23 Executive Orders - Page 2 - Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums
 
 
Go Back   Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums > Other Discussions/Topics > News Room
Register Forums Garage Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Notices

News Room This section is for discussing current events.

Shops/Tuners
Custom Image Corvettes
A&A Corvette
Corvette tuner

Interior
Corvette aftermarket products

Insurance

Parts & Products
Race Ramps
Edelbrock
ATI/Procharger
Corvetteguys.com
Melrose Motorsports
Parts Taxi
Airaid
Mid America Motorworks
Pfadt Racing
Madvette Motorsports
Hi-tech Custom Concepts
Corvette aftermarket products
Corvette Garage
Corvette Parts and Accessories
Corvette Car Care Products
Corvette HID
Mid America Motoroworks

Tracks/Schools
Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving
Corvette driving school

Wheels/Tires
Cray Wheels

Services
BADWERKS.com
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2013, 01:03 PM   #16
Vette_Newb
The Copy/Paste King
 
Vette_Newb's Avatar
 
Posts: 25,998
Member #6180
Member since: Dec 2003
Location: In The Sticks

My Corvette(s)
1989 L98 Coupe

Thanks: 432
Thanked 385 Times in 301 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 020NE View Post
It sure has!

I don't remember Ronnie using kids to promote gun control, maybe I missed something.
Vette_Newb is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Fascism is a religion of the state. It assumes the organic unity of the body politic and longs for a national leader attuned to the will of the people. It is totalitarian in that it views everything as political and holds that any action by the state is justified to achieve the common good. It takes responsibility for all aspects of life, including our health and well-being, and seeks to impose uniformity of thought and action, whether by force or through regulation and social pressure. Everything, including economy and religion, must be aligned with its objectives.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-17-2013, 04:33 PM   #17
87vette81big
DC Crew
 
87vette81big's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,749
Member #117927
Member since: Nov 2011
Location: IL

My Corvette(s)
1987 Corvette Convertible

Thanks: 236
Thanked 96 Times in 88 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1963SS View Post
That Muslim loving asshole in Washington has completely lost his mind. We didn't elect him King....only President. I read somewhere that if guns are responsible for killing people then pencils are responsible for misspelling words. Exactly the same idea. I'm just speechless. Let's all hope that the new influx of money into the NRA coffers is enough to buy us enough politicians to stop this madness.

I really enjoy the stories about the law enforcement folks that aren't going to enforce this nonsense.
Just got home Gunny & reading posts.

Glad You Are Alive & Kicking Hard My Friend.

Your my Favorite US Marine, C4 Corvette Driving Outlaw, & dedicated individual Taking of of the old folks in the Nursing homes...And its a very honorable job indeed.
87vette81big is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2013, 04:50 PM   #18
wildcatlock
DC Crew
 
wildcatlock's Avatar
 
Posts: 678
Member #117437
Member since: Aug 2011
Location: Goddard KS

My Corvette(s)
86e w/91 facias soon to be GS replica and now a 90

Thanks: 14
Thanked 24 Times in 23 Posts
The saddest thing about all this nonsense and the new laws already passed in New York is the politicians have the public convinced that had these laws been in effect two months ago the school shooting would not have happened. Hell he stole the firearms and ammo from his mother. He didnt buy them so there was nor would there have ever been a background check on him. Crazy is crazy no matter how you slice it. The biggest problem in Washington is the elected no longer work for us, they work for themselves and fill their own pockets. You guys think if a "regular joe" ran for office he would get elected? What we need is someone who isnt completely disconnected from the working class. Just my .02
wildcatlock is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2013, 05:41 PM   #19
PNHNDLE96CE
 
PNHNDLE96CE's Avatar
 
Posts: 5,266
Member #14104
Member since: Jun 2004
Location: Florida

My Corvette(s)
96 LT1 Collector Edition

Thanks: 126
Thanked 103 Times in 89 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcatlock View Post
The saddest thing about all this nonsense and the new laws already passed in New York is the politicians have the public convinced that had these laws been in effect two months ago the school shooting would not have happened. Hell he stole the firearms and ammo from his mother. He didnt buy them so there was nor would there have ever been a background check on him. Crazy is crazy no matter how you slice it. The biggest problem in Washington is the elected no longer work for us, they work for themselves and fill their own pockets. You guys think if a "regular joe" ran for office he would get elected? What we need is someone who isnt completely disconnected from the working class. Just my .02
I am sure alot of us agree. THe problem is that what average Joe can afford to get elected? It's costs millions to get elected. If you don't sell out to someone(s) with money you have no shot. Not sure who said it but I have heard it over the years, nobody spends millions of dollars to get elected to a job that pays 100K without the intention of stealing that money back or something along those lines. Just my .02 cents
PNHNDLE96CE is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2013, 06:37 PM   #20
grumpyvette
DC Pit Crew
 
grumpyvette's Avatar
 
Posts: 7,292
Member #1106
Member since: Jun 2003
Location: lox fla

My Corvette(s)
retired engineer, engine builder, racer 1985.1992.1996 cpes

Thanks: 2
Thanked 201 Times in 127 Posts
http://www.ruger.com/micros/advocacy/
grumpyvette is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
" IF YOU CAN,T SMOKE THE TIRES AT WILL,FROM A 60 MPH ROLLING START YOUR ENGINE NEEDS MORE WORK!!"
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to grumpyvette For This Useful Post:
87vette81big (01-20-2013), rlphvac (01-18-2013)
Old 01-17-2013, 07:25 PM   #21
87vette81big
DC Crew
 
87vette81big's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,749
Member #117927
Member since: Nov 2011
Location: IL

My Corvette(s)
1987 Corvette Convertible

Thanks: 236
Thanked 96 Times in 88 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNHNDLE96CE View Post
I am sure alot of us agree. THe problem is that what average Joe can afford to get elected? It's costs millions to get elected. If you don't sell out to someone(s) with money you have no shot. Not sure who said it but I have heard it over the years, nobody spends millions of dollars to get elected to a job that pays 100K without the intention of stealing that money back or something along those lines. Just my .02 cents
It would take an individual with real backbone.
Does not care about $ anymore that it takes to care for himself & his family.
He would have to stand up daily, maybe hourly to tell all trying to bribe or blackmail him or her to take the $ and do a political favor of some sort......Fuck You & stick it where the sun does not shine.
That individual would have a constant bounty on their head to be dead, killed.
87vette81big is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2013, 08:54 AM   #22
72SBVet
DC Crew
 
72SBVet's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,261
Member #69345
Member since: Jan 2008
Location: Jackson TN USA

My Corvette(s)
1972

Thanks: 16
Thanked 32 Times in 32 Posts
This is a little ot, but Brian do you have a .44 DE?
72SBVet is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
As FPSRussia says "As always.... Have nice day"
Old 01-18-2013, 10:32 PM   #23
87vette81big
DC Crew
 
87vette81big's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,749
Member #117927
Member since: Nov 2011
Location: IL

My Corvette(s)
1987 Corvette Convertible

Thanks: 236
Thanked 96 Times in 88 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 72SBVet View Post
This is a little ot, but Brian do you have a .44 DE?
Its off Topic.....I have a friend that used to drag race every weekend.
I grew up next to him.
Mike would take his 10 second 355 sbc Tunnel rammed 5.57 geared Pontiac Rear Monza around the block for a joyride at least once a week after 1am.
9,000 RPM screamer. Burnout, Launch it hard at 5K, look out my bedroom window with my brother in awe, front wheels off the ground again, drunk 20 year old car guys everywhere cheering Mike on..............

So 2001 comes, mike has a 7-second Camaro doorslammer.
Scott Shaferoff 540ci BBC.
Calls me over the change the gears in his Strange 9 inch rear end.
Shoot the shit working.
Like always.
2007 comes.......bama running for president.
He wins of course.
Mike quits drag racing.
He buys a M50. I see it & shake my head why????
He now owns 3 M50's.
With the communist bastard wishing to disarm all.....
I think the M50's should stay with Michael.
What do You think ?
Oh yeah..........they are real badass guns.....
87vette81big is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2013, 10:29 AM   #24
72SBVet
DC Crew
 
72SBVet's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,261
Member #69345
Member since: Jan 2008
Location: Jackson TN USA

My Corvette(s)
1972

Thanks: 16
Thanked 32 Times in 32 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87vette81big View Post
Its off Topic.....I have a friend that used to drag race every weekend.
I grew up next to him.
Mike would take his 10 second 355 sbc Tunnel rammed 5.57 geared Pontiac Rear Monza around the block for a joyride at least once a week after 1am.
9,000 RPM screamer. Burnout, Launch it hard at 5K, look out my bedroom window with my brother in awe, front wheels off the ground again, drunk 20 year old car guys everywhere cheering Mike on..............

So 2001 comes, mike has a 7-second Camaro doorslammer.
Scott Shaferoff 540ci BBC.
Calls me over the change the gears in his Strange 9 inch rear end.
Shoot the shit working.
Like always.
2007 comes.......bama running for president.
He wins of course.
Mike quits drag racing.
He buys a M50. I see it & shake my head why????
He now owns 3 M50's.
With the communist bastard wishing to disarm all.....
I think the M50's should stay with Michael.
What do You think ?
Oh yeah..........they are real badass guns.....

I traded my AK 74 in for mine just the other day. It's a MK1 design and came with all the paperwork, case, 5 in 1 tool, and holster. It was made on 2/88. My brother has a two-tone one, and it's a black on stainless, plus it's a 2/86 production date which means low number as .44 production began on 1/86. I shoot Speer 270gr and it's a blast to shoot.
72SBVet is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
As FPSRussia says "As always.... Have nice day"
Old 01-20-2013, 11:02 AM   #25
87vette81big
DC Crew
 
87vette81big's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,749
Member #117927
Member since: Nov 2011
Location: IL

My Corvette(s)
1987 Corvette Convertible

Thanks: 236
Thanked 96 Times in 88 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 72SBVet View Post
I traded my AK 74 in for mine just the other day. It's a MK1 design and came with all the paperwork, case, 5 in 1 tool, and holster. It was made on 2/88. My brother has a two-tone one, and it's a black on stainless, plus it's a 2/86 production date which means low number as .44 production began on 1/86. I shoot Speer 270gr and it's a blast to shoot.
My late Bud B. that helped 90 % to make who I am today was an Italian- Sicilian.
Wicked smart.
Not unlike Grumpy.

Its important to talk in Riddles at times.

If your around 40 years old.
You can do it too.
All Conservatives here will understand 100 %.

If they are Sheep........allready confused anyhow.
87vette81big is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2013, 08:10 PM   #26
fieldskr
 
fieldskr's Avatar
 
Posts: 731
Member #51444
Member since: Oct 2006
Location: Valrico (Tampa) FL

My Corvette(s)
06 Machine Silver Z06 (Sold) 05 Arctic White Coupe (Sold)

Thanks: 37
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vette_Newb View Post
I don't remember Ronnie using kids to promote gun control, maybe I missed something.

Shame on him for having children present during the lighting of the White House Christmas Tree. Evil knows no bounds!!
fieldskr is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
A government that robs Peter to pay Paul...can always depend on the support of Paul.

A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice.

"I'm really easy to get along with once you learn to see things my way"

"INTEGRITY first, SERVICE before self, and EXCELLENCE in all we do".
Old 01-20-2013, 09:07 PM   #27
87vette81big
DC Crew
 
87vette81big's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,749
Member #117927
Member since: Nov 2011
Location: IL

My Corvette(s)
1987 Corvette Convertible

Thanks: 236
Thanked 96 Times in 88 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldskr View Post
Shame on him for having children present during the lighting of the White House Christmas Tree. Evil knows no bounds!!
Its hard to argue with a photogragh.
But it does not always tell the entire story.
Was the photo of Ronnie and his wife taken before the assasination
Attempt?
While laying in a US Navy hospital bed, maybe he was visted by an elite.
The mafia would be a friend at that point hanging on for his life.
Have to remember, Ronnie Reagan started off as an actor in his career.
Not a bad ass US Marine that can survive a trip to hell and come back to live to talk about it and smile yet.
87vette81big is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2013, 02:13 PM   #28
92Roadster
 
Posts: 11,227
Member #36181
Member since: Jun 2005

Thanks: 321
Thanked 334 Times in 219 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpyvette View Post
.....
Quote:
Nationally, violent crime involving firearms has declined since the expiration of the Federal "assault weapons ban," while lawful ownership of firearms has increased. More lawful gun ownership, less crime.
....misleading, "lawful ownership" only means they filled
out the paperwork and had a background check (I hope)...

....doesn't take much to cross that thin line as to "unlawful",
if your trying to say "all our customers" are lawful...
92Roadster is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2013, 02:55 PM   #29
Texdentist
 
Texdentist's Avatar
 
Posts: 18,618
Member #76657
Member since: Oct 2008
Location: Crowley, TX

My Corvette(s)
2013 Coupe, 2009 Coupe - traded, '74 Coupe totalled, '77 Coupe sold

Thanks: 52
Thanked 536 Times in 390 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87vette81big View Post
Have to remember, Ronnie Reagan started off as an actor in his career.
Not a bad ass US Marine that can survive a trip to hell and come back to live to talk about it and smile yet.
Actually, he was a private in the Army Reserve before he was an actor. About the time he started acting, he got his officer's commission. He served in the Army Cavalry Reserves until 1942 when he was ordered to active duty. He had bad eyes, so he was classified for limited duty. After transfer to the Army Air Force, he produced over 400 training films for the military. Everyone has a different role in the military and all roles are important. At least Reagan served his country when he was young, and didn't have to be drafted to do it. Our current POS...er POTUS can't say that.

Link: http://www.reagan.utexas.edu/archive.../military.html
Texdentist is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2013, 04:49 PM   #30
87vette81big
DC Crew
 
87vette81big's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,749
Member #117927
Member since: Nov 2011
Location: IL

My Corvette(s)
1987 Corvette Convertible

Thanks: 236
Thanked 96 Times in 88 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texdentist View Post
Actually, he was a private in the Army Reserve before he was an actor. About the time he started acting, he got his officer's commission. He served in the Army Cavalry Reserves until 1942 when he was ordered to active duty. He had bad eyes, so he was classified for limited duty. After transfer to the Army Air Force, he produced over 400 training films for the military. Everyone has a different role in the military and all roles are important. At least Reagan served his country when he was young, and didn't have to be drafted to do it. Our current POS...er POTUS can't say that.

Link: http://www.reagan.utexas.edu/archive.../military.html
Thanks for the correction Texadentist.

I was 12 or 13 when Ronnie was shot. So I recall all that commotion.
Funny You mention Ronald Reagen was in the US Army Reserves. Because this morning before I left for work, I found a DVD Movie I bought Christmas 2012 in Peoria, IL for the family to watch but never have yet, "Ronald Reagan in This is The Army".
Have to make it point to watch this week.

87vette81big is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (12 CHARACTERS MAXIMUM), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:26 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
2003-2011, DigitalCorvettes.com - All Rights Reserved