Let's talk about the AR-15 - Page 3 - Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums

Go Back   Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums > Other Discussions/Topics > News Room
Register Forums Garage Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Notices

News Room This section is for discussing current events.

Shops/Tuners
Custom Image Corvettes
A&A Corvette
Corvette tuner

Interior
Corvette aftermarket products

Insurance

Parts & Products
Race Ramps
Edelbrock
ATI/Procharger
Corvetteguys.com
Melrose Motorsports
Parts Taxi
Airaid
Mid America Motorworks
Pfadt Racing
Madvette Motorsports
Hi-tech Custom Concepts
Corvette aftermarket products
Corvette Garage
Corvette Parts and Accessories
Corvette Car Care Products
Corvette HID
Mid America Motoroworks

Tracks/Schools
Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving
Corvette driving school

Wheels/Tires
Cray Wheels

Services
BADWERKS.com

Old 12-20-2012, 01:46 PM   #31
92Roadster

Member #36181

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpyvette View Post
the whole argument liberals put forth is based on the silly idea that its the individual gun and not the guns operator thats dangerous.
I can easily prove statistically that theres far more people killed and injured by people driving cars using automatic transmissions, than those driving manual transmissions, but its a absurd argument, as with rifles,its the person operating the car, thats the determining factor in its use,the problem is not the type of transmission or how fast it shifts or how the firearm operates but the intent or negligence of the person operating either mechanical device.
.....dam.....have to agree with you grumpy 99.9%, I reserve
that 1%......
92Roadster is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-20-2012, 01:47 PM   #32
Vette_Newb
The Copy/Paste King

Member #6180

My Corvette(s)
1989 L98 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92Roadster View Post
.....dam.....have to agree with you grumpy 99.9%, I reserve
that 1%......
You know, Windows has a built in calculator right?
.01% not 1%.

Vette_Newb is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Fascism is a religion of the state. It assumes the organic unity of the body politic and longs for a national leader attuned to the will of the people. It is totalitarian in that it views everything as political and holds that any action by the state is justified to achieve the common good. It takes responsibility for all aspects of life, including our health and well-being, and seeks to impose uniformity of thought and action, whether by force or through regulation and social pressure. Everything, including economy and religion, must be aligned with its objectives.
Old 12-20-2012, 01:50 PM   #33
XQIZT
You've been pimped!!

Member #80197

My Corvette(s)
1985 Z51, 1977 custom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vette_Newb View Post
.01% not 1%.

ummmmm....using my handy dandy Windows calculator...I see that 100 - 99.9 is .1 .....not .01.
XQIZT is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"Alexa" - 1985 Z51 - In memory of the last Corvette Dad owned.

"Desiree" - 1977 - Wife's car, with an attitude problem

Click here for more info about our cars and autocrossing and other Corvette stuff.
Old 12-20-2012, 01:51 PM   #34
Poncherello
Grey Squirrel

Member #5040

My Corvette(s)
Looking

Does windows have a your and you're calculator?
Poncherello is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 12-20-2012, 02:11 PM   #35
Vette_Newb
The Copy/Paste King

Member #6180

My Corvette(s)
1989 L98 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by XQIZT View Post
ummmmm....using my handy dandy Windows calculator...I see that 100 - 99.9 is .1 .....not .01.
Remind me to go back to Linux..
Fascism is a religion of the state. It assumes the organic unity of the body politic and longs for a national leader attuned to the will of the people. It is totalitarian in that it views everything as political and holds that any action by the state is justified to achieve the common good. It takes responsibility for all aspects of life, including our health and well-being, and seeks to impose uniformity of thought and action, whether by force or through regulation and social pressure. Everything, including economy and religion, must be aligned with its objectives.
Old 12-20-2012, 02:41 PM   #36
92Roadster

Member #36181

Quote:
.01% not 1%.

....if it's built in why is called an "accessory".......

....I'm still reserve the 1% cause it's mine.....
Old 12-20-2012, 02:43 PM   #37
HardcoreABN
DC Crew

Member #36463

My Corvette(s)
2000 Torch Red/Red Z51 coupe

Quote:
The AR-15 is a very simple gun. Simple to disassemble, clean, operate. The .223 cartridge is versatile, widely used, readily available. The gun is lightweight, easy to carry/store. Anyone with access to Youtube can build one That don't mean it's the most reliable lol) and pretty much anyone can take this thing apart, repair what's broke and have it back in action in 3-5 minutes. They will run dirty, keeping them "wet" (well oiled) has always worked for me, the same as it did with the M16 when I was in the Army. Most of the milspec guns are interchangable, you can mix/match lowers and uppers. You can have 1 complete lower and many different uppers to allow a variety of calibers/configurations. There are everything from .22 uppers to .50 single shot uppers. This gives you the ability to have multiple weapons at the ready without carrying a truck load of guns with you.

The popularity of the gun among gun enthusiasts is due to the versatility.
LIES!! .223 NATO has crap for knockdown power and the M4/M16 series does NOT like to be dirty.
HardcoreABN is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
ASE Certified Automotive Repair Technician in: Suspension and Steering, Brakes, Electrical/Electronic Systems, and Heating and Air Conditioning

402 LS2- Callies Compstar crank/rods, Wiesco pistons, 11.5:1 c/r, Custom 235/250 .621/.595 115+4cam from Martin @ Tick, CNC LS3 heads, Edelbrock Victor water pump, Melling oil pump, Halltech air intake, LS7 MAF, Jet-Hot coated LG long tube headers, Corsa Tigershark exhaust, Hotchkis sway bars, Monster level 3 clutch, return style fuel system, 2 stage nitrous plate system
Old 12-20-2012, 02:44 PM   #38
Texdentist

Member #76657

My Corvette(s)
2013 Coupe, 2009 Coupe - traded, '74 Coupe totalled, '77 Coupe sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by XQIZT View Post
Only on DC can you subtract 99.9 from 100 and get three different answers.
Texdentist is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-21-2012, 10:00 PM   #39
87vette81big
DC Crew

Member #117927

My Corvette(s)
1987 Corvette Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by blckslvr79 View Post
Your attitude toward not caring is the entire problem here. That's the exact problem with most Americans.

Do you really not care or is that a lie to cover up your fear?

Go kick Ponch around? Why? I'm having too much fun kicking the fear out of you.

87vette81big is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-22-2012, 05:16 AM   #40
92Roadster

Member #36181

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texdentist View Post
Only on DC can you subtract 99.9 from 100 and get three different answers.
the reason is, nope I can't tell you because:

Old 12-22-2012, 03:04 PM   #41
72SBVet
DC Crew

Member #69345

My Corvette(s)

If you're going to sell the time is now. I just went to a gun show and also have been keeping track of gun prices both on and offline. Both my AK's and my Saiga have doubled, and even gone five times original asking price from just a year ago. My AK47 and AK74 is around $1300-$1500, the Saiga12 is at the $1100+ stock, but when decked out it about triples in price. I bought some AP and dragon breath rounds and for 21 rounds it was$80, but those are purely home protection and have fun rounds.
72SBVet is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
As FPSRussia says "As always.... Have nice day"
Old 12-22-2012, 03:11 PM   #42
Vette_Newb
The Copy/Paste King

Member #6180

My Corvette(s)
1989 L98 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardcoreABN View Post
LIES!! .223 NATO has crap for knockdown power and the M4/M16 series does NOT like to be dirty.
5.56 Been working for the military several decades now.. my AR's run fine dirty, just gotta keep em wet. Of course, my AR10 does have better knockdown power.
Old 12-22-2012, 03:13 PM   #43
Vette_Newb
The Copy/Paste King

Member #6180

My Corvette(s)
1989 L98 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72SBVet View Post
If you're going to sell the time is now. I just went to a gun show and also have been keeping track of gun prices both on and offline. Both my AK's and my Saiga have doubled, and even gone five times original asking price from just a year ago. My AK47 and AK74 is around $1300-$1500, the Saiga12 is at the $1100+ stock, but when decked out it about triples in price. I bought some AP and dragon breath rounds and for 21 rounds it was$80, but those are purely home protection and have fun rounds.
I told my brother, "Don't sell your AR right now". Like a moron, he sold it today for $800.
Old 12-22-2012, 04:03 PM   #44
HardcoreABN
DC Crew

Member #36463

My Corvette(s)
2000 Torch Red/Red Z51 coupe

Quote:
5.56 Been working for the military several decades now.. my AR's run fine dirty, just gotta keep em wet. Of course, my AR10 does have better knockdown power.
lol the DoD says 5.56 is a good round....too bad those that use it don't share the same opinion.....Problem with keeping them wet with oil, is that they become a dirt magnet- not what you want in the desert.
HardcoreABN is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
ASE Certified Automotive Repair Technician in: Suspension and Steering, Brakes, Electrical/Electronic Systems, and Heating and Air Conditioning

402 LS2- Callies Compstar crank/rods, Wiesco pistons, 11.5:1 c/r, Custom 235/250 .621/.595 115+4cam from Martin @ Tick, CNC LS3 heads, Edelbrock Victor water pump, Melling oil pump, Halltech air intake, LS7 MAF, Jet-Hot coated LG long tube headers, Corsa Tigershark exhaust, Hotchkis sway bars, Monster level 3 clutch, return style fuel system, 2 stage nitrous plate system
Old 12-22-2012, 04:30 PM   #45
C5-R JR
DC crew

Member #52866
Location: At HQ, plotting over a detailed MAP on how I can be on the racetrack as much as possible.

My Corvette(s)
2011 CTS-V Coupe, 2000 gutted out, caged up race car and a skateboard.

This is me a long time ago with my Colt AR-15 with an M4 upper reciever. Beta mag and ACON Optics. I also had a FJ Vollmer HK 21 belt fed.

Jr.
C5-R JR is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
You want to put yourself on an emotional rollercoaster? Build a race car!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (12 CHARACTERS MAXIMUM), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.