C7 Thoughts - Page 2 - Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums

Go Back   Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums > C7 Corvette Forums > C7 Corvette - Facts | Info | Rumors
Register Forums Garage Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Notices

C7 Corvette - Facts | Info | Rumors The first C7 Corvette info is rolling in...

Shops/Tuners
Custom Image Corvettes
A&A Corvette
Corvette tuner

Interior
Corvette aftermarket products

Insurance

Parts & Products
Race Ramps
Edelbrock
ATI/Procharger
Corvetteguys.com
Melrose Motorsports
Parts Taxi
Airaid
Mid America Motorworks
Pfadt Racing
Madvette Motorsports
Hi-tech Custom Concepts
Corvette aftermarket products
Corvette Garage
Corvette Parts and Accessories
Corvette Car Care Products
Corvette HID
Mid America Motoroworks

Tracks/Schools
Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving
Corvette driving school

Wheels/Tires
Cray Wheels

Services
BADWERKS.com

Old 01-17-2013, 02:56 AM   #16
Atheris
DC Crew

Member #894

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_Clams View Post
And I guarantee you if you put both those cars in a parking lot, the Viper will get more pictures any day of the week. I would gladly put that to a challenge.
C6 yes...this new vette no. Although upgraded, the viper looks the same as ever. And a lot of viper owners will be seeing a lot of C7 ass. Better get used to it.
Atheris is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2013, 05:04 AM   #17
AlexY
DC Crew

Member #8935

Quote:
I think its actually too late to not call this car the Cormero. I would say nearly 30-40% of Vette lovers, even fans of the car will call it that.
Statistics: when you don't know, just make them up

Quote:
Regarding polls. Any poll on a Vette site is going to be biased simply because of brand loyalty. Just like if the poll was on a Viper site, the Viper would get more votes. As for the Motortrend poll, the car was just released, the Viper and the other cars were released months ago if not years. The new factor alone will get the C7 votes. The Corvette name gets it votes as well even if it looked like a Pinto. So there is a great deal of bias. And there are people on this site trying to get people to go vote for the Vette. Again, bias.
If the poles were even remotely close I'd agree with you. But they're not. Even on this forum where there was so much disgust for this car (because the design was branching out from traditional conservative Corvette styling) that a public lynching of Tadge Juechter didn't seem out of the realm of possibility, people who like the car outnumber those who don't more than 4:1, and it's the same with the Motor Trend poll; over 2/3 of those surveyed prefer the C7 over any other car under $100k. Sure there my be better way of collecting this data, but this is all we've got for now, and they all point to the Corvette being a massive hit.

Quote:
Sure its possible I'm wrong about the sales. No way to know until next year. Regardless, by that time I will have likely picked up a Viper. And I guarantee you if you put both those cars in a parking lot, the Viper will get more pictures any day of the week. I would gladly put that to a challenge.
I hope you do get a new Viper, it's a really great car, very pretty and sounds phenomenal, and I hope you absolutely love it. As for the latter part of your statement, there's no way to form a sound argument for or against this, I'm just glad America has two great looking sports cars again to put the euro-boy-toys back in their rightful place
AlexY is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2013, 06:03 AM   #18
Blast
DC Crew

Member #5275

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexY View Post
Statistics: when you don't know, just make them up

If the poles were even remotely close I'd agree with you. But they're not. Even on this forum where there was so much disgust for this car (because the design was branching out from traditional conservative Corvette styling) that a public lynching of Tadge Juechter didn't seem out of the realm of possibility, people who like the car outnumber those who don't more than 4:1, and it's the same with the Motor Trend poll; over 2/3 of those surveyed prefer the C7 over any other car under $100k. Sure there my be better way of collecting this data, but this is all we've got for now, and they all point to the Corvette being a massive hit.

I hope you do get a new Viper, it's a really great car, very pretty and sounds phenomenal, and I hope you absolutely love it. As for the latter part of your statement, there's no way to form a sound argument for or against this, I'm just glad America has two great looking sports cars again to put the euro-boy-toys back in their rightful place
I agree fully with this.

This is to the OP, not to you now :
Someone doesn't like it ? Go ahead, noone's making you buy it or like it. But making up numbers like 30-40%? Show us the numbers. Just because you're resigned to go around car shows and meets and laughing at C7 owners doesn't mean the rest will, oh wait, sorry, 30-40% will go around calling others people cars names.

I call Troll

// Stefan
Blast is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2013, 06:06 AM   #19
ironhorse
DC Crew

Member #74885

I personally do not like the ass end of the C7...The new C7 does have some nice refinements, which I do like...Will I buy one no, not going to ever sell my 08 Z06...The bottom line is sales, only time will tell if this new gen can generate sales...
ironhorse is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2013, 07:23 AM   #20
blckslvr79

Member #67576

My Corvette(s)
1979 L82 4speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironhorse View Post
I personally do not like the ass end of the C7...The new C7 does have some nice refinements, which I do like...Will I buy one no, not going to ever sell my 08 Z06...The bottom line is sales, only time will tell if this new gen can generate sales...
Oh no! The C7 is the return of Christ, because some here say so.

Sales results mean nothing.

(sarcasm off)
blckslvr79 is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
I'm taking care of my procrastination issues, just you wait and see.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:09 AM   #21
I_Love_Clams
DC Crew

Member #118883

Quote:
Originally Posted by C2C3C4C6 View Post
Just do a search on the Ferrari F12 and look at some images to see how the C7 is a botched up version of this car, created by a head of styling who thinks every damn line on a car has to be a knife edge. I'm keeping my C6...the last Vette.

I had forgotten about the F12. The C7 does look a lot like it. But I think the rearend fails on the F12 too. I love the wheel on the F12 Berlinetta though. The hodscoope is nice too.
I_Love_Clams is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2013, 10:29 AM   #22
Bill Davies
DC Crew

Member #118694

My Corvette(s)

Quote:
Ed Welburn should be ashamed of himself and so should any Corvette fan who buys one of these. You may love the car but be aware that due to how polarizing the car is, every time you show up to a car show someone will be there to ask why you bought the Corvette that looks like a Camaro, or Cormero, and I'll be among them because I just can't understand why anyone would want this car.
I've seen guys joke around and take friendly jabs, but this? You would be the first douchnozzle I had ever met at a car show that actaully had enough balls to seriously put someone down for their choice of car. I seriously doubt you would.

Quote:
No. I would rather this car kill Corvette and be exposed for the fraud it is, if we lose Corvette in the process, maybe GM will learn a lesson, because it doesn't seem like they've learned anything from their failures in 2008.
LoL
Bill Davies is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2013, 11:39 AM   #23
T-Murphy
DC Crew

Member #120659

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironhorse View Post
I think the ass end is one of the most polarizing aspects of the new Covette's design. That's a good thing IMO when it comes to breaking new ground and getting new customers for the C7, which is what GM seems to be aiming for.
T-Murphy is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2013, 12:00 PM   #24
dobrenyr
DC Crew

Member #29319

Well GM certainly did create controversy with this C7. Now we have corvette lovers at odds with eachother... just sad.
I really don't know what i would say to a C7 owner, i don't want to insult him or the brand because i love the brand and respect someone who puts down their hard earned money on one.

Longtimer and Patrick were right. I had hoped for a much better design and could not believe that the JAlopnick attrocity was accurate !

I showed the C7 to the younger guys in my office, they all didn't like it. My young Asian collegue ( a car guy ) said that the back end looked RICE and said it looks like a transformer car designed by Michael Bay. The other one said that the back end reminded him of a Crossfire. Then he winced when he saw the GTR beside it... my other buddies wife who at least knows a bit about cars... says... "is that a Camaro ?"

This C7 forum has been going on for a long time and i like to think i had a feel that i was not in the minority for not being overwhelmed with this new C7 and yet, just after the intro, there are so many new posts proclaiming that they love it.

I have less interest in the C7, start the C8 thread !
dobrenyr is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Tricky
Old 01-18-2013, 01:16 AM   #25
Blast
DC Crew

Member #5275

I find it ok, I'll get used to the rear.

I have a BMW nut at work that I showed the pics to and he said (seriously) that the rear end was beautiful. He wouldn't buy it cause he's not into american cars but he really likes the design.

To each their own. I respect anyone that likes it, same as I respect anyone who dislikes it. But someone who just trashtalks to hear his own voice (or read his own text) .. no thanx.

// Stefan
Blast is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2013, 08:08 AM   #26
C2C3C4C6
DC Crew

Member #14484

My Corvette(s)
2005 Black/Ebony coupe

I guess the bottom line on the C7 will be how many they sell and who they sell it to; I am concerned that they may have f***ed up the Corvette enough to kill it. Time will tell.
C2C3C4C6 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2013, 09:04 AM   #27
blckslvr79

Member #67576

My Corvette(s)
1979 L82 4speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by C2C3C4C6 View Post
I guess the bottom line on the C7 will be how many they sell and who they sell it to; I am concerned that they may have f***ed up the Corvette enough to kill it. Time will tell.
Maybe that's the goal?
Old 01-18-2013, 09:13 AM   #28
jimmyb
DC Crew

Member #21428

My Corvette(s)
2008 AO vert sadly sold. 2005, 2001, and 1998 verts all gone but not forgotten

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidmagic View Post
You liked Sideswipe but you don't like this? Really?
Thank you! Sideswipe is a show car, by very definition, over done and over wrought in every way.

We all have opinions and the OP is certainly entitled to his....right up to the point where he thinks it is within his right to walk up to people who have bought a C7 and demean their car. That's ridiculous and well beyond good taste.

Jimmy
jimmyb is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2013, 11:38 AM   #29
GhostShadow
DC Crew

Member #117913

My Corvette(s)
It fell off a cliff...

Quote:
Originally Posted by blckslvr79 View Post
Maybe that's the goal?
Uh oh, time to whip this out!!

GhostShadow is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2013, 11:53 AM   #30
blckslvr79

Member #67576

My Corvette(s)
1979 L82 4speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostShadow View Post
Uh oh, time to whip this out!!

Just trying to lighten things up.

I could have blamed Obama!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (12 CHARACTERS MAXIMUM), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.