New guy to the Forum..greetings - Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums

Go Back   Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums > C5 Corvette Forums > C5 Corvette - General Discussion
Register Forums Garage Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Notices

C5 Corvette - General Discussion General | Technical | Performance | Aftermarket | Discussions

Other sections:
Corvettes Classifieds
Corvette Detailing & Car Care
Corvette Audio/Video/Radar
General Automotive/Shop/Tools
Corvette Performance Driving/Racing

Shops/Tuners
Custom Image Corvettes
A&A Corvette
Corvette tuner

Interior
Corvette aftermarket products

Insurance

Parts & Products
Race Ramps
Edelbrock
ATI/Procharger
Corvetteguys.com
Melrose Motorsports
Parts Taxi
Airaid
Mid America Motorworks
Pfadt Racing
Madvette Motorsports
Hi-tech Custom Concepts
Corvette aftermarket products
Corvette Garage
Corvette Parts and Accessories
Corvette Car Care Products
Corvette HID
Mid America Motoroworks

Tracks/Schools
Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving
Corvette driving school

Wheels/Tires
Cray Wheels

Services
BADWERKS.com

Old 12-13-2012, 01:40 PM   #1
Mark Royce
DC Crew

Member #120412

Post New guy to the Forum..greetings

I need to some help from anyone out there with knowledge of a really good repair facility for my 2002 Z06 or answer to this tell. I hate to say it..but I think I was hosed by the last Chevy repair facility. I had a little accident which took off my drivers side door and a lot of water flashed into my interior. I had all the repairs completed by the shop except one. The EBCM. I went into the shop with only one light on my dash lit up "check traction control"...when I picked up my car all 3 lights to the EBCM were on. I believe this is the correct Acronym for the module which controls the ABS, Traction control and Active HNDLG. Anyway this is a $1200.00 part. And the worst part is the Insurance adjuster wants proof that a torn off door and water flying into the interior of my car could cause this module to go bad. My car only has 70,408 miles on it. does anyone have any suggestion for a fix. Could a crossed wire or the accident have caused this module to go bad suddenly? How would I verify it for my insurance guy. He has just never run into this type of problem want a plausable reason to give to the insurance boss before paying for it. I can't see paying $1200.00 bucks for something the shop or the insurance guy may have messed up. Anyone? This is the first time I have used the forum and don't know if I posted this correctly. if not please let me know. Thanks guys.
Mark Royce is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2012, 04:06 PM   #2
Junkman2008
DC Pit Crew Boss

Member #71977

My Corvette(s)
2001 Navy Blue Metallic Coupe

Garage
Okay, there is a method to trouble-shooting these cars. Step one is to pull the diagnostic codes. You can do so by following the instructions in this sticky thread. Pulling your diagnostic codes is ALWAYS step one, and you should always include them with your post when requesting help.

Second, if you are going to be trouble-shooting your car, you cannot do so without the service manuals. You not only have to get an understanding of how the car works but you also have to see how stuff is connected in order to verify if a part is bad. The person who happens to be a leading authority in the part that you think is bad has a website called ABSFixer.com. He is the individual that you need to ask questions about your EBCM. I don't see how the wreck could have caused your issue but I have not seen any pictures of your wrecked car. The more information you provide, the more help you will receive.

The codes that are causing the icons to illuminate on your IPC could be false positives. You need to check those codes and see if they are current or history. Who knows, maybe the stealership hacks took your car out and thrashed the hell out of it, an occurrence that happens regularly. That kind of driving could set the codes off. If the codes are history and you reset them, the icons will go out. If they come right back on, then you know that you possibly have an issue.

Last of all, don't create threads all over the place with the same problem. One thread is enough, just post it in the correct sub-forum.

So the ball is in your court. You have some footwork to do. Also, go back and fill out your profile so that the year and model of your car is displayed beneath your avatar. That will also assist in getting you more help.

Welcome to DC.
Junkman2008 is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"Marines - Making the other guy die for his country for over 200 years."
Old 12-13-2012, 08:47 PM   #3
C5 Dude
DC Crew

Member #120318

My Corvette(s)
99 C5

Was any welding done on the vehicle while in the shop for the repair....

Welcome...I'm new too...to Corvettes but old mechanic.
C5 Dude is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Rock on!
No...I can't spell...I'm a RedNeck!
Tuned by KP Racing - http://www.kpracing.com
Vara-Ram Cold air, CompCams Torquer V2, .675 Double Racing Springs, Titanium Spring Hardware, High Volume Oil Pump, Cloyes Heavy Duty Type R Roller Chain Set, Pfadt motor and diff mounts, ECS trans/diff brace, Spec stage 3 clutch, TIC Adjustable Master, Kooks Long Tubes, Kooks High Flows with X Pipe, Corsa Muffs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (12 CHARACTERS MAXIMUM), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.