Re-elected with High Pessimism - Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums

Go Back   Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums > Other Discussions/Topics > News Room
Register Forums Garage Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Notices

News Room This section is for discussing current events.

Shops/Tuners
Custom Image Corvettes
A&A Corvette
Corvette tuner

Interior
Corvette aftermarket products

Insurance

Parts & Products
Race Ramps
Edelbrock
ATI/Procharger
Corvetteguys.com
Melrose Motorsports
Parts Taxi
Airaid
Mid America Motorworks
Pfadt Racing
Madvette Motorsports
Hi-tech Custom Concepts
Corvette aftermarket products
Corvette Garage
Corvette Parts and Accessories
Corvette Car Care Products
Corvette HID
Mid America Motoroworks

Tracks/Schools
Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving
Corvette driving school

Wheels/Tires
Cray Wheels

Services
BADWERKS.com

Old 01-02-2013, 03:16 PM   #1
blckslvr79

Member #67576

My Corvette(s)
1979 L82 4speed

Re-elected with High Pessimism

We live in an upside down world.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/p...-election.html

As President Barack Obama heads into his second term, he faces a pessimistic and weary public, according to a USA Today/Gallup poll released late Tuesday.

The percentage of Americans satisfied with the direction of the country stands at a paltry 23 percent in a poll taken Dec. 14-17. By a margin of 50 to 47 percent, respondents said the country's best years are over.

Fifty percent of respondents said it is somewhat or very unlikely that today's youth will have a better life than their parents.

That pessimism and negativity extends to the president, according to the poll.

When respondents were asked to choose adjectives to describe their feelings about the president's re-election, the poll showed the excitement and pride many Americans felt about the president's first term has diminished.

Sixty-seven percent of respondents in November 2008 said they felt optimistic about the president's election and the same percentage said it made them feel proud. Last month those numbers fell to 52 percent for optimistic and 48 percent for proud. Forty-three percent of Americans surveyed also said they feel pessimistic about the president's re-election and 36 percent said it made them feel afraidóboth increases from 2008.

The president's approval rating, however, hovered at the 50 percent threshold in the USA Today/Gallup survey. This is 1 percentage point above George W. Bush as he headed into his second term, but below the 58 percent rating held by Bill Clinton and 59 percent held by Ronald Reagan.

The poll's margin of error was plus or minus 4 percentage points.
blckslvr79 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
I'm taking care of my procrastination issues, just you wait and see.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2013, 03:33 PM   #2
Texdentist

Member #76657

My Corvette(s)
2013 Coupe, 2009 Coupe - traded, '74 Coupe totalled, '77 Coupe sold

What does it all mean? It means that the presidency was ripe for the picking, but the Pubs didn't have a decent candidate.
Texdentist is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2013, 03:37 PM   #3
blckslvr79

Member #67576

My Corvette(s)
1979 L82 4speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texdentist View Post
What does it all mean? It means that the presidency was ripe for the picking, but the Pubs didn't have a decent candidate.
I believe that's part of it. I believe it also says a lot about our values as a nation of voters.
Old 01-02-2013, 04:05 PM   #4
the machine

Member #67421

My Corvette(s)
1966 Big Block Vert, 2008 Z06, 1959 fuelie, 1959 vert. Non vette cars ...2011 CTS-V wagon, 2008 Humr

Ok lets take off the pub glasses for a second and look at this poll. 23% say we are heading in the wrong direction while 50 % have a farorable view of Obama. So wouldn't that tell you that the public is not happy with the bullshit going on in congress. Wouldn't that reenforce why Obama won. The public sees what is going on in the house and they don't like it. They don't give a shit what the pubs say anymore because they don't trust them. They also don't trust the dems in congress but that is not so much shown here as it is in other polls on congress. those polls have consistantly shown congresses approval in the single digits range.

If Obama got more cooperation from the pubs, you would see a marked increase in the popularity of congress and for the president. That may not sound like a good thing, but the only way the Pubs can ever regain the trust of the people is to show them that they are willing to do whatever it takes to fix the problems that people realy are concerned about. And as hard as Fox news has tried, the biggest problem for most people is not the debt, but unemployment and the economy. If we had gone over the fiscal cliff the Pubs would have paid dearly. If they hurt the economy by playing games with the debt cieling the Pubs will pay dearly. And that is not about selfishness, it is about what is important right now and what will be important later.
the machine is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Welcome to the Machine....
Old 01-02-2013, 04:12 PM   #5
blckslvr79

Member #67576

My Corvette(s)
1979 L82 4speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by the machine View Post
Ok lets take off the pub glasses for a second and look at this poll. 23% say we are heading in the wrong direction while 50 % have a farorable view of Obama. So wouldn't that tell you that the public is not happy with the bullshit going on in congress. Wouldn't that reenforce why Obama won. The public sees what is going on in the house and they don't like it. They don't give a shit what the pubs say anymore because they don't trust them. They also don't trust the dems in congress but that is not so much shown here as it is in other polls on congress. those polls have consistantly shown congresses approval in the single digits range.

If Obama got more cooperation from the pubs, you would see a marked increase in the popularity of congress and for the president. That may not sound like a good thing, but the only way the Pubs can ever regain the trust of the people is to show them that they are willing to do whatever it takes to fix the problems that people realy are concerned about. And as hard as Fox news has tried, the biggest problem for most people is not the debt, but unemployment and the economy. If we had gone over the fiscal cliff the Pubs would have paid dearly. If they hurt the economy by playing games with the debt cieling the Pubs will pay dearly. And that is not about selfishness, it is about what is important right now and what will be important later.
So the Pubs are meat heads that should just roll over and play dead for Lord Obama and his minions. Got it.
Old 01-02-2013, 04:59 PM   #6
PredatorC6
DC Crew

Member #115883

My Corvette(s)
C6

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texdentist View Post

The GOP hasn't fielded a decent canidate since Ronald Reagan.
PredatorC6 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Why do they call it "common sense" when, in fact, it has become so uncommon?

That's my opinion, it outta be your's.
Old 01-02-2013, 05:56 PM   #7
Vette_Newb
The Copy/Paste King

Member #6180

My Corvette(s)
1989 L98 Coupe

Romney 2012!

Vette_Newb is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Fascism is a religion of the state. It assumes the organic unity of the body politic and longs for a national leader attuned to the will of the people. It is totalitarian in that it views everything as political and holds that any action by the state is justified to achieve the common good. It takes responsibility for all aspects of life, including our health and well-being, and seeks to impose uniformity of thought and action, whether by force or through regulation and social pressure. Everything, including economy and religion, must be aligned with its objectives.
Old 01-03-2013, 07:27 AM   #8
blckslvr79

Member #67576

My Corvette(s)
1979 L82 4speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredatorC6 View Post
The GOP hasn't fielded a decent canidate since Ronald Reagan.
In addition they don't know how to play the game. The Democrats wipe the floor with them each election in marketing their own lies and misinformation. The Pubs message is off point, their candidates are always "the next guy in line who's time has come", and their marketing sucks.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:26 AM   #9
the machine

Member #67421

My Corvette(s)
1966 Big Block Vert, 2008 Z06, 1959 fuelie, 1959 vert. Non vette cars ...2011 CTS-V wagon, 2008 Humr

Quote:
Originally Posted by blckslvr79 View Post
In addition they don't know how to play the game. The Democrats wipe the floor with them each election in marketing their own lies and misinformation. The Pubs message is off point, their candidates are always "the next guy in line who's time has come", and their marketing sucks.
I bet your the kind of guy who complains about cheaters when you go down swinging in baseball or are beaten in poker. The adult way to deal with set backs is to analyze the situation and truthfully understand what you did wrong in that situation. Lying to yourself only makes you make the same mistakes over and over again. If only the Republican party could suddenly act like adults, there might be hope for their future. But sadly the closest most people in the party come to looking at ourselves is to say that we just didn't go far enough to the right....and that spells the doom of the Republican party.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:30 AM   #10
the machine

Member #67421

My Corvette(s)

Quote:
So the Pubs are meat heads that should just roll over and play dead for Lord Obama and his minions. Got it.
Have you ever played Chess??? Sometimes you have to sacrifice a few pawns or even your queen to eventualy win the game. But it is when you try to protect at all costs, that the cost is usualy the game.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:47 AM   #11
edtekk
DC Crew

Member #85086

My Corvette(s)
1973 coupe

Careful "the machine". Your head may burst soon!
edtekk is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2013, 10:52 AM   #12
blckslvr79

Member #67576

My Corvette(s)
1979 L82 4speed

Quote:
I bet your the kind of guy who complains about cheaters when you go down swinging in baseball or are beaten in poker. The adult way to deal with set backs is to analyze the situation and truthfully understand what you did wrong in that situation. Lying to yourself only makes you make the same mistakes over and over again. If only the Republican party could suddenly act like adults, there might be hope for their future. But sadly the closest most people in the party come to looking at ourselves is to say that we just didn't go far enough to the right....and that spells the doom of the Republican party.
How did you comprehend any of that from my statement???

Reading is fundamental son. Comprehension is a must.
Old 01-03-2013, 10:54 AM   #13
blckslvr79

Member #67576

My Corvette(s)
1979 L82 4speed

Quote:
Have you ever played Chess??? Sometimes you have to sacrifice a few pawns or even your queen to eventualy win the game. But it is when you try to protect at all costs, that the cost is usualy the game.
The problem with the pubs is they don't protect anything. Their pawns are gone, their queen was lost about 4 moves in, and their King is in the corner. You're right about one thing, they're about to lose the game.
Old 01-03-2013, 12:13 PM   #14
the machine

Member #67421

My Corvette(s)

Quote:
How did you comprehend any of that from my statement???

Reading is fundamental son. Comprehension is a must.
This is what you said "The Democrats wipe the floor with them each election in marketing their own lies and misinformation."

So what you are implying is that all of the democrat ideas are lies and misinformation. They couldn't be ideas people actualy resonate with.

So it cannot be that your a bad batter or bad at poker the other guys just cheat.....get my point.
Old 01-03-2013, 12:18 PM   #15
the machine

Member #67421

My Corvette(s)

Quote:
The problem with the pubs is they don't protect anything. Their pawns are gone, their queen was lost about 4 moves in, and their King is in the corner. You're right about one thing, they're about to lose the game.
That is because they tried protecting every pawn, by going against every idea Obama proposed. And they lost the Queen (Obama as a one term president) by protecting all those pawns. They could have given up some pawns and shown the people they were willing to work with Obama and that would probably have saved the queen....but now as you say the king is in the corner and the only hope is a stalemate.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (12 CHARACTERS MAXIMUM), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.