RE: Gun Control? How about Medication control? - Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums

Go Back   Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums > Other Discussions/Topics > News Room
Register Forums Garage Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Notices

News Room This section is for discussing current events.

Shops/Tuners
Custom Image Corvettes
A&A Corvette
Corvette tuner

Interior
Corvette aftermarket products

Insurance

Parts & Products
Race Ramps
Edelbrock
ATI/Procharger
Corvetteguys.com
Melrose Motorsports
Parts Taxi
Airaid
Mid America Motorworks
Pfadt Racing
Madvette Motorsports
Hi-tech Custom Concepts
Corvette aftermarket products
Corvette Garage
Corvette Parts and Accessories
Corvette Car Care Products
Corvette HID
Mid America Motoroworks

Tracks/Schools
Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving
Corvette driving school

Wheels/Tires
Cray Wheels

Services
BADWERKS.com

Old 12-23-2012, 02:18 AM   #1
c6vettedude
DC Crew

Member #120057

RE: Gun Control? How about Medication control?

Basically, a follow-up story to what some of us here have been saying:

http://www.naturalnews.com/038353_gun_control_psychiatric_drugs_Ada m_Lanza.html
c6vettedude is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
2006 Blk C6 vert w/A&A Supercharger kit w/V3 upgrade, Random Tech ceramic-coated LT headers w/hi-flo cats and Corsa Extreme exhaust. New dyno #'s 611rwhp/583tq
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-23-2012, 08:36 AM   #2
Vette_Newb
The Copy/Paste King

Member #6180

My Corvette(s)
1989 L98 Coupe

It won't work because it's common sense. Common sense it dead in this country, otherwise you would have so called republicans calling for/supporting gun control. The gun didn't do the deed no more than the car does the deed in DWI Manslaughter.

If your little freak kid is on psycho-actives and you got a gun stash, you better make sure he don't have any access to those weapons. I would go for that kind of regulation, put someone on psycho-actives and guns cannot be kept where they can possibly get to them.

Read the side-effects on nost of this shit they are pumping into these kids. That should be against the law itself.
Vette_Newb is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Fascism is a religion of the state. It assumes the organic unity of the body politic and longs for a national leader attuned to the will of the people. It is totalitarian in that it views everything as political and holds that any action by the state is justified to achieve the common good. It takes responsibility for all aspects of life, including our health and well-being, and seeks to impose uniformity of thought and action, whether by force or through regulation and social pressure. Everything, including economy and religion, must be aligned with its objectives.
Old 12-23-2012, 11:23 AM   #3
grumpyvette
DC Pit Crew

Member #1106

My Corvette(s)
retired engineer, engine builder, racer 1985.1992.1996 cpes

I find it amazing that the media is demanding strict gun controls and totally ignoring the facts that in a very high percentage of cases the perpetrators in these mass shootings are on mind altering or at least seriously strong drugs designed to control depression or other mental illness. but keep in mind the media and politicians know that pointing this fact out does not help advance the agenda of DISARMING the population and making them MORE DEPENDENT on government for protection, and LESS likely to be able to successfully resist any policy that is being force fed to the people against the populations wishes.
ARMED citizens VOTE on changes, UN-ARMED SURFS DO WHAT THEY ARE TOLD!

According to ABC News, Adam Lanza, the alleged shooter, has been labeled as having "mental illness" and a "personality disorder." These are precisely the words typically heard in a person who is being "treated" with mind-altering psychiatric drugs.

One of the most common side effects of psychiatric drugs is violent outbursts and thoughts of suicide.

Note: The shooter was originally mid-identified as Ryan Lanza but has now been corrected to Adam Lanza.

The Columbine High School shooters were, of course, on psychiatric drugs at the time they shot their classmates in 1999. Suicidal tendencies and violent, destructive thoughts are some of the admitted behavioral side effects of mind-altering prescription medications.

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/038353_gu...#ixzz2Fty9r2ql

1 -- Huntsville, Alabama – February 5, 2010: 15-year-old Hammad Memon shot and killed another Discover Middle School student Todd Brown. Memon had a history for being treated for ADHD and depression. He was taking the antidepressant Zoloft and “other drugs for the conditions.” He had been seeing a psychiatrist and psychologist.

2 -- Kauhajoki, Finland – September 23, 2008: 22-year-old culinary student Matti Saari shot and killed 9 students and a teacher, and wounded another student, before killing himself. Saari was taking an SSRI and a benzodiazapine. He was also seeing a psychologist.

3 -- Dekalb, Illinois – February 14, 2008: 27-year-old Steven Kazmierczak shot and killed five people and wounded 21 others before killing himself in a Northern Illinois University auditorium. According to his girlfriend, he had recently been taking Prozac, Xanax and Ambien. Toxicology results showed that he still had trace amount of Xanax in his system. He had been seeing a psychiatrist.

4 -- Jokela, Finland – November 7, 2007: 18-year-old Finnish gunman Pekka-Eric Auvinen had been taking antidepressants before he killed eight people and wounded a dozen more at Jokela High School in southern Finland, then committed suicide.

5 -- Cleveland, Ohio – October 10, 2007: 14-year-old Asa Coon stormed through his school with a gun in each hand, shooting and wounding four before taking his own life. Court records show Coon had been placed on the antidepressant Trazodone.

6 -- Red Lake, Minnesota – March 2005: 16-year-old Jeff Weise, on Prozac, shot and killed his grandparents, then went to his school on the Red Lake Indian Reservation where he shot dead 7 students and a teacher, and wounded 7 before killing himself.

7 -- Greenbush, New York – February 2004: 16-year-old Jon Romano strolled into his high school in east Greenbush and opened fire with a shotgun. Special education teacher Michael Bennett was hit in the leg. Romano had been taking “medication for depression”. He had previously seen a psychiatrist.

8 -- Wahluke, Washington – April 10, 2001: Sixteen-year-old Cory Baadsgaard took a rifle to his high school and held 23 classmates and a teacher hostage. He had been taking the antidepressant Effexor.

9 -- El Cajon, California – March 22, 2001: 18-year-old Jason Hoffman, on the antidepressants Celexa and Effexor, opened fire on his classmates, wounding three students and two teachers at Granite Hills High School. He had been seeing a psychiatrist before the shooting.

10 -- Williamsport, Pennsylvania – March 7, 2001: 14-year-old Elizabeth Bush was taking the antidepressant Prozac when she shot at fellow students, wounding one.

11 -- Conyers, Georgia – May 20, 1999: 15-year-old T.J. Solomon was being treated with the stimulant Ritalin when he opened fire on and wounded six of his classmates.

12 -- Columbine, Colorado – April 20, 1999: 18-year-old Eric Harris and his accomplice, Dylan Klebold, killed 12 students and a teacher and wounded 26 others before killing themselves. Harris was on the antidepressant Luvox. Klebold’s medical records remain sealed. Both shooters had been in anger-management classes and had undergone counseling. Harris had been seeing a psychiatrist before the shooting.

13 -- Notus, Idaho – April 16, 1999: 15-year-old Shawn Cooper fired two shotgun rounds in his school, narrowly missing students. He was taking a prescribed SSRI antidepressant and Ritalin.

14 -- Springfield, Oregon – May 21, 1998: 15-year-old Kip Kinkel murdered his parents and then proceeded to school where he opened fire on students in the cafeteria, killing two and wounding 25. Kinkel had been taking the antidepressant Prozac. Kinkel had been attending “anger control classes” and was under the care of a psychologist.

heres a bunch of related info links

http://www.naturalnews.com/038353_gu...dam_Lanza.html

http://www.examiner.com/article/ment...her-sandy-hook

http://mahwah.patch.com/blog_posts/t...hool-shootings

http://www.examiner.com/article/scho...l-health-drugs

Amazon Amazon

http://www.prisonplanet.com/ban-proz...-not-guns.html

http://www.cchrflorida.org/blog/anti...ass-shootings/

http://www.examiner.com/article/mass...ess-vs-reality

http://www.antidepressantsfacts.com/...opic-Drugs.htm

http://www.ageofautism.com/2012/12/p...sych-meds.html
grumpyvette is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
" IF YOU CAN,T SMOKE THE TIRES AT WILL,FROM A 60 MPH ROLLING START YOUR ENGINE NEEDS MORE WORK!!"
Old 12-23-2012, 12:11 PM   #4
grumpyvette
DC Pit Crew

Member #1106

My Corvette(s)
retired engineer, engine builder, racer 1985.1992.1996 cpes

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journal...&utm_term=More

http://videos.allinnra.com/share/a-d...x#.UNdX9HdBful

http://video.today.msnbc.msn.com/tod...08495#50208495

media forced to admit an assault rifle was NEVER USED in the Connecticut school massacre , he had one but it was left in the trunk of the car, and not used in the shootings, all the talk about EVIL ASSAULT RIFLES was and IS MEDIA HYPE to BE USED TOO PUSH FOR INCREASED GUN CONTROL.
grumpyvette is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
" IF YOU CAN,T SMOKE THE TIRES AT WILL,FROM A 60 MPH ROLLING START YOUR ENGINE NEEDS MORE WORK!!"
Old 12-23-2012, 08:08 PM   #5
c6vettedude
DC Crew

Member #120057

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vette_Newb View Post
It won't work because it's common sense. Common sense it dead in this country, otherwise you would have so called republicans calling for/supporting gun control. The gun didn't do the deed no more than the car does the deed in DWI Manslaughter.

If your little freak kid is on psycho-actives and you got a gun stash, you better make sure he don't have any access to those weapons. I would go for that kind of regulation, put someone on psycho-actives and guns cannot be kept where they can possibly get to them.

Read the side-effects on nost of this shit they are pumping into these kids. That should be against the law itself.
2006 Blk C6 vert w/A&A Supercharger kit w/V3 upgrade, Random Tech ceramic-coated LT headers w/hi-flo cats and Corsa Extreme exhaust. New dyno #'s 611rwhp/583tq
Old 12-23-2012, 10:06 PM   #6
C4forlife
DC Crew

Member #54904

My Corvette(s)
1986 1996

Take it like this when it comes to the mind altering drugs. My wife is a foreign graduate pharmacist working on her stateside equivalency and I myself a pharmacy technician urge parents to heavily research any drug prescribed to your child. The majority of drugs used for psychological issues are developed and operate on theory meaning no one understands 100% how the issue occurs the way medication reacts in the patient or even how the specific brain functions altered are supposed to function in the first place. Be wary of the physician that prescribes these medications quickly. I can only call the dispensing of these medications legitimate if under the direction of a therapist that refrains from their use also known as a real doctor not just a talking script pad.
C4forlife is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
96 stock and 86E I don't even know how to explain anymore.
“Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws.”
~Plato
Old 12-23-2012, 10:56 PM   #7
c6vettedude
DC Crew

Member #120057

Quote:
Originally Posted by C4forlife View Post
Take it like this when it comes to the mind altering drugs. My wife is a foreign graduate pharmacist working on her stateside equivalency and I myself a pharmacy technician urge parents to heavily research any drug prescribed to your child. The majority of drugs used for psychological issues are developed and operate on theory meaning no one understands 100% how the issue occurs the way medication reacts in the patient or even how the specific brain functions altered are supposed to function in the first place. Be wary of the physician that prescribes these medications quickly. I can only call the dispensing of these medications legitimate if under the direction of a therapist that refrains from their use also known as a real doctor not just a talking script pad.
With so little that is known about the brain, and how these meds are "supposed" to work, it's mind-boggling to me, how so many parents just give their kids this crap and then preach to them about the dangers of alcohol and other illegal drugs.

Psychology in itself is all theory. There is no way whatsoever to run a test and get a legitimate diagnosis...such as what could be done to say test for meningitis, or other bacterial or viral diseases. All diagnoses are purely the opionion of the Psychologist, and nothing more. Psychology is the new religion, whatever they say must be true.

I don't think that Psychology is useless, it does have some merits with regards to being able to talk about issues that someone might be having... but that's about it. In rare cases medication is necessary. What many people don't understand anymore (mostly due to tv adds), is that anger, anxiety, depression, etc., are all normal states for humans. I think that it's abnormal and unhealthy to be depressed for long periods of time and even then the script pad shouldn't be the first thing the doctor reaches for. Talking to a professional can do wonders, then there are lots of natural herbal remedies that can help. Then the meds should be last.

Last edited by c6vettedude; 12-24-2012 at 12:54 AM.
Old 12-24-2012, 05:58 AM   #8
rlphvac
DC Crew

Member #68962

My Corvette(s)
81 C3

How about idiot control
rlphvac is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-24-2012, 05:32 PM   #9
Lady95
Employee of the Year

Member #71281

My Corvette(s)
Victory Red 2006 coupe & Bright Aqua Metallic 1995 coupe

I think that the discharge of thousands of mentally ill patients during the Reagan administration was the start of all of this. It was wrongly believed that these folks could live out in the world safely because they were much "better" when on their meds. Well guess what? Psych pts are among the most non-compliant pts in the nation. Why? Because they do not like how they feel while taking their meds. Since then we have now turned into a nation of over medicated children & homeless mentally ill people. The shooter in Conneticut was truly mentally ill. In the old days he most likely would have been hospitalized.
Lady95 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-24-2012, 06:02 PM   #10
Vette_Newb
The Copy/Paste King

Member #6180

My Corvette(s)
1989 L98 Coupe

The following is a list of
some of the side effects of
psychostimulants.
– abdominal pain
– aggression
– angina (sudden chest
pain)
– anorexia (eating
disorder)
– blood pressure and
pulse changes
– blurred vision
– depression
– dizziness
– drowsiness
– dry mouth
– fever
– hallucinations
– headaches
– heart palpitations
– hypersensitivity
– increased irritability
– insomnia
– involuntary tics and
twitching called
Tourette’s syndrome
– liver problems
– loss of appetite
– mental/mood changes
– moodiness
– nausea
– nervousness
– psychosis
– restlessness
– seizures
– stomach pain
– stunted growth
– suicidal thoughts
– tachycardia (heart
irregularity)
– toxic psychosis
– unusual weakness or
tiredness
– violent behavior
– vomiting
– weight loss and “zombie”
appearance.
Suicide is a major complication
of withdrawal from Ritalin and
similar amphetamine-like drugs.
Note: Celexa, Strattera and
Wellbutrin are antidepressants
prescribed to treat ADHD and
are covered in the booklet
Antidepressants: the facts about
the effects.
Vette_Newb is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Fascism is a religion of the state. It assumes the organic unity of the body politic and longs for a national leader attuned to the will of the people. It is totalitarian in that it views everything as political and holds that any action by the state is justified to achieve the common good. It takes responsibility for all aspects of life, including our health and well-being, and seeks to impose uniformity of thought and action, whether by force or through regulation and social pressure. Everything, including economy and religion, must be aligned with its objectives.
Old 12-24-2012, 07:35 PM   #11
87vette81big
DC Crew

Member #117927

My Corvette(s)
1987 Corvette Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vette_Newb View Post
The following is a list of
some of the side effects of
psychostimulants.
– abdominal pain
– aggression
– angina (sudden chest
pain)
– anorexia (eating
disorder)
– blood pressure and
pulse changes
– blurred vision
– depression
– dizziness
– drowsiness
– dry mouth
– fever
– hallucinations
– headaches
– heart palpitations
– hypersensitivity
– increased irritability
– insomnia
– involuntary tics and
twitching called
Tourette’s syndrome
– liver problems
– loss of appetite
– mental/mood changes
– moodiness
– nausea
– nervousness
– psychosis
– restlessness
– seizures
– stomach pain
– stunted growth
– suicidal thoughts
– tachycardia (heart
irregularity)
– toxic psychosis
– unusual weakness or
tiredness
– violent behavior
– vomiting
– weight loss and “zombie”
appearance.
Suicide is a major complication
of withdrawal from Ritalin and
similar amphetamine-like drugs.
Note: Celexa, Strattera and
Wellbutrin are antidepressants
prescribed to treat ADHD and
are covered in the booklet
Antidepressants: the facts about
the effects.
The CURE is worse than the illness treated to begin with.

I have seen 1st hand people off of Ritalin. Not good.
Like a lunatic set free & ready to kill.
Kids too.
And then they have or do try to kill themselves.

All those mind altering drugs should be banned.
But will they ?
Creating a society of Zombies & killers from doctor prescribed mental health drugs.
87vette81big is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-24-2012, 07:44 PM   #12
c6vettedude
DC Crew

Member #120057

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87vette81big View Post
The CURE is worse than the illness treated to begin with.

I have seen 1st hand people off of Ritalin. Not good.
Like a lunatic set free & ready to kill.
Kids too.
And then they have or do try to kill themselves.

All those mind altering drugs should be banned.
But will they ?
Creating a society of Zombies & killers from doctor prescribed mental health drugs.
But how do you get parents to listen?? One thing about the human condition is that we tend to think that "it can't, or won't happen to us"...so they go on giving this garbage to their kids. I've tried telling many parents about the dangers, but so far, not one has listened and taken their kids off the poison. For them, the risks are worth it !
Old 12-24-2012, 08:03 PM   #13
87vette81big
DC Crew

Member #117927

My Corvette(s)
1987 Corvette Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by c6vettedude View Post
But how do you get parents to listen?? One thing about the human condition is that we tend to think that "it can't, or won't happen to us"...so they go on giving this garbage to their kids. I've tried telling many parents about the dangers, but so far, not one has listened and taken their kids off the poison. For them, the risks are worth it !
I am not sure how to make people listen.
Especially parents.

My stepson comes to mind.
My wife Fought Tooth & Nail with her Ex to get the kid off of those Medicated drugs.
She was in the US Army so she has backbone to begin with.

As a stepfather, me, only so much I could do.
I have wanted to kick the kid's dad's ass many times prior.
But the wife Kim does an Ok job thus far.
Sometimes things had to go to court.
Other times, blackmail.
Its Illinois here, so forgive us.

Kid is off of those mind altering drugs for over 1 year now.
Doing much better too.

BR
87vette81big is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (12 CHARACTERS MAXIMUM), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.