I guess the honeymoon is over.. - Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums

Go Back   Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums > Other Discussions/Topics > News Room
Register Forums Garage Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Notices

News Room This section is for discussing current events.

Shops/Tuners
Custom Image Corvettes
A&A Corvette
Corvette tuner

Interior
Corvette aftermarket products

Insurance

Parts & Products
Race Ramps
Edelbrock
ATI/Procharger
Corvetteguys.com
Melrose Motorsports
Parts Taxi
Airaid
Mid America Motorworks
Pfadt Racing
Madvette Motorsports
Hi-tech Custom Concepts
Corvette aftermarket products
Corvette Garage
Corvette Parts and Accessories
Corvette Car Care Products
Corvette HID
Mid America Motoroworks

Tracks/Schools
Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving
Corvette driving school

Wheels/Tires
Cray Wheels

Services
BADWERKS.com

Old 01-06-2013, 06:35 PM   #1
Vette_Newb
The Copy/Paste King

Member #6180

My Corvette(s)
1989 L98 Coupe

I guess the honeymoon is over..

Sometimes, watching a Democrat learn something is wonderful, like seeing the family dog finally sit and stay at your command.

With President Obama back in office and his life-saving “fiscal cliff” bill jammed through Congress, the new year has brought a surprising turn of events for his sycophantic supporters.

“What happened that my Social Security withholding’s in my paycheck just went up?” a poster wrote on the liberal site DemocraticUnderground.com. “My paycheck just went down by an amount that I don’t feel comfortable with. I guarantee this decrease is gonna’ hurt me more than the increase in income taxes will hurt those making over 400 grand. What happened?”

Shocker. Democrats who supported the president’s re-election just had NO idea that his steadfast pledge to raise taxes meant that he was really going to raise taxes. They thought he planned to just hit those filthy “1 percenters,” you know, the ones who earned fortunes through their inventiveness and hard work. They thought the free ride would continue forever.

So this week, as taxes went up for millions of Americans — which Republicans predicted throughout the campaign would happen — it was fun to watch the agoggery of the left.

“I know to expect between $93 and $94 less in my paycheck on the 15th,” wrote the ironically named “RomneyLies.”

“My boyfriend has had a lot of expenses and is feeling squeezed right now, and having his paycheck shrink really didn’t help,” wrote “DemocratToTheEnd.”

“BlueIndyBlue” added: “Many of my friends didn’t realize it, either. Our payroll department didn’t do a good job of explaining the coming changes.”

So let’s explain something to our ill-informed Democratic friends. In 2009, Mr. Obama enacted a “holiday” on the payroll tax deduction from employees’ paychecks, dropping the rate from 6.2 percent to 4.2 percent. But like the holidays, the drop ended, and like New Year‘s, the revelers woke up the next morning with a massive hangover and a pounding head.

“Bake,” who may have been trolling the site, jumped into the thread posted Friday. “My paycheck just went down. So did my wife’s. This hurts us. But everybody says it’s a good thing, so I guess we just suck it up and get used to it. I call it a tax increase on the middle class. I wonder what they call it. Somebody on this thread called it a ‘premium.’ Nope. It’s a tax, and it just went up.”

Some in the thread argued that the new tax — or the end of the “holiday,” which makes it a new tax — wouldn’t really amount to much. One calculated it would cost about $86 a month for most people. “Honeycombe8,” though, said that amount is nothing to sneeze at.

“$86 a month is a lot. That would pay for … Groceries for a week, as someone said. More than what I pay for parking every month, after my employer’s contribution to that. A new computer after a year. A new quality pair of shoes … every month. Months of my copay for my hormones. A new thick coat (on sale or at discount place). It would pay for what I spend on my dogs every month … food, vitamins, treats.”

The Twittersphere was even funnier.

“Really, how am I ever supposed to pay off my student loans if my already small paycheck keeps getting smaller? Help a sister out, Obama,” wrote “Meet Virginia.” “Nancy Thongkham” was much more furious. “F***ing Obama! F*** you! This taking out more taxes s*** better f***ing help me out!! Very upset to see my paycheck less today!”

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...tax-increases/
Vette_Newb is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Fascism is a religion of the state. It assumes the organic unity of the body politic and longs for a national leader attuned to the will of the people. It is totalitarian in that it views everything as political and holds that any action by the state is justified to achieve the common good. It takes responsibility for all aspects of life, including our health and well-being, and seeks to impose uniformity of thought and action, whether by force or through regulation and social pressure. Everything, including economy and religion, must be aligned with its objectives.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2013, 06:43 PM   #2
TommyFox
DC Crew

Member #117042

My Corvette(s)
C4 1989

They always think it is a free lunch for them. They are going to suffer right along with the " so called rich."
TommyFox is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Spaz
Old 01-06-2013, 06:49 PM   #3
Vette_Newb
The Copy/Paste King

Member #6180

My Corvette(s)
1989 L98 Coupe

the rich won't suffer, they spend their money making sure there are loopholes and their high power CPA's and attorney's exploit them completely.

It the rest of us suckers who take it in the ass..
Vette_Newb is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Fascism is a religion of the state. It assumes the organic unity of the body politic and longs for a national leader attuned to the will of the people. It is totalitarian in that it views everything as political and holds that any action by the state is justified to achieve the common good. It takes responsibility for all aspects of life, including our health and well-being, and seeks to impose uniformity of thought and action, whether by force or through regulation and social pressure. Everything, including economy and religion, must be aligned with its objectives.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:22 AM   #4
c6vettedude
DC Crew

Member #120057

I'd say that not every liberal or conservative is in "lock step" with what their prospective parties do.
c6vettedude is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
2006 Blk C6 vert w/A&A Supercharger kit w/V3 upgrade, Random Tech ceramic-coated LT headers w/hi-flo cats and Corsa Extreme exhaust. New dyno #'s 611rwhp/583tq
Old 01-07-2013, 09:56 AM   #5
Chris Draper
DC Crew

Member #3332

Thanks for posting this, I don't normally check my pay stub since it's always the same.

My SS deduction went from aprox 4% to aprox 6%
Chris Draper is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Corvette Info Center http://corvette-info.tripod.com
Corvette Racing History http://corvette-racing.tripod.com
Corvette Concepts History http://corvette-concepts.tripod.com
Corvette Info Center Facebook Page http://www.facebook.com/corvetteinfocenter
Old 01-07-2013, 10:35 AM   #6
edtekk
DC Crew

Member #85086

My Corvette(s)
1973 coupe

Suprise! Careful libs of what you wish for it may come true. But remember you're only paying your "fair share" because it's the right thing to do. And remember when dollars count we are only a "revenue increase" away not a tax increase that's an old school name for it. By renaming it they've made it easier to endure don't you think. Oh I just remembered it's Bush's fault. Obama really cares about us and would never allow this to happen. Damn those republicans!
edtekk is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to edtekk For This Useful Post:
rj-92 (01-07-2013)
Old 01-07-2013, 11:09 AM   #7
c6vettedude
DC Crew

Member #120057

Quote:
Originally Posted by edtekk View Post
Suprise! Careful libs of what you wish for it may come true. But remember you're only paying your "fair share" because it's the right thing to do. And remember when dollars count we are only a "revenue increase" away not a tax increase that's an old school name for it. By renaming it they've made it easier to endure don't you think. Oh I just remembered it's Bush's fault. Obama really cares about us and would never allow this to happen. Damn those republicans!
Lots of rich Pubs are calling for more taxes...perhaps their undercover libs as well?? Or perhaps they don't care about those poor "wish they rich" boot-sucking Pubs... lol, funny how you think those rich Pubs give a hoot about you or your family.

I'll also say, that rich libs, don't care about those poor "boot-sucking" dems either. It's a huge smorgasboard out there, and if you aren't rich, you're on the menu. It's just sad that some people don't realize it.
2006 Blk C6 vert w/A&A Supercharger kit w/V3 upgrade, Random Tech ceramic-coated LT headers w/hi-flo cats and Corsa Extreme exhaust. New dyno #'s 611rwhp/583tq
Old 01-07-2013, 11:21 AM   #8
fyreline
DC Crew

Member #37720

My Corvette(s)
1962 327/300hp, 1972 LT-1 Roadster, 2007 3LT Convertible

Yeah, I have heard quite a few of the Obama jock-sniffers whining about their personal finances lately due to their Spendthrift-In-Chief's actions. I guess now that the lies affect THEM, they're changing their tune. What a shocker, huh?

It's going to get a lot worse before it gets any better. How's that "Hope and Change" B.S. sittin' with ya now, folks?
fyreline is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2013, 11:34 AM   #9
walleyfisher
DC Crew

Member #81755

My Corvette(s)
1974 coupe & 1984 coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by c6vettedude View Post
Lots of rich Pubs are calling for more taxes...perhaps their undercover libs as well?? :
They are not true Pubs, they are moderate Democrates in disguise thats how the Republican party really no longer exsists. then most of the ones who daily oppose spending are mostly idiots who couldn't stand for their pricipals because re-election by the I want mine would be too difficult. Its going to have to become much much worse before real republicans surface I'm affraid

Just read the Machine posts: Spend because its our governments duty he he proclaims himself a Republican
walleyfisher is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"If you're not on somebody's shit list, you're not doing anything worthwhile"
Old 01-07-2013, 11:40 AM   #10
c6vettedude
DC Crew

Member #120057

Quote:
Originally Posted by walleyfisher View Post
They are not true Pubs, they are moderate Democrates in disguise thats how the Republican party really no longer exsists. then most of the ones who daily oppose spending are mostly idiots who couldn't stand for their pricipals because re-election by the I want mine would be too difficult. Its going to have to become much much worse before real republicans surface I'm affraid

Just read the Machine posts spend because its our governments duty he he proclaims himself a Republican
I guess that's why the party is shrinking, if you aren't on the ever-growing fringe and you don't think like someone want you to, then you're considered an outcast.

If you are correct, it sounds like the GOP may be no more in 30 or 40 years. Imho, a party should have "individual" thinkers as well. If every one is a party-line voter, then nothing will get done. This is evident in both parties today as the fringes on both sides are growing, which is causing more and more deadlocks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (12 CHARACTERS MAXIMUM), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.