Way to go NRA!!! - Page 5 - Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums

Go Back   Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums > Other Discussions/Topics > News Room
Register Forums Garage Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Notices

News Room This section is for discussing current events.

Shops/Tuners
Custom Image Corvettes
A&A Corvette
Corvette tuner

Interior
Corvette aftermarket products

Insurance

Parts & Products
Race Ramps
Edelbrock
ATI/Procharger
Corvetteguys.com
Melrose Motorsports
Parts Taxi
Airaid
Mid America Motorworks
Pfadt Racing
Madvette Motorsports
Hi-tech Custom Concepts
Corvette aftermarket products
Corvette Garage
Corvette Parts and Accessories
Corvette Car Care Products
Corvette HID
Mid America Motoroworks

Tracks/Schools
Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving
Corvette driving school

Wheels/Tires
Cray Wheels

Services
BADWERKS.com

Old 12-23-2012, 06:15 PM   #61
Vette_Newb
The Copy/Paste King

Member #6180

My Corvette(s)
1989 L98 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92Roadster View Post
...wow, you sure have a short fuse with anyone who disagrees
with your views and you consider them STUPID....please, show
me WHERE HAVE I ATTACK your rights, I hold the right to my
opinion in agreement to yours or not, I think you need to sit
back and re-read you response to others.

....beside I am not playing any games, you appear as the all
knowing here, no one makes any sense if it is not in compliance with your ideas....
There a mirror in your house? The only solution you have offered up is to roll over to the gun control fanatics because a headcase stole a gun and murdered a bunch of people. That makes so much sense, I applied it to cars.

"Gee, some headcase addicted to psycho actives killed a bunch of people with a gun, AGAIN. Let's make it to where only the criminals have guns and see if that works".

"Let's ban those evil black assault rifles". Great idea, since this gun didn't even fall under the assault rifle category and was sold legally with an AWB in place in Conn.

Vette_Newb is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Fascism is a religion of the state. It assumes the organic unity of the body politic and longs for a national leader attuned to the will of the people. It is totalitarian in that it views everything as political and holds that any action by the state is justified to achieve the common good. It takes responsibility for all aspects of life, including our health and well-being, and seeks to impose uniformity of thought and action, whether by force or through regulation and social pressure. Everything, including economy and religion, must be aligned with its objectives.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-23-2012, 06:39 PM   #62
92Roadster

Member #36181

....I gotta ask did you actually read your replies before you
posted, as you typed....

....ANYTHING I HAVE EVER SAID HAS TO DO WITH LIMITS,
you want NO LIMITS and you would put a gun in everyone's
hand, your asking for ZERO percent gun control, that would
include criminals also...

.....some one gave that person access to weapons when
they shouldn't have and he did what he did....

.....and you don't see any "flaw" with letting anyone buy
a weapon that can fire a high impact round in high volume
magazines as in an (assault rifle)....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vette_Newb View Post
There a mirror in your house? The only solution you have offered up is to roll over to the gun control fanatics because a headcase stole a gun and murdered a bunch of people. That makes so much sense, I applied it to cars.

"Gee, some headcase addicted to psycho actives killed a bunch of people with a gun, AGAIN. Let's make it to where only the criminals have guns and see if that works".

"Let's ban those evil black assault rifles". Great idea, since this gun didn't even fall under the assault rifle category and was sold legally with an AWB in place in Conn.

92Roadster is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2012, 06:46 PM   #63
Vette_Newb
The Copy/Paste King

Member #6180

My Corvette(s)
1989 L98 Coupe

Quote:
....ANYTHING I HAVE EVER SAID HAS TO DO WITH LIMITS, you want NO LIMITS and you would put a gun in everyone's hand, your asking for ZERO percent gun control, that would include criminals also...
You must be very uninformed on gun laws. There are limits already in place. Your only answer, has been to give in to the gun control fanatics and let them place more limits, which would also not help a damn thing. There was an AWB in place when Columbine happened. Didn't help a damn thing because CRIMINALS DO CRIMINAL SHIT BECAUSE THEY ARE CRIMINALS.

Quote:
.....and you don't see any "flaw" with letting anyone buy
a weapon that can fire a high impact round in high volume
magazines as in an (assault rifle)....
I also see no flaw in allowing someone to buy a car that will do 180mph even though more than 95% of the country has a maximum speed limit of 75mph, and cars kill about 3 times as many people as guns do. I have no problem with people buying alcohol, even though alcohol kills about 10 times more people than guns do.

My .22 rifle (not an evil black gun) can empty 25 rounds in a few seconds. This gun would not be included in an AWB. There are many guns capable of delivering a lot of ammo in a short time that would not be subject to an AWB. The AWB didn't work, doesn't work, no matter how many times the lie is told it's still a lie.
Fascism is a religion of the state. It assumes the organic unity of the body politic and longs for a national leader attuned to the will of the people. It is totalitarian in that it views everything as political and holds that any action by the state is justified to achieve the common good. It takes responsibility for all aspects of life, including our health and well-being, and seeks to impose uniformity of thought and action, whether by force or through regulation and social pressure. Everything, including economy and religion, must be aligned with its objectives.
Old 12-23-2012, 07:12 PM   #64
92Roadster

Member #36181

Quote:
You must be very uninformed on gun laws. There are limits already in place. Your only answer, has been to give in to the gun control fanatics and let them place more limits, which would also not help a damn thing. There was an AWB in place when Columbine happened. Didn't help a damn thing because CRIMINALS DO CRIMINAL SHIT BECAUSE THEY ARE CRIMINALS.

I also see no flaw in allowing someone to buy a car that will do 180mph even though more than 95% of the country has a maximum speed limit of 75mph, and cars kill about 3 times as many people as guns do. I have no problem with people buying alcohol, even though alcohol kills about 10 times more people than guns do.

My .22 rifle (not an evil black gun) can empty 25 rounds in a few seconds. This gun would not be included in an AWB. There are many guns capable of delivering a lot of ammo in a short time that would not be subject to an AWB. The AWB didn't work, doesn't work, no matter how many times the lie is told it's still a lie.
....thanks for finally answering me, in regards to the first
response, I am well aware that they have limits in place
and you are still able to have those weapons, understanding
that they want to ban certain weapons is all part of it isn't it,
if that put assault weapons in only Law Enforcement hands
is that a bad thing, I thought gun owners trained themselves
with accuracy with the personal protection, why the need for
an AK-47 at home or an AR-15 for that matter.....

.....I personally disregard the vehicle stuff, for the fact is
you can't hid it under your coat to enter a building, but
that doesn't make the car less deadly, just non-related....

....as far as the 22 rifle sure that one gets by probably
because of the caliber, in as much as booze kills 10 X
what guns do, people break that law every single day,
but it does not fall under the pretense of murder....
Old 12-23-2012, 07:24 PM   #65
Vette_Newb
The Copy/Paste King

Member #6180

My Corvette(s)
1989 L98 Coupe

Quote:
....thanks for finally answering me, in regards to the first
response, I am well aware that they have limits in place
and you are still able to have those weapons, understanding
that they want to ban certain weapons is all part of it isn't it,
if that put assault weapons in only Law Enforcement hands
is that a bad thing,
What is an assault weapon? Any gun is an "assault weapon". Guns were created to kill, not one gun is any less lethal than another. No legislation is being proposed to reduce assault weapons to police or military only. Every piece I have read only regards new production. So really the target is reducing money flow into the right wing politics in the country. The legislation would weaken company's that produce those weapons, which also subsequently produces other types of weapons. The move would ultimately reduce the industry to 3 or 4 major players, who's biggest and most financially important customer is the government. By not proposing to confiscate the current supply of weapons, this ban would be completely toothless as far as reducing crime is concerned.

Quote:
I thought gun owners trained themselves
with accuracy with the personal protection, why the need for
an AK-47 at home or an AR-15 for that matter.....
Old 12-23-2012, 07:41 PM   #66
92Roadster

Member #36181

Quote:
What is an assault weapon? Any gun is an "assault weapon". Guns were created to kill, not one gun is any less lethal than another. No legislation is being proposed to reduce assault weapons to police or military only. Every piece I have read only regards new production. So really the target is reducing money flow into the right wing politics in the country. The legislation would weaken company's that produce those weapons, which also subsequently produces other types of weapons. The move would ultimately reduce the industry to 3 or 4 major players, who's biggest and most financially important customer is the government. By not proposing to confiscate the current supply of weapons, this ban would be completely toothless as far as reducing crime is concerned.
....I going to follow up on the ban, then I'll get back to you,
sit back a take a breather....
Old 12-23-2012, 08:25 PM   #67
BJC99Hardtop
DC Crew

Member #16712

My Corvette(s)
2006 Z06, 1999 FRC

Quote:
... so what
you are saying is: LAPD was stupid in not having assault
weapons in their vehicles in case they run across band robbers
in full body armor[/COLOR]....and further more the hand gun stopped
the first gunman with a head shot...

That is exactly what I am saying. Cops need to have rifles to do their jobs. A semi-auto Remington 7400 or a Colt 6920 AR15. They are the same rifle, but one looks like a hunting rifle and one looks like what the Army uses. Both can be fitted with magazines of 5-100 rounds.

Quote:
....that has nothing to do with the Hollywood Shootout...AR-15 against a AK-47 I don't think that
is a even match...
I don't agree. I own both and keep the AR loaded and ready for home-defense use. If I was going to drag the rifle through the desert, jungle, swamp, or other dirty environment, I would want the AK. In a clean environment, like a patrol vehicle, I would take the AR any day. Of course, I am not loading military ball in my defensive weapons. If that were the case, I might go the other way.

Quote:
....I don't think you going to see that enacted...
I think that there is a greater chance of this than ever before. If we watch the news and listen to the political class, we would think that the citizenry was on the fence on the gun issue. The reality is that ours is a gun culture and only on the boob tube or in the minds of academia is gun control "for the people". There are so many guns being purchased right now, that the system is choked.

Two of my business acquaintances are FFL's and have been forced to shut down their businesses because the volume of gun purchases has resulted in 2-6 hour wait times for background checks. These are not gun collectors adding to their collection of 200 firearms. These are citizens worried that they won't be able to buy a gun next month or next year.

AR15 rifles are trading at a 100% to 300% premium right now, and they are nearly sold out everywhere. 30 round AR magazines are trading at 1000%+ their value two weeks ago.
BJC99Hardtop is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-24-2012, 09:12 AM   #68
92Roadster

Member #36181

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJC99Hardtop View Post
That is exactly what I am saying. Cops need to have rifles to do their jobs. A semi-auto Remington 7400 or a Colt 6920 AR15. They are the same rifle, but one looks like a hunting rifle and one looks like what the Army uses. Both can be fitted with magazines of 5-100 rounds.

I don't agree. I own both and keep the AR loaded and ready for home-defense use. If I was going to drag the rifle through the desert, jungle, swamp, or other dirty environment, I would want the AK. In a clean environment, like a patrol vehicle, I would take the AR any day. Of course, I am not loading military ball in my defensive weapons. If that were the case, I might go the other way.

I think that there is a greater chance of this than ever before. If we watch the news and listen to the political class, we would think that the citizenry was on the fence on the gun issue. The reality is that ours is a gun culture and only on the boob tube or in the minds of academia is gun control "for the people". There are so many guns being purchased right now, that the system is choked.

Two of my business acquaintances are FFL's and have been forced to shut down their businesses because the volume of gun purchases has resulted in 2-6 hour wait times for background checks. These are not gun collectors adding to their collection of 200 firearms. These are citizens worried that they won't be able to buy a gun next month or next year.

AR15 rifles are trading at a 100% to 300% premium right now, and they are nearly sold out everywhere. 30 round AR magazines are trading at 1000%+ their value two weeks ago.
.....the way it has been going here, people want to "pop"
in a senario for why you need this or that, well what about
a aircraft flying around shooting at people in the city, do we
arm the police with "SAM"'s

.....There is very little comparison with "FirePower" between
an AR-15 and AK-47 that was my point, and I'm not talking
about dragging it around in the jungles or swaps

.....you can not have volunteer security in a school
environment, simply for the fact of "Liability", what if you
engage a perp and a round from your weapon kills someone
in that school you are protecting, how would you feel after
and who is liable

....lastly what does this have to do with anything.....
Old 12-24-2012, 09:31 AM   #69
Ducati117
Account Disabled.

Member #117010

My Corvette(s)
Black C4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncherello View Post
So who pays for those 100,000 police officers in the 100,000 schools? Isn't our party the same party that decries increased government size?
x2
Ducati117 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-24-2012, 09:36 AM   #70
Ducati117
Account Disabled.

Member #117010

My Corvette(s)
Black C4

need doctor reports and drug checks before sale.
Ducati117 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-24-2012, 11:48 AM   #71
Vette_Newb
The Copy/Paste King

Member #6180

My Corvette(s)
1989 L98 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducati117 View Post
x2
We could very easily take it out of one of the war budgets.. either the profit wars in the middle east, or the next theater they are going for in Africa, or hell just use some of the drug war money. We never seem to run out of money for foreign excursions or foreign aid, only the shit needed for this country.

Plenty of places to get the money, if this was really about protecting the children.. which it never has been.
Old 12-24-2012, 07:25 PM   #72
BJC99Hardtop
DC Crew

Member #16712

My Corvette(s)
2006 Z06, 1999 FRC

Quote:

.....There is very little comparison with "FirePower" between
an AR-15 and AK-47 that was my point, and I'm not talking
about dragging it around in the jungles or swaps
I am confused by this comment. Although the 7.62 round has more energy by about 100 foot pounds, I wouldn't go so far as to say "very little comparison". Again, I chose 5.56x45MM for my home protection. You may choose 7.62x39MM for yours.

Quote:
.....you can not have volunteer security in a school
environment, simply for the fact of "Liability", what if you
engage a perp and a round from your weapon kills someone
in that school you are protecting, how would you feel after
and who is liable
This issue is no different for the thousands of volunteer police who patrol our country today. Also, there is a network of insurance available for said volunteer police and firefighters which is currently widely used. You are gonna need a better "what if" because the entire infrastructure already exists to implement the NRA plan.

Quote:

....lastly what does this have to do with anything.....
The price and increased trading of firearms both over the past 10 years and in the past 10 days shows that America is a gun culture. The talking heads and political class would have us believe that the majority of our countrymen are for gun restrictions (gun control is a bullshit euphemism). The reality is that our countrymen are voting with their dollars and they are buying guns.
BJC99Hardtop is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2012, 05:11 AM   #73
92Roadster

Member #36181

I imported this from the other thread, but it is what I
searched for that I could not find...

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpyvette
Amendment II (1791)
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a
free State
, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms,
shall not be infringed.

What does it mean?
It means exactly what it says, that the people’s individual right
to be armed will be respected and that the resulting armed
populace will be secure against tyranny, invasion, and crime.
Our founding fathers were careful to construct this sentence in
such a manner that there could be no other reasonable
interpretation
besides the obvious. Anybody with even the
most limited understanding of the English language will agree.
....that I did not find in 2A, which most persons are pointing
to as there right

Last edited by 92Roadster; 12-26-2012 at 10:13 AM.
Old 12-27-2012, 06:06 PM   #74
Vette_Newb
The Copy/Paste King

Member #6180

My Corvette(s)
1989 L98 Coupe

Quote:
....that I did not find in 2A, which most persons are pointing
to as there right
Read it from the guys who put it together.

http://www.constitution.org/2ll/2ndschol/89vand.pdf
Old 12-27-2012, 06:58 PM   #75
87vette81big
DC Crew

Member #117927

My Corvette(s)
1987 Corvette Convertible

Quote:

LOL.

If guns are so dangerous............
Why does Bam Bam Obama need all those Guns surrounding him ?
Secret Service can protect him just fine with a slingshot & bag full of glass marbles.

87vette81big is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (12 CHARACTERS MAXIMUM), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.