New York Passes More Gun Laws - Page 2 - Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums

Go Back   Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums > Other Discussions/Topics > News Room
Register Forums Garage Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Notices

News Room This section is for discussing current events.

Shops/Tuners
Custom Image Corvettes
A&A Corvette
Corvette tuner

Interior
Corvette aftermarket products

Insurance

Parts & Products
Race Ramps
Edelbrock
ATI/Procharger
Corvetteguys.com
Melrose Motorsports
Parts Taxi
Airaid
Mid America Motorworks
Pfadt Racing
Madvette Motorsports
Hi-tech Custom Concepts
Corvette aftermarket products
Corvette Garage
Corvette Parts and Accessories
Corvette Car Care Products
Corvette HID
Mid America Motoroworks

Tracks/Schools
Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving
Corvette driving school

Wheels/Tires
Cray Wheels

Services
BADWERKS.com

Old 01-16-2013, 04:02 PM   #16
MayZ
DC Crew

Member #73924

My Corvette(s)
2008 Z06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texdentist View Post
I've lived in TX for 62 years, never carried a gun, and never felt unsafe. Can't say there won't be a problem in the future, but gun toting is a hassle I don't care to bother with. I don't have a problem with conceal/carry laws. But I know a lot of people who carry, and I have never known anyone who actually benefitted from it. The value of C/C is way overhyped IMO.
MayZ is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
MAYZ

2008 Z06 Black/Ebony
2LZ, Comp Grey Wheels
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2013, 04:07 PM   #17
Vette_Newb
The Copy/Paste King

Member #6180

My Corvette(s)
1989 L98 Coupe

Quote:
It's gonna take hard data and some time to back up your assertion that CCL cuts crime. I don't think that has been proven yet. Look at NYC. They darn sure don't have CCL, but their murder rate has dropped 50% in the last few years. Are the criminals worried that a gun carrier from out of state might be nearby? Cause and effect can be assumed, but it takes lots of data to prove that connection.
Here ya go Tex.

http://www.justfacts.com/guncontrol.asp
Vette_Newb is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Fascism is a religion of the state. It assumes the organic unity of the body politic and longs for a national leader attuned to the will of the people. It is totalitarian in that it views everything as political and holds that any action by the state is justified to achieve the common good. It takes responsibility for all aspects of life, including our health and well-being, and seeks to impose uniformity of thought and action, whether by force or through regulation and social pressure. Everything, including economy and religion, must be aligned with its objectives.
Old 01-16-2013, 04:22 PM   #18
ArKay99

Member #43955

My Corvette(s)
1999 FRC - 2009 Z06

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upheval View Post
I like the comment of the Mayor of New York. He said that civilized society does not need large capacity magazines. Ha Ha, he calls New York a civilized society???? Has he looked at the crime statistics for the city????

The "big spender in chief" is about to drop his plan that will save the world. Lets see how this plays out.
Bloomberg is a dipshit. This is the same guy that thinks it's more important to curb the sale of 16oz. sugary drinks than figure out a way to curb the violent mayhem that occurs in his shithole of a city every day.
ArKay99 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Extreme taxation, excessive controls, oppressive government competition with business, frustrated minorities and forgotten Americans are not the products of free enterprise. They are the residue of centralized bureaucracy, of government by a self-anointed elite. - Ronald Reagan
Old 01-16-2013, 05:50 PM   #19
fieldskr

Member #51444

My Corvette(s)
06 Machine Silver Z06 (Sold) 05 Arctic White Coupe (Sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArKay99 View Post
Bloomberg is a dipshit. This is the same guy that thinks it's more important to curb the sale of 16oz. sugary drinks than figure out a way to curb the violent mayhem that occurs in his shithole of a city every day.
Next he'll ban forks and spoons because they make people fat!!!
fieldskr is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
A government that robs Peter to pay Paul...can always depend on the support of Paul.

A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice.

"I'm really easy to get along with once you learn to see things my way"

"INTEGRITY first, SERVICE before self, and EXCELLENCE in all we do".
Old 01-16-2013, 08:00 PM   #20
87vette81big
DC Crew

Member #117927

My Corvette(s)
1987 Corvette Convertible

Quote:
Me too. But that works both ways. Guns are also involved in lots of accidents, and I'm pretty sure regret goes along with that too. Not knocking CCL. Just saying there are risks either way.
Corvettes, Vipers, Modern day & vintage musclecars are involved in plenty of accidents.
They are all Loaded High Horsepower Machines that are deadly with the inexperienced or stupid wreckless.
Just like a loaded gun.
Leave the Corvette shut off & keys away so no idiot can operate it, it harms no one.
Leave a gun on a table loaded & no idiot touches it, it harms no one too.

If you never had an incident in your lifetime where your life of loved one was not at stake of deranged killer, your lucky to be living in that part of Texas.

I wish I could say the same of IL.
Has been fucked up since 1974 when I recall much yet.
I remember my DAD knocking a mother fucker out cold & beating the shit out of him till he did not move no more.
The guy went after my brother & me to cause harm all because we were starring at the goofy looking fucker.

So..........

87vette81big is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2013, 08:23 PM   #21
rdevaux2007
DC Crew

Member #52923

My Corvette(s)
2007 LMB, 1977 Coupe

The guys in this article were open carrying in Georgia. Read the result here. I live in a fairly low crime area of metro Atlanta... this happened less than five miles from my house:

Feb 18 2010
Two customers displaying holstered pistols deterred an armed robbery in a Kennesaw Wafflehouse recently.

There is some debate raging in Georgia about whether people should conceal their holstered handguns while in public. Some believe that wearing handguns openly will result in a loss of the element of surprise during a criminal attack, such as an armed robbery, while others believe that wearing handguns openly deters criminal attack. For Matt Brannan and J.P. Mitchell, who carry openly as a routine, the issue is no longer academic.

Matt Brannan and J.P. Mitchell were dining in the Wafflehouse on Barrett Parkway at I-575 in Kennesaw at 4:45 in the morning recently when a scout for an armed robbery crew entered the restaurant to case it. At the time, Matt and J.P. thought he looked a little suspicious, as he was wandering around the small restaurant like he was looking for someone. Unknown to Matt and J.P., two cars full of armed robbers were parked behind the restaurant waiting for the scout's report.

The scout saw that two of the customers were wearing holstered 1911 Springfield Mil-Spec .45 pistols, and he immediately turned and left the store.

Meanwhile, conscientious Cobb County Police Officer D. Lowe had noticed suspicious cars sitting behind the restaurant in the dark and decided to investigate. He caught men with masks and rifles who had been preparing to rob the Wafflehouse. The criminals informed the police that they had changed their mind upon discovering armed customers and were waiting for Matt and J.P. to leave. Ironically, the police car was pulling in to the parking lot just as Matt and J.P. were driving away. In other words, had Matt and J.P. not been armed, the robbery probably would have occurred before the police intervened.

Captain Jerry Quan, the Commander for Precinct One, where the Wafflehouse is located, confirmed Matt Brannan's story as one in which the open display of a pistol deterred a well armed robbery crew.

Matt Brannan is making an Open Records Act request, and there will be an update to this story when more information is available. The case number is 09-133500. There will be updates and follow up articles as more information becomes available.

http://www.examiner.com/article/open...bbery-kennesaw
rdevaux2007 is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
2007 LMB coupe, m6sp, 3LT.
1977 coupe 4sp
1997 Expedition (sold)
2010 Ford F-150 Supercrew
Old 01-17-2013, 06:35 PM   #22
grumpyvette
DC Pit Crew

Member #1106

My Corvette(s)
retired engineer, engine builder, racer 1985.1992.1996 cpes

http://www.ruger.com/micros/advocacy/
grumpyvette is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
" IF YOU CAN,T SMOKE THE TIRES AT WILL,FROM A 60 MPH ROLLING START YOUR ENGINE NEEDS MORE WORK!!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (12 CHARACTERS MAXIMUM), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.