Is it just me or does Christie sound like a whiney bitch? - Page 2 - Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums

Go Back   Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums > Other Discussions/Topics > News Room
Register Forums Garage Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Notices

News Room This section is for discussing current events.

Shops/Tuners
Custom Image Corvettes
A&A Corvette
Corvette tuner

Interior
Corvette aftermarket products

Insurance

Parts & Products
Race Ramps
Edelbrock
ATI/Procharger
Corvetteguys.com
Melrose Motorsports
Parts Taxi
Airaid
Mid America Motorworks
Pfadt Racing
Madvette Motorsports
Hi-tech Custom Concepts
Corvette aftermarket products
Corvette Garage
Corvette Parts and Accessories
Corvette Car Care Products
Corvette HID
Mid America Motoroworks

Tracks/Schools
Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving
Corvette driving school

Wheels/Tires
Cray Wheels

Services
BADWERKS.com

Old 01-03-2013, 09:31 AM   #16
c6vettedude
DC Crew

Member #120057

Won't help to blame the media... it is what it is. Also, don't forget FNC is "mainstream" media as well. Look at the viewership #'s. Sooner or late pubs will have to take responsiblity and stop blaming the media... OR NOT!

I thought this was supposed to be the party of taking responsiblity, but all I ever here is the constant whining about the media. Face it, there is left wing and right wing media..always has, always will be.

Sometimes things are just what they are, and no amount of whining or crying will change it. FNC does has always done it's best to make sure that BO looks like a bad guy, but that's there job as a right wing media outlet. There job is to make left wing politicans and supporters look like shit on the daily...this will NEVER change. There is no use in left wingers ......just as it's useless for right wingers to . All attempts to change the setup are futile.
c6vettedude is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
2006 Blk C6 vert w/A&A Supercharger kit w/V3 upgrade, Random Tech ceramic-coated LT headers w/hi-flo cats and Corsa Extreme exhaust. New dyno #'s 611rwhp/583tq
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2013, 09:50 AM   #17
Texdentist

Member #76657

My Corvette(s)
2013 Coupe, 2009 Coupe - traded, '74 Coupe totalled, '77 Coupe sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by c6vettedude View Post
Won't help to blame the media... it is what it is. Also, don't forget FNC is "mainstream" media as well. Look at the viewership #'s. Sooner or late pubs will have to take responsiblity and stop blaming the media... OR NOT!

I thought this was supposed to be the party of taking responsiblity, but all I ever here is the constant whining about the media. Face it, there is left wing and right wing media..always has, always will be.

Sometimes things are just what they are, and no amount of whining or crying will change it. FNC does has always done it's best to make sure that BO looks like a bad guy, but that's there job as a right wing media outlet. There job is to make left wing politicans and supporters look like shit on the daily...this will NEVER change. There is no use in left wingers ......just as it's useless for right wingers to . All attempts to change the setup are futile.
Yep. Sometimes things are just what they are, like you say. So why doesn't it get reported like it is? In this case, Senate Democrats packed the aid bill with pork and sent it to the House. And somehow, Boehner gets blamed for the lack of aid. It is what it is -- biased reporting. How about asking the Senate to put their pork in some other bill and submit the aid bill on it's own? It will pass in a heartbeat. That's all Boehner is asking.
Texdentist is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2013, 10:03 AM   #18
Texdentist

Member #76657

My Corvette(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the machine View Post
From everything I have read the pork that the house was upset about was money that was going to Alaska. Last I checked there is one senator from Alaska who is a democrat and one who is a republican. Both voted for the bill from what I have read. John McCain was pissed about funding for Amtrack, but withdrew his amendment when it was explained that amtrack sufferd lots of damage in the storm. But all that aside, lets not forget that every republican congress person from the northeast has come down hard on Boehner too. But they are satisfied now that Boehner has agreed to vote on $9 billion this week and the other $51 billion on the 15th. They also just happened today to voice there support for Boehner's reelection as speaker of the house.
"The legislation was packed with lardoons of federal spending of the old style. There was $150 million for fisheries in Mississippi and Alaska, $4 million for the Kennedy Space Center and $8 million for new cars for federal agencies.
In the days before perennial $1 trillion deficits, thatís how legislation was passed. Find something unobjectionable like sending aid to suffering hurricane victims and then turn it into a galleria of special-interest shopping. And, as was the case in the salad days of Washington spending, it was financed with deficit spending."

These are no longer the salad days. It's time for Washington to quit playing games. If aid is needed in the NE, make a bill and pass it on it's own. That's all I'm saying.
Old 01-03-2013, 10:17 AM   #19
the machine

Member #67421

My Corvette(s)
1966 Big Block Vert, 2008 Z06, 1969 435 , 1959 vert. Non vette ...2011 CTS-V wgn, 2014 silverado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texdentist View Post
"The legislation was packed with lardoons of federal spending of the old style. There was $150 million for fisheries in Mississippi and Alaska, $4 million for the Kennedy Space Center and $8 million for new cars for federal agencies.
In the days before perennial $1 trillion deficits, thatís how legislation was passed. Find something unobjectionable like sending aid to suffering hurricane victims and then turn it into a galleria of special-interest shopping. And, as was the case in the salad days of Washington spending, it was financed with deficit spending."

These are no longer the salad days. It's time for Washington to quit playing games. If aid is needed in the NE, make a bill and pass it on it's own. That's all I'm saying.
I agree completely Tex, but what you said is that the prok was pilled on by democrats....but where was the prok going???

From your own article it was going to Mississippi, Alaska, and Florida...all republican majority states. By the way the $8 million for federal agency cars was for cars that were flooded by Sandy.

Furthermore, even Eric Cantor had a plan to pass an amended bill that removed the pork and that would have passed easily, and was said to have plenty of support from the senate.

You need to stop saying the problem is only democrats...because you are only fooling yourself.

But most of all, Chris Christy and all of the Republican congressmen who said that boehner was wrong to stall this were right in saying that, and just because Boehner traded votes for his speakership for the funding does not make it better.....it makes it far worse.
the machine is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Welcome to the Machine....
Old 01-03-2013, 10:30 AM   #20
c6vettedude
DC Crew

Member #120057

Quote:
Yep. Sometimes things are just what they are, like you say. So why doesn't it get reported like it is? In this case, Senate Democrats packed the aid bill with pork and sent it to the House. And somehow, Boehner gets blamed for the lack of aid. It is what it is -- biased reporting. How about asking the Senate to put their pork in some other bill and submit the aid bill on it's own? It will pass in a heartbeat. That's all Boehner is asking.
Basically both sides are reporting to their respective audiences. Biased reporting is what the media does, why can't folks just accept that?? It's not going to change. You have right wing and left wing media. Why would anyone expect MSNBC to find favor with Bush and other Republican presidents? Why would anyone expect FNC to find favor with BO or democratic presidents? That's how it will always be. Complaining about how the media reports stuff is useless. There are plenty of media outlets out there who will tell you what you what you want to hear.
2006 Blk C6 vert w/A&A Supercharger kit w/V3 upgrade, Random Tech ceramic-coated LT headers w/hi-flo cats and Corsa Extreme exhaust. New dyno #'s 611rwhp/583tq
Old 01-03-2013, 11:42 AM   #21
Texdentist

Member #76657

My Corvette(s)

Quote:
Basically both sides are reporting to their respective audiences. Biased reporting is what the media does, why can't folks just accept that?? It's not going to change. You have right wing and left wing media. Why would anyone expect MSNBC to find favor with Bush and other Republican presidents? Why would anyone expect FNC to find favor with BO or democratic presidents? That's how it will always be. Complaining about how the media reports stuff is useless. There are plenty of media outlets out there who will tell you what you what you want to hear.
Here is what we have, and the obvious problem that Conservatives see, and Liberals deny.

LEFT WING MEDIA ------ RIGHT WING MEDIA

And the libs are apoplectic that the little right wing media even has a voice at all. They frequently call for legislation that would silence talk radio because no one wants to listen to left wing talk radio.
Old 01-03-2013, 11:48 AM   #22
c6vettedude
DC Crew

Member #120057

Quote:
Here is what we have, and the obvious problem that Conservatives see, and Liberals deny.

LEFT WING MEDIA ------ RIGHT WING MEDIA
I'm not a liberal or conservative, but I hear conservatives whining a great deal more about the media, as compared to liberals. FNC boast the biggest viewership on cable news for over the past decade, so why they bitch so much is just amazing to me. So who's in denial??
Old 01-03-2013, 12:07 PM   #23
the machine

Member #67421

My Corvette(s)
1966 Big Block Vert, 2008 Z06, 1969 435 , 1959 vert. Non vette ...2011 CTS-V wgn, 2014 silverado

Quote:
I'm not a liberal or conservative, but I hear conservatives whining a great deal more about the media, as compared to liberals. FNC boast the biggest viewership on cable news for over the past decade, so why they bitch so much is just amazing to me. So who's in denial??
And even by Tex's own admission there is no left wing talk radio. So Fox who also controls a lot of news papers and has the highest viewership on cable, is decidedly right leaning. And the right controls the radio waves. So why are they always bitching about the liberal media???

And in this thread, it was not the media calling Boehner out...it was a Republican governor and the Republican congressmen of the notheast. No media spun stories here just bitching from the inside. yet somhow it's the medias fault.
Old 01-03-2013, 12:37 PM   #24
c6vettedude
DC Crew

Member #120057

Quote:
And even by Tex's own admission there is no left wing talk radio. So Fox who also controls a lot of news papers and has the highest viewership on cable, is decidedly right leaning. And the right controls the radio waves. So why are they always bitching about the liberal media???

And in this thread, it was not the media calling Boehner out...it was a Republican governor and the Republican congressmen of the notheast. No media spun stories here just bitching from the inside. yet somhow it's the medias fault.
...and not only do the Murdoch's control right wing media in the states, but in the U.K. as well. I've been watching FNC for a long time, and once they started shouting "biased liberal media" from the hill tops a hundred x's a day, only then did you hear your average conservative mention it. Now you can't even have a conversation with a conservative without them mentioning the "evil liberal media".

My first question for conservatives would be, why in the hell do you listen to what the liberal media puts out?? You know that from jump street, you're going to disagree with whatever is said or written. So why not just stick to watching FNC and submitting links from right wing media outlets??
Old 01-03-2013, 12:40 PM   #25
Vette_Newb
The Copy/Paste King

Member #6180

My Corvette(s)
1989 L98 Coupe

Quote:
Cable viewership.. Conservatives don't have the benefit of ABCNBCCBS on broadcast news furthering our agenda, not to mention Hollywood, Social Media, etc.
Vette_Newb is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Fascism is a religion of the state. It assumes the organic unity of the body politic and longs for a national leader attuned to the will of the people. It is totalitarian in that it views everything as political and holds that any action by the state is justified to achieve the common good. It takes responsibility for all aspects of life, including our health and well-being, and seeks to impose uniformity of thought and action, whether by force or through regulation and social pressure. Everything, including economy and religion, must be aligned with its objectives.
Old 01-03-2013, 12:46 PM   #26
c6vettedude
DC Crew

Member #120057

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vette_Newb View Post
Cable viewership.. Conservatives don't have the benefit of ABCNBCCBS on broadcast news furthering our agenda, not to mention Hollywood, Social Media, etc.
I haven't known anyone for years who doesn't have cable..
Old 01-03-2013, 12:54 PM   #27
Vette_Newb
The Copy/Paste King

Member #6180

My Corvette(s)
1989 L98 Coupe

Quote:
I haven't known anyone for years who doesn't have cable..
1 channel vs 6. Simple math..
Vette_Newb is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Fascism is a religion of the state. It assumes the organic unity of the body politic and longs for a national leader attuned to the will of the people. It is totalitarian in that it views everything as political and holds that any action by the state is justified to achieve the common good. It takes responsibility for all aspects of life, including our health and well-being, and seeks to impose uniformity of thought and action, whether by force or through regulation and social pressure. Everything, including economy and religion, must be aligned with its objectives.
Old 01-03-2013, 12:56 PM   #28
the machine

Member #67421

My Corvette(s)

Quote:
And the liberal side doesn't have religion to raise your children by. Frankly I think what hurts conservatives is there willingness to bring up politics at every social business or religious function. It turns people off and makes them resent us. It tunes them out to the message just like preaching religion turns lots of people off.
Old 01-03-2013, 12:58 PM   #29
c6vettedude
DC Crew

Member #120057

Quote:
1 channel vs 6. Simple math..
simple math... FNC has a much larger viewship than all 6 combined! At least this is there disclaimer, So......
Old 01-03-2013, 01:06 PM   #30
c6vettedude
DC Crew

Member #120057

Quote:
And the liberal side doesn't have religion to raise your children by. Frankly I think what hurts conservatives is there willingness to bring up politics at every social business or religious function. It turns people off and makes them resent us. It tunes them out to the message just like preaching religion turns lots of people off.
FNC often finds itself delving into the business of religion. There's a reason why the "religious" make less money and are less educated. More and more people are ditching organized religion as they learn more about the origins of it, and really open their eyes to what it is used for.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (12 CHARACTERS MAXIMUM), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.