More Leaked Pics 12-23-12 - Page 5 - Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums

Go Back   Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums > C7 Corvette Forums > C7 Corvette - Facts | Info | Rumors
Register Forums Garage Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Notices

C7 Corvette - Facts | Info | Rumors The first C7 Corvette info is rolling in...

Shops/Tuners
Custom Image Corvettes
A&A Corvette
Corvette tuner

Interior
Corvette aftermarket products

Insurance

Parts & Products
Race Ramps
Edelbrock
ATI/Procharger
Corvetteguys.com
Melrose Motorsports
Parts Taxi
Airaid
Mid America Motorworks
Pfadt Racing
Madvette Motorsports
Hi-tech Custom Concepts
Corvette aftermarket products
Corvette Garage
Corvette Parts and Accessories
Corvette Car Care Products
Corvette HID
Mid America Motoroworks

Tracks/Schools
Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving
Corvette driving school

Wheels/Tires
Cray Wheels

Services
BADWERKS.com

Old 12-25-2012, 07:27 PM   #61
C2C3C4C6
DC Crew

Member #14484

My Corvette(s)
2005 Black/Ebony coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugolino View Post
It doesn't look much like a Corvette, especially from the back. There's no heritage, no stylistic nods to the past. I don't like the sad-clown-face Camaro taillights at all; the back end in general is way too busy, too many doo-dads. The corvette is supposed to be a simple shape. It looks like the interior has been completely revamped, but it doesn't have much organic flow or a unifying theme, just a bunch of mismatched shapes and angles at odds with each other. The side view is especially disappointing. I can just imagine driving through town and hearing people say "is that the new Camaro?"

What I like most about the C6 is the repetition of shapes and curves, from the outside to the inside, and the simplicity of its design; I'm not seeing this design theme in the C7. I hope these C7 illustrations are simply earlier design iterations, and not the final product.

I suppose I'll reserve judgement until the final reveal in January, but I'm really not liking this at all. Oh well, I completely skipped the C5 since I never found it visually appealing, I suppose I could do the same with the C7 if it really turns out to be this ugly.
Maybe they are trying to attract younger buyers by making it look like a Camaro, no need to keep on harkening back to styles of the past as us oldtimers are about to check in soon to the big showroom in the sky.
C2C3C4C6 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-25-2012, 07:27 PM   #62
BLK 1

Member #66549

My Corvette(s)
2013 427 Convertible / 2004 6-speed Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkman2008 View Post
My bad. Didn't mean to disrespect the 2013's!
BLK 1 is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-25-2012, 08:28 PM   #63
blckslvr79

Member #67576

My Corvette(s)
1979 L82 4speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Draper View Post

Originated from the other forum posted by a member....won't tell where he got them.

I'm just amazed none of you have brought up the camaro/firebird fold down rear seat to match the camaro hatchback and ass end.
blckslvr79 is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
I'm taking care of my procrastination issues, just you wait and see.
Old 12-25-2012, 08:29 PM   #64
rickster
DC Crew

Member #15151

I have been a Corvette lover for over 25 years and have owned several Corvettes, I have to admit that when the new Camaro came out I was in love with the appearance of the rear end, I actually remember saying to myself if Corvette would have came out with a similar look it would have been a hit, I for one love the new look , even though the rear end does have some Camaro resemblance the Corvette is going to be a lot shorter in stature and is going to be a completely different animal. I personally LOVE IT, I am all in, Black on Black on Black Baby.

I know from past history that half the people that say they will not be buying one, will all be buying one, history always repeats itself at least when it comes to Corvette eras C4,C5,C6 etc. Just my opinion and my 2 cents, I know just keep my opinions to myself, I just could not stop myself.
rickster is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-25-2012, 09:24 PM   #65
Junkman2008
DC Pit Crew Boss

Member #71977

My Corvette(s)
2001 Navy Blue Metallic Coupe

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickster View Post
... I know just keep my opinions to myself, I just could not stop myself.
I don't know why you would want to keep your opinions to yourself. That's one of the many beauties of these forums, the different opinions. Everyone doesn't have to agree but no one's opinion should be sheltered. The only reason I don't like the rear is because it looks like a Camaro but I personally love the entire look of the actual Camaro. It's very bad ass.
Junkman2008 is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"Marines - Making the other guy die for his country for over 200 years."
Old 12-25-2012, 10:08 PM   #66
rickster
DC Crew

Member #15151

As I said, I really liked the Camaro rear end, I think the Corvette resembles it a little but not a lot, just enough to make the Corvette rear end Bad Ass. I believe when this Corvette comes out it will piss off more Camaro owners then Corvette owners, as this rear end is going to make the Camaro rear end look average. Chevrolet must have known they missed the boat when the Camaro rear end was a hit and wished they would have put it on the vette first, they are probably trying to make up for some damage control for not doing this. They are definitely taking a gamble doing this ,but I think there gamble will pay off, as the Corvette rear end will over shadow the Camaro rear end. I do not think resemblance will hurt this Corvette it will help it, but I do understand some of the frustration out there, such as we do not want to copy the Camaro, but it is what it is and I love it. Thats my opinion and thats the bottom line cause stone cold said so.
rickster is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-25-2012, 10:55 PM   #67
jimxo
DC Crew

Member #1327

My Corvette(s)
sold my 89 snif-snif

I just want the interior to be better than before.
jimxo is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-25-2012, 10:57 PM   #68
iowa61
DC Crew

Member #17961

My Corvette(s)
1966 427 Roadster

An Homage to the C4... Oh great...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMelkMan View Post
I personally don't think it looks much like a Camaro at all. Even after first seeing the Jalopnik rendering months ago, I didn't think it looked much like a Camaro, and these latest images look even less like a Camaro.

As someone mentioned earlier in this thread, I see it as more of an homage to the C4. This rear end looks less like a Camaro than a '70 C3 looks like a '70 Camaro. In 1970, the Camaro and Corvette had a nearly identical rear end... they were much more similar to each other than the C7 and fifth-gen Camaro.
The C4 heralded the rejection of groundbreaking design and embraced GM's new embrace of conservatism in the Corvette. The C4 is a nice, clean, inoffensive design. It sure didn't take anyone's breath away... and neither will the C7 apparently.

This stands in stark contrast to the Vette and Camaro designs of 1970. Both stunning...
iowa61 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2012, 04:06 AM   #69
Andonis
DC Crew

Member #932

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowa61 View Post
The C4 heralded the rejection of groundbreaking design and embraced GM's new embrace of conservatism in the Corvette. The C4 is a nice, clean, inoffensive design. It sure didn't take anyone's breath away... and neither will the C7 apparently.

This stands in stark contrast to the Vette and Camaro designs of 1970. Both stunning...
I personally find the C4 one of the most exciting Vettes ever. It took my breath away then, and it still does have an effect on me every time I see one. It has to be one of the most beautiful cars in the world. Very muscular yet simple in appearance, low profile, wide, it screams Corvette all over the place, that design is JUST PERFECT.
I really don't know how people reacted then, (you tell me - if you remember) but for me that thing is stunning how far ahead of its time it came. The C5 was preceded by the RX-7 - in design language -, and the C6 was just in time. But if you ask me, the C2, C3 and C4 were far more advanced as their eras. The C7 just reflects its current era, maybe a bit late, but nobody will be like OH MY this thing is out of this world.

Facts ara facts.
Try to go back to the 60s. Besides the Miura, name any car that EVEN comes close to the 1968 Corvette. Daytona GTB? Think again. It was a Corvette-copy! The C2 and C3 was an inspiration for its era not the other way around.
When Mitchell took over the GM design America was living an age of jet fighters. The 1959 Cyclone was the turning point of this if I'm right. Then the entire industrial design was revolutionized with clearer lines, and well defined shapes.
And what was the first sign of this? The Sting Ray and the Mako and Manta concepts. Shortly after this the C3 came out. Where was Ferrari? In design it lived in the 50s.
Where was Europe? Mercedes Gullwing, Jaguar E-type and Lamborghini Miura. Later DeTomaso Mangusta, Pantera, Maserati Bora and the Countach but the turning point was Corvette.

No go back in the 1980s. Maybe there was a Countach, an Esprit, the 1984 288 GTO and the 1987 F40. But all were playing in a different league. And the design of the Vette was UNIQUE and futuristic AGAIN.
What about the C5? I even heard someone saying that it was barely noticed.
What about now? I can tell you. The press will drool over, people will like it more or less, but it sure as hell it will not revolutionize car design globally.
Europe will not follow, Japan will not follow, and this will be just another sports car. Whereas Sideswipe (Stingray Concept) would have been a massive hit. Now THAT is revolution, that shows the way into the future in the old unmistakable BOLD Corvette way.
Andonis is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2012, 02:14 PM   #70
Ugolino
DC Crew

Member #64180

Hmm, you know, the more I look at the rear of the car, the more it sort of makes sense to me. It does have a certain design aesthetic and a certain cohesive flow. I'm starting to think it's not as awful as it was on first glance. I know these pictures are probably just developmental sketches, but with the addition of color and details, it may not look that bad. Still not sold on the mismatched interior though.
Ugolino is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2012, 02:30 PM   #71
iowa61
DC Crew

Member #17961

My Corvette(s)
1966 427 Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andonis View Post
I personally find the C4 one of the most exciting Vettes ever. It took my breath away then, and it still does have an effect on me every time I see one. It has to be one of the most beautiful cars in the world. Very muscular yet simple in appearance, low profile, wide, it screams Corvette all over the place, that design is JUST PERFECT.
I really don't know how people reacted then, (you tell me - if you remember) but for me that thing is stunning how far ahead of its time it came. The C5 was preceded by the RX-7 - in design language -, and the C6 was just in time. But if you ask me, the C2, C3 and C4 were far more advanced as their eras. The C7 just reflects its current era, maybe a bit late, but nobody will be like OH MY this thing is out of this world.

Facts ara facts.
Try to go back to the 60s. Besides the Miura, name any car that EVEN comes close to the 1968 Corvette. Daytona GTB? Think again. It was a Corvette-copy! The C2 and C3 was an inspiration for its era not the other way around.
When Mitchell took over the GM design America was living an age of jet fighters. The 1959 Cyclone was the turning point of this if I'm right. Then the entire industrial design was revolutionized with clearer lines, and well defined shapes.
And what was the first sign of this? The Sting Ray and the Mako and Manta concepts. Shortly after this the C3 came out. Where was Ferrari? In design it lived in the 50s.
Where was Europe? Mercedes Gullwing, Jaguar E-type and Lamborghini Miura. Later DeTomaso Mangusta, Pantera, Maserati Bora and the Countach but the turning point was Corvette.

No go back in the 1980s. Maybe there was a Countach, an Esprit, the 1984 288 GTO and the 1987 F40. But all were playing in a different league. And the design of the Vette was UNIQUE and futuristic AGAIN.
What about the C5? I even heard someone saying that it was barely noticed.
What about now? I can tell you. The press will drool over, people will like it more or less, but it sure as hell it will not revolutionize car design globally.
Europe will not follow, Japan will not follow, and this will be just another sports car. Whereas Sideswipe (Stingray Concept) would have been a massive hit. Now THAT is revolution, that shows the way into the future in the old unmistakable BOLD Corvette way.
Wow. We agree on everything but the C4. In fact, the press and buzz at the time agreed with me... Very conservative design (an assessment that still p.o's its chief engineer). I will give you this though: It was and is unique... And yes, also true: Car and Driver drove a pre-release C5 across the country and nobody noticed. You're right. It looks like a big Mazda RX... Not unattractive. But no breakthrough... Wouldn't have happened with a Stingray or Mako Shark...
iowa61 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2012, 03:04 PM   #72
Chris Draper
DC Crew

Member #3332

I've always been a function over form person when it comes to cars, and I think that's what has always attracted me to Corvettes so much. Sure they look good but they are no Ferrari, but they perform like one, and in many cases, better.

This car will be no different. I can forgive "ugly" if it's functional.

Knowing how much technology and engineering is coming from the Corvette Racing program and going into this production car is extraordinary. Chevrolet is the only manufacture these days that does this cascade engineering to this level.

If I could afford one, I would absolutely buy one.

I have a feeling once we see REAL photos of the actual car, it will change maybe of your minds. 2D, black and white manual drawings don't do any car justice. Go flip through your C6 owners manual and look at the pictures.

Last edited by Chris Draper; 12-26-2012 at 03:56 PM.
Chris Draper is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Corvette Info Center http://corvette-info.tripod.com
Corvette Racing History http://corvette-racing.tripod.com
Corvette Concepts History http://corvette-concepts.tripod.com
Corvette Info Center Facebook Page http://www.facebook.com/corvetteinfocenter
The Following User Says Thank You to Chris Draper For This Useful Post:
elegant (12-26-2012)
Old 12-26-2012, 05:52 PM   #73
TheGorram
DC Crew

Member #64899

Quote:
Originally Posted by blckslvr79 View Post
I'm just amazed none of you have brought up the camaro/firebird fold down rear seat to match the camaro hatchback and ass end.
Look closer. There are no fold down seats. The cad drawing screws with the perspective and makes it look like that but there no extra seats.
TheGorram is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2012, 06:58 PM   #74
elegant
DC Crew

Member #4585

My Corvette(s)
2006 Z06

I too like the resemblance to the C4's interior, especially that more of the controls face the driver. However, when we see the far superior interior materials, comparisons to all previous Corvette interiors will quickly fade.

Can't wait to see it in person on the 13th!
elegant is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2012, 07:40 PM   #75
PNHNDLE96CE

Member #14104

My Corvette(s)
96 LT1 Collector Edition

You all already know what I think. These drawings change nothing. But I will hope beyond hope that the actual car looks good. I see the rear and I see camaro mixed with Caddy. I have no clue what the horizontal lights are for? So many things happening at the rear of this car. I will reserve final judgement for 1-13-13. But I doubt being persuading
PNHNDLE96CE is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (12 CHARACTERS MAXIMUM), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.