RE: FBI / Banks Coordinate Occupy Wall Street crackdown - Page 2 - Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums

Go Back   Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums > Other Discussions/Topics > News Room
Register Forums Garage Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Notices

News Room This section is for discussing current events.

Shops/Tuners
Custom Image Corvettes
A&A Corvette
Corvette tuner

Interior
Corvette aftermarket products

Insurance

Parts & Products
Race Ramps
Edelbrock
ATI/Procharger
Corvetteguys.com
Melrose Motorsports
Parts Taxi
Airaid
Mid America Motorworks
Pfadt Racing
Madvette Motorsports
Hi-tech Custom Concepts
Corvette aftermarket products
Corvette Garage
Corvette Parts and Accessories
Corvette Car Care Products
Corvette HID
Mid America Motoroworks

Tracks/Schools
Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving
Corvette driving school

Wheels/Tires
Cray Wheels

Services
BADWERKS.com

Old 01-07-2013, 03:33 PM   #16
Texdentist

Member #76657

My Corvette(s)
2013 Coupe, 2009 Coupe - traded, '74 Coupe totalled, '77 Coupe sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by c6vettedude View Post
I do agree though, there's got to be a better way!
Yeah, I did a little math, and for every trillion they threw at the banks, they could have given every man, woman and child over $3k. If you had a family of 4, you could have gotten $12k for the first trillion. I don't know how much they spent total, but I think it was in the $2T area. If they had cut a check for every American family for (on average) $24k, that might have stimulated the economy enough to stave off depression. Large poor families would have had an outsized benefit, and the financial CEO's would not have had their windfall. I'm not smart enough to know if it could have worked or not, but it tells me there might have been a bottom-up solution instead of a top-down solution.
Texdentist is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2013, 04:39 PM   #17
c6vettedude
DC Crew

Member #120057

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texdentist View Post
Yeah, I did a little math, and for every trillion they threw at the banks, they could have given every man, woman and child over $3k. If you had a family of 4, you could have gotten $12k for the first trillion. I don't know how much they spent total, but I think it was in the $2T area. If they had cut a check for every American family for (on average) $24k, that might have stimulated the economy enough to stave off depression. Large poor families would have had an outsized benefit, and the financial CEO's would not have had their windfall. I'm not smart enough to know if it could have worked or not, but it tells me there might have been a bottom-up solution instead of a top-down solution.
Yep, and the actual numbers are much greater than that! So much was given to the banks under the table and out of view of the public. Conservative estimates are 23 TRILLION dollars!! ... and that's not including 5 Trillion which was flat out given to a group of U.S. Corporations who weren't even in financial trouble. Even if mainstream media knew of it, the news wouldn't have made it to the air waves.

So if you were to divide 23 Trillion into 300 million, each man, woman and child would have a considerable bundle. I always tell folks that the powers-that-be don't want us to be well-off, much less wealthy. There's a reason why a pimp only gives his girls so much money,... he knows that she'll run off is she does start making real money.

There's a reason why schools don't teach you about metals, the stock market, investing etc.... but they ALWAYS teach you how to write a check and balance a check book. Now, the Jewish acadamy's that are set up in the states (who aren't bound by Federal and state laws), can teach what they want, and their main subject is business. We've been led astray in every aspect of life in the u.s., but the propaganda purveyors by both parties have done a great job of keeping the in-fighting going, while the bankers, corporate and the politicians steal our future.
c6vettedude is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
2006 Blk C6 vert w/A&A Supercharger kit w/V3 upgrade, Random Tech ceramic-coated LT headers w/hi-flo cats and Corsa Extreme exhaust. New dyno #'s 611rwhp/583tq
Old 01-07-2013, 07:03 PM   #18
Vette_Newb
Account Disabled.

Member #6180

My Corvette(s)
1989 L98 Coupe

Welcome to the United Banks of TBTF est. 1999. Screwing the middle class to the wall since 2008
Vette_Newb is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"When you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing; when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors; when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws donít protect you against them, but protect them against you; when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice; you may know that your society is doomed." Ė Ayn Rand
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (12 CHARACTERS MAXIMUM), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.