Thanks - Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums

Go Back   Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums > C7 Corvette Forums > C7 Corvette - Facts | Info | Rumors
Register Forums Garage Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Notices

C7 Corvette - Facts | Info | Rumors The first C7 Corvette info is rolling in...

Shops/Tuners
Custom Image Corvettes
A&A Corvette
Corvette tuner

Interior
Corvette aftermarket products

Insurance

Parts & Products
Race Ramps
Edelbrock
ATI/Procharger
Corvetteguys.com
Melrose Motorsports
Parts Taxi
Airaid
Mid America Motorworks
Pfadt Racing
Madvette Motorsports
Hi-tech Custom Concepts
Corvette aftermarket products
Corvette Garage
Corvette Parts and Accessories
Corvette Car Care Products
Corvette HID
Mid America Motoroworks

Tracks/Schools
Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving
Corvette driving school

Wheels/Tires
Cray Wheels

Services
BADWERKS.com

Old 01-08-2013, 08:26 PM   #1
Atheris
DC Crew

Member #894

Thanks

This seems like an appropriate times to acknowledge a few forum members. The buildup to the C7 reveal has been a lot of fun. Thanks Patrick for starting the forum and sticking around post-sale to offer your vette wisdom and provide insights into development, etc. Longtimer...you piss me off sometimes but I appreciate what you bring to the table. You're a passionate and knowledgeable dude. Chris Draper...you've done a killer job bringing "first view" images and info to the forum. Adonis...your new site is awesome! BKuper provides renders and chops and informed opinions. There are many others who have contributed to the experience...thanks to y'all as well.

It occurred to me the other day that I've been on this forum for 10 years. I wonder if I'm the only triple digit member who has never owned a vette. I just turned 50...so this is my year. Now I just have to figure out how my 130 lb Malamute will ride in the car. Maybe I'll keep the Tundra as my daily driver.
Atheris is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Atheris For This Useful Post:
Andonis (01-09-2013), Chris Draper (01-08-2013), Longtimer (01-09-2013), stinger430 (01-09-2013)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2013, 08:32 PM   #2
The Torch
DC Pit Crew Boss

Member #799

My Corvette(s)
2004 Black/Mod Red-Z06

Triple digit member as well but I've owned a couple of Vettes. As far as the dog, if the seat will hold a 130# person, it will hold a130# dog, 'Nuff said, it can be and has been done before. Not go get Vette, you deserve it
The Torch is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
RACING...Because with baseball, football, basketball, tennis, and golf, you only need one ball

I used to think that I had learned patience as I got older. Then I realized that I just didn't give a shit
Old 01-08-2013, 08:59 PM   #3
Chris Draper
DC Crew

Member #3332

Corvette is my life. I enjoy it and the people more than anything else in life. It has brought me more joy/anxiety/happiness/passion/adrenalin then anything else....and I don't even own one yet.

My passion for Corvettes started at age 12 when my grandparents bought a used 1989 Corvette. Now it runs through my blood.

Thanks for the acknowledgement

I too am a 10 year member. Joined when I was only 15 years old.
Chris Draper is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Corvette Info Center http://corvette-info.tripod.com
Corvette Racing History http://corvette-racing.tripod.com
Corvette Concepts History http://corvette-concepts.tripod.com
Corvette Info Center Facebook Page http://www.facebook.com/corvetteinfocenter
Old 01-08-2013, 09:05 PM   #4
bkuper
DC Crew

Member #16

My Corvette(s)
1994 Dark Metallic Red Coupe, 1989 Bright Red Coupe, 1986 Black Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Draper View Post
Corvette is my life. I enjoy it and the people more than anything else in life. It has brought me more joy/anxiety/happiness/passion/adrenalin then anything else....and I don't even own one yet.

except I've owned three, all C4's, and all three of them broke. Actually, one was broken for me but who's counting. (And, for what it's worth, placing the opti-spark directly adjacent to a water pump is a MUCH worse design decision than what shape the tail lights are.)

I hope to buy a new one someday...or a '66 coupe.
bkuper is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Brian Kuper
Dallas, Texas
http://www.gff.com/

1994 LT1 Coupe (broken and sold)
1989 L98 Coupe (sold)
1986 L98 Coupe (bone yard)
Old 01-08-2013, 09:13 PM   #5
DRM87
DC Crew

Member #59652

My Corvette(s)
1987 Corvette Convertible(Sold), 2001 Corvette Z06 SW(Sold), 1999 FRC 441lsx custom widebody

Quote:

My passion for Corvettes started at age 12 when my grandparents bought a used 1989 Corvette. Now it runs through my blood.

By my math that makes you 25. As a fellow 25 year old... get on it! Not saying its been the most financially sound or responsible decisions of my life, but I am currently on my 3rd vette, starting with my first C4 at the ripe old age of 19. And I have loved every moment of it! Whats money, when you have so much fun and create so many memories with these cars.
DRM87 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2013, 06:42 AM   #6
T.M.
DC Crew

Member #1158

My Corvette(s)
Slammed 02 6 speed with some mods

10 years here too! I have taken my 110lb German shepherd for countless rides. Even a couple street runs lol
T.M. is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
06 6 speed manual. Z51 . Lemans blue/white stripes. Kooks longtubes / xpipe / Corsa /... Vararam. Electric water pump... Monster clutch.. Customs tunes.. 2 1/2 in h drop and dark ass tint
Old 01-09-2013, 06:43 AM   #7
Texdentist

Member #76657

My Corvette(s)
2013 Coupe, 2009 Coupe - traded, '74 Coupe totalled, '77 Coupe sold

Quote:

When I was 25 (back in 1975), I couldn't wait to turn 26 because that was the age where auto insurance became affordable for a young man. At 25, monthly insurance payments on a Vette would have been more than the car payment. I was married, just out of the navy, in college, and as soon as I turned 26 I sprung for a '74 Vette with 20k miles. It had been my dream car since about the age of 13, and it did not disappoint in the joy of driving. Hope you can get your hands on one soon -- and thanks for doing all the leg work for us in getting peeks at the C7.
Texdentist is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2013, 07:04 AM   #8
Chris Draper
DC Crew

Member #3332

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRM87 View Post
By my math that makes you 25. As a fellow 25 year old... get on it!
I am 25. First came college, then buying a house was priority. Next will be the Vette, hopefully within the next year. I want a C6 Grand Sport.
Old 01-09-2013, 10:30 AM   #9
UHME2010
DC Crew

Member #118269

Quote:
I am 25. First came college, then buying a house was priority. Next will be the Vette, hopefully within the next year. I want a C6 Grand Sport.
That's a smart move. I was 25 when I proposed to my wife almost 4 years ago. Got married a year later, got the ZR1, then got the house. If I could go back, I would have gotten the house, the ZR1, then somewhere down the road got married . Just kidding, my wife would have killed me. Don't worry, the GS will come soon enough. Every day that goes by is one day closer.
UHME2010 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2013, 10:40 AM   #10
Andonis
DC Crew

Member #932

Thanks

I joined the DC when we were trying to figure out how the C6 will look like. I remember Patrick's drawings, Brian's chops (of course the rear was the most intriguing part again) and all the enthusiasm we shared.
This is very very kind (and stylish) of You Atheris that 4 days before the Day you bring us together for a moment to acknowledge each other, to remind us for what we stand for. Yes, my favorite car has been Corvette from the age of 4, and it still holds a very special place in my heart although I never owned one.

I'm really glad you find the site awesome, I try my best. As you can see there are considerable amount of Corvettes. And this is only the beginning.
Andonis is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2013, 01:42 PM   #11
dobrenyr
DC Crew

Member #29319

Yes, Cris has been fantastic, thank you very much for all your efforts.... don't worry Cris, i didn't get my first corvette until i was 44. But it's been a blast! There will always be something in your way... a new dishwasher, furniture etc... all i can say is start your secret savings fund now... and you'll be ready in a few years and you can pick up a lovely C6 for 60% less ( or more if the C7 fails... not that i want it to but i'm sure the car will be great )
dobrenyr is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Tricky
Old 01-09-2013, 02:24 PM   #12
blckslvr79

Member #67576

My Corvette(s)
1979 L82 4speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobrenyr View Post
Yes, Cris has been fantastic, thank you very much for all your efforts.... don't worry Cris, i didn't get my first corvette until i was 44. But it's been a blast! There will always be something in your way... a new dishwasher, furniture etc... all i can say is start your secret savings fund now... and you'll be ready in a few years and you can pick up a lovely C6 for 60% less ( or more if the C7 fails... not that i want it to but i'm sure the car will be great )
I don't know....I think the C6 is going to hold it's value very well considering the physical appearance of the C7.
blckslvr79 is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
I'm taking care of my procrastination issues, just you wait and see.
Old 01-09-2013, 02:30 PM   #13
Longtimer
DC Pit Crew Boss

Member #3668

My Corvette(s)
'07 Z51 6Mn NCM delivery, '79 L82 4 sp gymk - Gone '87 Z52 4+3, 76 L-82 4 spd

Bought my first vette (slightly used) when I was 27. House at 28. Wife at 30. I told her we could pick out another house together, but a Corvette would always be in the garage. Laid that on the table up front and it's about the only thing we've never fought about.
Longtimer is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
'07:bought from a former sponsor, Z06 wheels and Vararam from former sponsors, Various accessories from Corvette Central and Corvette America. B&B Fusions with Corsa X pipe. Shine from Adam's
'87: refurbished all interior with parts from Corv Central '79: Interior refurb = Corvette America, and Corvette Central, T1Rs, Foose Legends
DC Sponsors
________________________________________ ________

Corvette ownership is like owning your own fountain of youth ... and we get a sip from it each time the signal turns green. Watching for C8 fixes & improvements
Old 01-09-2013, 02:34 PM   #14
Chris Draper
DC Crew

Member #3332

My fiance and I bought our house this past July. We bought one with a 3 car garage with the intent of having a Corvette in the future.

Old 01-09-2013, 02:39 PM   #15
Longtimer
DC Pit Crew Boss

Member #3668

My Corvette(s)
'07 Z51 6Mn NCM delivery, '79 L82 4 sp gymk - Gone '87 Z52 4+3, 76 L-82 4 spd

Quote:
My fiance and I bought our house this past July. We bought one with a 3 car garage with the intent of having a Corvette in the future.

Good move! Will you be getting a great looking vette, or settle for a C7?

Seriously, there are some great deals to be had out there on C5s & C6s.
Longtimer is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
'07:bought from a former sponsor, Z06 wheels and Vararam from former sponsors, Various accessories from Corvette Central and Corvette America. B&B Fusions with Corsa X pipe. Shine from Adam's
'87: refurbished all interior with parts from Corv Central '79: Interior refurb = Corvette America, and Corvette Central, T1Rs, Foose Legends
DC Sponsors
________________________________________ ________

Corvette ownership is like owning your own fountain of youth ... and we get a sip from it each time the signal turns green. Watching for C8 fixes & improvements
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (12 CHARACTERS MAXIMUM), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.