1996 LT4 I'm selling it...I think - Page 3 - Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums

Go Back   Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums > C4 Corvette Forums > C4 Corvette
Register Forums Garage Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Notices

C4 Corvette General | Technical | Performance | Aftermarket | Discussions

Other sections:
Corvettes Classifieds
Corvette Detailing & Car Care
Corvette Audio/Video/Radar
General Automotive/Shop/Tools
Corvette Performance Driving/Racing

Shops/Tuners
Custom Image Corvettes
A&A Corvette
Corvette tuner

Interior
Corvette aftermarket products

Insurance

Parts & Products
Race Ramps
Edelbrock
ATI/Procharger
Corvetteguys.com
Melrose Motorsports
Parts Taxi
Airaid
Mid America Motorworks
Pfadt Racing
Madvette Motorsports
Hi-tech Custom Concepts
Corvette aftermarket products
Corvette Garage
Corvette Parts and Accessories
Corvette Car Care Products
Corvette HID
Mid America Motoroworks

Tracks/Schools
Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving
Corvette driving school

Wheels/Tires
Cray Wheels

Services
BADWERKS.com

Old 11-29-2012, 10:21 PM   #31
87vette81big
DC Crew

Member #117927

My Corvette(s)
1987 Corvette Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT4 Guy View Post
That sounds like a great project car and to find one with no rust in frames in a Charger is really hard to do. Got any pics of it?

I have not bought one yet. I took some of my car funds and went back to school. I'm taking a classes for medical coding and billing. The course is a year long and I'm half way through it right now. I'm about two and half months ahead.

I'm also seeing a lot of cars that had 40-50K put into them going for 15-25K so I'm looking and saving my money back up and once I'm done with school and back to work I will buy the right car.

The book I'm collecting ideas for it and I have my first story worked out in my head. Its about the Silver Bullet 67 GTX and how that came about. It will be some truth and a lot of fiction.

I'm going to go 60s, 70s, 80s and maybe mix in some of todays cars to get a good street racing scene and packed full of action stories. I'm going with each one being short stories 10-20 thousand words. I would like to have 10-15 stories.

I just finished my Zombie novel (78 thousand words. 300 pages or over) and I'm reviewing it and then sending it out to my editor.

My romance novel got some great feedback and I was told to go back over it in some places and do some differnt things with it. I will be doing that one next. Its 80 thousand words or right at it so its over 300 pages long.

My car novel with all the short stories should be well over 300 maybe even past 400 pages long.

Its a working title right now of Two Lane Blacktop - Race Wars. The title will change I'm sure.
No handy pictures to post of Mopar Bob's 1970 Charger SE.
My old laptop died, lots of car pics were on the hard drive.
Wife is an IT person & waiting for her to recover my files & pictures.
The Charger needs partial rear quarters.
Doors have been replaced with rust free from South Carolina.
Front clip has been professionally redone, dents removed, smoothed over, sanded to perfection, & shot with PPG LF-90 black primer.
Bob ran out of funds for this year to keep going.
Costed $2K to fix the front clip............But it looks great.
Smoother than a brand new 2012 C6 paint from Bowling Green.
I have a love for vintage Mopar Muscle too.
They are ill handling tire burning machines.
But man with over 500 ft/lbs of torque on tap & hookup....

Finish school.
It will be worth it.

The Silver Bullet.
1 of my favorite all time street racing legend muscle cars....
Tom Hoover & his outlaw gang of engineers with 110 motor octane racing gasoline in their blood.

While I was still on CFC4, I had a chance to chat with M7.
Mick Stevens.
The Silver Bullet was his machine for a time too.
Bad Ass Fast.
Even today.
Put a New C6 ZR1 against the Silver Bullet.
Meet at "DUKES DRIVE IN" in Chi town.
Pay the cops off.
Throw my $100 on the Silver Bullet to WIN.

87vette81big is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2012, 10:52 PM   #32
87vette81big
DC Crew

Member #117927

My Corvette(s)

Quote:
That sounds like a great project car and to find one with no rust in frames in a Charger is really hard to do. Got any pics of it?

I have not bought one yet. I took some of my car funds and went back to school. I'm taking a classes for medical coding and billing. The course is a year long and I'm half way through it right now. I'm about two and half months ahead.

I'm also seeing a lot of cars that had 40-50K put into them going for 15-25K so I'm looking and saving my money back up and once I'm done with school and back to work I will buy the right car.

The book I'm collecting ideas for it and I have my first story worked out in my head. Its about the Silver Bullet 67 GTX and how that came about. It will be some truth and a lot of fiction.

I'm going to go 60s, 70s, 80s and maybe mix in some of todays cars to get a good street racing scene and packed full of action stories. I'm going with each one being short stories 10-20 thousand words. I would like to have 10-15 stories.

I just finished my Zombie novel (78 thousand words. 300 pages or over) and I'm reviewing it and then sending it out to my editor.

My romance novel got some great feedback and I was told to go back over it in some places and do some differnt things with it. I will be doing that one next. Its 80 thousand words or right at it so its over 300 pages long.

My car novel with all the short stories should be well over 300 maybe even past 400 pages long.

Its a working title right now of Two Lane Blacktop - Race Wars. The title will change I'm sure.
Two Lane Blacktop....
It might be a good topic to concentrate a chapter or more in 1 of your books.
I recently purchased a 1957 Olds/ Pontiac rear from a guy in Bloomington, IL.
Removed from a 1955 Chevy 210 Bel Air ex drag car.
Olds rear end was in there since 1964.
55 Chevy raced at old Decatur, Il 1/4 mile track.
Current owner restoring the car to meet his own needs.
Still straight axle GASSER style Tri- Chevy.
This guy was so passionate about his Ex Drag car.
Showed me old photographs dating back to 1964.
Really Kool.
Spent 4 hours with him on a 10 minute purchase.
The stories he shared too. Passed down through him.

Write your books.
I will read them, purchase a copy(s).

BR
Old 11-29-2012, 11:20 PM   #33
LT4 Guy
DC Crew

Member #117731

My Corvette(s)
1996 LT-4

Thanks and I can't wait to dive into this project. I just have the other two finished as far as my word count goes. I will get those two out the first part of next year.

The car book is going to be really fun and just a lot of action with a good story behind each one.

The Silver bullet was really a factory test bed car that I think was originally sold for a $1.00 and the gas station slash speed shop was a front for Chrysler to test out parts and sell them to the public and beat just about if not everything on the road.

I love to sit down and listen to the stories from back in the day and I wish I could find more guys to talk to about them. I found some on the Mopar boards that tell me of some of their stories.

I had a thought of taking my original stories and then after each story having someone let me write their real world story. I would put their name in it and give them credit but not sure anyone would go for that.

Doing self-print and slelf-publishing is tough and not a lot of money to be made unless it gets picked up by a big publisher. eBooks do sell and most of the time with those they are making a little on each book. Its hard to do that in print on your own.

I love print and I'm starting to like eBooks.
LT4 Guy is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-30-2012, 09:32 PM   #34
87vette81big
DC Crew

Member #117927

My Corvette(s)

Quote:
Thanks and I can't wait to dive into this project. I just have the other two finished as far as my word count goes. I will get those two out the first part of next year.

The car book is going to be really fun and just a lot of action with a good story behind each one.

The Silver bullet was really a factory test bed car that I think was originally sold for a $1.00 and the gas station slash speed shop was a front for Chrysler to test out parts and sell them to the public and beat just about if not everything on the road.

I love to sit down and listen to the stories from back in the day and I wish I could find more guys to talk to about them. I found some on the Mopar boards that tell me of some of their stories.

I had a thought of taking my original stories and then after each story having someone let me write their real world story. I would put their name in it and give them credit but not sure anyone would go for that.

Doing self-print and slelf-publishing is tough and not a lot of money to be made unless it gets picked up by a big publisher. eBooks do sell and most of the time with those they are making a little on each book. Its hard to do that in print on your own.

I love print and I'm starting to like eBooks.
The Mother in Law is an Author, book writer, Kathleen Kirkwood.
A past discussion, not many get rich writing books these days. As You state too.
Ebooks are popular today.
My late bud Bill was a colorful hotrod character & mechanic from 1950's to 2007.
On his deathbed, his own doctor asked me for the rights to tell his life stories & experiences, he would write the book, & split the profits in 1/2 with me. Said we would make Millions each.......
Smoked my cigarette & drank my beer.
I watched this doctor blab away about getting rich off of my own memory accounts of Bill's life & stories I memorized for last 20 some years.
"Na.......... & Fick You 2".
Price tag on a best Bud's life.
Can not be done.
He made me who I am today.

That day on, I don't work on Mercede Benz's & Deloriens for No doctor anywhere no more.
Panzy cars anyhow.

A Corvette is much better running flat out at Buck - Fifty Plus

BR
Old 11-30-2012, 09:46 PM   #35
LT4 Guy
DC Crew

Member #117731

My Corvette(s)
1996 LT-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87vette81big View Post
The Mother in Law is an Author, book writer, Kathleen Kirkwood.
A past discussion, not many get rich writing books these days. As You state too.
Ebooks are popular today.
My late bud Bill was a colorful hotrod character & mechanic from 1950's to 2007.
On his deathbed, his own doctor asked me for the rights to tell his life stories & experiences, he would write the book, & split the profits in 1/2 with me. Said we would make Millions each.......
Smoked my cigarette & drank my beer.
I watched this doctor blab away about getting rich off of my own memory accounts of Bill's life & stories I memorized for last 20 some years.
"Na.......... & Fick You 2".
Price tag on a best Bud's life.
Can not be done.
He made me who I am today.

That day on, I don't work on Mercede Benz's & Deloriens for No doctor anywhere no more.
Panzy cars anyhow.

A Corvette is much better running flat out at Buck - Fifty Plus

BR
Thats really cool I will have to look up your mother inlaw. Thats also really cool you had a friend like that in your life and got to know somone.

My generation and generations behind me sometimes dont take the time to get to know others and just listen to what they have to say.

I used to work in the mall and every morning I would go into work and open the store I would get my breakfest and set around with these older guys all ex-Military. The one guy was a POW in WWII not in a German POW camp a Japen POW. I listend to these guys for hours and one day I bought them all a round of coffiee and told them thank you for their service.

They had no clue I had been sitting there for the last year or two listening to them. I did go on and become part of their circle and I missed it after I left the job.

Yeah in the market today it seems eBooks is where it is at and that is where you get a little bit more of the profit. You also get a lot of writers who just throw things together and put it out there with out any real thought. It is starting to get a bad name but its the future of writing.
Old 11-30-2012, 10:02 PM   #36
87vette81big
DC Crew

Member #117927

My Corvette(s)

Quote:
Thats really cool I will have to look up your mother inlaw. Thats also really cool you had a friend like that in your life and got to know somone.

My generation and generations behind me sometimes dont take the time to get to know others and just listen to what they have to say.

I used to work in the mall and every morning I would go into work and open the store I would get my breakfest and set around with these older guys all ex-Military. The one guy was a POW in WWII not in a German POW camp a Japen POW. I listend to these guys for hours and one day I bought them all a round of coffiee and told them thank you for their service.

They had no clue I had been sitting there for the last year or two listening to them. I did go on and become part of their circle and I missed it after I left the job.

Yeah in the market today it seems eBooks is where it is at and that is where you get a little bit more of the profit. You also get a lot of writers who just throw things together and put it out there with out any real thought. It is starting to get a bad name but its the future of writing.
Kathleen K. is mother in laws writers name.

She has been writing ebook format.
Had big name publishers in the past on her side.
Those days are past tense.
Several Romance Novels written by her & other publications.

Old timers are the best to spend time with.
They will teach you if you take the time to listen carefully.
& wisdom to pass on to You.

Don't get pressured to write something you do not have your heart into.

BR
Old 11-30-2012, 10:48 PM   #37
LT4 Guy
DC Crew

Member #117731

My Corvette(s)
1996 LT-4

Quote:
Kathleen K. is mother in laws writers name.

She has been writing ebook format.
Had big name publishers in the past on her side.
Those days are past tense.
Several Romance Novels written by her & other publications.

Old timers are the best to spend time with.
They will teach you if you take the time to listen carefully.
& wisdom to pass on to You.

Don't get pressured to write something you do not have your heart into.

BR
I agree I have always listend and learned a lot sometimes the hard way with an I told you so lol.

Yeah my writing when I set down to write I just write and I never have an outline of how or what I want the story to be. I see where my mind takes me as I'm writing and the funny thing is when I'm done with it and I go back over it, its as if I'm reading it for the first time.

The romance novel I started writing and it was mostly about a girl I was seeing and it started off from there. I did 45 thousand words in 2 and 1/2 hours of writing.

I have other stories in the works just if I'm thinking of something I write it down. The one is called Vamp-Pital and I started writing that one in the waiting room of the hospital waiting to get blood drawn lol.

I do a lot of end of the world, horror, zombie and writing about cars. I always get into it and enjoy writing and hope to someday having something out there.

If I wrote just one thing that stood the test of time I would be happy.
Old 11-30-2012, 11:22 PM   #38
87vette81big
DC Crew

Member #117927

My Corvette(s)

Quote:
I agree I have always listend and learned a lot sometimes the hard way with an I told you so lol.

Yeah my writing when I set down to write I just write and I never have an outline of how or what I want the story to be. I see where my mind takes me as I'm writing and the funny thing is when I'm done with it and I go back over it, its as if I'm reading it for the first time.

The romance novel I started writing and it was mostly about a girl I was seeing and it started off from there. I did 45 thousand words in 2 and 1/2 hours of writing.

I have other stories in the works just if I'm thinking of something I write it down. The one is called Vamp-Pital and I started writing that one in the waiting room of the hospital waiting to get blood drawn lol.

I do a lot of end of the world, horror, zombie and writing about cars. I always get into it and enjoy writing and hope to someday having something out there.

If I wrote just one thing that stood the test of time I would be happy.
Perhaps You already have done so.
Might be helpful working with another writer that you trust.
Let them read your literary work(s).

You are going to miss your 1996 LT4 C4 by the way.
If you get the itch for C4's once more, try test driving a C4 Roadster with the top down driving day & night for 200 or 400 miles or more alone.
I do alot of quiet thinking to myself on joy rides in my 87 A4 vert.
Everything is clear in my mind afterwards.

Old 11-30-2012, 11:36 PM   #39
LT4 Guy
DC Crew

Member #117731

My Corvette(s)
1996 LT-4

Quote:
Perhaps You already have done so.
Might be helpful working with another writer that you trust.
Let them read your literary work(s).

You are going to miss your 1996 LT4 C4 by the way.
If you get the itch for C4's once more, try test driving a C4 Roadster with the top down driving day & night for 200 or 400 miles or more alone.
I do alot of quiet thinking to myself on joy rides in my 87 A4 vert.
Everything is clear in my mind afterwards.

Yeah I kind of do miss the Vette. My problem was it was a stick and after I had a stroke a few years ago I'm more weak and that is not coming back so just pulling it in and out of the garage was hard at times.

I am seeing a lot more of them (C4s) on the road as of late. I may own another one someday.

Yeah I would love to drive for hours on a long trip and enjoy the night like that.

Oh I forgot to add I do have a writer friend who is published on his own and with a major publisher and he reads over my stuff and bounces ideas off me and makes me look at my work.

I also have a really good editor all of her work gets good reviews and no bad feed back on errors and grammer.
Old 11-30-2012, 11:45 PM   #40
87vette81big
DC Crew

Member #117927

My Corvette(s)

Quote:
Yeah I kind of do miss the Vette. My problem was it was a stick and after I had a stroke a few years ago I'm more weak and that is not coming back so just pulling it in and out of the garage was hard at times.

I am seeing a lot more of them (C4s) on the road as of late. I may own another one someday.

Yeah I would love to drive for hours on a long trip and enjoy the night like that.
When you get your next C4, make sure its an A4 automatic then.
performance wise, you are not missing out much over a M6 or Doug Nash 4+3. Driven stick C4's when I was younger too. Stick is superior when road racing or trying to run 90 + constant through mountain roads down hill.

I will build you a killer 700R4 or 4L60E if you need it then.
Shift positive always & outrun shifting a M6 anyone other than Ronny Sox if he was still around today.

Still have not blown up my Dana 36. Day is coming though...
Straight axle 57 Pontiac Posi Rear & 4- link project to complete soon then.

Invite to you on my friend's list.
You are not going anywhere anytime soon anyhow.

Brian
Old 11-30-2012, 11:52 PM   #41
LT4 Guy
DC Crew

Member #117731

My Corvette(s)
1996 LT-4

Quote:
When you get your next C4, make sure its an A4 automatic then.
performance wise, you are not missing out much over a M6 or Doug Nash 4+3. Driven stick C4's when I was younger too. Stick is superior when road racing or trying to run 90 + constant through mountain roads down hill.

I will build you a killer 700R4 or 4L60E if you need it then.
Shift positive always & outrun shifting a M6 anyone other than Ronny Sox if he was still around today.

Still have not blown up my Dana 36. Day is coming though...
Straight axle 57 Pontiac Posi Rear & 4- link project to complete soon then.

Invite to you on my friend's list.
You are not going anywhere anytime soon anyhow.

Brian
I have thought about the LT1 and LT4 motor for like a street rod project maybe. I did find a 1956 chevy two door post car for 1600 that needs work.

The LT4 car was a stronge car and I could tell it would do more then I was willing to push it lol.

I did hit my knee on the dash one day and I do not miss that about it.
Old 12-01-2012, 12:01 AM   #42
87vette81big
DC Crew

Member #117927

My Corvette(s)

Quote:
I have thought about the LT1 and LT4 motor for like a street rod project maybe. I did find a 1956 chevy two door post car for 1600 that needs work.

The LT4 car was a stronge car and I could tell it would do more then I was willing to push it lol.

I did hit my knee on the dash one day and I do not miss that about it.
A 1990 ZR1 is on my list to own before I kick the bucket.
Red & Red.
Thousands made but thats OK.
I will mod the engine as I see fit.
Maybe a Turbo 400 with a Gear Vendors Overdrive unit.

Tri Chevy's are neat.
helped put a friend's 57 together a few years back. 427 BBC with square port heads. Muncie 21 close ratio. 4.10 gears. Decent runner.
His old 87 C4 A4 coupe was faster & my 87 vert.

Goodnight.
Old 12-01-2012, 12:44 PM   #43
LT4 Guy
DC Crew

Member #117731

My Corvette(s)
1996 LT-4

Quote:
A 1990 ZR1 is on my list to own before I kick the bucket.
Red & Red.
Thousands made but thats OK.
I will mod the engine as I see fit.
Maybe a Turbo 400 with a Gear Vendors Overdrive unit.

Tri Chevy's are neat.
helped put a friend's 57 together a few years back. 427 BBC with square port heads. Muncie 21 close ratio. 4.10 gears. Decent runner.
His old 87 C4 A4 coupe was faster & my 87 vert.

Goodnight.
Yeah I like the 55-57s and I had a 55 four door that was all original and I couldnt bring myself to cut it and change it. It was a time machine on the inside and only needing rust repair up over the front fenders at the headlights. I sold it to a friend who dropped a 350 in and is driving it around and enjoying it.

I wouldnt mind to find a wagoon of some kind been looking at some Mopar ones and I know where there is a Ray Barton race Hemi that needs put together for 6K.
Old 12-03-2012, 05:53 AM   #44
87vette81big
DC Crew

Member #117927

My Corvette(s)

Quote:
Yeah I like the 55-57s and I had a 55 four door that was all original and I couldnt bring myself to cut it and change it. It was a time machine on the inside and only needing rust repair up over the front fenders at the headlights. I sold it to a friend who dropped a 350 in and is driving it around and enjoying it.

I wouldnt mind to find a wagoon of some kind been looking at some Mopar ones and I know where there is a Ray Barton race Hemi that needs put together for 6K.
Vintage Mopar Musclecars with Hemi 426 ci + Race engines do one thing best. Go fast in a straight line & win races.
Power comes on super hard at 6,000 RPM's.
Rev to 9K + if you want it to.
Pure Race animal.
Chevrolet built 1 similar but very different engine to match but never won against the real 426 race Hemi engine often enough, the 1967 - 1969 L88 427 BBC.
Good Race Hemi built right will output 800 to 900 HP normally aspirated.
Add a 8-71 to 11-71 supercharger, nitro methane fuel, belt drive injection pump, bug catcher & injectors......
It will win......
Forget about a 4cylinder Honda on steroids...........
Hemi prepped right will leave that Honda 7 second 800 feet behind in few seconds after the starting line.

Old school Mopar waons are hard to find today.
Thousands were used in demolition derbies across the USA over the last 20 years.
They won 99% of the time.
Built like a Sherman tank.
Most Mopar wagons outlawed now from those events, plow through most 1970's lead sleds like a hot knife cutting through butter.
One American car also made that could take out a Mopar station RWD wagon.
A 1972 to 1976 Lincoln Continental Mark IV with a 460 V8 engine stock.
I own a 1973 Lincoln Continental Mark 4 2dr also.
Its a 6,000lb + tank. Weighed it in the past on a CAT certified truck stop scale.
Hauls Azz too for a big tank. I blow past 5.0 Mustangs from stoplights to 120 mph + with it.

BR
Old 12-03-2012, 12:25 PM   #45
LT4 Guy
DC Crew

Member #117731

My Corvette(s)
1996 LT-4

Quote:
Vintage Mopar Musclecars with Hemi 426 ci + Race engines do one thing best. Go fast in a straight line & win races.
Power comes on super hard at 6,000 RPM's.
Rev to 9K + if you want it to.
Pure Race animal.
Chevrolet built 1 similar but very different engine to match but never won against the real 426 race Hemi engine often enough, the 1967 - 1969 L88 427 BBC.
Good Race Hemi built right will output 800 to 900 HP normally aspirated.
Add a 8-71 to 11-71 supercharger, nitro methane fuel, belt drive injection pump, bug catcher & injectors......
It will win......
Forget about a 4cylinder Honda on steroids...........
Hemi prepped right will leave that Honda 7 second 800 feet behind in few seconds after the starting line.

Old school Mopar waons are hard to find today.
Thousands were used in demolition derbies across the USA over the last 20 years.
They won 99% of the time.
Built like a Sherman tank.
Most Mopar wagons outlawed now from those events, plow through most 1970's lead sleds like a hot knife cutting through butter.
One American car also made that could take out a Mopar station RWD wagon.
A 1972 to 1976 Lincoln Continental Mark IV with a 460 V8 engine stock.
I own a 1973 Lincoln Continental Mark 4 2dr also.
Its a 6,000lb + tank. Weighed it in the past on a CAT certified truck stop scale.
Hauls Azz too for a big tank. I blow past 5.0 Mustangs from stoplights to 120 mph + with it.

BR
Thats funny you bring up the derby cars my dad used to tell his one friend who was into Mopars and did the derby asked what car he should use beside a wagon.

My dad told him to find a Fury or Polar it was something about the way the front end was built the late 70s models and the guy was a force in the demos lol.

He also told him what Fords to get and a few other cars if he wanted to win.

Yeah a Hemi is a crazy motor and the 69 1/2 six pack cars was built with racing in mind and would hurt the Hemi most of the time. It was one of the first cars built with not just racing in mind but street racing as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (12 CHARACTERS MAXIMUM), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.