GM aims new Corvette beyond successful plumbers - not my title - Page 4 - Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums

Go Back   Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums > C7 Corvette Forums > C7 Corvette - Facts | Info | Rumors
Register Forums Garage Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Notices

C7 Corvette - Facts | Info | Rumors The first C7 Corvette info is rolling in...

Shops/Tuners
Custom Image Corvettes
A&A Corvette
Corvette tuner

Interior
Corvette aftermarket products

Insurance

Parts & Products
Race Ramps
Edelbrock
ATI/Procharger
Corvetteguys.com
Melrose Motorsports
Parts Taxi
Airaid
Mid America Motorworks
Pfadt Racing
Madvette Motorsports
Hi-tech Custom Concepts
Corvette aftermarket products
Corvette Garage
Corvette Parts and Accessories
Corvette Car Care Products
Corvette HID
Mid America Motoroworks

Tracks/Schools
Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving
Corvette driving school

Wheels/Tires
Cray Wheels

Services
BADWERKS.com

Old 01-13-2013, 10:15 AM   #46
Fly03Z06

Member #68577

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andonis View Post
okay now I know it may sound stupid but are there more TV shows with Corvettes?

I only knew the one with Mark Hamill. That's it. Until this fortunate hour when you you mentioned Route 66
Stingray? Another show?
The Magician

Some clips are available on yo tube
Fly03Z06 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Fly03Z06 For This Useful Post:
Andonis (01-13-2013)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2013, 10:17 AM   #47
Texdentist

Member #76657

My Corvette(s)
2013 Coupe, 2009 Coupe - traded, '74 Coupe totalled, '77 Coupe sold

Found this link to Corvettes in TV and movies, for what it's worth.

http://www.oocities.org/motorcity/do.../movievet.html
Texdentist is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Texdentist For This Useful Post:
Andonis (01-13-2013)
Old 01-13-2013, 10:18 AM   #48
Andonis
DC Crew

Member #932

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texdentist View Post
It's been a long time, and the show is rarely around in reruns, so I don't remember any specific episodes. It was just two young guys tavelling the country looking for adventure. They would be in a different town each week, maybe find an odd job to make a few bucks, get to know a few town folks, and invariably get involved in some local intrigue - often bailing some good looking young woman out of trouble. Interestingly, they almost never spoke directly about their car or Corvettes. It was just the car they were driving. Even at my young age, I could never figure out how two guys who had to get short term jobs waiting tables or cleaning out horse stalls could afford to drive a Corvette.
I'm not worried about the story or how could they afford a Vette
When they had the Knight Rider I couldn't miss one, although I was asking myself where did that big black truck kept going. Or keep? Not my mother language, sorry.

Sure I loved Transams, but my real dream was the Corvette. Every model year.
Andonis is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2013, 11:17 AM   #49
C2C3C4C6
DC Crew

Member #14484

My Corvette(s)
2005 Black/Ebony coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andonis View Post
I'm not worried about the story or how could they afford a Vette
When they had the Knight Rider I couldn't miss one, although I was asking myself where did that big black truck kept going. Or keep? Not my mother language, sorry.

Sure I loved Transams, but my real dream was the Corvette. Every model year.
Tod inherited the Vette from his Dad.
C2C3C4C6 is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2013, 12:11 PM   #50
Fly03Z06

Member #68577

Quote:
Originally Posted by C2C3C4C6 View Post
Tod inherited the Vette from his Dad.
Just as my parents gave me the same single "d" version of the characters name from Route 66. I also inherited the passion for the Vette from my father. Sacrificing the hearing in my right ear at only 4 years old, while sitting in the passenger seat of a 427 vert with sidepipes, during a mule car Engine dyno test. At 4, I new more about big block Corvettes than most kids knew about building blocks or Matchbox's.

Last edited by Fly03Z06; 01-14-2013 at 01:12 PM.
Fly03Z06 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Fly03Z06 For This Useful Post:
Longtimer (01-13-2013)
Old 01-13-2013, 02:38 PM   #51
TheMelkMan
DC Crew

Member #118968

Quote:
If Chevy wants to see C7 posters on kids' walls, it needs to get one front and center on a show that boys from 12-20 will watch. These days, that's probably not a drama. It's probably some kind of reality show where a couple of young guys travel around in a C7 doing something funny or adventurous.
These days it's not so much television as it is Forza on the XBox 360 and Gran Turismo on the PS3. I think GM is taking a step in the right direction by making the unveiling of the car in GT5 a big deal.
TheMelkMan is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2013, 02:54 PM   #52
Longtimer
DC Pit Crew Boss

Member #3668

My Corvette(s)
'07 Z51 6Mn NCM delivery, '79 L82 4 sp gymk - Gone '87 Z52 4+3, 76 L-82 4 spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMelkMan View Post
These days it's not so much television as it is Forza on the XBox 360 and Gran Turismo on the PS3. I think GM is taking a step in the right direction by making the unveiling of the car in GT5 a big deal.

This part of their plan, making the "Game generations" more aware of Corvette's performance capabilities, is good marketing and long overdue.
Longtimer is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
'07:bought from a former sponsor, Z06 wheels and Vararam from former sponsors, Various accessories from Corvette Central and Corvette America. B&B Fusions with Corsa X pipe. Shine from Adam's
'87: refurbished all interior with parts from Corv Central '79: Interior refurb = Corvette America, and Corvette Central, T1Rs, Foose Legends
DC Sponsors
________________________________________ ________

Corvette ownership is like owning your own fountain of youth ... and we get a sip from it each time the signal turns green. Watching for C8 fixes & improvements
Old 01-13-2013, 03:08 PM   #53
Atheris
DC Crew

Member #894

Brilliant on GM/Sony's part. Symbiotic branding...where two or more companies that have strong brand equity...market each other's products. It's more than making gamers aware of performance. They're communicating brand value/identity.

Auto makers with the strongest brands are:

1) Toyota
2) Mercedes
3) BMW

Toyota is the 10th most recognized global brand.

Last edited by Atheris; 01-13-2013 at 03:57 PM.
Atheris is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2013, 07:09 PM   #54
RAGS747
DC Crew

Member #1131

My Corvette(s)
96 Grand Sport

A lot of you guys are way to sensitive. The point of the article is that GM would like the car to be cross shopped with Audi, BMW, Porsche etc when those that have the funds are making a purchase decision. The article goes on to show that the Corvette is not even considered when someone is droping big $$ on a new Audi, Porsche or BMW. All GM is saying here is they would like to be one of the cars considered and the only way they can get back into that group is to be considered relevant, today it is really not considered that way...Even my 17 yr old daughter says oh its a Corvette. Now the C7 she is absolutely in love with as am I...Maybe GM has actually struck the right chord here.

You want a mid engine Corvette one day then the Coevette today needs to relevant and not only to us Corvette guys.
RAGS747 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2013, 07:41 PM   #55
Fattoys
DC Crew

Member #26010

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAGS747 View Post
A lot of you guys are way to sensitive. The point of the article is that GM would like the car to be cross shopped with Audi, BMW, Porsche etc when those that have the funds are making a purchase decision. The article goes on to show that the Corvette is not even considered when someone is droping big $$ on a new Audi, Porsche or BMW. All GM is saying here is they would like to be one of the cars considered and the only way they can get back into that group is to be considered relevant, today it is really not considered that way...Even my 17 yr old daughter says oh its a Corvette. Now the C7 she is absolutely in love with as am I...Maybe GM has actually struck the right chord here.

You want a mid engine Corvette one day then the Coevette today needs to relevant and not only to us Corvette guys.
Good point. I agree I own a BMW, LOTUS, AUDI & a PORSCHE. I also have owned 3 Vettes in my life. I belong to all types of car clubs and most European car owners would never consider crossing over and buying a vette. Every time I tell them hey I am thinking about buying another C6 ZO6 they say I am crazy. I understand why GM wants to bring in another group of buyers. I bet they feel just maybe they will cross over and buy other GM products like a new Cadillac instead of a 3 series BMW. In order for GM to grow they need to get the European crowd and the younger generation wanting a new C7. If the new C7 looks as good as the pictures I will have one this time next year...
Fattoys is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2013, 12:40 AM   #56
MORVETTES
DC Crew

Member #16134

My Corvette(s)
2000 pewter C5 cpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAGS747 View Post

Finally a guy who understands They've said "if you were able to afford the C6, you could afford the C7. Price to be around 50k. Corvette got the nick name because it was priced to where you'd only see older guys (Dr's, lawyers) driving them. People would say mid life crisis, he's wanting to be a young guy. Boy racer! Chevy has been looking into a wider ranger of buyers, that's nothing new. The C4 got a foot in the door when it dominated,the competition in SCCA racing, then fell off a bit then made another attempt with the ZR-1. C5,C6 Z06,ZR1 and Corvette racing have tore the door down and bridged that gap. Nurburg ring times and Le Mans wins,have propelled Corvette, to a well known name World wide. Movies like Transformers, and video games like Gran Turismo (which I'm playing now) along with sites like You Tube,shows like Top Gear and internet forums has got the younger group more aware. I think the interior was the only knock on the Vette with the foreign buyers. Now with that fixed with the C7, they are in a good position, to go after that market. Corvette is hot, just check around internet, it don't matter what car group.
MORVETTES is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2013, 01:31 AM   #57
Aleem 1983
DC Crew

Member #14577

My Corvette(s)
1995 Chevy Blazer (Sold) 2006 Honda Accord Coupe V6 (Current)

The Wraith

Quote:
Found this link to Corvettes in TV and movies, for what it's worth.

http://www.oocities.org/motorcity/do.../movievet.html
They actually forgot a great Charlie Sheen movie called The Wraith made in 1986. I'm certain many of our forum members have seen it but if not there is a DVD out for it and I won't mention anymore other than the 1975 Corvette coupe with what looks to be a C4 rear bumper panel and a Daytona straight head lamp conversion and hood.
Aleem 1983 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"Not All Womens Minds Are Engineered With The Balanced Abilty To Compromise & Understand, So, Like Any Other Obstruction In The Road Of Life, You Have To Learn How To Steer Around Them"
Old 01-20-2013, 02:48 AM   #58
Andonis
DC Crew

Member #932

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleem 1983 View Post
They actually forgot a great Charlie Sheen movie called The Wraith made in 1986. I'm certain many of our forum members have seen it but if not there is a DVD out for it and I won't mention anymore other than the 1975 Corvette coupe with what looks to be a C4 rear bumper panel and a Daytona straight head lamp conversion and hood.
great movie, perfect soundtrack
correct me if I'm wrong, but that looks like a Greenwood or something.
Old 01-20-2013, 06:05 AM   #59
Fluffy

Member #68058

My Corvette(s)
JSB 2008 Coupe

The new schwarzy has a ZR1 in it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIersyq-Gt8

Going to see on Wednesday
Fluffy is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Rayman XIII
Old 01-20-2013, 06:11 AM   #60
Andonis
DC Crew

Member #932

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
The new schwarzy has a ZR1 in it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIersyq-Gt8

Going to see on Wednesday
yup and a ZL1 also
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (12 CHARACTERS MAXIMUM), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.