1996 LT4 I'm selling it...I think - Page 2 - Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums

Go Back   Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums > C4 Corvette Forums > C4 Corvette
Register Forums Garage Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Notices

C4 Corvette General | Technical | Performance | Aftermarket | Discussions

Other sections:
Corvettes Classifieds
Corvette Detailing & Car Care
Corvette Audio/Video/Radar
General Automotive/Shop/Tools
Corvette Performance Driving/Racing

Shops/Tuners
Custom Image Corvettes
A&A Corvette
Corvette tuner

Interior
Corvette aftermarket products

Insurance

Parts & Products
Race Ramps
Edelbrock
ATI/Procharger
Corvetteguys.com
Melrose Motorsports
Parts Taxi
Airaid
Mid America Motorworks
Pfadt Racing
Madvette Motorsports
Hi-tech Custom Concepts
Corvette aftermarket products
Corvette Garage
Corvette Parts and Accessories
Corvette Car Care Products
Corvette HID
Mid America Motoroworks

Tracks/Schools
Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving
Corvette driving school

Wheels/Tires
Cray Wheels

Services
BADWERKS.com

Old 06-13-2012, 04:12 PM   #16
LT4 Guy
DC Crew

Member #117731

My Corvette(s)
1996 LT-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcatlock View Post
Well how much are you asking and what are the details ( milage etc. ) I am always up for a road trip and a new project if the price is right.
I will get you the details with my add I have listed.
LT4 Guy is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-13-2012, 04:31 PM   #17
Jake_Dragon
DC Crew

Member #85970

No new Mopar has the looks to make me sell my Vette and no old Mopar has the handling to make me sell my Vette. So as much as I would like to get back into a classic Mopar I will keep rocking the vette.
Good luck with your trade.
Jake_Dragon is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
1984 C4 Corvette
1986 GT Fiero
Old 06-13-2012, 05:11 PM   #18
LT4 Guy
DC Crew

Member #117731

My Corvette(s)
1996 LT-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake_Dragon View Post
No new Mopar has the looks to make me sell my Vette and no old Mopar has the handling to make me sell my Vette. So as much as I would like to get back into a classic Mopar I will keep rocking the vette.
Good luck with your trade.
Thanks, the trade fell through on the Duster but I have a few other trade offers in the talking stage and a few calling about it.

I have even looked at classic mustangs I had a 66 and always wanted a 65 or 64 1/2.
Old 06-13-2012, 06:20 PM   #19
Jake_Dragon
DC Crew

Member #85970

I cant believe how much the old Mopar prices have gone up. I would love to find an old 72 Cuda that will never be number matching that I can just go crazy on and upgrade the suspension and put a new drive train in but leave the outside looking stock.

**except the wheels and big ass brakes

Good luck in your quest, hope you find one
1984 C4 Corvette
1986 GT Fiero
Old 06-13-2012, 06:39 PM   #20
wildcatlock
DC Crew

Member #117437

My Corvette(s)
86e w/91 facias soon to be GS replica and now a 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT4 Guy View Post
Thanks, the trade fell through on the Duster but I have a few other trade offers in the talking stage and a few calling about it.

I have even looked at classic mustangs I had a 66 and always wanted a 65 or 64 1/2.
Had a chance to buy a 65 Shelby 'stang when I was 16. Needed work in a major way but was all there and original and low mile. IIRC he wanted 2k, but that was back in about 85-86 in so. cal. and early stangs were everywhere cheap. If only I knew then what I know now.............
wildcatlock is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-13-2012, 08:23 PM   #21
LT4 Guy
DC Crew

Member #117731

My Corvette(s)
1996 LT-4

Quote:
I cant believe how much the old Mopar prices have gone up. I would love to find an old 72 Cuda that will never be number matching that I can just go crazy on and upgrade the suspension and put a new drive train in but leave the outside looking stock.

**except the wheels and big ass brakes

Good luck in your quest, hope you find one
Funny thing on the Barracuda/Cuda from 72 to 74 they are going just as high now as the 70 and 71s and the Challengers are the same way. Its all due to the big block cars being bought up and leaving the other years following in line now.

If you find one that needs a lot of work and I've looked at a lot of them that I would say are parts cars to me are going for 6000-10000 bucks right now.

Also the company AMD is now making a lot if not all the sheet metal for these cars so that is helping in keeping prices up.

It used to be if you wanted to restore something and not have to find all the parts at flea markets you had to buy a FORD or GM car because most if not all of the parts are reproduced for most models.

If you are in it for an investment MOPARs have always been the way to go.

I like clone cars because I dont have to worry about what I do to it weather its correct or not and if it will hurt the value.

Go look at clone cars in MOPARs and then look at original cars they are so close in prices now its crazy.
Old 06-14-2012, 05:36 AM   #22
raidmagic
DC Crew

Member #1067

My Corvette(s)
Rare 1987 bright red

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcatlock View Post
Had a chance to buy a 65 Shelby 'stang when I was 16. Needed work in a major way but was all there and original and low mile. IIRC he wanted 2k, but that was back in about 85-86 in so. cal. and early stangs were everywhere cheap. If only I knew then what I know now.............
You can still get early cars cheap. Around here you can get a nice one for 5 to 8 grand.
raidmagic is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Sampson 9/22/97-1/1/05

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read

Florida muscle car enthusiast click here
Old 06-14-2012, 03:25 PM   #23
Jake_Dragon
DC Crew

Member #85970

Inspiration or Cheerleaders

http://thethrottle.thechive.com/2011...uda-17-photos/
1984 C4 Corvette
1986 GT Fiero
Old 06-14-2012, 04:38 PM   #24
LT4 Guy
DC Crew

Member #117731

My Corvette(s)
1996 LT-4

Quote:
I got side tracked had to look a few times......Still looking and see no car at all lol.

That Hemi Cuda is a one of one it was fetured in I think MOPAR muscle a few years ago (10 years I think) and it if I remember corectly was an ordered car.

I love the 71 Cudas, the grill and the fenders are different and now are bringing heavy prices.

I watched a parts car sell for around 10 thousand so someone could make a clone car.

I love Cudas and Barracudas and all E body cars they are bringing high dollar right now.

If you want a car and have a dollar amount you're willing to spend let me know I will find it. I do that part time and thinking more and more of doing it as a job.
Old 06-14-2012, 05:25 PM   #25
Jake_Dragon
DC Crew

Member #85970

Just dreaming about the one that got away.

Between my Vette and my Fiero I don't have any money left.
No where to park either
1984 C4 Corvette
1986 GT Fiero
Old 06-15-2012, 01:08 AM   #26
LT4 Guy
DC Crew

Member #117731

My Corvette(s)
1996 LT-4

I just found my dream car and its in pennsylvania.
Old 06-28-2012, 10:29 PM   #27
LT4 Guy
DC Crew

Member #117731

My Corvette(s)
1996 LT-4

Well, I sold my Vette to a collector. He has a 66 327 with 350 horse option car that he said is his baby.

He also has an 84 that he is redoing from the ground up and wanted mine to drive and then fix up later on.

He took it for a driver around my block and came back and laid cash in my hand to hold the car and came back the next day and drove it home.

The rear main seal (engine and trans) had a slow leak and it didnt bother him, the paint didnt bother him it was a perfect car he said.

I tell you I had guys offering me crazy low dollar on this car they all wanted a Vette with no problems and in perfect shape for 3000 and all I could say is they should buy a modle car.

One guy said it would cost ten thousand for a paint job but he wanted a project car but wanted someone else to do the work and I said save up and buy the perfect car.

I don't regret owning the Vette and infact I think once I get a MOPAR again I will save and buy another one but not sure if it will be a C4 or not.

I would like a Sting Ray just to get in and enjoy. First I will try and get back to work (trying for months) and get my health straight and then find a car.

I will still be on the borad as I learned a lot and you guys are the best Vette borad around.
Old 11-29-2012, 05:50 PM   #28
LT4 Guy
DC Crew

Member #117731

My Corvette(s)
1996 LT-4

For some reason I'm just now seeing this post. Sorry I sold the car back in the summer. A guy drove two hours and bought it on the spot.

I had so many guys try to talk me down on the price and kept telling me it wasn't worth it or worth that much. I had one guy looking in some part of the motor for the numbers to tell if it was a real LT4.

I had to show him in the vin# where and then pulled out cash of $2000 and said how about this and I said from or rear part of the car.

I did end up getting what I wanted out of it and the guy who bought is a Vette collector has an original split window vette and wanted something to drive and have fun in.
Old 11-29-2012, 08:23 PM   #29
87vette81big
DC Crew

Member #117927

My Corvette(s)
1987 Corvette Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT4 Guy View Post
For some reason I'm just now seeing this post. Sorry I sold the car back in the summer. A guy drove two hours and bought it on the spot.

I had so many guys try to talk me down on the price and kept telling me it wasn't worth it or worth that much. I had one guy looking in some part of the motor for the numbers to tell if it was a real LT4.

I had to show him in the vin# where and then pulled out cash of $2000 and said how about this and I said from or rear part of the car.

I did end up getting what I wanted out of it and the guy who bought is a Vette collector has an original split window vette and wanted something to drive and have fun in.
What Mopar did You buy after selling your 1996 C4 LT4 ?
A 1968 Charger R/T ?
440 ?
426 ?
4- speed Coarse spline input shaft Hemi Trans ? They sound real cool cruising in 2nd & 3rd gear getting on the gas hard & coasting back down.
Dana 60 rear with 3.73 or 4.10 gears ?

My best bud has a 1969 Super "B". Used the 1969 R/T Factory steel hood. I rebuilt the Dana 60 rear with 4.10's,
Hemi trans.
Saving up for a 572 ci Hemi.
Wants over 1,000 flywheel HP on pump gas normally aspirated.
Cal Trax slide a link style traction bars.
Car freshly painted Midnight Blue.
Perfect paint job.

He also has a 1970 Charger SE with factory hideway headlights, factory A/C, 383 V8 Magnum 4 bbl, 727 Auto, I rebuilt a Dana 60 rear with 3.55 gears also & we removed the 8-3/4" 3.23 no posi rear.
Fun street cruiser & project in the works.
Original paint color is Plum Crazy Purple.
Car from Michigan.
Found in Peoria, IL 2011.
Sat for 32 years dead inside of a building.
$7500 bought it.
Vintage Mopar muscle is expensive.
We brought it back from the dead.
Frame rails & undercarriage MINT.

What ever happened to your Book you were writing ?

BR
87vette81big is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2012, 08:49 PM   #30
LT4 Guy
DC Crew

Member #117731

My Corvette(s)
1996 LT-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87vette81big View Post
What Mopar did You buy after selling your 1996 C4 LT4 ?
A 1968 Charger R/T ?
440 ?
426 ?
4- speed Coarse spline input shaft Hemi Trans ? They sound real cool cruising in 2nd & 3rd gear getting on the gas hard & coasting back down.
Dana 60 rear with 3.73 or 4.10 gears ?

My best bud has a 1969 Super "B". Used the 1969 R/T Factory steel hood. I rebuilt the Dana 60 rear with 4.10's,
Hemi trans.
Saving up for a 572 ci Hemi.
Wants over 1,000 flywheel HP on pump gas normally aspirated.
Cal Trax slide a link style traction bars.
Car freshly painted Midnight Blue.
Perfect paint job.

He also has a 1970 Charger SE with factory hideway headlights, factory A/C, 383 V8 Magnum 4 bbl, 727 Auto, I rebuilt a Dana 60 rear with 3.55 gears also & we removed the 8-3/4" 3.23 no posi rear.
Fun street cruiser & project in the works.
Original paint color is Plum Crazy Purple.
Car from Michigan.
Found in Peoria, IL 2011.
Sat for 32 years dead inside of a building.
$7500 bought it.
Vintage Mopar muscle is expensive.
We brought it back from the dead.
Frame rails & undercarriage MINT.

What ever happened to your Book you were writing ?

BR
That sounds like a great project car and to find one with no rust in frames in a Charger is really hard to do. Got any pics of it?

I have not bought one yet. I took some of my car funds and went back to school. I'm taking a classes for medical coding and billing. The course is a year long and I'm half way through it right now. I'm about two and half months ahead.

I'm also seeing a lot of cars that had 40-50K put into them going for 15-25K so I'm looking and saving my money back up and once I'm done with school and back to work I will buy the right car.

The book I'm collecting ideas for it and I have my first story worked out in my head. Its about the Silver Bullet 67 GTX and how that came about. It will be some truth and a lot of fiction.

I'm going to go 60s, 70s, 80s and maybe mix in some of todays cars to get a good street racing scene and packed full of action stories. I'm going with each one being short stories 10-20 thousand words. I would like to have 10-15 stories.

I just finished my Zombie novel (78 thousand words. 300 pages or over) and I'm reviewing it and then sending it out to my editor.

My romance novel got some great feedback and I was told to go back over it in some places and do some differnt things with it. I will be doing that one next. Its 80 thousand words or right at it so its over 300 pages long.

My car novel with all the short stories should be well over 300 maybe even past 400 pages long.

Its a working title right now of Two Lane Blacktop - Race Wars. The title will change I'm sure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (12 CHARACTERS MAXIMUM), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.