Illegal Alien gets free kidney transplant - Page 2 - Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums

Go Back   Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums > Other Discussions/Topics > News Room
Register Forums Garage Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Notices

News Room This section is for discussing current events.

Shops/Tuners
Custom Image Corvettes
A&A Corvette
Corvette tuner

Interior
Corvette aftermarket products

Insurance

Parts & Products
Race Ramps
Edelbrock
ATI/Procharger
Corvetteguys.com
Melrose Motorsports
Parts Taxi
Airaid
Mid America Motorworks
Pfadt Racing
Madvette Motorsports
Hi-tech Custom Concepts
Corvette aftermarket products
Corvette Garage
Corvette Parts and Accessories
Corvette Car Care Products
Corvette HID
Mid America Motoroworks

Tracks/Schools
Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving
Corvette driving school

Wheels/Tires
Cray Wheels

Services
BADWERKS.com

Old 12-09-2012, 06:34 PM   #16
PNHNDLE96CE

Member #14104

My Corvette(s)
96 LT1 Collector Edition

My question is, what about the person who was here legally did pay their taxes and medical but lost out on this life-saving procedure because of this?
PNHNDLE96CE is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2012, 06:50 PM   #17
92Roadster

Member #36181

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkman2008 View Post
If you have ever studied the Bank of America robbery and shootout in North Hollywood (1997), you'll find out that the second robbery subject (Emil Decebal Mătăsăreanu), was allowed to die in the street where he laid wounded. He had been shot over 20 times in the legs and died do to a loss of blood before the ambulance could arrive 70 minutes later.

Seventy minutes... those cops wanted him dead and they were all on the same page.
....dam, I kept yelling at the TV, take the mother fk'n head shot.....
92Roadster is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2012, 07:50 PM   #18
c6vettedude
DC Crew

Member #120057

Quote:
If you have ever studied the Bank of America robbery and shootout in North Hollywood (1997), you'll find out that the second robbery subject (Emil Decebal Mătăsăreanu), was allowed to die in the street where he laid wounded. He had been shot over 20 times in the legs and died do to a loss of blood before the ambulance could arrive 70 minutes later.

Seventy minutes... those cops wanted him dead and they were all on the same page.
Very true! Though I'm not sure if they knew the robbers identity or their immigration status. I'm pretty sure the cops would've let him die regardless of his status. You are right though, the cops were all definitely on the same page.
c6vettedude is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
2006 Blk C6 vert w/A&A Supercharger kit w/V3 upgrade, Random Tech ceramic-coated LT headers w/hi-flo cats and Corsa Extreme exhaust. New dyno #'s 611rwhp/583tq
Old 12-09-2012, 07:57 PM   #19
87vette81big
DC Crew

Member #117927

My Corvette(s)
1987 Corvette Convertible

Quote:

Mean no offense Junkman,
but its the other way around today...
An illegal citizen on US soil has more rights than naturally born US Citizens from 1920 to present.
I don't care if your a liberal or conservative,
you come 2nd best after the illegal alien in medical need even after committing crimes against the USA & its legal citizens.
87vette81big is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2012, 08:00 PM   #20
87vette81big
DC Crew

Member #117927

My Corvette(s)
1987 Corvette Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92Roadster View Post
....you know what is Ironic about all of this is: I've been making
some payments to the Providence Little Company of Mary
hospital and I was 30 days late with the payment. So I got this
letter in the mail saying there going to turn this over to a
collection agency..()....but in the middle of the letter it
reads; "Please note: uninsured patients may quality for
free or reduced cost medical care
".......

....so they just got billing my insurance company a "shit load"
of money, and I'm paying my share.....Fk'n BS....
Its Rob Peter to pay Paul.
Or rob the working class, rape, plunder, and leave them dead all.....
Lowlifes have a free ride then. You & I paid for it...
87vette81big is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2012, 09:02 AM   #21
the machine

Member #67421

My Corvette(s)
1966 Big Block Vert, 2008 Z06, 1969 435 , 1959 vert. Non vette ...2011 CTS-V wgn, 2014 silverado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncherello View Post
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...,3537821.story

Don't tell Machine but it looks like he's been getting free dialysis for the last 8 years. Illegals don't get social services, right?

I say give all the illegals free medicine and treatment....if you can get here you can have the treatment...... don't worry about the payment, the rich people are going to pay for it.
Well actualy, what I have always said is that illegals cannot get welfare or other services reserved for citizens with a social security card.

I have also said that our medical system is totaly screwed up because anyone can go to an emergency room and get treatment, and that includes dialasys. That also includes illegals, as well as people who do not choose to buy health insurance. But now Obama care will at least force all citizens to buy insurance, so we will not be funding free health care for people who could just as easily pay for it like all of us do.

Now it is up to congress to repeal the law mandating that all emergency rooms treat all commers regardless of ability to pay, since everybody who is a legal citizen will be compelled to buy insurance, so only non-citizens will not have the ability to pay. What do you think the odds of that happening are??

So I take it from your stance Ponch, that you are now happy with Obama care.

By the way....This illegal got the transplant as charity from the hospital...not from any government agency.
the machine is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Welcome to the Machine....
Old 12-10-2012, 09:06 AM   #22
the machine

Member #67421

My Corvette(s)
1966 Big Block Vert, 2008 Z06, 1969 435 , 1959 vert. Non vette ...2011 CTS-V wgn, 2014 silverado

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNHNDLE96CE View Post
My question is, what about the person who was here legally did pay their taxes and medical but lost out on this life-saving procedure because of this?
Well if you read the story....you would have seen that the kidney came from his mother. No one lost out on this life saving procedure due to his getting it.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:32 AM   #23
1963SS
DC Crew

Member #96709

My Corvette(s)
1995 C4

Still......there are many deserving Americans who are hounded endlessly by collection agencies because they've lost their ability to pay for procedures. Some have lost their jobs and others had too much deductible or other reasons. These folks are having their credit ruined because they are being billed way too much so hospitals can do this "charitable" kind of work. Do you really think that an aspirin is worth 10 dollars.

Although I would hate to see anyone suffer needlessly I think the host country has some liability here. We'd be best served if we put the patient in an ambulance, took him back to the "big river", float him across to the other side and pin a paper to his chest saying "Hey Federales, I need a transplant. Please rush me to the nearest MEXICAN hospital". Mexico has got to take some responsibility for the lax enforcement of their territorial boundaries and the welfare of their own citizenry.
1963SS is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message

I can only dream of a world where a chicken can cross the road without having his morals questioned.

Old 12-10-2012, 09:50 AM   #24
the machine

Member #67421

My Corvette(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1963SS View Post
Still......there are many deserving Americans who are hounded endlessly by collection agencies because they've lost their ability to pay for procedures. Some have lost their jobs and others had too much deductible or other reasons. These folks are having their credit ruined because they are being billed way too much so hospitals can do this "charitable" kind of work. Do you really think that an aspirin is worth 10 dollars.

Although I would hate to see anyone suffer needlessly I think the host country has some liability here. We'd be best served if we put the patient in an ambulance, took him back to the "big river", float him across to the other side and pin a paper to his chest saying "Hey Federales, I need a transplant. Please rush me to the nearest MEXICAN hospital". Mexico has got to take some responsibility for the lax enforcement of their territorial boundaries and the welfare of their own citizenry.
Don't you think they send collection agencies after illegals that don't pay their bills. Hospitals don't know who is legal or illegal, they are all treated the same. And many legals simply ignor the collection agencies and never pay a dime.

I completely agree that this adds to our costs. It is exactly the reason an aspirin costs $10. It is also why Obama wants us all to have insurance. If we are all forced to buy insurance then hospitals do not have to charge us more for a huge number of patients that do not pay.

As for not treating illegals, I would be fine with that, but that would require that congress repeal the law that mandates that hospitals treat everyone regardless of ability to pay. It would also require a way to identify a person as an illegal. Fortunatly Obama care makes that easier since the only way one would not have insurance is if one was not a legal citizen.....of course that has not kicked in yet.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:29 AM   #25
Poncherello
Grey Squirrel

Member #5040

My Corvette(s)
Looking

Yes machine, Obama care will take us to the land of milk and honey. Insurance rates will fall, illegals won't be treated, and certainly no one will be over billed.
Poncherello is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 12-10-2012, 11:33 AM   #26
the machine

Member #67421

My Corvette(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncherello View Post
Yes machine, Obama care will take us to the land of milk and honey. Insurance rates will fall, illegals won't be treated, and certainly no one will be over billed.
Well as I said....congress must repeal the law that forces hospitals to treat all commers regardless of ability to pay to keep illegals from getting free health care.
Old 12-10-2012, 12:24 PM   #27
1963SS
DC Crew

Member #96709

My Corvette(s)
1995 C4

I just spoke to my cousin that I put through med school. He still owes me. Anyhow, although he has no specific knowledge of costs he does say that many emergency rooms have closed because they could no longer pass on the high costs of EMTALA. While he was "moonlighting" in the ER, illegals cost full time Docs around a hundred grand a year in unreimbursed expenses. The "quality" Docs, many times, wouldn't work the ER because of the lost revenues.

He said that this is nothing more than an unfunded federal mandate that has driven up the costs of healthcare for all Americans. Since no ID is required many illegals give false names and addresses which makes collections impossible.

Illegals are not immigrants. They are criminals who have broken the law to get here and are flaunting it by staying here and costing you and I real dollars. My parents are immigrants that came here correctly. Dad from France and Mom from Czechoslovakia. They came here and learned our language, assimilated into our society, and were proud to be here. Dad flew an American flag in his yard every day of his life. He may have came here as a Frenchman but he certainly died as an American. USMC (1949-1956)

One of our biggest problems is the fact that immigration offenses are handled administratively and not criminally. The immigration laws are administrative and as such illegal immigrants can be here, be deported and it's not a crime. Make it a crime, build camps for them and if they don't want to go home let Sheriff Joe enjoy their company for awhile. They'll be begging to go home. In other words, in case I wasn't clear enough ............SCREW THEM.
1963SS is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message

I can only dream of a world where a chicken can cross the road without having his morals questioned.

Old 12-10-2012, 12:38 PM   #28
XQIZT
You've been pimped!!

Member #80197

My Corvette(s)
1985 Z51, 1977 custom

1963...you and I agree that there is a problem here with illegal immigration now. There are several solutions and no one wants to deal with it. But we can't just lock them up. Why? Because then instead of paying medical expenses, we're paying them to have 3 squares a day and a warm bed to sleep in, STILL on the taxpayer dime. And that makes coming here even a little more appearing (depending on how shitty their "home" country is). "Hey, I can sneak into the US, get locked up and be provided for. As long as I don't drop the soap, that's not too bad."

WHY are hey coming here? In part, because they know they can get jobs. Remember, they're doing the work that "Americans won't do." Too bad...solve multiple problems at once. HEAVILY penalize ANY business that hires anyone illegal. In conjunction with that, force people off unemployment, etc., and tell them they are going to do those jobs that "Americans won't do." Just be sure they are paid in accordance with the law.

Its a small step, but it may help.
XQIZT is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"Alexa" - 1985 Z51 - In memory of the last Corvette Dad owned.

"Desiree" - 1977 - Wife's car, with an attitude problem

Click here for more info about our cars and autocrossing and other Corvette stuff.
Old 12-10-2012, 01:31 PM   #29
blckslvr79

Member #67576

My Corvette(s)
1979 L82 4speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by XQIZT View Post
1963...you and I agree that there is a problem here with illegal immigration now. There are several solutions and no one wants to deal with it. But we can't just lock them up. Why? Because then instead of paying medical expenses, we're paying them to have 3 squares a day and a warm bed to sleep in, STILL on the taxpayer dime. And that makes coming here even a little more appearing (depending on how shitty their "home" country is). "Hey, I can sneak into the US, get locked up and be provided for. As long as I don't drop the soap, that's not too bad."

WHY are hey coming here? In part, because they know they can get jobs. Remember, they're doing the work that "Americans won't do." Too bad...solve multiple problems at once. HEAVILY penalize ANY business that hires anyone illegal. In conjunction with that, force people off unemployment, etc., and tell them they are going to do those jobs that "Americans won't do." Just be sure they are paid in accordance with the law.

Its a small step, but it may help.
Actually.....Obama HAS fixed one thing.

4 more years and there won't be an illegal immigration issue.
http://news.yahoo.com/illegal-immigr...050224875.html

Why pick up and move your family in search of the American Dream when that dream has been stomped on? Immigration only happens when they are fleeing tyrony and starvation. Can you figure out why they're now fleeing the US?
blckslvr79 is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
I'm taking care of my procrastination issues, just you wait and see.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:44 PM   #30
c6vettedude
DC Crew

Member #120057

Quote:
Originally Posted by blckslvr79 View Post
Actually.....Obama HAS fixed one thing.

4 more years and there won't be an illegal immigration issue.
http://news.yahoo.com/illegal-immigr...050224875.html

Why pick up and move your family in search of the American Dream when that dream has been stomped on? Immigration only happens when they are fleeing tyrony and starvation. Can you figure out why they're now fleeing the US?
Even if BO saved your child from a rapist, somehow you'd find a way to blame him for stopping it.

FYI, Only someone who is asleep, believes in dreams.
c6vettedude is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
2006 Blk C6 vert w/A&A Supercharger kit w/V3 upgrade, Random Tech ceramic-coated LT headers w/hi-flo cats and Corsa Extreme exhaust. New dyno #'s 611rwhp/583tq
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (12 CHARACTERS MAXIMUM), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.