The Looters Are in Control - Page 2 - Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums

Go Back   Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums > Other Discussions/Topics > News Room
Register Forums Garage Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Notices

News Room This section is for discussing current events.

Shops/Tuners
Custom Image Corvettes
A&A Corvette
Corvette tuner

Interior
Corvette aftermarket products

Insurance

Parts & Products
Race Ramps
Edelbrock
ATI/Procharger
Corvetteguys.com
Melrose Motorsports
Parts Taxi
Airaid
Mid America Motorworks
Pfadt Racing
Madvette Motorsports
Hi-tech Custom Concepts
Corvette aftermarket products
Corvette Garage
Corvette Parts and Accessories
Corvette Car Care Products
Corvette HID
Mid America Motoroworks

Tracks/Schools
Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving
Corvette driving school

Wheels/Tires
Cray Wheels

Services
BADWERKS.com

Old 11-20-2012, 05:19 AM   #16
87vette81big
DC Crew

Member #117927

My Corvette(s)
1987 Corvette Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by c6vettedude View Post
You can make some money off of stocks/bonds, but in this ever increasingly fraudulent market, you have to have some good guidance and be careful. In fact, you make loads lots of money in Bear markets,.. certain companies prosper in down-times. It's all about info.

But... "Real" money is the stuff you can't burn. Gold and Silver has been honored as currency for over 5000 years! Paper money comes and goes.
A very close friend of mine had lots of $$$ invested in the stock market.
Over 1/2 million.
Hired professional investor.
And he made stock market investment choices on his own.
He was super smart.
As smart as myself, guys like Grumpy, Vette Newb, and others here combined.
He could design & engineer race engine combos in his head that actually worked & won races to bring home the Trophy & $10K Saturday night race prize $$$.
Complete a long algorithic trignometry equations in his head in just 1 or 2 minutes.
I tested him.
And he was never wrong.
Also was in the Chicago Race riots of 1968.
National Guard.
Motor Pool Sargent & instructor for all enlisted mechanics.
Ran his own electrical auto repair shop for 30 some years.
GM Master mechanic prior from 1958 to 1978.
He would be 68 years old today if still with us.
Cancer finally got him in 2007.
We were best friends.
He taught me all he knew.
Towel heads stuck 3 airplane jetliners into the twin towers.
He lost 9/10's of his money overnight.
Never to be recovered.
Never stopped talking about the Lords of London.
Insurance companies scamming.
Corrupt bankers.
Corrupt politicians.
He earned all his money & saved for decades.
Trusted people like you.
He got Ficked.
Died near pennyless broke.
All forgot.
But me.
I took care of him last few years alive.
Like he did with me for many years & teaching me.

A scam is not hard for me to detect.
Not You.
Obama.
Bankers.
Stock market.
Liberals staying high 24/7 on what once was highly regulated drugs.
And I can go on.

You are going to loose everything you own.
Bama will make sure of that.
Engineered to fail..............
Spit a connecting rod straight out the side of the race engine you built.

BR
87vette81big is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2012, 05:23 AM   #17
c6vettedude
DC Crew

Member #120057

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87vette81big View Post
A very close friend of mine had lots of $$$ invested in the stock market.
Over 1/2 million.
Hired professional investor.
And he made stock market investment choices on his own.
He was super smart.
As smart as myself, guys like Grumpy, Vette Newb, and others here combined.
He could design & engineer race engine combos in his head that actually worked & won races to bring home the Trophy & $10K Saturday night race prize $$$.
Complete a long algorithic trignometry equations in his head in just 1 or 2 minutes.
I tested him.
And he was never wrong.
Also was in the Chicago Race riots of 1968.
National Guard.
Motor Pool Sargent & instructor for all enlisted mechanics.
Ran his own electrical auto repair shop for 30 some years.
GM Master mechanic prior from 1958 to 1978.
He would be 68 years old today if still with us.
Cancer finally got him in 2007.
We were best friends.
He taught me all he knew.
Towel heads stuck 3 airplane jetliners into the twin towers.
He lost 9/10's of his money overnight.
Never to be recovered.
Never stopped talking about the Lords of London.
Insurance companies scamming.
Corrupt bankers.
Corrupt politicians.
He earned all his money & saved for decades.
Trusted people like you.
He got Ficked.
Died near pennyless broke.
All forgot.
But me.
I took care of him last few years alive.
Like he did with me for many years & teaching me.

A scam is not hard for me to detect.
Not You.
Obama.
Bankers.
Stock market.
Liberals staying high 24/7 on what once was highly regulated drugs.
And I can go on.

You are going to loose everything you own.
Bama will make sure of that.
Engineered to fail..............
Spit a connecting rod straight out the side of the race engine you built.

BR
c6vettedude is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
2006 Blk C6 vert w/A&A Supercharger kit w/V3 upgrade, Random Tech ceramic-coated LT headers w/hi-flo cats and Corsa Extreme exhaust. New dyno #'s 611rwhp/583tq
Old 11-20-2012, 06:22 AM   #18
87vette81big
DC Crew

Member #117927

My Corvette(s)
1987 Corvette Convertible

Quote:
Used Car Salesman.
Everything is shiny & sparkling in the sunlight from 50 feet away.
Cheap car wax does help shine crap.
87vette81big is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2012, 06:25 AM   #19
c6vettedude
DC Crew

Member #120057

Cool... just be happy then!
2006 Blk C6 vert w/A&A Supercharger kit w/V3 upgrade, Random Tech ceramic-coated LT headers w/hi-flo cats and Corsa Extreme exhaust. New dyno #'s 611rwhp/583tq
Old 11-20-2012, 06:34 AM   #20
Texdentist

Member #76657

My Corvette(s)
2013 Coupe, 2009 Coupe - traded, '74 Coupe totalled, '77 Coupe sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vette_Newb View Post
"Full of it" like the jokers who said Romney was electable? Or full of it like the guys who called the 08 crisis in 05?
To be precise, no one said Romney was electable. We said he was the MOST electable of the crowd who was running. The Pubs just didn't have a candidate this year to give voters that thrill running down their leg.
Texdentist is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2012, 06:39 AM   #21
Texdentist

Member #76657

My Corvette(s)
2013 Coupe, 2009 Coupe - traded, '74 Coupe totalled, '77 Coupe sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMelkMan View Post
This quote is of spurious origin. There is no record of Franklin ever saying that.

The whole "Obama phone" thing has already been discredited. I don't know why people keep bringing it up. The "Lifeline Assistance" program was started almost 30 years ago under the Reagan administration. They first started offering cellular service under the second Bush administration... it would be more accurate to call it the "Reagan phone," since his administration originally launched the program.

This guy keeps just pulling information out of his @%$. According to the Consumer Price Index, what cost $1,000,000 in 1970 would take $5,961,778 to purchase in today's money... not $36,000,000. This guy is so full of $#@* that the stench in here is starting to make it difficult to breathe.
Don't bother coming to the newsroom armed with facts. We operate on pure emotion. Facts are just little pesky things that get in the way of our emotions.
Texdentist is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2012, 06:14 PM   #22
Vette_Newb
The Copy/Paste King

Member #6180

My Corvette(s)
1989 L98 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texdentist View Post
To be precise, no one said Romney was electable. We said he was the MOST electable of the crowd who was running.
Evidently the yankers were wrong..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texdentist View Post
The Pubs just didn't have a candidate this year to give voters that thrill running down their leg.
Hell, they lost 5 million of the base.. I would say your statement was an understatement of the year candidate.
Vette_Newb is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Fascism is a religion of the state. It assumes the organic unity of the body politic and longs for a national leader attuned to the will of the people. It is totalitarian in that it views everything as political and holds that any action by the state is justified to achieve the common good. It takes responsibility for all aspects of life, including our health and well-being, and seeks to impose uniformity of thought and action, whether by force or through regulation and social pressure. Everything, including economy and religion, must be aligned with its objectives.
Old 11-21-2012, 04:26 AM   #23
Geneus
DC Crew

Member #64482

My Corvette(s)
Z06

Quote:
Brought the book and read most of it...thought it was too convoluted.
Big book...probably bigger than all the books put together that most on this forum have ever read.

It is not convoluted...it just requires ones attention to the details around the plot...which again, due to the stories length makes that a difficult process.

I bring the book up because it mentions "looters"...basically a class/type of person who wants "free stuff" (to quote recent comments by Bill O'Reilly). It is interesting that a book written in 1957 (with overtones to our society prior to that time) would have references to that type of person (looter). Obviously that type of person (who wants "free stuff') has been around for a long time...longer than the present demographics which O'Reilly seems to allude to in his diatribes on Obama's voter base. That was my point.
Geneus is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Forged 402 stroker, ETP 215 ported/polished heads, 1 7/8" AR headers, Fast 90/LS2 TB, Oz Exo-skel dual disc clutch, 5 point custom roll cage, 4.10 gears, DTE strut brace, DTE hardened output shaft, Rwhp/Rwtq?...enough to go 10.44@133.9 with a 1.55-60' and a slipping clutch...thank you RobZ for driving and ECS for the build.
Old 11-22-2012, 03:58 AM   #24
c6vettedude
DC Crew

Member #120057

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vette_Newb View Post
No, it was illegal for the serfs to own gold again until 1969.. then you could buy/own it. It was basically an overnight 70% devaluation of the dollar.

This a link to the original Post Master General's posting of the Executive Order:

http://www.usagold.com/gildedopinion/executiveorderposter.pdf

It would not say "Persons", if people couldn't own gold. People have been using gold for thousands of years...even in the U.S.
Old 11-22-2012, 04:28 AM   #25
c6vettedude
DC Crew

Member #120057

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geneus View Post
Big book...probably bigger than all the books put together that most on this forum have ever read.

It is not convoluted...it just requires ones attention to the details around the plot...which again, due to the stories length makes that a difficult process.

I bring the book up because it mentions "looters"...basically a class/type of person who wants "free stuff" (to quote recent comments by Bill O'Reilly). It is interesting that a book written in 1957 (with overtones to our society prior to that time) would have references to that type of person (looter). Obviously that type of person (who wants "free stuff') has been around for a long time...longer than the present demographics which O'Reilly seems to allude to in his diatribes on Obama's voter base. That was my point.
Yeah, it's definitely a sizable book with fine print too LOL!!
It just didn't hold my interest for very long.

I just responed in another thread which basically makes the same point you make here with regards to Bill O' and FNC. It's all about racial division and creating a sterotype of people on the left...mainly people who are non-white. They (FNC) and a lot of Conservative Pundits want to paint that picture of the lazy black or hispanic. Ugly truth,...no wonder few people of other races want to join them.

Not enough people in, or who support the party are urging or trying to force the Party to stop using those type of political strategies.
Old 11-22-2012, 06:03 AM   #26
Geneus
DC Crew

Member #64482

My Corvette(s)
Z06

Quote:
Yeah, it's definitely a sizable book with fine print too LOL!!
It just didn't hold my interest for very long.

I just responed in another thread which basically makes the same point you make here with regards to Bill O' and FNC. It's all about racial division and creating a sterotype of people on the left...mainly people who are non-white. They (FNC) and a lot of Conservative Pundits want to paint that picture of the lazy black or hispanic. Ugly truth,...no wonder few people of other races want to join them.

Not enough people in, or who support the party are urging or trying to force the Party to stop using those type of political strategies.
The Republicans (and O'Reilly/FNC) are careful to "dance" around the race issue claiming they have no intention as being viewed as racists when referring to Obama's supporting base. However if one listens carefully the overtones are there and if they think people are that ignorant not to see through their real message well then so be it...they are doomed to flounder and finger-point at "weak candidates" when trying to "spin" why they lose presidential elections.
Forged 402 stroker, ETP 215 ported/polished heads, 1 7/8" AR headers, Fast 90/LS2 TB, Oz Exo-skel dual disc clutch, 5 point custom roll cage, 4.10 gears, DTE strut brace, DTE hardened output shaft, Rwhp/Rwtq?...enough to go 10.44@133.9 with a 1.55-60' and a slipping clutch...thank you RobZ for driving and ECS for the build.
Old 11-22-2012, 06:11 AM   #27
c6vettedude
DC Crew

Member #120057

Quote:
The Republicans (and O'Reilly/FNC) are careful to "dance" around the race issue claiming they have no intention as being viewed as racists when referring to Obama's supporting base. However if one listens carefully the overtones are there and if they think people are that ignorant not to see through their real message well then so be it...they are doomed to flounder and finger-point at "weak candidates" when trying to "spin" why they lose presidential elections.
Hannity is the one only one on the show that pretty much wears it (racism) on his sleeves. You're right in the rest pretty much try and tip top around it.
Old 11-22-2012, 08:05 AM   #28
Geneus
DC Crew

Member #64482

My Corvette(s)
Z06

Quote:
Hannity is the one only one on the show that pretty much wears it (racism) on his sleeves. You're right in the rest pretty much try and tip top around it.
Hannity is the worse...no doubt about it. But then again, there are those here who would argue he is just an entertainer and as such isn't really serious.

While the Republicans (and FNC) contended throughout this whole election process the Democrats did nothing but bash and ran a "dirty" campaign, my retort is this...if the shoe fits, wear it.
Old 11-22-2012, 08:57 PM   #29
c6vettedude
DC Crew

Member #120057

Quote:
Hannity is the worse...no doubt about it. But then again, there are those here who would argue he is just an entertainer and as such isn't really serious.

While the Republicans (and FNC) contended throughout this whole election process the Democrats did nothing but bash and ran a "dirty" campaign, my retort is this...if the shoe fits, wear it.
I remember when BO won the first election. Hannity actually said that the troops shouldn't listen to him... Sedition anyone?? I have to laugh at him and his followers . I don't think Hannity has had a full night of rest since a black man has been in office .

I don't see the Pubs strategy changing though, as fear and hate doesn't take long before it becomes comfortable and sooting to the wear.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (12 CHARACTERS MAXIMUM), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.