Certainly no way to end a season - Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums

Go Back   Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums > Other Discussions/Topics > Stingray's "Bad Shark" Lounge
Register Forums Garage Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Notices

Stingray's "Bad Shark" Lounge Welcome to our seriously OFF TOPIC discussion forum section! Open 24-hours a day since 2003.

Shops/Tuners
Custom Image Corvettes
A&A Corvette
Corvette tuner

Interior
Corvette aftermarket products

Insurance

Parts & Products
Race Ramps
Edelbrock
ATI/Procharger
Corvetteguys.com
Melrose Motorsports
Parts Taxi
Airaid
Mid America Motorworks
Pfadt Racing
Madvette Motorsports
Hi-tech Custom Concepts
Corvette aftermarket products
Corvette Garage
Corvette Parts and Accessories
Corvette Car Care Products
Corvette HID
Mid America Motoroworks

Tracks/Schools
Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving
Corvette driving school

Wheels/Tires
Cray Wheels

Services
BADWERKS.com

Old 01-07-2013, 09:15 PM   #1
MayZ
DC Crew

Member #73924

My Corvette(s)
2008 Z06

Certainly no way to end a season

Seems the Washington Redskins will end the season on yet another sour note. RGIII has again injured his right knee.

Caution knees are not supposed to go in that direction!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/rf/ima...1357520111.jpg
MayZ is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
MAYZ

2008 Z06 Black/Ebony
2LZ, Comp Grey Wheels
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2013, 07:08 AM   #2
Texdentist

Member #76657

My Corvette(s)
2013 Coupe, 2009 Coupe - traded, '74 Coupe totalled, '77 Coupe sold

Read in the paper this morning that MRI showed partial tears in the ACL and (I think) LCL. Normal rehab time is 9-12 months. He will definitley miss much, if not all of next season. He's going to FL today to get a second opinion and find out if surgery will help.
Texdentist is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2013, 07:19 AM   #3
Poncherello
Grey Squirrel

Member #5040

My Corvette(s)
Looking

He'll never be the same, unfortunately. I liked watchng him play.
Poncherello is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 01-08-2013, 07:55 AM   #4
Texdentist

Member #76657

My Corvette(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncherello View Post
He'll never be the same, unfortunately. I liked watchng him play.
One thing he has going for him is that most running/scrambling quarterbacks have mediocre arms. RGIII has a very strong arm. If he can learn to stay in the pocket and rely on his eyes and arm, he could be an oustanding quarterback of a completely different kind than the one he is now. Frankly, I think everyone pretty much agrees that a running quarterback in the NFL just isn't reasonable. Those NFL defenders are just too big and too dangerous.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:31 AM   #5
c6vettedude
DC Crew

Member #120057

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texdentist View Post
One thing he has going for him is that most running/scrambling quarterbacks have mediocre arms. RGIII has a very strong arm. If he can learn to stay in the pocket and rely on his eyes and arm, he could be an oustanding quarterback of a completely different kind than the one he is now. Frankly, I think everyone pretty much agrees that a running quarterback in the NFL just isn't reasonable. Those NFL defenders are just too big and too dangerous.
I didn't think that it was wise for him to go back so soon after the initial injury, but with so much hype and pressure and the wins, I wasn't surprised that he was back in right away. Joint injuries take a long time to heal. The athlete may not feel the pain weeks later, but the injury is still there.

From what I'm seeing, he's very comfortable in the pocket..step's up well and has great vision of the field, but when things break down up front, using his legs is the next best thing. I saw him take a few vicioius hits in his first few games, I figured that it wouldn't him long to start sliding .

Also, QB's who are good runner are taught "early on" to run more than a guy who isn't so great at scrambling. I think that as the league progresses, you're going to see more and more running QB's and it's going to change the way defenses do business. If a team has a solid front 4, with a running QB who has a good arm, the opponent's going to have a long night.

Vick has a crazy arm, but the teams GM has failed to find a front line that can protect him.

I hope RGIII takes some decent time off and come back ready to go.
c6vettedude is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
2006 Blk C6 vert w/A&A Supercharger kit w/V3 upgrade, Random Tech ceramic-coated LT headers w/hi-flo cats and Corsa Extreme exhaust. New dyno #'s 611rwhp/583tq
Old 01-08-2013, 10:14 AM   #6
Texdentist

Member #76657

My Corvette(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by c6vettedude View Post
If a team has a solid front 4, with a running QB who has a good arm, the opponent's going to have a long night.

Vick has a crazy arm, but the teams GM has failed to find a front line that can protect him.
Reminds me of my home team. I think Tony Romo is one of the top 5 quarterbacks in the league. But he can't win consistently because he has had a terrible offensive line in front of him his entire career. I don't know why the Cowboys have not made it the top priority to fix that line. The only explanation is two words -- Jerry Jones.
Old 01-08-2013, 11:15 AM   #7
MayZ
DC Crew

Member #73924

My Corvette(s)
2008 Z06

Quote:
I've watched him get wacked several times this season. Add to that he's already suffered a concussion . . . maybe more than once.

Defenses just love it when the QB is out of the pocket. Remember Joe Theisman's career ended while throwing . . . not scrambling.
MAYZ

2008 Z06 Black/Ebony
2LZ, Comp Grey Wheels
Old 01-08-2013, 02:06 PM   #8
c6vettedude
DC Crew

Member #120057

Quote:
Reminds me of my home team. I think Tony Romo is one of the top 5 quarterbacks in the league. But he can't win consistently because he has had a terrible offensive line in front of him his entire career. I don't know why the Cowboys have not made it the top priority to fix that line. The only explanation is two words -- Jerry Jones.
I think that from jump street, they put way to much pressure on Romo. They wanted him to be the next Aikman, and even though Romo is a good QB, he's not an Aikman. Imho, Romo does best when he's throwing the shorter 5-20 yard passes, then letting him go deep every now and then. They seem to fall behind early and end up having him throwing deep much to often which ends in a lot of INT's.
They also need work the 'run' game too, which would relieve some of the pressure on Romo.

Yep, his line is horrible! He's lucky he hasn't suffered a serious injury this season. I also tell people, don't sleep on Romo's running ability, he's no Vick or RGIII, but he can get the ball down field. I'd actually like to see him run more, instead of making a lot of those dangerous passes that end up as INT's.
2006 Blk C6 vert w/A&A Supercharger kit w/V3 upgrade, Random Tech ceramic-coated LT headers w/hi-flo cats and Corsa Extreme exhaust. New dyno #'s 611rwhp/583tq
Old 01-08-2013, 03:46 PM   #9
Texdentist

Member #76657

My Corvette(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by c6vettedude View Post
I think that from jump street, they put way to much pressure on Romo. They wanted him to be the next Aikman, and even though Romo is a good QB, he's not an Aikman. Imho, Romo does best when he's throwing the shorter 5-20 yard passes, then letting him go deep every now and then. They seem to fall behind early and end up having him throwing deep much to often which ends in a lot of INT's.
They also need work the 'run' game too, which would relieve some of the pressure on Romo.

Yep, his line is horrible! He's lucky he hasn't suffered a serious injury this season. I also tell people, don't sleep on Romo's running ability, he's no Vick or RGIII, but he can get the ball down field. I'd actually like to see him run more, instead of making a lot of those dangerous passes that end up as INT's.
The problem with the Cowboys running game is the same as the passing game -- no offensive line. We don't have the greates RB's in the world, but you have to have SOME kind of hole to run through.
Old 01-08-2013, 03:50 PM   #10
PNHNDLE96CE

Member #14104

My Corvette(s)
96 LT1 Collector Edition

Sucks what happened to Griffin. As a Cowboy fan I detest anything Redskins, Eagles or Giants but there is no denying that griffin had a great season but never want to see anyone get hurt. I hope he comes back good as new because he seems like he's a good kid. I'd like to see if he was a one year wonder who baffled defenses and given time they will adjust or if he will help redefine the QB position along with that kid from SF & Seattle who seem pretty good at that option stuff too.
PNHNDLE96CE is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2013, 04:05 PM   #11
c6vettedude
DC Crew

Member #120057

Quote:
The problem with the Cowboys running game is the same as the passing game -- no offensive line. We don't have the greates RB's in the world, but you have to have SOME kind of hole to run through.
True! Several of the games they lost were purely due to mental lapses.
Old 01-08-2013, 04:08 PM   #12
c6vettedude
DC Crew

Member #120057

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNHNDLE96CE View Post
Sucks what happened to Griffin. As a Cowboy fan I detest anything Redskins, Eagles or Giants but there is no denying that griffin had a great season but never want to see anyone get hurt. I hope he comes back good as new because he seems like he's a good kid. I'd like to see if he was a one year wonder who baffled defenses and given time they will adjust or if he will help redefine the QB position along with that kid from SF & Seattle who seem pretty good at that option stuff too.
Not a cowboy fan, but I certainly agree with your sentiments. He has a decent front line, and has great help in his receivers.
Old 01-08-2013, 06:13 PM   #13
MayZ
DC Crew

Member #73924

My Corvette(s)
2008 Z06

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNHNDLE96CE View Post
. . . with the lack of OL talent in recent drafts, you'd think the option would be used more frequently.

If nothing else, it'd keep QBs running for their lives
MAYZ

2008 Z06 Black/Ebony
2LZ, Comp Grey Wheels
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (12 CHARACTERS MAXIMUM), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.