Some Sunday Morning Religion History... - Page 3 - Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums

Go Back   Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums > Other Discussions/Topics > Stingray's "Bad Shark" Lounge
Register Forums Garage Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Notices

Stingray's "Bad Shark" Lounge Welcome to our seriously OFF TOPIC discussion forum section! Open 24-hours a day since 2003.

Shops/Tuners
Custom Image Corvettes
A&A Corvette
Corvette tuner

Interior
Corvette aftermarket products

Insurance

Parts & Products
Race Ramps
Edelbrock
ATI/Procharger
Corvetteguys.com
Melrose Motorsports
Parts Taxi
Airaid
Mid America Motorworks
Pfadt Racing
Madvette Motorsports
Hi-tech Custom Concepts
Corvette aftermarket products
Corvette Garage
Corvette Parts and Accessories
Corvette Car Care Products
Corvette HID
Mid America Motoroworks

Tracks/Schools
Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving
Corvette driving school

Wheels/Tires
Cray Wheels

Services
BADWERKS.com

Old 01-08-2013, 07:24 PM   #31
PNHNDLE96CE

Member #14104

My Corvette(s)
96 LT1 Collector Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by C5 Dude View Post
It all matters not to me. I belive in Christ. I believe he was the son of God. I believe he died for me. I believe that allows me to be close to God.

Maybe that makes me seem silly to some, but I believe.

I don't judge others who don't because Christ says I shouldn't. I am not to judge them, or persecute them. I am to show them my belief by leading a life that is shining in example and that will bring them closer to Christ by doing so. You have to move toward him, not the other way around.

Again, maybe that seems silly to you. But if I die and there is no God, I have still lived a very good life and one that will have given me great pleasure and inner piece that I find is not possible for those who do not have any FAITH at all.

That sir, is very well said.
PNHNDLE96CE is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2013, 07:30 PM   #32
The Dude
DC Crew

Member #120318

My Corvette(s)
In limbo....

Quote:
Originally Posted by c6vettedude View Post
Exactly! It's whatever you believe. Politics is one thing but religion is definitely more personal, so I usually don't like to debate or talk about it too much, unless it's with people that I know personally. The last thing I want is for someone to say that I'm trying to force my beliefs on them. That's just not cool.

We all do things that seems silly or stupid to others. How many people in compact cars look at you like you're crazy because you have a powerful v8? Whatever it is we do, buy, or say etc., there will always be people who will sit in judgement without even knowing you. That's just the world we live in. Apologies if you were offended.
You could never offend me by disagreeing with me. I only reported my own feelings. You have yours. I hope you believe, but if you didn't, it is my job to show you Christs life by actions whithin my own.

It's like if you drove up next to my Vette in a compact car and said " I want one of those!" I would say follow me and I will show you a path that will lead you to one. If you like the life I lead and find the inner piece something you desire. Follow me and I will show you a path towards Christ.

If you don't care for that, my feeling arent hurt. I still live my life by a standard that won't allow me to be offended by your disagreement. I live only as an example.

Rock On!
The Dude is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Rock on!
No...I can't spell...I'm a RedNeck!
Old 01-09-2013, 09:16 AM   #33
C6 CRUZR
DC Crew

Member #119297

My Corvette(s)
2005 Corvette Convertible

C6 CRUZR is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
The Obamacare Health Exchanges Are Now Open In All 57 States -
Old 01-09-2013, 03:21 PM   #34
c6vettedude
DC Crew

Member #120057

Quote:
Originally Posted by C5 Dude View Post
You could never offend me by disagreeing with me. I only reported my own feelings. You have yours. I hope you believe, but if you didn't, it is my job to show you Christs life by actions whithin my own.

It's like if you drove up next to my Vette in a compact car and said " I want one of those!" I would say follow me and I will show you a path that will lead you to one. If you like the life I lead and find the inner piece something you desire. Follow me and I will show you a path towards Christ.

If you don't care for that, my feeling arent hurt. I still live my life by a standard that won't allow me to be offended by your disagreement. I live only as an example.

Rock On!
Sounds good... glad no offense was taken, but as you know, especially with the discussion of religion, people often take offense to what is said.

As I mentioned earlier, I grew up baptist, and have never felt more free after shaking off the schackles of religion. That's just my path, and as I said, I have good friends who are christian (of many denominations), Muslim, Jewish, Buddhist, Gnostics and Atheists. We all respect each others chosen path and I'm glad to see the same can be said for the members on this forum.

It's actually nice to be on a forum that even allows the subject of Religion. Most forums just don't allow it.

c6vettedude is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
2006 Blk C6 vert w/A&A Supercharger kit w/V3 upgrade, Random Tech ceramic-coated LT headers w/hi-flo cats and Corsa Extreme exhaust. New dyno #'s 611rwhp/583tq
Old 01-09-2013, 03:55 PM   #35
blckslvr79

Member #67576

My Corvette(s)
1979 L82 4speed

This is the most civilized discussion of Religion I've seen on this site.

Kudos!
blckslvr79 is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
I'm taking care of my procrastination issues, just you wait and see.
Old 01-09-2013, 06:56 PM   #36
c3c7 norm
DC Crew

Member #120419

My Corvette(s)
C2 C3 C5(2) C6 C7

Quote:
Originally Posted by blckslvr79 View Post
This is the most civilized discussion of Religion I've seen on this site.

Kudos!
Thank you!
c3c7 norm is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
USAF Veteran/USCG Retired

USA USN USMC USCG USAF USAR USNR USMCR USCGR USAFR ARNG ANG USPHS NOAA USMM AUS CSA Police/Fire/EMS/EMT

Thank You For Your Service
Old 01-09-2013, 08:36 PM   #37
The Dude
DC Crew

Member #120318

My Corvette(s)
In limbo....

Quote:
Originally Posted by C6 CRUZR View Post
Well....he would have a C5!
The Dude is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Rock on!
No...I can't spell...I'm a RedNeck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (12 CHARACTERS MAXIMUM), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.