For those who think the rear resembles a Camaro - Page 11 - Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums
 
 
Go Back   Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums > C7 Corvette Forums > C7 Corvette - Facts | Info | Rumors
Register Forums Garage Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Notices

C7 Corvette - Facts | Info | Rumors The first C7 Corvette info is rolling in...

Shops/Tuners
Custom Image Corvettes
A&A Corvette
Corvette tuner

Interior
Corvette aftermarket products

Insurance

Parts & Products
Race Ramps
Edelbrock
ATI/Procharger
Corvetteguys.com
Melrose Motorsports
Parts Taxi
Airaid
Mid America Motorworks
Pfadt Racing
Madvette Motorsports
Hi-tech Custom Concepts
Corvette aftermarket products
Corvette Garage
Corvette Parts and Accessories
Corvette Car Care Products
Corvette HID
Mid America Motoroworks

Tracks/Schools
Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving
Corvette driving school

Wheels/Tires
Cray Wheels

Services
BADWERKS.com
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2013, 02:55 PM   #151
Junkman2008
DC Pit Crew Boss
 
Junkman2008's Avatar
 
Posts: 25,343
Member #71977
Member since: Apr 2008
Location: Louisville, KY

My Corvette(s)
2001 Navy Blue Metallic Coupe

Thanks: 171
Thanked 545 Times in 428 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by blckslvr79 View Post
Now THAT's a great looking ass!

And the rear half of the car MATCHES the front half.
Junkman2008 is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"Marines - Making the other guy die for his country for over 200 years."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-16-2013, 02:58 PM   #152
TheMelkMan
DC Crew
 
Posts: 206
Member #118968
Member since: Jun 2012

Thanks: 25
Thanked 70 Times in 37 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blckslvr79 View Post
I also never said my opinion was better than others.
Earlier in this very thread, you completely disregarded people who say they like the car, implying that their opinion isn't genuine because they're just "impressed by shiny things" (despite the fact that the C7 has no more chrome than the C6, so I don't know where you're getting all of this "shiny things" and "bling" BS).

I actually like the SRT Viper. Since you seem to be oblivious, I guess I need to point out that my previous few posts were satire. I was mocking your arrogant assertions that people who like the car are just "easily impressed" by "shiny things," and the absurd non sequitur that Obama voters are somehow responsible for the popularity of the C7. That's literally one of the stupidest things I've ever read.
TheMelkMan is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2013, 03:07 PM   #153
Junkman2008
DC Pit Crew Boss
 
Junkman2008's Avatar
 
Posts: 25,343
Member #71977
Member since: Apr 2008
Location: Louisville, KY

My Corvette(s)
2001 Navy Blue Metallic Coupe

Thanks: 171
Thanked 545 Times in 428 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMelkMan View Post
Earlier in this very thread, you completely disregarded people who say they like the car, implying that their opinion isn't genuine because they're just "impressed by shiny things" (despite the fact that the C7 has no more chrome than the C6, so I don't know where you're getting all of this "shiny things" and "bling" BS).

I actually like the SRT Viper. Since you seem to be oblivious, I guess I need to point out that my previous few posts were satire. I was mocking your arrogant assertions that people who like the car are just "easily impressed" by "shiny things," and the absurd non sequitur that Obama voters are somehow responsible for the popularity of the C7. That's literally one of the stupidest things I've ever read.
You are not going to win trying to argue with blckslvr79. He is one of our professionals. He will beat you up and down and leave you sprawled all over the playground.
Junkman2008 is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"Marines - Making the other guy die for his country for over 200 years."
The Following User Says Thank You to Junkman2008 For This Useful Post:
blckslvr79 (01-16-2013)
Old 01-16-2013, 03:08 PM   #154
MORVETTES
DC Crew
 
MORVETTES's Avatar
 
Posts: 420
Member #16134
Member since: Aug 2004
Location: NEWCASTLE,KY USA

My Corvette(s)
2000 pewter C5 cpe

Thanks: 7
Thanked 32 Times in 19 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blckslvr79 View Post
Just because bling turns you on, don't go off on me.

The SRT blends styling from front to rear. The entire car is one cohesive blending of design. It also looks like what it is...a Viper. It doesn't try to look like a Ferrari, or a Camaro, or any other car. In fact, other cars dream of looking like a SRT, even the C7 Vette if you look at the front bumper and roof panels dreams of being a SRT..
First,I'm not going off on you.That's your comment to my post. I respect your opinion as a car guy, and as a person. I'm just expression my opinion on the car. On Corvette, it's not trying to look like anything,including Corvettes of the past. The Viper blend,nose to tail is not that great. Looks like a 96 GTS with a Hollywood nip and tuck nose job. It has a weird front profile, but if that's what you like ....the retro thing....cool. Funny how Corvette is trying to be everybody else, but when it comes to comparison, everyone matched up against it.Just till the polls hit, on who looks the best.Corvette design is moving forward ,not going backwards like Viper. I think you'd be happy with this
MORVETTES is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2013, 03:25 PM   #155
Junkman2008
DC Pit Crew Boss
 
Junkman2008's Avatar
 
Posts: 25,343
Member #71977
Member since: Apr 2008
Location: Louisville, KY

My Corvette(s)
2001 Navy Blue Metallic Coupe

Thanks: 171
Thanked 545 Times in 428 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MORVETTES View Post
Whoever created that needs to be shot.
Junkman2008 is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"Marines - Making the other guy die for his country for over 200 years."
Old 01-16-2013, 03:38 PM   #156
BLK 1
 
BLK 1's Avatar
 
Posts: 4,869
Member #66549
Member since: Nov 2007
Location: 75 in a 60

My Corvette(s)
2013 427 Convertible / 2004 6-speed Convertible

Thanks: 0
Thanked 114 Times in 89 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkman2008 View Post
Whoever created that needs to be shot.
BLK 1 is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2013, 03:41 PM   #157
Texdentist
 
Texdentist's Avatar
 
Posts: 18,988
Member #76657
Member since: Oct 2008
Location: Crowley, TX

My Corvette(s)
2013 Coupe, 2009 Coupe - traded, '74 Coupe totalled, '77 Coupe sold

Thanks: 59
Thanked 567 Times in 415 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkman2008 View Post
Whoever created that needs to be shot.
What, you don't like the C1-2-3-4-5?
Texdentist is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2013, 03:49 PM   #158
Junkman2008
DC Pit Crew Boss
 
Junkman2008's Avatar
 
Posts: 25,343
Member #71977
Member since: Apr 2008
Location: Louisville, KY

My Corvette(s)
2001 Navy Blue Metallic Coupe

Thanks: 171
Thanked 545 Times in 428 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texdentist View Post
What, you don't like the C1-2-3-4-5?
I don't even do two women at the same time, much less cars!
Junkman2008 is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"Marines - Making the other guy die for his country for over 200 years."
Old 01-16-2013, 04:00 PM   #159
blckslvr79
 
blckslvr79's Avatar
 
Posts: 19,081
Member #67576
Member since: Nov 2007
Location: Schererville, IN

My Corvette(s)
1979 L82 4speed

Thanks: 830
Thanked 281 Times in 233 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkman2008 View Post
From a man that KNOWS his junk!
blckslvr79 is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
I'm taking care of my procrastination issues, just you wait and see.
Old 01-16-2013, 04:10 PM   #160
Junkman2008
DC Pit Crew Boss
 
Junkman2008's Avatar
 
Posts: 25,343
Member #71977
Member since: Apr 2008
Location: Louisville, KY

My Corvette(s)
2001 Navy Blue Metallic Coupe

Thanks: 171
Thanked 545 Times in 428 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by blckslvr79 View Post
From a man that KNOWS his junk!


We better stop this. Doc is already in shock!
Junkman2008 is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"Marines - Making the other guy die for his country for over 200 years."
Old 01-16-2013, 04:10 PM   #161
iowa61
DC Crew
 
iowa61's Avatar
 
Posts: 95
Member #17961
Member since: Sep 2004
Location: SF/CA/USA

My Corvette(s)
1966 427 Roadster

Thanks: 25
Thanked 31 Times in 25 Posts
Vents that look like, well, vents...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMelkMan View Post
"You're just in denial. The rear end is fugly and derivative with Dodge Dart/Caravan taillights. And look at those "gangsta" teardrop vents below the taillights..."

The Viper is a beautiful car and a fluid, homogeneous design. The vents, separate from, under and to the side of the tail lights look like... vents. As they should.

The new Stingray is a killer design. But it doesn't have the homogeneous fluidity of the Viper... that's okay. A few aftermarket or owner-done tweaks to the rear will suffice...
iowa61 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2013, 04:11 PM   #162
blckslvr79
 
blckslvr79's Avatar
 
Posts: 19,081
Member #67576
Member since: Nov 2007
Location: Schererville, IN

My Corvette(s)
1979 L82 4speed

Thanks: 830
Thanked 281 Times in 233 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMelkMan View Post
Earlier in this very thread, you completely disregarded people who say they like the car, implying that their opinion isn't genuine because they're just "impressed by shiny things" (despite the fact that the C7 has no more chrome than the C6, so I don't know where you're getting all of this "shiny things" and "bling" BS).

I actually like the SRT Viper. Since you seem to be oblivious, I guess I need to point out that my previous few posts were satire. I was mocking your arrogant assertions that people who like the car are just "easily impressed" by "shiny things," and the absurd non sequitur that Obama voters are somehow responsible for the popularity of the C7. That's literally one of the stupidest things I've ever read.
Ok Son.
Let me type real slow for you.
Try to keep up.

I have not disregarded anyone in this thread. Just like you, I have only expressed my opinion. Because my opinion differs that of yours, you feel butthurt and the need to thump your chest. That's fine. Many Corvette owners have large egos that get bruised quite easily. These types of Vette fans have always been recognized by non-vette owners as "typical Vette owners". That's fine and I respect all of those opinions. I do not have to agree with them though. In fact, when I disagree, or anyone disagrees, you do not have to go on the attack to prove your shoe size. I really don't care what you think. That's your opinion and I'm sure you know, opinions are like assholes.

My posts in this thread have all been light hearted to keep this thread going and provoke discussion as well as thought. Thus the after most of my posts. Most here have realized that. I realize some of the emotion is lost with the internet format, but lighten the hell up dude!

I don't want to have to go back and rehash to death how GM design butchered the cat on the C7. It's been beat to death already.

Now that post took twice as long as usual for me to type, just so you could follow along. I hope you kept up.

Now back to our regularly scheduled C7 discussion.



Notice my light hearted smiley guy above.
blckslvr79 is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
I'm taking care of my procrastination issues, just you wait and see.
Old 01-16-2013, 04:18 PM   #163
blckslvr79
 
blckslvr79's Avatar
 
Posts: 19,081
Member #67576
Member since: Nov 2007
Location: Schererville, IN

My Corvette(s)
1979 L82 4speed

Thanks: 830
Thanked 281 Times in 233 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MORVETTES View Post
First,I'm not going off on you.That's your comment to my post. I respect your opinion as a car guy, and as a person. I'm just expression my opinion on the car. On Corvette, it's not trying to look like anything,including Corvettes of the past. The Viper blend,nose to tail is not that great. Looks like a 96 GTS with a Hollywood nip and tuck nose job. It has a weird front profile, but if that's what you like ....the retro thing....cool. Funny how Corvette is trying to be everybody else, but when it comes to comparison, everyone matched up against it.Just till the polls hit, on who looks the best.Corvette design is moving forward ,not going backwards like Viper. I think you'd be happy with this
No thanks.

I'm not trying to hurt your feelings...just stating mine. If my opinion differs from yours, so be it.

I welcome your comments and opinions, just don't get your panties in a bunch when some one disagrees.

No biggie.

Maybe you and Melkman should get a room and discuss your feelings.

blckslvr79 is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
I'm taking care of my procrastination issues, just you wait and see.
Old 01-16-2013, 04:21 PM   #164
blckslvr79
 
blckslvr79's Avatar
 
Posts: 19,081
Member #67576
Member since: Nov 2007
Location: Schererville, IN

My Corvette(s)
1979 L82 4speed

Thanks: 830
Thanked 281 Times in 233 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkman2008 View Post


We better stop this. Doc is already in shock!
I love you man!
blckslvr79 is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
I'm taking care of my procrastination issues, just you wait and see.
Old 01-16-2013, 04:48 PM   #165
MORVETTES
DC Crew
 
MORVETTES's Avatar
 
Posts: 420
Member #16134
Member since: Aug 2004
Location: NEWCASTLE,KY USA

My Corvette(s)
2000 pewter C5 cpe

Thanks: 7
Thanked 32 Times in 19 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blckslvr79 View Post
No thanks.

I'm not trying to hurt your feelings...just stating mine. If my opinion differs from yours, so be it.

I welcome your comments and opinions, just don't get your panties in a bunch when some one disagrees.

No biggie.

Maybe you and Melkman should get a room and discuss your feelings.

You can't hurt my feelings, to say that means something that poured out your spout has truth or meaning to it. I welcome disagreements, and said I respect your opinion,but I see you want to go in a different direction, that's fine too. All I did was flip your comment , right back at you. Now your panties in a bunch. I've back up ever post I've made, be it wrong or right,but it's a detailed opinion. You stuck on two words bling and shiny, neither brings value to this thread. Yeah I think I will get the room with Melkman........matter of fact we'll take the one you and Junkman sharing......just leave the key on the mat!
MORVETTES is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (12 CHARACTERS MAXIMUM), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:09 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
2003-2011, DigitalCorvettes.com - All Rights Reserved