Union Reps screw Hostess employees out of pension money - Page 3 - Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums

Go Back   Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums > Other Discussions/Topics > News Room
Register Forums Garage Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Notices

News Room This section is for discussing current events.

Shops/Tuners
Custom Image Corvettes
A&A Corvette
Corvette tuner

Interior
Corvette aftermarket products

Insurance

Parts & Products
Race Ramps
Edelbrock
ATI/Procharger
Corvetteguys.com
Melrose Motorsports
Parts Taxi
Airaid
Mid America Motorworks
Pfadt Racing
Madvette Motorsports
Hi-tech Custom Concepts
Corvette aftermarket products
Corvette Garage
Corvette Parts and Accessories
Corvette Car Care Products
Corvette HID
Mid America Motoroworks

Tracks/Schools
Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving
Corvette driving school

Wheels/Tires
Cray Wheels

Services
BADWERKS.com

Old 12-12-2012, 08:41 PM   #31
c6vettedude
DC Crew

Member #120057

The loan guarentee program that allowed Solyndra to obtain the loan was passed by a Republican Congress and passed by Bush in 2005. On the way out, giving a loan to Solyndra was one of Bush's 3 top priorities, but time had run out on his presidency. Clean energy was one of Bush's top priorities. They would've received the loan regardless.

Like always, the loser "cherry pick" with regards to the govt's ventures. The govt has ALWAYS supported private ventures, and like all ventures, some succeed and some fail. The govt financed oil companies in the early 1900's, they vested heavily in micro-chips in the 60's and, jet turbines in the 40's and 50's, nuclear technology, and Technology,..which also led to the internet.

Per Fred Block's 2010 book "State of Innovation", if you took the top 100 innovations going back to the 70's, 77 out of 88 were partly publicly funded.

In the defense Industry, there isn't one aspect of your life that isn't touched by military technology, to included gps, delineators, medical innovations, the internet and so on. So you can cherry pick the few failures, but the fact is, your govt has improved your life above all others in the world, yet like little ungrateful children, you continue to whine, bitch and moan about this one company.

Perhaps if you stop letting FNC Phuck you in the ears with all of their lies and half-truths...... Oh, who am I kidding.

Fact is, even lower middle class citizens who make 30-35k a year are 1 percenter's on the world scale, and since we are in a global economy, that counts for something. Yes, there are a lot problems, issues and puppets causing all kinds of problems, but that hasn't changed since the government's inception.
c6vettedude is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
2006 Blk C6 vert w/A&A Supercharger kit w/V3 upgrade, Random Tech ceramic-coated LT headers w/hi-flo cats and Corsa Extreme exhaust. New dyno #'s 611rwhp/583tq
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2012, 07:21 AM   #32
blckslvr79

Member #67576

My Corvette(s)
1979 L82 4speed

"It's Bush's Fault!"

blckslvr79 is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
I'm taking care of my procrastination issues, just you wait and see.
Old 12-13-2012, 07:55 AM   #33
Texdentist

Member #76657

My Corvette(s)
2013 Coupe, 2009 Coupe - traded, '74 Coupe totalled, '77 Coupe sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by c6vettedude View Post
The loan guarentee program that allowed Solyndra to obtain the loan was passed by a Republican Congress and passed by Bush in 2005. On the way out, giving a loan to Solyndra was one of Bush's 3 top priorities, but time had run out on his presidency. Clean energy was one of Bush's top priorities. They would've received the loan regardless.

Like always, the loser "cherry pick" with regards to the govt's ventures. The govt has ALWAYS supported private ventures, and like all ventures, some succeed and some fail. The govt financed oil companies in the early 1900's, they vested heavily in micro-chips in the 60's and, jet turbines in the 40's and 50's, nuclear technology, and Technology,..which also led to the internet.

Per Fred Block's 2010 book "State of Innovation", if you took the top 100 innovations going back to the 70's, 77 out of 88 were partly publicly funded.

In the defense Industry, there isn't one aspect of your life that isn't touched by military technology, to included gps, delineators, medical innovations, the internet and so on. So you can cherry pick the few failures, but the fact is, your govt has improved your life above all others in the world, yet like little ungrateful children, you continue to whine, bitch and moan about this one company.

Perhaps if you stop letting FNC Phuck you in the ears with all of their lies and half-truths...... Oh, who am I kidding.

Fact is, even lower middle class citizens who make 30-35k a year are 1 percenter's on the world scale, and since we are in a global economy, that counts for something. Yes, there are a lot problems, issues and puppets causing all kinds of problems, but that hasn't changed since the government's inception.
Half-truth. The loan program (Energy policy act of 2005)was started under Bush and he touted loans to high tech companies. But no loans were finalized under the Bush administration. They were in the process, but time ran out. The Solyndra loan was actually made under the Obama administration as a change to the program that developed from his stimulus bill. So Bush was responsible for a program that set money aside for high tech company loans, but his administration never made the loans. Obama did. And Bush touted the loan program, but not the Solyndra loan specifically.

"The Energy Department's loan guarantee program was created as part of the Energy Policy Act of 2005, passed by a Republican-controlled Congress and signed by Bush.

In his signing speech, Bush lauded the bill's support for clean technology, though he didn't specifically mention the loan guarantees.

The loan guarantees were designed to "support innovative clean energy technologies that are typically unable to obtain conventional private financing due to high technology risks."
Republicans, including Bush, emphasized the program's benefits for nuclear energy and biofuels. The president touted the new energy law in his2007 State of the Union address. His energy secretary, Samuel Bodman, regularly mentioned the loan guarantees in speeches on renewable energy. The Energy Department issued its final rules for the program in 2007, along with a list of 16 companies that made the cut for to apply for its first round of awards, and Solyndra was among them.

House Republicans investigating Solyndra have claimed that the Bush administration ultimately rejected the Solyndra loan, but that's not quite the case.Democrats on the House Energy and Commerce Committee and newsmedia point out that Bush energy officials wanted to get the loan closed on their way out the door it was listed as the first of their "three highest priorities through January 15." (Obama took office Jan. 20, 2009.) But the Energy Department's credit committee held things up for more analysis.

"The number of issues unresolved makes a recommendation for approval premature at this time. Therefore, the committee, without prejudice, remands the project to the LGPO [Loan Guarantee Program Office] for further development of information," the committee said.

It noted Solyndra's project "appears to have merit." But the clock had run out.

That didn't keep Bush from touting the loan guarantee program on his way out of office. On Jan. 6, 2009, in remarks on conservation and the environment from the Eisenhower Executive Office Building, he said, "We dedicated more than $18 billion to developing clean and efficient technologies like biofuels, advanced batteries and hydrogen fuel cells, solar and wind power, and clean, safe nuclear power. We're providing more than $40 billion in loan guarantees to put these technologies to use."

Ultimately, the Bush administration program didn't finalize a single loan guarantee."

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...david-plouffe/
Texdentist is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2012, 09:40 AM   #34
Poncherello
Grey Squirrel

Member #5040

My Corvette(s)
Looking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texdentist View Post
Half-truth. The loan program (Energy policy act of 2005)was started under Bush and he touted loans to high tech companies. But no loans were finalized under the Bush administration. They were in the process, but time ran out. The Solyndra loan was actually made under the Obama administration as a change to the program that developed from his stimulus bill. So Bush was responsible for a program that set money aside for high tech company loans, but his administration never made the loans. Obama did. And Bush touted the loan program, but not the Solyndra loan specifically.
So are you saying he should stop letting his liberal biases and CNBC phuck his ears into believing the garbage he spews?
Poncherello is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 12-13-2012, 10:28 AM   #35
blckslvr79

Member #67576

My Corvette(s)
1979 L82 4speed

Phuck! That's funny!
Old 12-13-2012, 10:55 AM   #36
Texdentist

Member #76657

My Corvette(s)
2013 Coupe, 2009 Coupe - traded, '74 Coupe totalled, '77 Coupe sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncherello View Post
So are you saying he should stop letting his liberal biases and CNBC phuck his ears into believing the garbage he spews?
Something like that. I want to be fair. The Bush administration did start this ball rolling. But it was the Obama administration that pushed it in spite of reservations by the board reviewing the loan requests. And it's no coincidence that the loan request was being herded by one of Obama's top bundlers. Libs can try deflection on this one, but reality bites.
Texdentist is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2012, 08:27 PM   #37
c6vettedude
DC Crew

Member #120057

Quote:

"The Energy Department's loan guarantee program was created as part of the Energy Policy Act of 2005, passed by a Republican-controlled Congress and signed by Bush.

In his signing speech, Bush lauded the bill's support for clean technology, though he didn't specifically mention the loan guarantees.

The loan guarantees were designed to "support innovative clean energy technologies that are typically unable to obtain conventional private financing due to high technology risks."
Republicans, including Bush, emphasized the program's benefits for nuclear energy and biofuels. The president touted the new energy law in his2007 State of the Union address. His energy secretary, Samuel Bodman, regularly mentioned the loan guarantees in speeches on renewable energy. The Energy Department issued its final rules for the program in 2007, along with a list of 16 companies that made the cut for to apply for its first round of awards, and Solyndra was among them.

House Republicans investigating Solyndra have claimed that the Bush administration ultimately rejected the Solyndra loan, but that's not quite the case.Democrats on the House Energy and Commerce Committee and newsmedia point out that Bush energy officials wanted to get the loan closed on their way out the door it was listed as the first of their "three highest priorities through January 15." (Obama took office Jan. 20, 2009.) But the Energy Department's credit committee held things up for more analysis.

"The number of issues unresolved makes a recommendation for approval premature at this time. Therefore, the committee, without prejudice, remands the project to the LGPO [Loan Guarantee Program Office] for further development of information," the committee said.

It noted Solyndra's project "appears to have merit." But the clock had run out.

That didn't keep Bush from touting the loan guarantee program on his way out of office. On Jan. 6, 2009, in remarks on conservation and the environment from the Eisenhower Executive Office Building, he said, "We dedicated more than $18 billion to developing clean and efficient technologies like biofuels, advanced batteries and hydrogen fuel cells, solar and wind power, and clean, safe nuclear power. We're providing more than $40 billion in loan guarantees to put these technologies to use."

Ultimately, the Bush administration program didn't finalize a single loan guarantee."

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...david-plouffe/
You said exactly the point that I was making, in that Bush started the program, but time ran out. My other point was that Solyndra WAS a top priority and they were eventually going to get a loan.

The House Pubs investigating themselves lol,.. the fox guarding the hen house. Bush didn't get around to trying to loan Solyndra any money. They simply wanted to distance themselves from the whole fiasco.

I never said that the Solyndra fiasco was Bush's fault, but it's mighty conveniant how much FNC and the rest of the main stream media leaves out.

The fault lies at BO's feet, but like I mentioned, sometimes they fail, sometimes they work. Like many of these programs over the decades, Solyndra also served to line the pockets of his supporters.

Hey, Bias is Bias, FNC has their bias and the cnn/msnbc etc. has their bias. Why can't you FNC followers see and admit that?? You guys whine and cry so much about the liberal media, but you say nothing about the conservative media...which imho means that you can't be taken seriously.
2006 Blk C6 vert w/A&A Supercharger kit w/V3 upgrade, Random Tech ceramic-coated LT headers w/hi-flo cats and Corsa Extreme exhaust. New dyno #'s 611rwhp/583tq
Old 12-13-2012, 08:29 PM   #38
c6vettedude
DC Crew

Member #120057

Quote:
Like always, you didn't R-E-A-D Ponch!
Old 12-13-2012, 08:31 PM   #39
Poncherello
Grey Squirrel

Member #5040

My Corvette(s)
Looking

I try not to read alot because I'm not very good at it and it makes my shoes fall off.
Poncherello is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 12-13-2012, 08:33 PM   #40
c6vettedude
DC Crew

Member #120057

Quote:
Something like that. I want to be fair. The Bush administration did start this ball rolling. But it was the Obama administration that pushed it in spite of reservations by the board reviewing the loan requests. And it's no coincidence that the loan request was being herded by one of Obama's top bundlers. Libs can try deflection on this one, but reality bites.
Yep, 100%. Nice to discuss a subject with someone who "thinks", can be reasonable, brings credible info, and can be taken seriously!
Old 12-13-2012, 08:34 PM   #41
c6vettedude
DC Crew

Member #120057

Quote:
Originally Posted by blckslvr79 View Post

Phuck! That's funny!
Someone like you won't even be able to sleep for another 4 years.
Old 12-13-2012, 08:45 PM   #42
c6vettedude
DC Crew

Member #120057

Quote:
I try not to read alot because I'm not very good at it and it makes my shoes fall off.
Sounds like you could use a visit to your local
brainpodiatrist.
Old 12-13-2012, 09:37 PM   #43
87vette81big
DC Crew

Member #117927

My Corvette(s)
1987 Corvette Convertible

Quote:
LOL

87vette81big is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2012, 09:46 PM   #44
blckslvr79

Member #67576

My Corvette(s)
1979 L82 4speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by c6vettedude View Post
Someone like you won't even be able to sleep for another 4 years.
Phuck you.

Old 12-13-2012, 09:59 PM   #45
c6vettedude
DC Crew

Member #120057

Quote:
Originally Posted by blckslvr79 View Post
Phuck you.

Go watch a couple episodes of "LIL BUSH" and see if that'll make you go "Nighty-Night"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (12 CHARACTERS MAXIMUM), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.