid America Motoroworks

Tracks/Schools
Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving
Corvette driving school

Wheels/Tires
Cray Wheels

Services
BADWERKS.com

Old 11-16-2012, 07:14 PM   #1
Patrick
DC Crew

Member #1

My Corvette(s)
Current: 2003 Convertible .... Previous: 1996, 1996 GS, 2001 vert, 2002 Z06, 2003, 2007 Z51, etc...

American Chopper cancelled.... again.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/11/16/am...per-cancelled/

Cancelled just like it was after season 6.
Patrick is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2012, 05:55 AM   #2
C4forlife
DC Crew

Member #54904

My Corvette(s)
1986 1996

Thank god. Maybe it will open up the opportunity for some real shows without all the crap.
C4forlife is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
96 stock and 86E I don't even know how to explain anymore.
“Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws.”
~Plato
Old 11-17-2012, 08:14 AM   #3
XQIZT
You've been pimped!!

Member #80197

My Corvette(s)
1985 Z51, 1977 custom

What even happened with the new season? Did Jr. and Sr. get back together to make one shop?

Didn't matter. I stopped watching like 4 years ago, when the focus was more on screaming at each other instead of building bikes.
XQIZT is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"Alexa" - 1985 Z51 - In memory of the last Corvette Dad owned.

"Desiree" - 1977 - Wife's car, with an attitude problem

Click here for more info about our cars and autocrossing and other Corvette stuff.
Old 11-17-2012, 08:28 AM   #4
Poncherello
Grey Squirrel

Member #5040

My Corvette(s)
Looking

This show lost it's appeal about 4 or 5 years ago and was resurrected in the Sr. Vs. Jr. show which rekindled it for a short time. They've played this out as long as they can making a lot of people a lot of money but as with all things....it was time to end it. Orange County Choppers is on its way down, Sr. is in his mid 60's now and has all the money he can spend in his lifetime. The headquarters sits mostly empty now with the luster of his products mostly dull now. Without the show to prop things up there's going to be a lot of people looking for new jobs.

Paul Jr. designs, on the other hand, continues to stay true to its roots..... building quality bikes without being ostentatious. They continue to operate in a relatively small shop with a core group of guys who enjoy working rather than being a showcase. Driving by the shop you wouldn't even know it if you weren't looking. I think Paul Jr has alot of creative years ahead of him and now that he's out from under his father's controlling personality he should continue to do well.

The true irony in all this is Mikey, the one with the least amount of talent, who was responsible for the pilot of the original show. If he wasn't drunk in a local bar when a Discovery producer was hanging out this soap opera would never have made it into our living rooms....and for that Mikey, we thank you.
Poncherello is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 11-17-2012, 09:49 AM   #5
raidmagic
DC Crew

Member #1067

My Corvette(s)
Rare 1987 bright red

I for one am glad to see Paul Jr succeeding with out that dickbag of a father involved with his business. I hope for good things for him and the guys in his shop. I could care less if Sr loses his business or not he's an idiot to think he built that by himself and Jr didn't do anything.
raidmagic is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Sampson 9/22/97-1/1/05

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read

Florida muscle car enthusiast click here
Old 11-17-2012, 01:39 PM   #6
92Roadster

Member #36181

*****thank God they dumped it like Dog/Bounty Hunter
two well deserving shows....
92Roadster is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2012, 02:57 PM   #7
Poncherello
Grey Squirrel

Member #5040

My Corvette(s)
Looking

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92Roadster View Post
*****thank God they dumped it like Dog/Bounty Hunter
two well deserving shows....
We all miss Baby Lyssa

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 11-19-2012, 02:46 AM   #8
c6vettedude
DC Crew

Member #120057

Good!
c6vettedude is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
2006 Blk C6 vert w/A&A Supercharger kit w/V3 upgrade, Random Tech ceramic-coated LT headers w/hi-flo cats and Corsa Extreme exhaust. New dyno #'s 611rwhp/583tq
Old 11-21-2012, 12:54 PM   #9
pluslt
DC Crew

Member #82819

My Corvette(s)
2003 Z06

I've enjoyed watching it. Although for the last two seasons I've pretty much fast forwarded through the builds going on at OCC and watched what the guys were doing over at PjD.

Honestly you can't even compare what Jr. cranks out to what OCC does. Jr's bikes whether they are practical or not, are pretty darn outstanding looking IMO. OCC bikes on the other hand, look like they took a regular bike and bolted a bunch of crap to it and threw a paint job on it.

I had always hoped that Rick would part ways with the old man and find his way over to PjD.
pluslt is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
SOLD: 2003 Quicksilver Z06. LG Longtubes, Corsa Cat Back, Blackwing Intake, Hurst Short Throw, Textralia Clutch, 160 Degree Thermostat, ECS Tune. Iforged Aero's: 19s and 18s. Alpine IVA-W200, JBL speakers, amps and sub. Custom molded sub box with back lit LEDs.
Old 11-21-2012, 02:19 PM   #10
Poncherello
Grey Squirrel

Member #5040

My Corvette(s)
Looking

On the latest episode Sr. calls Vinny on his cell and asks to meet him so they can discuss why Vinny won't go to the OCC shop for the joint build. As usual, Sr. gets all defensive and tells Vinny if it wasn't for him he'd be a nothing. Being the better man Vinny thanked him and got in the car and drove away. That Sr. is a pompous, self indulged douche. I can't wait to drive by the OCC headquarters and see the out of business sign hanging.
Old 11-21-2012, 05:11 PM   #11
raidmagic
DC Crew

Member #1067

My Corvette(s)
Rare 1987 bright red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncherello View Post
On the latest episode Sr. calls Vinny on his cell and asks to meet him so they can discuss why Vinny won't go to the OCC shop for the joint build. As usual, Sr. gets all defensive and tells Vinny if it wasn't for him he'd be a nothing. Being the better man Vinny thanked him and got in the car and drove away. That Sr. is a pompous, self indulged douche. I can't wait to drive by the OCC headquarters and see the out of business sign hanging.
I was amazed by this, he asks what's bothering Vinny and when he hears the truth he just turns into that old douche we know he always will be
raidmagic is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Sampson 9/22/97-1/1/05

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read

Florida muscle car enthusiast click here
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (12 CHARACTERS MAXIMUM), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.