President Obama Avoids the Fisical Cliff - Page 2 - Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums
 
 
Go Back   Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums > Other Discussions/Topics > News Room
Register Forums Garage Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Notices

News Room This section is for discussing current events.

Shops/Tuners
Custom Image Corvettes
A&A Corvette
Corvette tuner

Interior
Corvette aftermarket products

Insurance

Parts & Products
Race Ramps
Edelbrock
ATI/Procharger
Corvetteguys.com
Melrose Motorsports
Parts Taxi
Airaid
Mid America Motorworks
Pfadt Racing
Madvette Motorsports
Hi-tech Custom Concepts
Corvette aftermarket products
Corvette Garage
Corvette Parts and Accessories
Corvette Car Care Products
Corvette HID
Mid America Motoroworks

Tracks/Schools
Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving
Corvette driving school

Wheels/Tires
Cray Wheels

Services
BADWERKS.com
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2013, 11:34 AM   #16
blckslvr79
 
blckslvr79's Avatar
 
Posts: 19,474
Member #67576
Member since: Nov 2007
Location: Schererville, IN

My Corvette(s)
1979 L82 4speed

Thanks: 883
Thanked 306 Times in 255 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by C6 CRUZR View Post
Good God!
Most people stop drinking after New Years Day.
the machine must be on a binge that will last
the entire year.
Either that or he is just plain delusional.

I'd go with Delusional.

The self proclaimed Republican is on another of his Pro-Obama Rants.
blckslvr79 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
I'm taking care of my procrastination issues, just you wait and see.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-02-2013, 11:42 AM   #17
the machine
"Clown"
 
the machine's Avatar
 
Posts: 8,745
Member #67421
Member since: Nov 2007
Location: Glen Gardner NJ USA

My Corvette(s)
1966 Big Block Vert, 2008 Z06, 1969 435 , 1959 vert. Non vette ...2011 CTS-V wgn, 2014 silverado

Thanks: 33
Thanked 60 Times in 52 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texdentist View Post
I think it depends on what you are talking about. The number of government employees? Maybe that has gone down, I don't know. But government expenditures? No way. Government spending has gone into hyper drive since Obama took office and Obamacare hasn't even hit yet. When it does, the needle will fall off of the guage..
Tex, you have to get out of the bubble. The only spending that has risen is due to the stimulas bill which extended unemployment benifits and cut evryones payroll taxes. The payroll taxes ended as you well know but the UE benifits were extended. Other than that government spending has gone down. Yes Obama care will cost more when it kicks in but if Obama is right it will eventualy lower costs quite a bit and that will save the government incredible amounts of money. If he is not right the Democrats will pay dearly and the pubs will be able to say they were right.
As for spending going into hyperdrive...it just isn't true. Our deficts have exploded because the economy took a huige nose dive and tax reciepts fell off sharply. At the same time the things the government offers to keep people out of the gutter in tough times kicks in automaticaly, so in a bad recession like we had you get the huge deficits we have had.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texdentist View Post
What???? What universe are you living in??? Obama has made it clear that he has no intention of making meaningful cuts of any kind. And he didn't play the Pubs like a fiddle. They simply had no cards to play. They will have more cards in the debt ceiling negotiations, but they still have the weaker hand. The Pubs want meaningful cuts -- any thinking person should want the same thing. But Obama only wants more redistribution. He will never agree to any cuts that are painful to anyone but the rich. And without painful cuts to everyone, our debt will continue to rise until no one will loan us money and we can't print any more without hyperinflation.
Obama has signaled that he is willing to make cuts. It is up to the republicans to offer something he will accept just as they did to Clinton. They should not act as though they are the boss, they are not. They should offer things that can be agreed upon by a bi-partisan group of people with the country's best interests in mind, not the next election. If they do this and Obama refuses then indeed the pubs can say this president will not work with them, but recent history shows things the other way around. Obama has offered things that even the pubs had introduced some years ago but when he offers it they vote no. That looks to the public like just obstructionism, and the pubs are paying for that.
the machine is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Welcome to the Machine...... (I'm still a clown) this from Ponch (second time) who is supposed to be a moderator on this site....but of course if you disagree with him this is the sort of thing he does. It is simply amazing that anyone would give a guy who is so obviously childish and spiteful a position of authority.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:43 AM   #18
blckslvr79
 
blckslvr79's Avatar
 
Posts: 19,474
Member #67576
Member since: Nov 2007
Location: Schererville, IN

My Corvette(s)
1979 L82 4speed

Thanks: 883
Thanked 306 Times in 255 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by the machine View Post
Obama has signaled that he is willing to make cuts.


Machine...I've got some ocean front property here in Indiana for you. It's a beautiful view.
blckslvr79 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
I'm taking care of my procrastination issues, just you wait and see.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:45 AM   #19
the machine
"Clown"
 
the machine's Avatar
 
Posts: 8,745
Member #67421
Member since: Nov 2007
Location: Glen Gardner NJ USA

My Corvette(s)
1966 Big Block Vert, 2008 Z06, 1969 435 , 1959 vert. Non vette ...2011 CTS-V wgn, 2014 silverado

Thanks: 33
Thanked 60 Times in 52 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blckslvr79 View Post

I'd go with Delusional.

The self proclaimed Republican is on another of his Pro-Obama Rants.
So who is delusional now????

Obama won son. We can fight him all the way and watch as our party withers away to nothing or we can make the best of a bad situation. Obama has been playing the pubs very well, and the election should be proof of that to anyone who isn't...well...delusional.
the machine is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Welcome to the Machine...... (I'm still a clown) this from Ponch (second time) who is supposed to be a moderator on this site....but of course if you disagree with him this is the sort of thing he does. It is simply amazing that anyone would give a guy who is so obviously childish and spiteful a position of authority.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:46 AM   #20
the machine
"Clown"
 
the machine's Avatar
 
Posts: 8,745
Member #67421
Member since: Nov 2007
Location: Glen Gardner NJ USA

My Corvette(s)
1966 Big Block Vert, 2008 Z06, 1969 435 , 1959 vert. Non vette ...2011 CTS-V wgn, 2014 silverado

Thanks: 33
Thanked 60 Times in 52 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blckslvr79 View Post


Machine...I've got some ocean front property here in Indiana for you. It's a beautiful view.
Maybe you should take your head out of the sand at the beach there that borders your "ocean".
the machine is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Welcome to the Machine...... (I'm still a clown) this from Ponch (second time) who is supposed to be a moderator on this site....but of course if you disagree with him this is the sort of thing he does. It is simply amazing that anyone would give a guy who is so obviously childish and spiteful a position of authority.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:51 AM   #21
Junkman2008
DC Pit Crew Boss
 
Junkman2008's Avatar
 
Posts: 25,738
Member #71977
Member since: Apr 2008
Location: Louisville, KY

My Corvette(s)
2001 Navy Blue Metallic Coupe

Thanks: 181
Thanked 583 Times in 462 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR BRNS C6 View Post
I think we should've went over the cliff. Going over the cliff would have given the Republicans their spending cuts and the Democrats their tax increases. Automatic compromise


Damn... you actually have a point!
Junkman2008 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"Marines - Making the other guy die for his country for over 200 years."
Old 01-02-2013, 11:54 AM   #22
blckslvr79
 
blckslvr79's Avatar
 
Posts: 19,474
Member #67576
Member since: Nov 2007
Location: Schererville, IN

My Corvette(s)
1979 L82 4speed

Thanks: 883
Thanked 306 Times in 255 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by the machine View Post
So who is delusional now????

Obama won son. We can fight him all the way and watch as our party withers away to nothing or we can make the best of a bad situation. Obama has been playing the pubs very well, and the election should be proof of that to anyone who isn't...well...delusional.
So he won? So what? No one is debating that fact.

Show us what he's cut or is willing to cut my delusional friend.
blckslvr79 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
I'm taking care of my procrastination issues, just you wait and see.
Old 01-02-2013, 12:02 PM   #23
the machine
"Clown"
 
the machine's Avatar
 
Posts: 8,745
Member #67421
Member since: Nov 2007
Location: Glen Gardner NJ USA

My Corvette(s)
1966 Big Block Vert, 2008 Z06, 1969 435 , 1959 vert. Non vette ...2011 CTS-V wgn, 2014 silverado

Thanks: 33
Thanked 60 Times in 52 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blckslvr79 View Post
So he won? So what? No one is debating that fact.

Show us what he's cut or is willing to cut my delusional friend.
This was his latest offer. The one Boehner said no to...


In his most recent proposal to resolve the fiscal showdown and reduce the budget deficit, President Barack Obama offers approximately 90 percent of the overall amount of spending cuts proposed in the bipartisan deficit reduction plan authored in 2010 by former Sen. Alan Simpson (R-WY) and former White House Chief of Staff Erskine Bowles—the co-chairs of the president’s 2010 fiscal commission. The proposed revenue increases in the president’s offer are about 60 percent of those proposed by Simpson-Bowles.

With this proposal, President Obama is clearly trying to find a reasonable middle ground that both Republicans and Democrats can agree on. Given how often conservatives cite the Simpson-Bowles plan as a model of bipartisan compromise, only the most ideologically blinded lawmakers could reject a plan that has 90 percent of Simpson-Bowles spending cuts and 60 percent of the plan’s revenue for having too much revenue.

The Simpson-Bowles plan included about $2.7 trillion in noninterest spending cuts over the next 10 years, along with another $600 billion in cuts from reduced interest payments on the national debt, which together total $3.3 trillion in spending cuts. President Obama has already signed $1.7 trillion of spending cuts into law—including interest savings. His latest proposal offers another $1.2 trillion in additional spending cuts, for a total of $2.9 trillion. That’s nearly 90 percent of the total spending cuts proposed by Simpson-Bowles.

In addition to the overall amount of spending cuts, the president’s plan also proposes similar, though not precisely identical, cuts within budget categories:


If you take your head out of the sand, you will see that there is a chance at real solutions here but you have to actualy listen to someone other than people who simply want to piss you off.
the machine is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Welcome to the Machine...... (I'm still a clown) this from Ponch (second time) who is supposed to be a moderator on this site....but of course if you disagree with him this is the sort of thing he does. It is simply amazing that anyone would give a guy who is so obviously childish and spiteful a position of authority.
Old 01-02-2013, 12:11 PM   #24
blckslvr79
 
blckslvr79's Avatar
 
Posts: 19,474
Member #67576
Member since: Nov 2007
Location: Schererville, IN

My Corvette(s)
1979 L82 4speed

Thanks: 883
Thanked 306 Times in 255 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by the machine View Post
This was his latest offer. The one Boehner said no to...


In his most recent proposal to resolve the fiscal showdown and reduce the budget deficit, President Barack Obama offers approximately 90 percent of the overall amount of spending cuts proposed in the bipartisan deficit reduction plan authored in 2010 by former Sen. Alan Simpson (R-WY) and former White House Chief of Staff Erskine Bowles—the co-chairs of the president’s 2010 fiscal commission. The proposed revenue increases in the president’s offer are about 60 percent of those proposed by Simpson-Bowles.

With this proposal, President Obama is clearly trying to find a reasonable middle ground that both Republicans and Democrats can agree on. Given how often conservatives cite the Simpson-Bowles plan as a model of bipartisan compromise, only the most ideologically blinded lawmakers could reject a plan that has 90 percent of Simpson-Bowles spending cuts and 60 percent of the plan’s revenue for having too much revenue.

The Simpson-Bowles plan included about $2.7 trillion in noninterest spending cuts over the next 10 years, along with another $600 billion in cuts from reduced interest payments on the national debt, which together total $3.3 trillion in spending cuts. President Obama has already signed $1.7 trillion of spending cuts into law—including interest savings. His latest proposal offers another $1.2 trillion in additional spending cuts, for a total of $2.9 trillion. That’s nearly 90 percent of the total spending cuts proposed by Simpson-Bowles.

In addition to the overall amount of spending cuts, the president’s plan also proposes similar, though not precisely identical, cuts within budget categories:


If you take your head out of the sand, you will see that there is a chance at real solutions here but you have to actualy listen to someone other than people who simply want to piss you off.
Any article that used the words "reasonable middle ground" and "Obama" in the same article is obviously liberally slanted. Source? Your copy paste still does not give any examples of specific cuts as I asked for.
blckslvr79 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
I'm taking care of my procrastination issues, just you wait and see.
Old 01-02-2013, 12:25 PM   #25
C6 CRUZR
DC Crew
 
C6 CRUZR's Avatar
 
Posts: 576
Member #119297
Member since: Jul 2012
Location: United States - Ohio

My Corvette(s)
2005 Corvette Convertible

Thanks: 3
Thanked 65 Times in 45 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blckslvr79 View Post
Any article that used the words "reasonable middle ground" and "Obama" in the same article is obviously liberally slanted. Source? Your copy paste still does not give any examples of specific cuts as I asked for.
He copy and pasted from
the Center for American Progress which
is a "progressive" think tank run by a bunch of loons.

http://www.americanprogress.org/issu...n-bowles-plan/
C6 CRUZR is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
The Obamacare Health Exchanges Are Now Open In All 57 States -
Old 01-02-2013, 01:18 PM   #26
the machine
"Clown"
 
the machine's Avatar
 
Posts: 8,745
Member #67421
Member since: Nov 2007
Location: Glen Gardner NJ USA

My Corvette(s)
1966 Big Block Vert, 2008 Z06, 1969 435 , 1959 vert. Non vette ...2011 CTS-V wgn, 2014 silverado

Thanks: 33
Thanked 60 Times in 52 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blckslvr79 View Post
Any article that used the words "reasonable middle ground" and "Obama" in the same article is obviously liberally slanted. Source? Your copy paste still does not give any examples of specific cuts as I asked for.
Well the article does not specify them but some of the cuts come from changes in increases to entitlement programs. Others come from a 200 billion a year cut to be spread out evenly accross discretionary spending and the military. But these are well documented in many articles written. Of course the only articles you will accept are ones that say Obama is a communist muslim hell bent on destroying our country. I won't bother posting any parts of those articles since you have them all memorized.
the machine is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Welcome to the Machine...... (I'm still a clown) this from Ponch (second time) who is supposed to be a moderator on this site....but of course if you disagree with him this is the sort of thing he does. It is simply amazing that anyone would give a guy who is so obviously childish and spiteful a position of authority.
Old 01-02-2013, 01:36 PM   #27
blckslvr79
 
blckslvr79's Avatar
 
Posts: 19,474
Member #67576
Member since: Nov 2007
Location: Schererville, IN

My Corvette(s)
1979 L82 4speed

Thanks: 883
Thanked 306 Times in 255 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by the machine View Post
Well the article does not specify them but some of the cuts come from changes in increases to entitlement programs. Others come from a 200 billion a year cut to be spread out evenly accross discretionary spending and the military. But these are well documented in many articles written. Of course the only articles you will accept are ones that say Obama is a communist muslim hell bent on destroying our country. I won't bother posting any parts of those articles since you have them all memorized.
Again....you post no specifics.
blckslvr79 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
I'm taking care of my procrastination issues, just you wait and see.
Old 01-02-2013, 01:45 PM   #28
C6 CRUZR
DC Crew
 
C6 CRUZR's Avatar
 
Posts: 576
Member #119297
Member since: Jul 2012
Location: United States - Ohio

My Corvette(s)
2005 Corvette Convertible

Thanks: 3
Thanked 65 Times in 45 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by the machine View Post
Well the article does not specify them but some of the cuts come from changes
in increases to entitlement programs.
Others come from a 200 billion a year cut
to be spread out evenly accross discretionary
spending and the military.

US Budget for Dummies

* U.S. Tax revenue: $2,170,000,000,000
* Fed budget: $3,820,000,000,000
* New debt: $ 1,650,000,000,000
* National debt: $14,271,000,000,000
* Recent budget cuts: $ 38,500,000,000

Let’s now remove 8 zeros and pretend it’s a household budget:

* Annual family income: $21,700
* Money the family spent: $38,200
* New debt on the credit card: $16,500
* Outstanding balance on the credit card: $142,710
* Total budget cuts so far: $38.50


Any Questions?

p.s. - The "200 billion a year" cut that machine
mentions, is equivalent to about a
$200 cut in the household budget I described above.
It's like having a bucket full of sand and removing
two grains of sand from it and then claiming that
you reduced the amount of sand in the bucket.
C6 CRUZR is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
The Obamacare Health Exchanges Are Now Open In All 57 States -
Old 01-02-2013, 01:47 PM   #29
blckslvr79
 
blckslvr79's Avatar
 
Posts: 19,474
Member #67576
Member since: Nov 2007
Location: Schererville, IN

My Corvette(s)
1979 L82 4speed

Thanks: 883
Thanked 306 Times in 255 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by C6 CRUZR View Post
US Budget for Dummies

* U.S. Tax revenue: $2,170,000,000,000
* Fed budget: $3,820,000,000,000
* New debt: $ 1,650,000,000,000
* National debt: $14,271,000,000,000
* Recent budget cuts: $ 38,500,000,000

Let’s now remove 8 zeros and pretend it’s a household budget:

* Annual family income: $21,700
* Money the family spent: $38,200
* New debt on the credit card: $16,500
* Outstanding balance on the credit card: $142,710
* Total budget cuts so far: $38.50


Any Questions?

p.s. - The "200 billion a year" cut that machine
mentions, is equivalent to about a
$200 cut in the household budget I described above.
It's like having a bucket full of sand and removing
two grains of sand from it and then claiming that
you reduced the amount of sand in the bucket.
Yes, but now Machine is going to argue that that family has the power to print their own money, so it doesn't matter.
blckslvr79 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
I'm taking care of my procrastination issues, just you wait and see.
Old 01-02-2013, 01:53 PM   #30
the machine
"Clown"
 
the machine's Avatar
 
Posts: 8,745
Member #67421
Member since: Nov 2007
Location: Glen Gardner NJ USA

My Corvette(s)
1966 Big Block Vert, 2008 Z06, 1969 435 , 1959 vert. Non vette ...2011 CTS-V wgn, 2014 silverado

Thanks: 33
Thanked 60 Times in 52 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blckslvr79 View Post
Yes, but now Machine is going to argue that that family has the power to print their own money, so it doesn't matter.
Well I am not going to argue that a family has the power to print thier own money, because they cannot, and that is why comparing the family budget to the federal budget is simply stupid.

But lets say that it is a family budget. Now lets rename some of the debt for the sake of reality. After all the fed pays about 2.3% interest on the debt, and that is way closer to mortgage rates than credit card rates.

* Annual family income: $21,700
* Money the family spent: $38,200
* New debt on Home equity loan: $16,500
* Outstanding mortgage $142,710
* Total budget cuts so far: $38.50

Now we could certainly see that spending happening while dad was unemployed. But lets put him back to work. Now instead of his income being $21,700, it is back up to the 35K that it usualy was. The $16.5k they borrowed to make ends meet can be added into the 30 year mortgage and now their mortgage payment is about $500 a month or $6 k a year. Well that $6 k a year mortgage is well within reason for a family making $35k. So not a bad budget....especialy after a bad recesion.
the machine is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Welcome to the Machine...... (I'm still a clown) this from Ponch (second time) who is supposed to be a moderator on this site....but of course if you disagree with him this is the sort of thing he does. It is simply amazing that anyone would give a guy who is so obviously childish and spiteful a position of authority.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (12 CHARACTERS MAXIMUM), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:46 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
© 2003-2011, DigitalCorvettes.com - All Rights Reserved