Illegal Alien gets free kidney transplant - Page 4 - Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums
 
 
Go Back   Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums > Other Discussions/Topics > News Room
Register Forums Garage Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Notices

News Room This section is for discussing current events.

Shops/Tuners
Custom Image Corvettes
A&A Corvette
Corvette tuner

Interior
Corvette aftermarket products

Insurance

Parts & Products
Race Ramps
Edelbrock
ATI/Procharger
Corvetteguys.com
Melrose Motorsports
Parts Taxi
Airaid
Mid America Motorworks
Pfadt Racing
Madvette Motorsports
Hi-tech Custom Concepts
Corvette aftermarket products
Corvette Garage
Corvette Parts and Accessories
Corvette Car Care Products
Corvette HID
Mid America Motoroworks

Tracks/Schools
Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving
Corvette driving school

Wheels/Tires
Cray Wheels

Services
BADWERKS.com
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2012, 03:40 PM   #46
the machine
"Clown"
 
the machine's Avatar
 
Posts: 8,557
Member #67421
Member since: Nov 2007
Location: Glen Gardner NJ USA

My Corvette(s)
1966 Big Block Vert, 2008 Z06, 1969 435 , 1959 vert. Non vette ...2011 CTS-V wgn, 2014 silverado

Thanks: 29
Thanked 51 Times in 46 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texdentist View Post
Not exactly true. Some people think everyone should EARN their prosperity. Some people think taking prosperity from those who earn it and giving it to those who don't is the right thing to do. I'm not one of them. I'm all for a solid safety net for those who physically cannot earn a living - which in my book is the elderly and infirm. The rest should be doing SOMETHING to earn money whether it's a job or welfare. Streets full of young, healthy unemployed people drinking, doing drugs and living off the welfare system is bad for those people as well as the rest of society. We need another Work Projects Administration to find something worthwhile for these people. A big majority of them might decide to take some of those jobs they refuse to take now.
You do realize don't you that this would require spending money. This is pretty much what Obama wants to do. Rebuild the country's infrastructure and get people back to work. But I have heard you say that we shouldn't spend anymore....which is it???

Realy Tex, I know you are pissed that Obama won, but you are heading into preacher territory (and we know how that ended). No president can ruin this country even with two terms. If the pubs stop destroying themselves and wake up to some realities they will soon enough regain power. If they all act like you are now, and just sulk and bitch about everything that happens the pubs will simply fade away as the party of grumpy old white men.
the machine is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Welcome to the Machine...... (I'm still a clown) this from Ponch (second time) who is supposed to be a moderator on this site....but of course if you disagree with him this is the sort of thing he does. It is simply amazing that anyone would give a guy who is so obviously childish and spiteful a position of authority.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-11-2012, 03:54 PM   #47
Texdentist
 
Texdentist's Avatar
 
Posts: 19,504
Member #76657
Member since: Oct 2008
Location: Crowley, TX

My Corvette(s)
2013 Coupe, 2009 Coupe - traded, '74 Coupe totalled, '77 Coupe sold

Thanks: 65
Thanked 602 Times in 441 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by the machine View Post
You do realize don't you that this would require spending money. This is pretty much what Obama wants to do. Rebuild the country's infrastructure and get people back to work. But I have heard you say that we shouldn't spend anymore....which is it???

Realy Tex, I know you are pissed that Obama won, but you are heading into preacher territory (and we know how that ended). No president can ruin this country even with two terms. If the pubs stop destroying themselves and wake up to some realities they will soon enough regain power. If they all act like you are now, and just sulk and bitch about everything that happens the pubs will simply fade away as the party of grumpy old white men.
We are already paying them. All I'm saying is we should get something in return. They won't know it, but they will be getting more than pay, they will be getting self-esteem. A work ethic is one of the most important tools in life. Too many Americans either lost or never had a work ethic. Don't get me wrong. I know I'm just fantasizing. This will never happen because in this country, you can coerce working people to give up their hard earned money, but you can't coerce anything of value from anyone else.
Texdentist is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2012, 04:03 PM   #48
the machine
"Clown"
 
the machine's Avatar
 
Posts: 8,557
Member #67421
Member since: Nov 2007
Location: Glen Gardner NJ USA

My Corvette(s)
1966 Big Block Vert, 2008 Z06, 1969 435 , 1959 vert. Non vette ...2011 CTS-V wgn, 2014 silverado

Thanks: 29
Thanked 51 Times in 46 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texdentist View Post
We are already paying them. All I'm saying is we should get something in return. They won't know it, but they will be getting more than pay, they will be getting self-esteem. A work ethic is one of the most important tools in life. Too many Americans either lost or never had a work ethic. Don't get me wrong. I know I'm just fantasizing. This will never happen because in this country, you can coerce working people to give up their hard earned money, but you can't coerce anything of value from anyone else.
Again self delusion. We are not paying everybody who is not working. Unemployment runs out. So does welfare. You think that everyone is just collecting and they don't want to work?? The truth is that there are lots of people who would love to be working, but there are no jobs for them. Most of those people are the over 50 guys who skated along thinking they would just coast along to retirement, and never did anything to improve themselves. The rest of them are the high school graduates who used to be able to get a decent paying job with just a high school education, but those jobs have all been shipped overseas. So they never worked. You cannot collect unemployment if you don't ever work, and as I said there is a life time cap on welfare. The truth is that we are not paying millions of people to not work. They are just not working and that is a huge drag on the economy.
the machine is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Welcome to the Machine...... (I'm still a clown) this from Ponch (second time) who is supposed to be a moderator on this site....but of course if you disagree with him this is the sort of thing he does. It is simply amazing that anyone would give a guy who is so obviously childish and spiteful a position of authority.
Old 12-11-2012, 04:26 PM   #49
Poncherello
Grey Squirrel
 
Poncherello's Avatar
 
Posts: 20,897
Member #5040
Member since: Nov 2003
Location: In transition

My Corvette(s)
Looking

Thanks: 0
Thanked 157 Times in 95 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by the machine View Post
The truth is that there are lots of people who would love to be working, but there are no jobs for them. Most of those people are the over 50 guys who skated along thinking they would just coast along to retirement, and never did anything to improve themselves.
That story sounds good but according to the BLS the unemployment rate of those 45 and older is right around 6% with the rate dropping to 5.8% for those 55 and over. In reality, the highest unemploymnet rates are for those under 25 at right around 18%.

http://bls.gov/web/empsit/cpseea10.htm
Poncherello is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 12-11-2012, 04:36 PM   #50
Texdentist
 
Texdentist's Avatar
 
Posts: 19,504
Member #76657
Member since: Oct 2008
Location: Crowley, TX

My Corvette(s)
2013 Coupe, 2009 Coupe - traded, '74 Coupe totalled, '77 Coupe sold

Thanks: 65
Thanked 602 Times in 441 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by the machine View Post
The truth is that there are lots of people who would love to be working, but there are no jobs for them.
Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzt. Wrong! Even the liberal press writes almost every day about how important it is to allow illegal aliens into the country because of all the work Americans won't do. There is work out there. But apparently much of it is beneath our citizenry. It wasn't always that way. In the past, a man would take whatever he could get until something better came along. Not any more. My ire is aimed much more at the young who have no skills, have no desire to learn skills, and no desire to work at unskilled jobs. This includes young women who get on the baby assembly line at 16 and stay there until they are grandmothers at 32 when they can dip into their daughter's AFDC, WIC, food stamps, etc. etc. This is not a peripheral problem. It permeates the urban underclass, and since Clinton's laudable efforts to stem that tide, the Dems have slowly reversed all of his efforts.
Texdentist is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2012, 05:25 PM   #51
the machine
"Clown"
 
the machine's Avatar
 
Posts: 8,557
Member #67421
Member since: Nov 2007
Location: Glen Gardner NJ USA

My Corvette(s)
1966 Big Block Vert, 2008 Z06, 1969 435 , 1959 vert. Non vette ...2011 CTS-V wgn, 2014 silverado

Thanks: 29
Thanked 51 Times in 46 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texdentist View Post
Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzt. Wrong! Even the liberal press writes almost every day about how important it is to allow illegal aliens into the country because of all the work Americans won't do. There is work out there. But apparently much of it is beneath our citizenry. It wasn't always that way. In the past, a man would take whatever he could get until something better came along. Not any more. My ire is aimed much more at the young who have no skills, have no desire to learn skills, and no desire to work at unskilled jobs. This includes young women who get on the baby assembly line at 16 and stay there until they are grandmothers at 32 when they can dip into their daughter's AFDC, WIC, food stamps, etc. etc. This is not a peripheral problem. It permeates the urban underclass, and since Clinton's laudable efforts to stem that tide, the Dems have slowly reversed all of his efforts.

Tex the young always seem lazier and less willing to do things when looked at through the prism of old age. We all walked 5 miles to and from school in the snow, uphill....both ways. Our youth is no worse than we were in the eyes of our elders. We have just been shipping all those jobs we use to do to get our start. But perhaps you worked your way through college as a migrant worker traveling around the country to pick crops.


Please do some resaerch besides your FNC sources and look at what is realy going on with welfare and all the other freebees you think our youth are taking from you. Until you learn the truth you will be stewing in your own bile because you are being told lies.
the machine is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Welcome to the Machine...... (I'm still a clown) this from Ponch (second time) who is supposed to be a moderator on this site....but of course if you disagree with him this is the sort of thing he does. It is simply amazing that anyone would give a guy who is so obviously childish and spiteful a position of authority.
Old 12-11-2012, 05:30 PM   #52
the machine
"Clown"
 
the machine's Avatar
 
Posts: 8,557
Member #67421
Member since: Nov 2007
Location: Glen Gardner NJ USA

My Corvette(s)
1966 Big Block Vert, 2008 Z06, 1969 435 , 1959 vert. Non vette ...2011 CTS-V wgn, 2014 silverado

Thanks: 29
Thanked 51 Times in 46 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncherello View Post
That story sounds good but according to the BLS the unemployment rate of those 45 and older is right around 6% with the rate dropping to 5.8% for those 55 and over. In reality, the highest unemploymnet rates are for those under 25 at right around 18%.

http://bls.gov/web/empsit/cpseea10.htm
Do you ever think about the numbers you read. Why do you suppose the number of unemployed drops for those 55 years and over. Perhaps it's because they are no longer on the unemployment rolls since they were the hardest hit in the early part of the recession. If you stop looking you are no longer unemployed, and when your unemployment benifits run out you are no longer unemployed.

And while those under 25 have the highest rate of unemployement, those who garduate college have the lowest rate so that leaves high school only youth as the highest rate of unemployment...as I said.
the machine is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Welcome to the Machine...... (I'm still a clown) this from Ponch (second time) who is supposed to be a moderator on this site....but of course if you disagree with him this is the sort of thing he does. It is simply amazing that anyone would give a guy who is so obviously childish and spiteful a position of authority.
Old 12-11-2012, 08:26 PM   #53
Junkman2008
DC Pit Crew Boss
 
Junkman2008's Avatar
 
Posts: 25,529
Member #71977
Member since: Apr 2008
Location: Louisville, KY

My Corvette(s)
2001 Navy Blue Metallic Coupe

Thanks: 173
Thanked 568 Times in 448 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by the machine View Post
Do you ever think about the numbers you read. Why do you suppose the number of unemployed drops for those 55 years and over. Perhaps it's because they are no longer on the unemployment rolls since they were the hardest hit in the early part of the recession. If you stop looking you are no longer unemployed, and when your unemployment benifits run out you are no longer unemployed.
Now that is a good point. The dems say that unemployment is dropping and the pubs say that it is only dropping because people have quit looking for work. I see it as a combination of the two. I think that I am more right than either party.

By the way Ponch, I'm cracking up at your deleted post!
Junkman2008 is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"Marines - Making the other guy die for his country for over 200 years."
Old 12-12-2012, 09:25 AM   #54
Bill Davies
DC Crew
 
Bill Davies's Avatar
 
Posts: 857
Member #118694
Member since: Apr 2012
Location: Colorado Springs, CO

My Corvette(s)
1976

Thanks: 14
Thanked 22 Times in 19 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texdentist View Post
You mean there is a difference?
Bill Davies is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2012, 09:34 AM   #55
Bill Davies
DC Crew
 
Bill Davies's Avatar
 
Posts: 857
Member #118694
Member since: Apr 2012
Location: Colorado Springs, CO

My Corvette(s)
1976

Thanks: 14
Thanked 22 Times in 19 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkman2008 View Post
By the way Ponch, I'm cracking up at your deleted post!
You had to go and say something didn't you? Now I want to know what I missed.
Bill Davies is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2012, 09:42 AM   #56
Texdentist
 
Texdentist's Avatar
 
Posts: 19,504
Member #76657
Member since: Oct 2008
Location: Crowley, TX

My Corvette(s)
2013 Coupe, 2009 Coupe - traded, '74 Coupe totalled, '77 Coupe sold

Thanks: 65
Thanked 602 Times in 441 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by the machine View Post
Tex the young always seem lazier and less willing to do things when looked at through the prism of old age. We all walked 5 miles to and from school in the snow, uphill....both ways. Our youth is no worse than we were in the eyes of our elders. We have just been shipping all those jobs we use to do to get our start. But perhaps you worked your way through college as a migrant worker traveling around the country to pick crops.


Please do some resaerch besides your FNC sources and look at what is realy going on with welfare and all the other freebees you think our youth are taking from you. Until you learn the truth you will be stewing in your own bile because you are being told lies.
Like I've said before, I was a volunteer coordinator of a food and clothing pantry for 13 years. We opened twice a week and gave free food and clothing to roughly 100 people each time we were open. There were no qualifying requirements. If you showed up, you got served. Collecting, sorting and distributing that amount of food and clothing is a very labor intensive project because in 3 or 4 days you have to do it all again. I was glad to donate my time, but I saw up close and personal this group of people I am talking about. The reason I could put this much energy into the program and yet feel that most of these people could do so much better with their lives is that I feel strongly about private charitable efforts. I believe in helping those who need help, but I prefer private efforts, even though I know they can't fully fill the bill. At any rate, believe me, I know what I'm talking about. I saw way too many 4 generation groups of women coming in to stock up on groceries. You would have a couple of teen sisters, each with one or two babies, their mother in her thirties and her mother, around 50 and often the thirty-something would have a sister or two, each with their own daughters and granddaughters. They would come in two cars and haul off a mountain of free groceries. Their entire lives were built around getting all of the government services and free charitable help they could get, and no one ever thought about breaking out of the cycle. In addition there were never any men around. I have talked to volunteers all over the country, and in urban areas this is a common story. I feel bad for these women because they don't know that if they took a different path at 16, put off having babies, and learned some skill when they were young, they could have so much more in life including the satisfaction of earning what they got. I think Clinton's efforts to limit welfare payments in order to nudge people out of this cycle was tremendous. But the Dems have chipped away at it and essentially done away with the time limits that were the incentive to get into the workforce.
Texdentist is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2012, 09:57 AM   #57
Poncherello
Grey Squirrel
 
Poncherello's Avatar
 
Posts: 20,897
Member #5040
Member since: Nov 2003
Location: In transition

My Corvette(s)
Looking

Thanks: 0
Thanked 157 Times in 95 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Davies View Post
You had to go and say something didn't you? Now I want to know what I missed.
I asked Junkman if he would put on a jockey uniform and hold a lantern for my Christmas card this year.
Poncherello is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 12-12-2012, 10:00 AM   #58
Junkman2008
DC Pit Crew Boss
 
Junkman2008's Avatar
 
Posts: 25,529
Member #71977
Member since: Apr 2008
Location: Louisville, KY

My Corvette(s)
2001 Navy Blue Metallic Coupe

Thanks: 173
Thanked 568 Times in 448 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texdentist View Post
Like I've said before, I was a volunteer coordinator of a food and clothing pantry for 13 years. We opened twice a week and gave free food and clothing to roughly 100 people each time we were open. There were no qualifying requirements. If you showed up, you got served. Collecting, sorting and distributing that amount of food and clothing is a very labor intensive project because in 3 or 4 days you have to do it all again. I was glad to donate my time, but I saw up close and personal this group of people I am talking about. The reason I could put this much energy into the program and yet feel that most of these people could do so much better with their lives is that I feel strongly about private charitable efforts. I believe in helping those who need help, but I prefer private efforts, even though I know they can't fully fill the bill. At any rate, believe me, I know what I'm talking about. I saw way too many 4 generation groups of women coming in to stock up on groceries. You would have a couple of teen sisters, each with one or two babies, their mother in her thirties and her mother, around 50 and often the thirty-something would have a sister or two, each with their own daughters and granddaughters. They would come in two cars and haul off a mountain of free groceries. Their entire lives were built around getting all of the government services and free charitable help they could get, and no one ever thought about breaking out of the cycle. In addition there were never any men around. I have talked to volunteers all over the country, and in urban areas this is a common story. I feel bad for these women because they don't know that if they took a different path at 16, put off having babies, and learned some skill when they were young, they could have so much more in life including the satisfaction of earning what they got. I think Clinton's efforts to limit welfare payments in order to nudge people out of this cycle was tremendous. But the Dems have chipped away at it and essentially done away with the time limits that were the incentive to get into the workforce.
I have found that if you push people who can't swim into a lake, they will ALL give swimming one hell of a honest try. As far as I'm concerned, some people just need to be pushed.
Junkman2008 is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"Marines - Making the other guy die for his country for over 200 years."
Old 12-12-2012, 10:00 AM   #59
Junkman2008
DC Pit Crew Boss
 
Junkman2008's Avatar
 
Posts: 25,529
Member #71977
Member since: Apr 2008
Location: Louisville, KY

My Corvette(s)
2001 Navy Blue Metallic Coupe

Thanks: 173
Thanked 568 Times in 448 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncherello View Post
I asked Junkman if he would put on a jockey uniform and hold a lantern for my Christmas card this year.


You bitch!
Junkman2008 is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"Marines - Making the other guy die for his country for over 200 years."
Old 12-12-2012, 10:06 AM   #60
1963SS
DC Crew
 
1963SS's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,416
Member #96709
Member since: Dec 2009
Location: Eastern, KY

My Corvette(s)
1995 C4

Thanks: 57
Thanked 283 Times in 173 Posts
Careful Junkman......next he'll want you to pee in his front yard while wearing that uniform. The only catch is that you can't stop peeing, ever.
1963SS is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It's difficult only for the others.

It's the same when you are stupid

Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (12 CHARACTERS MAXIMUM), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:57 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
2003-2011, DigitalCorvettes.com - All Rights Reserved