Is it just me or does Christie sound like a whiney bitch? - Page 5 - Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums

Go Back   Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums > Other Discussions/Topics > News Room
Register Forums Garage Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Notices

News Room This section is for discussing current events.

Shops/Tuners
Custom Image Corvettes
A&A Corvette
Corvette tuner

Interior
Corvette aftermarket products

Insurance

Parts & Products
Race Ramps
Edelbrock
ATI/Procharger
Corvetteguys.com
Melrose Motorsports
Parts Taxi
Airaid
Mid America Motorworks
Pfadt Racing
Madvette Motorsports
Hi-tech Custom Concepts
Corvette aftermarket products
Corvette Garage
Corvette Parts and Accessories
Corvette Car Care Products
Corvette HID
Mid America Motoroworks

Tracks/Schools
Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving
Corvette driving school

Wheels/Tires
Cray Wheels

Services
BADWERKS.com

Old 01-03-2013, 03:57 PM   #61
c6vettedude
DC Crew

Member #120057

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texdentist View Post
I haven't looked it up, but I'm guessing FOX doesn't outdraw ABC+NBC+CBS+MSNBC+CNN+NYT+LAT+HuffPost+W ashPost, etc, etc.
According to FOX they do. Huff + wash post are print media. There are tons more online and print media in favor of the conservatives...with the Drudge report leading the way.
c6vettedude is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
2006 Blk C6 vert w/A&A Supercharger kit w/V3 upgrade, Random Tech ceramic-coated LT headers w/hi-flo cats and Corsa Extreme exhaust. New dyno #'s 611rwhp/583tq
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2013, 04:02 PM   #62
the machine

Member #67421

My Corvette(s)
1966 Big Block Vert, 2008 Z06, 1969 435 , 1959 vert. Non vette ...2011 CTS-V wgn, 2014 silverado

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthAWM View Post
I would agree if this were an indefinite hold up but this was a short delay that would serve two functions.

1. Allow the bill to be considered by the current Congress not the past Congress .

2. Allow for an objective consideration for possible "pork" aspects of the bill.

Its not like current funding runs out today, or even next week. Beohner's statement on the issue wasn't no, it was not right now.

None of that matters to liberals they want what they perceive as theirs right now with no excuses.
Funding for Katrina was passed in ten days. Funding for Huricane Andrew took 25 days. Supper storm sandy hit 68 days ago but we should wait for Boner to make sure he can bend some arms and make sure he gets the speakership.

Remember....it was not liberals bitching about the hold up. It was the Key Note Speaker at the last Republican convention and all the rest of the Northeast Republican congressmen.

It simply amazes me how rediculous people like you are when it comes to politics. You love Christy when you think he has the best chance to beat Obama...but when he does his job for his state like all the other Governors who have been hit with natural disasters....he is suddenly a liberal.
the machine is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Welcome to the Machine....
Old 01-03-2013, 04:05 PM   #63
c6vettedude
DC Crew

Member #120057

Quote:
Originally Posted by blckslvr79 View Post
The left has bigger tits, longer legs, and a tighter ass than the Pubs.
I haven't heard anything from VFpreacher since he went down that lane and I had to drop Larry Craig on him.
Do you really want to revisit the long list of wanna-be "values" people in the GOP who got busted??

Conservatives can't even begin to see why the their party is in the state it's in.

As they continue to denigrate and make fun of others for being of a different color, sex, orientation, religion etc., you wonder why the GOP is in the . I know that some people say that they're just joking, but as they old saying goes, "After years of joking, you'll eventually realize that you weren't".
2006 Blk C6 vert w/A&A Supercharger kit w/V3 upgrade, Random Tech ceramic-coated LT headers w/hi-flo cats and Corsa Extreme exhaust. New dyno #'s 611rwhp/583tq
Old 01-03-2013, 04:09 PM   #64
DarthAWM
DC Crew

Member #83845

My Corvette(s)
2003 Torch Red 6 speed coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by the machine View Post
Funding for Katrina was passed in ten days. Funding for Huricane Andrew took 25 days. Supper storm sandy hit 68 days ago but we should wait for Boner to make sure he can bend some arms and make sure he gets the speakership.

Remember....it was not liberals bitching about the hold up. It was the Key Note Speaker at the last Republican convention and all the rest of the Northeast Republican congressmen.

It simply amazes me how rediculous people like you are when it comes to politics. You love Christy when you think he has the best chance to beat Obama...but when he does his job for his state like all the other Governors who have been hit with natural disasters....he is suddenly a liberal.
I have never loved Christie, personally I have always thought him a liberal Republican especially with him being governor of New Jersey.

Also 61 of those 68 days weren't this last week so again why was yesterday so fucking important for it to pass?

Don't worry about me being part of "your Republican party" this conservative has packed his bags and moved to the Libertarian movement.
DarthAWM is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
America is all about speed.
Hot, nasty, badass speed.
-Eleanore Roosevelt
Old 01-03-2013, 04:10 PM   #65
c6vettedude
DC Crew

Member #120057

Quote:

That's what happens when you view the world through FNC lenses. Perhaps as I mentioned before, that it has something to do with man's natural need to worship something. When you worship something or someone, "it" or "they" can never do NO wrong. At one time Christy was the darling of the party,...but now look
Old 01-03-2013, 04:19 PM   #66
the machine

Member #67421

My Corvette(s)
1966 Big Block Vert, 2008 Z06, 1969 435 , 1959 vert. Non vette ...2011 CTS-V wgn, 2014 silverado

Quote:
I have never loved Christie, personally I have always thought him a liberal Republican especially with him being governor of New Jersey.

Also 61 of those 68 days weren't this last week so again why was yesterday so fucking important for it to pass?:huh:

Don't worry about me being part of "your Republican party" this conservative has packed his bags and moved to the Libertarian movement.
Because businesses and people are out in the streets due to this storm. Businesses cannot start rebuilding until they know how much funding they will get. People are living in their cars and it has been about 15 dgrees for that last few nights. I know you want to prove your conservative chops to all, but you are standing up for a piece of shit who only held this up to make sure he was made speaker of the house again. And there are many conservatives who agree with Christy.

By the way your loyalty should serve the libertarian party well....untill you get sick of never winning an election....then where do you go???? OOOOOH OOOH I know you could become a Nazi party member....you would fit in nicely.
Old 01-03-2013, 04:30 PM   #67
c6vettedude
DC Crew

Member #120057

Quote:
but you are standing up for a piece of shit who only held this up to make sure he was made speaker of the house again. And there are many conservatives who agree with Christy.
I always thought that Christy was a guy who wouldn't let party loyalty get in the way of doing what's right. From what I could see, only those on the fringe didn't like him, and that's because he's willing to compromise.. has a backbone, and doesn't feel cowed into towing the party line on everything. There aren't many guys like him around, on the left or the right.
Old 01-03-2013, 07:38 PM   #68
DarthAWM
DC Crew

Member #83845

My Corvette(s)

Quote:
Because businesses and people are out in the streets due to this storm. Businesses cannot start rebuilding until they know how much funding they will get. People are living in their cars and it has been about 15 dgrees for that last few nights. I know you want to prove your conservative chops to all, but you are standing up for a piece of shit who only held this up to make sure he was made speaker of the house again. And there are many conservatives who agree with Christy.

By the way your loyalty should serve the libertarian party well....untill you get sick of never winning an election....then where do you go???? OOOOOH OOOH I know you could become a Nazi party member....you would fit in nicely.
Thanks for admitting I won. You know you have lost the argument when you have to resort to calling someone a Nazi, right?

Again, why was this funding not as important to you and Christie and Peter King in the first 67 days after Sandy as it was yesterday? And still it wasn't like anyone, me included has said that there should be no funding, just that maybe it shouldn't include funding for fisheries in ALASKA that were hard.. oh fuck I can't even satire that, its pork plain and simple and you can't even admit that getting a pet project attached to this funding is exactly like claiming to be the aunt of a Sandy Hook victim and soliciting donations.
-Eleanore Roosevelt
Old 01-03-2013, 10:05 PM   #69
StillCrazy
DC Crew

Member #44494

My Corvette(s)
06 COUPE,08 ZO6

I think Christie has every right to bitch. His state is hurting,after all this time people still are without the basic staples of life up there. He was promised aid from the republican party,Boehner pulled the plug for whatever the reason and didnīt even have the balls to call Christie and tell him why.
StillCrazy is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2013, 06:30 AM   #70
walleyfisher
DC Crew

Member #81755

My Corvette(s)
1974 coupe & 1984 coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillCrazy View Post
I think Christie has every right to bitch. His state is hurting,after all this time people still are without the basic staples of life up there. He was promised aid from the republican party,Boehner pulled the plug for whatever the reason and didnīt even have the balls to call Christie and tell him why.
You are aware the funds for storm relief have not evaporated (been all spent yet), the bill being passed is to fund it to keep going. NOBODY has been denied funds due to lack of money. The victims have not had their flood insurance claims paid is due to government inefficiencies not from lack of money
walleyfisher is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"If you're not on somebody's shit list, you're not doing anything worthwhile"
Old 01-04-2013, 06:49 AM   #71
Texdentist

Member #76657

My Corvette(s)
2013 Coupe, 2009 Coupe - traded, '74 Coupe totalled, '77 Coupe sold

Quote:
And still it wasn't like anyone, me included has said that there should be no funding, just that maybe it shouldn't include funding for fisheries in ALASKA that were hard.. oh fuck I can't even satire that, its pork plain and simple and you can't even admit that getting a pet project attached to this funding is exactly like claiming to be the aunt of a Sandy Hook victim and soliciting donations.
Thank you for making the point the libs want to ignore. This is not Boehner's fault. It is the fault of Democratic pork barrel politics. If the Dems had let the bill simply be an aid bill, it would have already passed. Why do these people give them a pass on that selfish and bone-headed move?
Texdentist is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2013, 07:16 AM   #72
DarthAWM
DC Crew

Member #83845

My Corvette(s)

Quote:
Thank you for making the point the libs want to ignore. This is not Boehner's fault. It is the fault of Democratic pork barrel politics. If the Dems had let the bill simply be an aid bill, it would have already passed. Why do these people give them a pass on that selfish and bone-headed move?
Because it is popular to blame the Republicans. Its cool like Instagram or hating on Nickleback.
-Eleanore Roosevelt
Old 01-04-2013, 07:42 AM   #73
the machine

Member #67421

My Corvette(s)

Quote:
Tex...I did explain this to you before, I hope you aren't going to start acting like some of these other bone heads and ignor the facts that don't fit your ideology.

The pork was set to be handled by an amended bill put forth by Eric Cantor. It was all set and had all the votes it needed. It had been discussed with the senate leadership and there would be no problem passing it there either. Eric Cantor was just as surprised as Christy and all the other republican congressmen.

Lets also not forget that it was not liberal democrats bitching about this hold up, but the Key note speaker of the last Republican convention and all the other republican Congressmen form the northeast. Now maybe you think the republican party could do without those republicans....and of course that thinking would go right along with all the other genius thought that has brought the republican party to it's knees....but without the northeast republicans the republican party would not hold the majority in the house and would be out of power completely.

You and others here ask why are you so pissed, Boehner just delayed the vote a few days....but of course he has delayed it now for over 60 days. This funding is what our businesses need to rebuild thier businesses....just like we helped all of your states when they needed help. This funding was not filled with pork by anybody but the republican states of Mississippi, Alaska, and Florida....all states that get way more than their fair share of funding.

If this is what this country has come to when it comes to disaster relief, then I truly feel sorry for all of you in the south who will no longer get your funding passed in ten days. We will see how much you bitch and moan when your people are starving and your businesses lay dormant waiting to see how much money you may get to rebuild. Becuase you guys have way more disasters than we do, and maybe we in the northeast should be getting tired of always bailing you out.
Old 01-04-2013, 07:52 AM   #74
the machine

Member #67421

My Corvette(s)

Quote:
Thanks for admitting I won. You know you have lost the argument when you have to resort to calling someone a Nazi, right?.
I didn't call you a Nazi...I simply pointed out that while you jump from ship to ship you will probably end up at some point on the Nazi party ship, and I simply suggested that may be a good fit for you....sorry you got all but hurt about it.

Quote:
Again, why was this funding not as important to you and Christie and Peter King in the first 67 days after Sandy as it was yesterday? And still it wasn't like anyone, me included has said that there should be no funding, just that maybe it shouldn't include funding for fisheries in ALASKA that were hard.. oh fuck I can't even satire that, its pork plain and simple and you can't even admit that getting a pet project attached to this funding is exactly like claiming to be the aunt of a Sandy Hook victim and soliciting donations.
This funding has been important since day one. Christy and all the others pushing for this funding have been pushing all along and they have been repeatedly pushed off a week or two or three or nine. This last date was supposedly the promised date and Boehner let it laps yet again. The pork that had been introduced by republicans holding this funding hostage in the senate had been worked out...all that was needed was the final vote, which under Eric Cantors guidance, was a sure passage.

But you are correct about one thing...the pork that had been added for the Republican states of Mississippi, Alaska, and Florida, was wrong and those republicans who held this funding hostage in the senate to get this funding should be tried as traitors....as should Boehner.
Old 01-04-2013, 07:55 AM   #75
the machine

Member #67421

My Corvette(s)

Quote:
Because it is popular to blame the Republicans. Its cool like Instagram or hating on Nickleback.
Yes it is becoming very popular to blame republicans...apparently even by other republicans since that was who was doing the blaming.....and maybe there is good reason for blaming them as they do one stupid thing after another in their mad dash to self destruction.

But hey why would you care about blaming anything on the republicans...you already abandoned them... remember mr. libertarian party.

Quote:
Don't worry about me being part of "your Republican party" this conservative has packed his bags and moved to the Libertarian movement. .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (12 CHARACTERS MAXIMUM), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.