Conservatives - Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums

Go Back   Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums > Other Discussions/Topics > News Room
Register Forums Garage Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Notices

News Room This section is for discussing current events.

Shops/Tuners
Custom Image Corvettes
A&A Corvette
Corvette tuner

Interior
Corvette aftermarket products

Insurance

Parts & Products
Race Ramps
Edelbrock
ATI/Procharger
Corvetteguys.com
Melrose Motorsports
Parts Taxi
Airaid
Mid America Motorworks
Pfadt Racing
Madvette Motorsports
Hi-tech Custom Concepts
Corvette aftermarket products
Corvette Garage
Corvette Parts and Accessories
Corvette Car Care Products
Corvette HID
Mid America Motoroworks

Tracks/Schools
Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving
Corvette driving school

Wheels/Tires
Cray Wheels

Services
BADWERKS.com

Old 11-13-2012, 11:35 AM   #1
C5sarge
DC Crew

Member #105729

My Corvette(s)
09 Coupe

Conservatives

I could also say Republicans although I'm a conservative that is not connected at the hip with the pubs.

I ponder a question. With things as they are now this might make some think on both sides.

What would happen over the next year if all the Republicans/ Conservatives left the country?
C5sarge is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"Attack life fully armed" " Navy Vet"
93 Torch Red Coupe - Sold
01 Torch Red Vert - Traded
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2012, 12:58 PM   #2
XQIZT
You've been pimped!!

Member #80197

My Corvette(s)
1985 Z51, 1977 custom

Are you trying to imply that all the people that make money and make the jobs would go away and this country would be left with nothing but moochers and deadbeats?

Then the "conservatives" could laugh from off shore and say "see, you really do need us?"

XQIZT is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"Alexa" - 1985 Z51 - In memory of the last Corvette Dad owned.

"Desiree" - 1977 - Wife's car, with an attitude problem

Click here for more info about our cars and autocrossing and other Corvette stuff.
Old 11-13-2012, 01:15 PM   #3
walleyfisher
DC Crew

Member #81755

My Corvette(s)
1974 coupe & 1984 coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by C5sarge View Post
I could also say Republicans although I'm a conservative that is not connected at the hip with the pubs.

I ponder a question. With things as they are now this might make some think on both sides.

What would happen over the next year if all the Republicans/ Conservatives left the country?
There would be more Mr. & Mr. Jones and more Ms. & Ms. Smith, Corner Maryjo Stores, and there would be a government program for Netflix and HBO, Direct TV and gas would be too expensive to put into your car

walleyfisher is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"If you're not on somebody's shit list, you're not doing anything worthwhile"
Old 11-13-2012, 06:54 PM   #4
Vette_Newb
The Copy/Paste King

Member #6180

My Corvette(s)
1989 L98 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by XQIZT View Post
Are you trying to imply that all the people that make money and make the jobs would go away and this country would be left with nothing but moochers and deadbeats?

Then the "conservatives" could laugh from off shore and say "see, you really do need us?"

Who would man the food stamp machine??
Vette_Newb is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Fascism is a religion of the state. It assumes the organic unity of the body politic and longs for a national leader attuned to the will of the people. It is totalitarian in that it views everything as political and holds that any action by the state is justified to achieve the common good. It takes responsibility for all aspects of life, including our health and well-being, and seeks to impose uniformity of thought and action, whether by force or through regulation and social pressure. Everything, including economy and religion, must be aligned with its objectives.
Old 11-14-2012, 05:07 AM   #5
C5sarge
DC Crew

Member #105729

My Corvette(s)
09 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by XQIZT View Post

I'm not implying anything. Just want you to post a comment based on what you as an idividual thinks would happen. You kind of did that by answering with a question. Elaborate on why you think this.
Old 11-14-2012, 07:32 AM   #6
fyreline
DC Crew

Member #37720

My Corvette(s)
1962 327/300hp, 2007 3LT Convertible

I think Sarge raises an interesting question. As a life-long conservative (but not a lock-step Republican) I think that the notion of "all the conservative/republicans leaving the country" would never happen, under any circumstances. We care too much about our country to desert it, especially in what many of us perceive as it's greatest moment of need.

And that's not to say that all liberal/Democrats don't care about their country. I think that at this point we all need to take a deep breath, step back, and reconsider what we actually think about ourselves and each other as opposite ends of the political spectrum. The following comments are my opinions only, based on 5 generalized perceptions.

1.) Perception - the Republicans have all the money and only care about keeping it. The Democrats want to take care of everyone, cradle to grave, and have no concern about or plan for how to pay for it. True or false?

2.) Perception - the Democrats are only interested in placing and keeping as many voters as possible on government assistance of some sort, in order to keep getting themselves re-elected. The Republicans want to keep getting richer and don't care if the poor people starve. True or false?

3.) Perception - More conservative/Republicans contribute meaningfully to the financial support of this nation than liberal/Democrats do. All the liberals want is a free ride, and they want you to pay for it. True or false?

4.) Perception - Republicans care more about the economy than they do about people. Democrats care more about people than they do about the economy. True or false?

5.) Perception - liberal/Democrats believe we need to increase taxes for the "rich" because they aren't paying their "fair share". Conservative/Republicans believe that since the top 10% of wage earners already pay 40% of the nation's taxes (and the top 1% pay 73%), they are already far exceeding their "fair share". True or false?

These are the things I have always heard. Are they true? Are they sometimes true? We are all familiar with the expression, "perception IS reality". Is this really how we see each other? And if it is, have we ever considered that we may both be wrong?

Just sayin'.

I am not about to abandon my conservative principles that it is NOT the government's job to "take care" of you. That's YOUR job. Or that conservative, responsible fiscal policies and a healthy US economy are the best hope for ALL of the nation's citizens - not hand-outs and wasteful programs that only perpetuate poverty and misery while destroying self-reliance. Telling people they cannot survive without government assistance is a self-fulfilling prophesy. To use a trite phrase, they need a hand up, not a hand-out. That means JOBS, which means they will have to work. I believe that many if not most people WANT to work and be self-reliant, providing for their families and contributing to their communities. There is still such a thing as the American Dream, and we are stealing it from many people. Stop telling them they can't have it, and show them how they can.

But to more properly answer Sarge's original question as to what I believe would happen if all the conservative /Republicans left the country . . . I think the country that would be left wouldn't be able to support itself very well, or for very long. Now, if the opposite were true and all the liberal/Democrats left the country, what would THAT nation look like in a few years? Would it fare any better? In both cases, I don't want to find out. I'm stayin' - we need to work together and get this right.

Just my opinion, or course. What's yours?
fyreline is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to fyreline For This Useful Post:
C5sarge (11-14-2012)
Old 11-15-2012, 05:48 AM   #7
c6vettedude
DC Crew

Member #120057

Quote:

You're NEVER going to have 1 single group of people that think alike. 1 group will always splinter to other groups. There are plenty of Dems who are fiscally conservative and work hard. How else could one explain the previous charts shown here that clearly show that most conservatives in the south are poor and receive welfare and other entitlements? The wealth with regards to Republicans is clearly in the top few percent.

The overwhelming Republican voting block are poor with a dissappearing middle class for all. Most Pub voters simply serve as voter support and vote against their own interest.
It's the social politics that the Republican party use to fool these people. Well-versed tactics using fear, divisiveness, religion and ignorance is what the the Pubs use to drive the wedge. Pubs will, and have given TRILLIONS to the wealthy, but they will not give to the "poor" fools who vote for them.

As the old saying goes on the streets... "See a fool, use a fool".
c6vettedude is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
2006 Blk C6 vert w/A&A Supercharger kit w/V3 upgrade, Random Tech ceramic-coated LT headers w/hi-flo cats and Corsa Extreme exhaust. New dyno #'s 611rwhp/583tq
Old 11-15-2012, 07:46 AM   #8
C5sarge
DC Crew

Member #105729

My Corvette(s)
09 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by c6vettedude View Post
You're NEVER going to have 1 single group of people that think alike. 1 group will always splinter to other groups. There are plenty of Dems who are fiscally conservative and work hard. How else could one explain the previous charts shown here that clearly show that most conservatives in the south are poor and receive welfare and other entitlements? The wealth with regards to Republicans is clearly in the top few percent.

The overwhelming Republican voting block are poor with a dissappearing middle class for all. Most Pub voters simply serve as voter support and vote against their own interest.
It's the social politics that the Republican party use to fool these people. Well-versed tactics using fear, divisiveness, religion and ignorance is what the the Pubs use to drive the wedge. Pubs will, and have given TRILLIONS to the wealthy, but they will not give to the "poor" fools who vote for them.

As the old saying goes on the streets... "See a fool, use a fool".
Well OK then. Right out of the playbook. Did you read the question asked?
Old 11-15-2012, 01:55 PM   #9
blckslvr79

Member #67576

My Corvette(s)
1979 L82 4speed

Quote:
Obviously not!

Copy and past from some Libtard blog.
blckslvr79 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
I'm taking care of my procrastination issues, just you wait and see.
Old 11-16-2012, 01:07 AM   #10
c6vettedude
DC Crew

Member #120057

Quote:
Yes. You may disagree with what my position is on it... but that's cool.
2006 Blk C6 vert w/A&A Supercharger kit w/V3 upgrade, Random Tech ceramic-coated LT headers w/hi-flo cats and Corsa Extreme exhaust. New dyno #'s 611rwhp/583tq
Old 11-20-2012, 05:55 AM   #11
C5sarge
DC Crew

Member #105729

My Corvette(s)
09 Coupe

Quote:
Yes. You may disagree with what my position is on it... but that's cool.
Fair enough. I would say the wealthy give way more to charities then you or I really know. I would also say they "give" (provide) more opportunity in the form of job creation than the poor or the government. Government help is OK when people are down but it's unsustainable. We can't feed of the host forever as the host will eventually die.
Old 11-20-2012, 06:00 AM   #12
Vette_Newb
The Copy/Paste King

Member #6180

My Corvette(s)
1989 L98 Coupe

Quote:
Fair enough. I would say the wealthy give way more to charities then you or I really know. I would also say they "give" (provide) more opportunity in the form of job creation than the poor or the government. Government help is OK when people are down but it's unsustainable. We can't feed of the host forever as the host will eventually die.
That is the object of this particular game.
Vette_Newb is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Fascism is a religion of the state. It assumes the organic unity of the body politic and longs for a national leader attuned to the will of the people. It is totalitarian in that it views everything as political and holds that any action by the state is justified to achieve the common good. It takes responsibility for all aspects of life, including our health and well-being, and seeks to impose uniformity of thought and action, whether by force or through regulation and social pressure. Everything, including economy and religion, must be aligned with its objectives.
Old 11-20-2012, 06:11 AM   #13
c6vettedude
DC Crew

Member #120057

Quote:
I agree that the wealthy gives tons of money away! I certainly have nothing against the wealthy, hell, I hope to be joining their ranks someday. There's a big difference between rich and wealthy though lol.

As for job creation not sure if I agree with you there, as most of the jobs in America are created by small to medium sized companies, that are run by folks who aren't rich by any stretch of the imagination. I also agree that the govt. should only help in certain situations, otherwise, like everything else it touches, it'll be a disaster.

Not saying this to you, but when Bush was in office and libs/dems used to talk of going to Canada, Republicans/Cons would say "Love it, or leave it". Guess the shoe is on the other foot now. I'd say for those that don't want to stay "Beat Feet"!
Old 11-20-2012, 07:52 AM   #14
Poncherello
Grey Squirrel

Member #5040

My Corvette(s)
Looking

Quote:

As for job creation not sure if I agree with you there, as most of the jobs in America are created by small to medium sized companies,

Quote:
A common popular perception about the U.S. economy is that small businesses create most private sector jobs. This perception is popular among politicians of different political persuasions, small business advocates and the business press. While early empirical studies (see, e.g., Birch (1979, 1981, and 1987)) provided support for this perception, a variety of subsequent empirical studies have highlighted (see, in particular, Davis, Haltiwanger and Schuh (1996) statistical and measurement pitfalls underlying much of the evidence in support of this perception. These include the lack of suitable data to study this issue, the failure to distinguish between net and gross job creation and statistical problems associated with size classification methods and regression to the mean. From a theoretical perspective the notion of an inverse relationship between firm size and growth runs counter to that described by Gibratís Law (see Sutton 1997). But in spite of these questions from the academic literature, given the lack of definitive evidence to the contrary, the popular perception persists.
http://econweb.umd.edu/~haltiwan/siz...ug_16_2011.pdf
Poncherello is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 11-20-2012, 08:17 AM   #15
Texdentist

Member #76657

My Corvette(s)
2013 Coupe, 2009 Coupe - traded, '74 Coupe totalled, '77 Coupe sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncherello View Post
There you go again with your so-called "facts".
Texdentist is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (12 CHARACTERS MAXIMUM), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.