No Hope, No Change For The Blacks - Page 3 - Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums
 
 
Go Back   Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums > Other Discussions/Topics > Stingray's "Bad Shark" Lounge
Register Forums Garage Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Notices

Stingray's "Bad Shark" Lounge Welcome to our seriously OFF TOPIC discussion forum section! Open 24-hours a day since 2003.

Shops/Tuners
Custom Image Corvettes
A&A Corvette
Corvette tuner

Interior
Corvette aftermarket products

Insurance

Parts & Products
Race Ramps
Edelbrock
ATI/Procharger
Corvetteguys.com
Melrose Motorsports
Parts Taxi
Airaid
Mid America Motorworks
Pfadt Racing
Madvette Motorsports
Hi-tech Custom Concepts
Corvette aftermarket products
Corvette Garage
Corvette Parts and Accessories
Corvette Car Care Products
Corvette HID
Mid America Motoroworks

Tracks/Schools
Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving
Corvette driving school

Wheels/Tires
Cray Wheels

Services
BADWERKS.com
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2013, 08:59 AM   #31
Front Runner
DC Crew
 
Front Runner's Avatar
 
Posts: 40
Member #117837
Member since: Oct 2011
Location: Edge of Insanity

Thanks: 3
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Delivery issue:

It's very obvious that the person in the video has a serious bone to pick with some blacks even though he's black. This is apparent when he immediately starts calling these other blacks derogatory names such as: savages, bubbleheads, and refering to them as "these negros", etc. His subject matter does have merit but he actually belittles his own arguement because his objectivity can easily be called in to question.

Subject matter:

He states that many blacks voted for Obama only because he's black but I have many friends who voted against BO for that same reason. Let's face it, many people have a negative image of black people. I would dare say that just as many (if not more) people voted against BO because of his skin color and for no other reason only. Some of them are on government assistance which the Repubs want to cut into but there was no way they would vote for Obama for any reason. So the arguement of skin color voting is easily nullified (while yet true) and did not change to course or outcome of this past election.
Front Runner is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
_____________________


C7 Stingray Corvette - Coming to a garage near me............
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-01-2013, 12:58 PM   #32
c6vettedude
DC Crew
 
c6vettedude's Avatar
 
Posts: 511
Member #120057
Member since: Oct 2012

Thanks: 1
Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by raidmagic View Post
Well I don't think they refer to themselves as such and I never discounted anyone as a "real American" but please do tell them I say hello and thank them from me for their service. Any man willing to enlist in the military is a hero in my book.
Will do! But as an African-American who's served in the military, and who's worked side-by-side with the military for the last 9 years, I can tell you that you are dead wrong my friend! Interestingly enough though, it's only whites who take issue with how we (blacks) reference ourselves...hhmm. It's not an issue among blacks at all.

I've travelled the world far and wide and I have friends of all religions and sub-factions, races, ethnicites and so on, and NOT ONE takes issue with how I label myself, nor do I take issue with how they label themselves. That's what TRUE friendship is all about.

I also wonder how the Native Americans feel about whites calling themselves Americans?? Do they consider all other races that inhabit the country "Real" Americans?? Hmmm.
c6vettedude is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
2006 Blk C6 vert w/A&A Supercharger kit w/V3 upgrade, Random Tech ceramic-coated LT headers w/hi-flo cats and Corsa Extreme exhaust. New dyno #'s 611rwhp/583tq
Old 01-01-2013, 01:19 PM   #33
c6vettedude
DC Crew
 
c6vettedude's Avatar
 
Posts: 511
Member #120057
Member since: Oct 2012

Thanks: 1
Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Front Runner View Post
Delivery issue:

It's very obvious that the person in the video has a serious bone to pick with some blacks even though he's black. This is apparent when he immediately starts calling these other blacks derogatory names such as: savages, bubbleheads, and refering to them as "these negros", etc. His subject matter does have merit but he actually belittles his own arguement because his objectivity can easily be called in to question.

Subject matter:

He states that many blacks voted for Obama only because he's black but I have many friends who voted against BO for that same reason. Let's face it, many people have a negative image of black people. I would dare say that just as many (if not more) people voted against BO because of his skin color and for no other reason only. Some of them are on government assistance which the Repubs want to cut into but there was no way they would vote for Obama for any reason. So the arguement of skin color voting is easily nullified (while yet true) and did not change to course or outcome of this past election.
...and by the numbers, whites receive welfare in incredible amounts. I'd also say that no matter what color, race or sex you are, there are people who do not like you for whatever reasons.

For those who pass this video around, my question would be, "what's the real motivation"??
c6vettedude is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
2006 Blk C6 vert w/A&A Supercharger kit w/V3 upgrade, Random Tech ceramic-coated LT headers w/hi-flo cats and Corsa Extreme exhaust. New dyno #'s 611rwhp/583tq
Old 01-01-2013, 01:54 PM   #34
raidmagic
DC Crew
 
raidmagic's Avatar
 
Posts: 32,520
Member #1067
Member since: May 2003
Location: Brandon, FL.

My Corvette(s)
Rare 1987 bright red

Thanks: 34
Thanked 115 Times in 85 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by c6vettedude View Post
Will do! But as an African-American who's served in the military, and who's worked side-by-side with the military for the last 9 years, I can tell you that you are dead wrong my friend! Interestingly enough though, it's only whites who take issue with how we (blacks) reference ourselves...hhmm. It's not an issue among blacks at all.

I've travelled the world far and wide and I have friends of all religions and sub-factions, races, ethnicites and so on, and NOT ONE takes issue with how I label myself, nor do I take issue with how they label themselves. That's what TRUE friendship is all about.

I also wonder how the Native Americans feel about whites calling themselves Americans?? Do they consider all other races that inhabit the country "Real" Americans?? Hmmm.

Maybe I'm not making myself clear here and I'm sorry if I'm not but I have no issue with what black people chose to call themselves. I don't care if you want to call yourself a moon man it's your call but when I'm born in America that makes me an American. The caveat there is the parents being a citizen of country X and being in country Y when their child is born they are still citizens of country X. To fragment further is just unnecessary.

IMO if your black, white, yellow...whatever if you were born here you are American. Maybe all the sub titles are the reason for continued racism...


One last thing, when you have a group-(more than one) black people and they are having a conversation with each other do you really think they refer to themselves as African Americans or just black people.

Example:

Guy 1: "Hey see that guy over there?"
Guy 2: "Which guy? There's 6 guys over there."
Guy 1: "The black guy"..

Or Guy 1: "The African American"


If I'm not being clear lets just agree to disagree I have no problems with you and don't care to argue any further.
raidmagic is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Sampson 9/22/97-1/1/05




Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read


Florida muscle car enthusiast click here
Old 01-01-2013, 04:09 PM   #35
c6vettedude
DC Crew
 
c6vettedude's Avatar
 
Posts: 511
Member #120057
Member since: Oct 2012

Thanks: 1
Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by raidmagic View Post
Maybe I'm not making myself clear here and I'm sorry if I'm not but I have no issue with what black people chose to call themselves. I don't care if you want to call yourself a moon man it's your call but when I'm born in America that makes me an American. The caveat there is the parents being a citizen of country X and being in country Y when their child is born they are still citizens of country X. To fragment further is just unnecessary.

IMO if your black, white, yellow...whatever if you were born here you are American. Maybe all the sub titles are the reason for continued racism...


One last thing, when you have a group-(more than one) black people and they are having a conversation with each other do you really think they refer to themselves as African Americans or just black people.

Example:

Guy 1: "Hey see that guy over there?"
Guy 2: "Which guy? There's 6 guys over there."
Guy 1: "The black guy"..

Or Guy 1: "The African American"


If I'm not being clear lets just agree to disagree I have no problems with you and don't care to argue any further.
You say you don't care what black people call themselves, but didn't you state earlier that it was a pet peeve of yours that we use "American" vice "African-American"?? Your words...not mine.

As for ongoing racism, it will always go on and I don't really care about individuals who are prejudiced, racists or whatever,... my issue are with govt. policies that have and continue to try and subjugate blacks.

...yes, many times we refer to other as that "black guy or dude, or brotha etc., African Amerian is just another label that many choose to use...or not. It's simply used to identify family roots... which apparenlty isn't a problem for the govt., since the term "African American" is used on many applications as well.

No problem at all with agreeing to disagree, Just giving some insight from an African American prospective... given the video and it's content. Sometimes a debate comes down to agreeing to disagree, and that's a good thing, and a mature way for adults to handle disagreements. Don't get me wrong, I definitely see your side of the coin as well.
c6vettedude is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
2006 Blk C6 vert w/A&A Supercharger kit w/V3 upgrade, Random Tech ceramic-coated LT headers w/hi-flo cats and Corsa Extreme exhaust. New dyno #'s 611rwhp/583tq
Old 01-01-2013, 04:47 PM   #36
ArKay99
 
ArKay99's Avatar
 
Posts: 10,334
Member #43955
Member since: Mar 2006
Location: Indian Rocks Beach, FL, USA

My Corvette(s)
1999 FRC - 2009 Z06

Thanks: 233
Thanked 373 Times in 244 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by c6vettedude View Post
Interestingly enough though, it's only whites who take issue with how we (blacks) reference ourselves...hhmm. It's not an issue among blacks at all.
What I said in my post above. I can tell you that being white in a 'mixed crowd' (how else do I put it?), most whites (the ones that aren't racist) are acutely aware of black 'colloquialisms' and who gets to use them and how they are used. What would happen if I were to walk into a room of 'brothers' and start using the 'n' word? I can't even use it in private with my family, the thought of using it makes my skin crawl. For the same reason I can't know what it's like to be black, you can't know what it's like to be white. I also find that concept to be a dichotomy of common sense. Why should it even matter? Racism...
It's not confined to whites...although we get blamed for it more. What is it? I think it's a combination of prejudice (pre-judging) and disrespect.

And as far as blacks not taking issue with how you reference yourselves, how do you reference a conservative black man or woman?

Quote:
Originally Posted by c6vettedude View Post
I've travelled the world far and wide and I have friends of all religions and sub-factions, races, ethnicites and so on, and NOT ONE takes issue with how I label myself, nor do I take issue with how they label themselves. That's what TRUE friendship is all about.
wurd
Quote:
Originally Posted by c6vettedude View Post
I also wonder how the Native Americans feel about whites calling themselves Americans?? Do they consider all other races that inhabit the country "Real" Americans?? Hmmm.
You went and did it there... 'The Native Americans'

Quote:
Originally Posted by c6vettedude View Post
and by the numbers, whites receive welfare in incredible amounts. I'd also say that no matter what color, race or sex you are, there are people who do not like you for whatever reasons.
That may be true, but the guy in the video was taking issue with members of his race that behave in a dependent way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by c6vettedude View Post
For those who pass this video around, my question would be, "what's the real motivation"??
Well, for me, there's the notion that there's blacks that recognize a problem with being 'all in' with a certain philosophy, i.e. the DNC, and depending on that to get through life, rather than taking charge of your own life. I see no problem with somebody wanting to inspire others to try a better way... Can you provide contradictory data to this guy? Like I said in my previous post, he's pointing out that blacks being dependent on the government for their sustanence and prolonging that dependence by subscribing to the DNC's policies hasn't fixed the problems he's outlined, even voting 95% for Obama, who hasn't done anything to fix those problems.
ArKay99 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Extreme taxation, excessive controls, oppressive government competition with business, frustrated minorities and forgotten Americans are not the products of free enterprise. They are the residue of centralized bureaucracy, of government by a self-anointed elite. - Ronald Reagan
Old 01-01-2013, 05:36 PM   #37
c6vettedude
DC Crew
 
c6vettedude's Avatar
 
Posts: 511
Member #120057
Member since: Oct 2012

Thanks: 1
Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArKay99 View Post
What I said in my post above. I can tell you that being white in a 'mixed crowd' (how else do I put it?), most whites (the ones that aren't racist) are acutely aware of black 'colloquialisms' and who gets to use them and how they are used. What would happen if I were to walk into a room of 'brothers' and start using the 'n' word? I can't even use it in private with my family, the thought of using it makes my skin crawl. For the same reason I can't know what it's like to be black, you can't know what it's like to be white. I also find that concept to be a dichotomy of common sense. Why should it even matter? Racism...
It's not confined to whites...although we get blamed for it more. What is it? I think it's a combination of prejudice (pre-judging) and disrespect.

And as far as blacks not taking issue with how you reference yourselves, how do you reference a conservative black man or woman?


wurd

You went and did it there... 'The Native Americans'


That may be true, but the guy in the video was taking issue with members of his race that behave in a dependent way.

Well, for me, there's the notion that there's blacks that recognize a problem with being 'all in' with a certain philosophy, i.e. the DNC, and depending on that to get through life, rather than taking charge of your own life. I see no problem with somebody wanting to inspire others to try a better way... Can you provide contradictory data to this guy? Like I said in my previous post, he's pointing out that blacks being dependent on the government for their sustanence and prolonging that dependence by subscribing to the DNC's policies hasn't fixed the problems he's outlined, even voting 95% for Obama, who hasn't done anything to fix those problems.
I don't have an issue with black conservatives at all,... I have issues with all politicians in general. Though I will say that unfortunately, black conservatives aren't truly welcome in the Pub Party. A lot of folks in the party may pay lip service to the notion, but when you look at the numbers of non-whites in the party, it's pretty obvious.

Also, I'd say too that blacks are really, really conservative by nature, but it's always been economic issues that have pushed blacks to the DNC. Whether you belive that the Pubs are for big business or not, the notion is definitely there, and since fewer blacks own a large business and the majority are working class, being able to eat trumps the social issues.

Race has always played a part in policy as well as politics. Both parties have always given what they could to their voters...that's just the nature of politics. It's always been this way. But the historical stereotype of the lazy "black" person is always played in politics...with codewords like "welfare" and "food stamps". It's ironic that a people who built this country and helped to make it rich,... through slave labor, has always carried the label of being lazy.

As for the "n" word, I'm surprised that this guy didn't use IT as well...being that he's seems to be trying to embarass blacks, rather than to educate. A lot of blacks do use the 'n' word when talking to each other, sometimes in a derogatory way, and sometimes in an affectionate way. All groups have similar terms (including whites) that they use in the same ways...so that's just not unique to blacks.

Yes, racism and prejudice are not limited to one group, but there is a difference in the two. With racism, your power and authority is used to quell or suppress another groups progress... and let's face it, how many blacks own companies in which they can use their dislike, or hatred of whites to suppress them??

On the hand, you could say that ALL people are racist,.. or at least most of them. Racism was also a term that was used centuries ago to describe a "Race" to the top.... and hey, doesn't everyone want their race to be first?? That's another ball of wax though lol.

As for the Native American bit, I was responding to raidmagic on his notion of being "American", and given the history...though ugly, I thought it was a valid question. Afterall, what's a debate if it only has easy questions?

As for the number this guy is quoting, I'm not sure what the exact numbers are, but I do know that the govt. and political media put out numbers that benefit them. Personally, I think the establishment want blacks to feel that all is lost when they reel out all these "gloomy" stats. Which site did he get these stats from? Seems like a lot is being taken as "gospel" without a shred of proof. I'm mid-40's, and I've seen lots and lots of progress. How come no stats about the positive strides that blacks are making?

There are lots of things the govt can do to improve the quality of life for blacks, but let's face it, when did they all of a sudden find love for blacks lol. I've always said that handouts only cripple. It's simple, give inner-city schools the same amount of public funds that you give to surburban schools. Access to the same books, equipment etc... and that's really all it takes. There's a reason we weren't allowed to read for so many centuries in this country, and that's because education "evens" out the playing field.

Will stop there as I don't want this to turn into a book lol.
Good discussion nevertheless!
c6vettedude is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
2006 Blk C6 vert w/A&A Supercharger kit w/V3 upgrade, Random Tech ceramic-coated LT headers w/hi-flo cats and Corsa Extreme exhaust. New dyno #'s 611rwhp/583tq
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (12 CHARACTERS MAXIMUM), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:08 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
2003-2011, DigitalCorvettes.com - All Rights Reserved