NRA issues point-blank 'no' on gun control - Page 4 - Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums
 
 
Go Back   Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums > Other Discussions/Topics > News Room
Register Forums Garage Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Notices

News Room This section is for discussing current events.

Shops/Tuners
Custom Image Corvettes
A&A Corvette
Corvette tuner

Interior
Corvette aftermarket products

Insurance

Parts & Products
Race Ramps
Edelbrock
ATI/Procharger
Corvetteguys.com
Melrose Motorsports
Parts Taxi
Airaid
Mid America Motorworks
Pfadt Racing
Madvette Motorsports
Hi-tech Custom Concepts
Corvette aftermarket products
Corvette Garage
Corvette Parts and Accessories
Corvette Car Care Products
Corvette HID
Mid America Motoroworks

Tracks/Schools
Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving
Corvette driving school

Wheels/Tires
Cray Wheels

Services
BADWERKS.com
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-26-2012, 05:54 PM   #46
blckslvr79
 
blckslvr79's Avatar
 
Posts: 19,303
Member #67576
Member since: Nov 2007
Location: Schererville, IN

My Corvette(s)
1979 L82 4speed

Thanks: 858
Thanked 300 Times in 249 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 92Roadster View Post
...that came from your sources, not mine, I spent 3years
in the Army and have NO SYMPATHY for slime that commit
these tragedy's, I saw enough in Nam.....
My sources? I was just quoting you.
blckslvr79 is offline   Quick reply to this message
I'm taking care of my procrastination issues, just you wait and see.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-26-2012, 05:55 PM   #47
87vette81big
DC Crew
 
87vette81big's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,749
Member #117927
Member since: Nov 2011
Location: IL

My Corvette(s)
1987 Corvette Convertible

Thanks: 236
Thanked 96 Times in 88 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 92Roadster View Post
...you have an uncanny way of making light of 22 innocent
children being slaughtered, and I think you need to get your
head more alined.....
The only way to stop a bad guy with a gun of any sort spraying bullets with a mission to kill all IS TO HAVE A GOOD GUY SHOOTING BACK INTO THE PYSCO'S CHEST & HEAD.

WITH A 44 MAGNUM , 46O, 500, DESERT EAGLE , YOU COULD BLOW THE CHILD SHOOTERS HEAD OFF CLEAN.
HEAD DROPS TO THE GROUND & HE IS FUCKING DEAD.
CHILDREN LIVE.
PRETTY SIMPLE REALLY.

Sorry, I like You.
But You can kill many ways.
Fastest way to kill a psycho wanting to kill all is with your gun firing back.

87vette81big is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2012, 05:56 PM   #48
92Roadster
 
Posts: 11,227
Member #36181
Member since: Jun 2005

Thanks: 321
Thanked 334 Times in 219 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blckslvr79 View Post
Sure I did.

How long do you wipe your ass after its already clean?

You're kind of beating a dead horse since we discussed that one a week ago and I believe I gave more than my opinion on the subject at that time. Did you not read all those threads? Is reading your enemy? First you don't like/agree with the book I linked to, so you disregard it. Then you don't like the way the 300 post threads went last week, so you disregard those too. Reading is your friend. Reading opens minds.

....I believe you gave me BS nothing more.....

....see that's your problem, people have to agree with you
there is no other reasoning
....

....I never said anything like that.....

....maybe your not reading the right material...
92Roadster is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2012, 06:05 PM   #49
92Roadster
 
Posts: 11,227
Member #36181
Member since: Jun 2005

Thanks: 321
Thanked 334 Times in 219 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blckslvr79 View Post
Making light? No.
Just pointing out there is no distance an unpatriotic Second Amendment grabbing leftist won't go to steal rights away from honest law abiding citizens. Again, show us how making any of these weapons illegal would have prevented the death and destruction that happened? You can't. So you'll continue to ramble on about the poor children.

Criminals will be criminals.
....it's amazing how YOU insert foot in mouth.....

....so you actually don't see how you make light of a tragedy
for you defense of the 2nd Amendment....

...just so you know, those references I made came from your
past post....
92Roadster is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2012, 06:05 PM   #50
blckslvr79
 
blckslvr79's Avatar
 
Posts: 19,303
Member #67576
Member since: Nov 2007
Location: Schererville, IN

My Corvette(s)
1979 L82 4speed

Thanks: 858
Thanked 300 Times in 249 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 92Roadster View Post
....I believe you gave me BS nothing more.....

....see that's your problem, people have to agree with you
there is no other reasoning
....

....I never said anything like that.....

....maybe your not reading the right material...
You really need to get off the psychedelics maaaan! All the colors are just getting old.

Agree with me? No. But "reasoning" takes common sense, and that is something the "anti-gun" people are seriously lacking.

If you read the posts from last week, you'd be very aware of my stance on the Second Amendment and would not need to keep rehashing that topic. Thank you. Can we keep the subjects moving forward or do we continuously need to have remedial classes to keep everyone up to date?

I said reading opens minds, and you say I must be reading the wrong material??? Really? Wow. I'm speachless on that one.
I'm glad I'm not reading what you do.


You totally disregarded the source I linked because you could not disprove it. So you ignore it. Who's the one that always has to be right???
blckslvr79 is offline   Quick reply to this message
I'm taking care of my procrastination issues, just you wait and see.
Old 12-26-2012, 06:07 PM   #51
blckslvr79
 
blckslvr79's Avatar
 
Posts: 19,303
Member #67576
Member since: Nov 2007
Location: Schererville, IN

My Corvette(s)
1979 L82 4speed

Thanks: 858
Thanked 300 Times in 249 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 92Roadster View Post
....it's amazing how YOU insert foot in mouth.....

....so you actually don't see how you make light of a tragedy
for you defense of the 2nd Amendment....

...just so you know, those references I made came from your
past post....
You need to read a little closer and maybe try some new type of books. I've got to head out now, but I'll be sure to check back later.

...by the way, I'm not the one that repeatedly brought the victims into the subject.
blckslvr79 is offline   Quick reply to this message
I'm taking care of my procrastination issues, just you wait and see.
Old 12-26-2012, 06:09 PM   #52
87vette81big
DC Crew
 
87vette81big's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,749
Member #117927
Member since: Nov 2011
Location: IL

My Corvette(s)
1987 Corvette Convertible

Thanks: 236
Thanked 96 Times in 88 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87vette81big View Post
the only way to stop a bad guy with a gun of any sort spraying bullets with a mission to kill all is to have a good guy shooting back into the pysco's chest & head.

With a 44 magnum , 46o, 500, desert eagle , you could blow the child shooters head off clean.
Head drops to the ground & he is fucking dead.
Children live.
Pretty simple really.

Sorry, i like you.
But you can kill many ways.
Fastest way to kill a psycho wanting to kill all is with your gun firing back.

t.t.t.
87vette81big is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2012, 06:27 PM   #53
92Roadster
 
Posts: 11,227
Member #36181
Member since: Jun 2005

Thanks: 321
Thanked 334 Times in 219 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blckslvr79 View Post
You really need to get off the psychedelics maaaan! All the colors are just getting old
.....see I'll even give you your way with use of colors if it
makes YOU happy....
92Roadster is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2012, 06:41 PM   #54
92Roadster
 
Posts: 11,227
Member #36181
Member since: Jun 2005

Thanks: 321
Thanked 334 Times in 219 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blckslvr79 View Post
Making light? No.
Just pointing out there is no distance an unpatriotic Second Amendment grabbing leftist won't go to steal rights away from honest law abiding citizens. Again, show us how making any of these weapons illegal would have prevented the death and destruction that happened? You can't. So you'll continue to ramble on about the poor children.

Criminals will be criminals.
...so how did you become the "Patriotic" non leftist law abiding citizen.....
92Roadster is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2012, 06:46 PM   #55
92Roadster
 
Posts: 11,227
Member #36181
Member since: Jun 2005

Thanks: 321
Thanked 334 Times in 219 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blckslvr79 View Post
You need to read a little closer and maybe try some new type of books. I've got to head out now, but I'll be sure to check back later.

...by the way, I'm not the one that repeatedly brought the victims into the subject.
...maybe your right, that I brought the inserts of the Sandy
Hook incident to light here....

....but I'm not the one that repeatedly makes light of the 22
children.....(twice as of today)
92Roadster is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2012, 06:52 PM   #56
92Roadster
 
Posts: 11,227
Member #36181
Member since: Jun 2005

Thanks: 321
Thanked 334 Times in 219 Posts
....why do people post as if it's 100% accurate that it would
happen as "text book" with a gun in hand.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87vette81big View Post
The only way to stop a bad guy with a gun of any sort spraying bullets with a mission to kill all IS TO HAVE A GOOD GUY SHOOTING BACK INTO THE PYSCO'S CHEST & HEAD.

WITH A 44 MAGNUM , 46O, 500, DESERT EAGLE , YOU COULD BLOW THE CHILD SHOOTERS HEAD OFF CLEAN.
HEAD DROPS TO THE GROUND & HE IS FUCKING DEAD.
CHILDREN LIVE.
PRETTY SIMPLE REALLY.

Sorry, I like You.
But You can kill many ways.
Fastest way to kill a psycho wanting to kill all is with your gun firing back.

92Roadster is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2012, 06:54 PM   #57
Vette_Newb
The Copy/Paste King
 
Vette_Newb's Avatar
 
Posts: 26,719
Member #6180
Member since: Dec 2003
Location: In The Sticks

My Corvette(s)
1989 L98 Coupe

Thanks: 460
Thanked 434 Times in 337 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 92Roadster View Post
....absolutely not, okay let me ask you this; because he took
the lives of adults and children in his drug induced craze
you feel that no control is warranted period and (if) you wanted
a belt fed M60 machine gun you could have that option to buy
one feeling it important to the safety of your family and/or
property...
There are controls, you cannot run down to the hardware store and buy a belt fed, or any other automatic weapon. To obtain a Class3 weapon you must get permission from the ATF, and there is a significant wait period as they don't hand those tax stamps out lightly. Then you have to factor in the cost of an automatic weapon. People I know that have went through the procedure generally wait 3-9 months and spend $10-20k for the gun itself. Those guns aren't going to be found at a crime scene. You cannot buy destructive devices (grenades etc.) without a Class 3 tax stamp. The bs put out by this administration and the media about people running around with automatic assault weapons is complete crap.

The guy used a gun that is physically similar to a military rifle, but it is missing some key parts. Many "normal looking" hunting rifles share the exact same functional traits as the "evil black gun" that this psycho used, but would never be part of an "assault weapon" ban. Just like this one wasn't..

Besides, it don't matter what tool is used, it's all about the tool using it.
Vette_Newb is online now   Quick reply to this message
Fascism is a religion of the state. It assumes the organic unity of the body politic and longs for a national leader attuned to the will of the people. It is totalitarian in that it views everything as political and holds that any action by the state is justified to achieve the common good. It takes responsibility for all aspects of life, including our health and well-being, and seeks to impose uniformity of thought and action, whether by force or through regulation and social pressure. Everything, including economy and religion, must be aligned with its objectives.
Old 12-26-2012, 06:58 PM   #58
92Roadster
 
Posts: 11,227
Member #36181
Member since: Jun 2005

Thanks: 321
Thanked 334 Times in 219 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vette_Newb View Post
He repeated the NRA's call to place an armed guard in every school and argued that prosecuting criminals and fixing the mental health system, rather than gun control, were the solutions to America's mass shooting epidemic.
....taking it back to the OP

....he left out putting armed guards in every single building or area were people can gather or work......
92Roadster is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2012, 07:04 PM   #59
92Roadster
 
Posts: 11,227
Member #36181
Member since: Jun 2005

Thanks: 321
Thanked 334 Times in 219 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vette_Newb View Post
There are controls, you cannot run down to the hardware store and buy a belt fed, or any other automatic weapon. To obtain a Class3 weapon you must get permission from the ATF, and there is a significant wait period as they don't hand those tax stamps out lightly. Then you have to factor in the cost of an automatic weapon. People I know that have went through the procedure generally wait 3-9 months and spend $10-20k for the gun itself. Those guns aren't going to be found at a crime scene. You cannot buy destructive devices (grenades etc.) without a Class 3 tax stamp. The bs put out by this administration and the media about people running around with automatic assault weapons is complete crap.

The guy used a gun that is physically similar to a military rifle, but it is missing some key parts. Many "normal looking" hunting rifles share the exact same functional traits as the "evil black gun" that this psycho used, but would never be part of an "assault weapon" ban. Just like this one wasn't..

Besides, it don't matter what tool is used, it's all about the tool using it.
......now I'm talking to a reasonable person....

.....I think it comes down to if a high power weapon is used
had it not been available would it make it harder to do what
happened in Conn. or the other places...

.....do YOU think that some control is necessary....
92Roadster is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2012, 07:05 PM   #60
Vette_Newb
The Copy/Paste King
 
Vette_Newb's Avatar
 
Posts: 26,719
Member #6180
Member since: Dec 2003
Location: In The Sticks

My Corvette(s)
1989 L98 Coupe

Thanks: 460
Thanked 434 Times in 337 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 92Roadster View Post
....taking it back to the OP

....he left out putting armed guards in every single building or area were people can gather or work......
Life is a risk. There is nothing anyone's nanny state can do to protect you.

But with children, it's is complete stupidity to put them in little rooms and then advertise that there is no one, and no way to defend them.

In fact, the school districts are complicit in the crime by limiting people's right to self defense.
Vette_Newb is online now   Quick reply to this message
Fascism is a religion of the state. It assumes the organic unity of the body politic and longs for a national leader attuned to the will of the people. It is totalitarian in that it views everything as political and holds that any action by the state is justified to achieve the common good. It takes responsibility for all aspects of life, including our health and well-being, and seeks to impose uniformity of thought and action, whether by force or through regulation and social pressure. Everything, including economy and religion, must be aligned with its objectives.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (12 CHARACTERS MAXIMUM), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:06 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
2003-2011, DigitalCorvettes.com - All Rights Reserved