It's snowing here in NJ. - Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums

Go Back   Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums > Other Discussions/Topics > Stingray's "Bad Shark" Lounge
Register Forums Garage Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Notices

Stingray's "Bad Shark" Lounge Welcome to our seriously OFF TOPIC discussion forum section! Open 24-hours a day since 2003.

Shops/Tuners
Custom Image Corvettes
A&A Corvette
Corvette tuner

Interior
Corvette aftermarket products

Insurance

Parts & Products
Race Ramps
Edelbrock
ATI/Procharger
Corvetteguys.com
Melrose Motorsports
Parts Taxi
Airaid
Mid America Motorworks
Pfadt Racing
Madvette Motorsports
Hi-tech Custom Concepts
Corvette aftermarket products
Corvette Garage
Corvette Parts and Accessories
Corvette Car Care Products
Corvette HID
Mid America Motoroworks

Tracks/Schools
Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving
Corvette driving school

Wheels/Tires
Cray Wheels

Services
BADWERKS.com

Old 11-27-2012, 08:47 AM   #1
the machine

Member #67421

My Corvette(s)
1966 Big Block Vert, 2008 Z06, 1969 435 , 1959 vert. Non vette ...2011 CTS-V wgn, 2014 silverado

It's snowing here in NJ.

So it is snowing here in NJ today. I always love the first snowfall of the year, as long as the trees have shed their leaves. We are expected to get 4 inches, so no big deal.
Things are pretty much back to normal here with the exception of my computer which lost the hard drive in the storm. Thousands of hours of programs gone, but lots were backed up and retreived. I don't know why they were not all retreived since I have an automatic back up system, but for some reason it didn't back up those programs for a while.
I look at my buddies down the shore and my heat treater in Newark and I am ashamed to say that I suffered at all. The Jersey shore will never be like it was before...maybe that is a good thing, and it will be more huricane proof as a result, but the hardship that many are suffering is sad to see. I am glad that I do not like the shore as much as lakes and so had a place at a lake that had no damage instead of a place at the shore, that might have been gone.
My heat treater is another story. He was in his building on Monday the day of the storm, waiting for a customer that had called to say he wanted to get his parts out of there. As he waited in his building, which is a full city block long, he heard a sound like trickling water. He walked towards his three big roll up doors to see what the noise was. As he got about 50 feet away from those doors they sudenly let go and a wave of water rushed in and knocked him down. When he finaly got to his feet his entire building was full of water up to his waist. His single story building only has a small attic space, and that is where he spent the entire storm, soaking wet with no heat, blankets, or any way of knowing what was ging on outside. He made it through, none the worse for wear only to find his entire business in shambles. His new truck outside was gone, found a mile away in a pile of cars. When I went to see him a few days after the storm there was an army of workers pulling ever transformer, motor and switch in the place. I saw him yesterday and the offices have been redone, with new sheetrock on the walls and new computers all around. Outside there are skids and skids of ruined computers, books, manuals, papers and all sorts of other supplies. But he is back to work in a slightly limited capacity but his capacity is growing everyday. I look at his resiliency and it serves as an inspiration to me....it shows me that no matter how bad things get as long as you survive, you can rebuild. And maybe come out even stronger than before.
the machine is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Welcome to the Machine....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (12 CHARACTERS MAXIMUM), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.