price of my car - Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums

Go Back   Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums > C3 Corvette Forums > C3 Corvette
Register Forums Garage Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Notices

C3 Corvette
C3 Corvette General | Technical | Performance | Aftermarket | Discussions

Other sections:
Corvettes Classifieds
Corvette Detailing & Car Care
Corvette Audio/Video/Radar
General Automotive/Shop/Tools
Corvette Performance Driving/Racing

( Sponsored by: Zip Corvette Parts )

Shops/Tuners
Custom Image Corvettes
A&A Corvette
Corvette tuner

Interior
Corvette aftermarket products

Insurance

Parts & Products
Race Ramps
Edelbrock
ATI/Procharger
Corvetteguys.com
Melrose Motorsports
Parts Taxi
Airaid
Mid America Motorworks
Pfadt Racing
Madvette Motorsports
Hi-tech Custom Concepts
Corvette aftermarket products
Corvette Garage
Corvette Parts and Accessories
Corvette Car Care Products
Corvette HID
Mid America Motoroworks

Tracks/Schools
Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving
Corvette driving school

Wheels/Tires
Cray Wheels

Services
BADWERKS.com

Old 01-06-2013, 04:03 PM   #1
72SBVet
DC Crew

Member #69345

My Corvette(s)

price of my car

Even in it's current what would you pay for my Corvette? I'm somewhat serious on selling it if someone offers a good price. I have around $25,000 in the purchase price and parts(doesn't include labor). Just getting a feel from Corvette people.
72SBVet is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
As FPSRussia says "As always.... Have nice day"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2013, 05:30 PM   #2
raidmagic
DC Crew

Member #1067

My Corvette(s)
Rare 1987 bright red

How about telling us a little more about your car. Mods, parts, miles? How about some pictures of it. I mean come on you gotta give us more than that to go on...

I have a piece of string it isn't too long but it's long enough, how long is it?
raidmagic is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Sampson 9/22/97-1/1/05

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read

Florida muscle car enthusiast click here
Old 01-06-2013, 05:42 PM   #3
72SBVet
DC Crew

Member #69345

My Corvette(s)

I do have mods that I've done in threads and have some semi-current pictures. I'll begin to post pictures and mods done in the next few hours.
Old 01-06-2013, 05:56 PM   #4
drbluevert
DC Crew

Member #37283

My Corvette(s)
1971 SB 4 spd. coupe white and blue, 1972 Barn-find, SB - auto, White w/red, 2006 Z06 earliest known

This could be interesting as I have a 71 and 72 coming up for sale this spring. When pricing a collector car - thinking logically can be your biggest problem (and I'm not the type that comes up with a high price and it sits forever). I'm a bit nutty, I sell because I can use the money and put it to work elsewhere, not have small talk with a hundred callers and "Feel the Market."
drbluevert is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Rich
Old 01-06-2013, 06:04 PM   #5
72SBVet
DC Crew

Member #69345

My Corvette(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbluevert View Post
This could be interesting as I have a 71 and 72 coming up for sale this spring. When pricing a collector car - thinking logically can be your biggest problem (and I'm not the type that comes up with a high price and it sits forever).
I price stuff to move, but at the same time won't take a huge loss. It's like putting $60k into a car and selling it for $10k just cause someone offers it right then. I always evaluate what money I put into something and set my maximum loss from there.

I'll go through photobucket tonight and start pulling out receipts(the ones I can find) so that a feel for the car can be felt.
Old 01-07-2013, 04:24 PM   #6
drbluevert
DC Crew

Member #37283

My Corvette(s)
1971 SB 4 spd. coupe white and blue, 1972 Barn-find, SB - auto, White w/red, 2006 Z06 earliest known

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72SBVet View Post
I do have mods that I've done in threads and have some semi-current pictures. I'll begin to post pictures and mods done in the next few hours.
Any progress yet?
Rich
Old 01-07-2013, 05:07 PM   #7
72SBVet
DC Crew

Member #69345

My Corvette(s)

Got some of the receipts. I have a lot of current pictures but will have to hunt pictures of when I bought it as I have 5 different places that they could be on. I'm getting everything in order so when I post I don't have rehunt anything as sometimes I'm scatter brained
Old 01-07-2013, 07:29 PM   #8
slofut
DC Crew

Member #119762

My Corvette(s)
1971 base conv

Garage
The thing is, what are comparable cars actively selling for. Put yourself in the place of the buyer and consider other available cars in similar form. Checking eBay is a place to start, bids naturally not asking prices.
slofut is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2013, 10:42 PM   #9
drbluevert
DC Crew

Member #37283

My Corvette(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slofut View Post
Checking eBay is a place to start, bids naturally not asking prices.
You can check the "Completed Transactions" search and see the winning bid's final price in green.
Rich
Old 01-22-2013, 10:44 AM   #10
72SBVet
DC Crew

Member #69345

My Corvette(s)

Here are the most current pictures. Some were taken today and others around two weeks ago. If sold the car will come with the clutch pedal assembly, DFI, and T56. The T56 and DFI are for sale seperately, and if sold before the car I'll adjust the price according to. The doors and t-tops are ready for paint.

I put the seats back in so that they wouldn't be in the way
Old 01-22-2013, 12:33 PM   #11
diehrd
DC Crew

Member #118245

Which photos are current , the ones under your avatar of a complete car or these here with it all torn apart
diehrd is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2013, 01:25 PM   #12
72SBVet
DC Crew

Member #69345

My Corvette(s)

The ones I just posted are current. I have over a $1k in parts for the reassembly.
Old 01-22-2013, 01:50 PM   #13
7TRoadster
DC Crew

Member #106320

My Corvette(s)
1970 Roadster

IMHO it's gonna be though to sell the car in this condition and get any kind of decent price out of it. Even with the tons of extras. It will be hard for anyone except an experienced Corvette builder to see the potential in what you have.

I know people who make their living buying failed projects for respectively cheap and finishing them.

I agree with other posts that suggest doing market analysis and comparisons. Again IMHO you will be lucky to get $4-$6k out of the car in it's current condition. Maybe $7-$9k or so with a truck load of new parts. Depending on what you have it may be better to sell the extra parts separately.

Drive it home cars are around for $10k-$12k or so. They might need just as much or more work than yours; however, they are all together and operational......... The assumption being, if it runs and drives then all the parts pretty much have to be there. Worn out or not....

One can never expect to get what they put into a car back out of it. Somehow it just doesn't work that way very often. Most likely the best return on the dollars you have already spent will be to assemble the car and sell as a ready to drive ride with the extras installed.

This is just an old man's opinion, you may get more (I hope so) or less. Best of luck.
7TRoadster is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2013, 02:05 PM   #14
72SBVet
DC Crew

Member #69345

My Corvette(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7TRoadster View Post
IMHO it's gonna be though to sell the car in this condition and get any kind of decent price out of it. Even with the tons of extras. It will be hard for anyone except an experienced Corvette builder to see the potential in what you have.

I know people who make their living buying failed projects for respectively cheap and finishing them.

I agree with other posts that suggest doing market analysis and comparisons. Again IMHO you will be lucky to get $4-$6k out of the car in it's current condition. Maybe $7-$9k or so with a truck load of new parts. Depending on what you have it may be better to sell the extra parts separately.

Drive it home cars are around for $10k-$12k or so. They might need just as much or more work than yours; however, they are all together and operational......... The assumption being, if it runs and drives then all the parts pretty much have to be there. Worn out or not....

One can never expect to get what they put into a car back out of it. Somehow it just doesn't work that way very often. Most likely the best return on the dollars you have already spent will be to assemble the car and sell as a ready to drive ride with the extras installed.

This is just an old man's opinion, you may get more (I hope so) or less. Best of luck.
I have around $25k in the purchase and parts. I know that I'll never get all my money back. The nice thing is even though it's all apart the engine has been completely rebuilt with maybe 3k on it and the trans has had a full rebuild with around 5k miles on it. A friend wants the T56 and another wants the exhaust and brakes.
Old 01-22-2013, 02:17 PM   #15
tektrans
DC Crew

Member #79719

You have 2 choices, 1 is to finish the build then sell it, the
2nd is to totally tear it down and part it out.
Those 2 ways are the only way you will make back anywhere close to what you have into it. Selling it in the current condition you will lose a bunch.
tektrans is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (12 CHARACTERS MAXIMUM), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.