C7 Thoughts - Page 3 - Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums

Go Back   Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums > C7 Corvette Forums > C7 Corvette - Facts | Info | Rumors
Register Forums Garage Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Notices

C7 Corvette - Facts | Info | Rumors The first C7 Corvette info is rolling in...

Shops/Tuners
Custom Image Corvettes
A&A Corvette
Corvette tuner

Interior
Corvette aftermarket products

Insurance

Parts & Products
Race Ramps
Edelbrock
ATI/Procharger
Corvetteguys.com
Melrose Motorsports
Parts Taxi
Airaid
Mid America Motorworks
Pfadt Racing
Madvette Motorsports
Hi-tech Custom Concepts
Corvette aftermarket products
Corvette Garage
Corvette Parts and Accessories
Corvette Car Care Products
Corvette HID
Mid America Motoroworks

Tracks/Schools
Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving
Corvette driving school

Wheels/Tires
Cray Wheels

Services
BADWERKS.com

Old 01-18-2013, 12:17 PM   #31
RAGS747
DC Crew

Member #1131

My Corvette(s)
96 Grand Sport

C7 is absolutely beautiful to me, I love every single design detail. Finally an agressive design that is beautiful. Did I say I love it?

Compare the Viper fron end to the C7, Viper looks like a nice comfy soft pillow, Vette looks like an F-117 Nighthawk Stealth fighter. I think she will be a big hit...
RAGS747 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2013, 12:32 PM   #32
GhostShadow
DC Crew

Member #117913

My Corvette(s)
It fell off a cliff...

Quote:
Originally Posted by blckslvr79 View Post

Just trying to lighten things up.

I could have blamed Obama!

I figured

Whispering in everyone's ear reigniting the embers of the C7 rear.

Wait till the C8 comes out, I hear the Corvette will be following Porsche's lead and make a hybrid. Obamas doing? Definitely.
GhostShadow is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2013, 12:53 PM   #33
OldVetteFan
Iron Fist in a Velvet Glove

Member #23592

My Corvette(s)
65 Coupe (Sold) 95 Blk Coupe (Gold Cert - Sold) 2011 Grand Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobrenyr View Post
Well GM certainly did create controversy with this C7. Now we have corvette lovers at odds with each other... just sad.

I really don't know what i would say to a C7 owner, i don't want to insult him or the brand because i love the brand and respect someone who puts down their hard earned money on one.
Corvette lovers have been at odds with each other for a long time - just ask a C4 owner how many times they've heard other Corvette owners point out the myriad faults of the '84 - '96 while they stand next to their cars.

It isn't just on forums, either - just in casual conversation with C5 and C6 owners, I've been reminded that the C4 is regarded as the 'red headed step child' of the Corvette world.

There are C3 fans that gripe all the time that the last 'real' Corvette generation was the C3, and all that came afterward have been nothing but pretenders.

So, don't be surprised about this latest tempest in a teapot. Some people will hate the C7 until they depart this earth, while others will love it. Then there are some like me, that will wait to see it in person, and perhaps it will grow on me over time.

With regard the Camaro tail lights - it's true, the lights DO look like - or at least bear a similar appearance to - the Camaro. But it isn't like the Corvette has exclusively used ROUND tail lights since 1961. As I recall, the 90 ZR1 came out with not quite round lights, and that was mainstreamed to successive C4 cars after that. Additionally, revered C5 NEVER had ROUND tail lights - they are more accurately described as ELLIPTICAL. The C6 returned to the more traditional ROUND lights.

Odd - I don't really remember much controversy about the shape of C4 and C5 tail lights.

As for what I'll say to the C7 owner's I meet, I think it will be something like "Congratulations! Great car! Do you like it?" because Corvette generations 1 - 7 are ALL in the family, and we should, at the very least, take care of family. But I'm a C4 owner, so it might be nice to have someone else that the elitist owners will show disdain to along with me!

Steven
OldVetteFan is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
If energy and enthusiasm were a substitute for experience and expertise, then I could hire my 12 year old to do this job.

NCM Club Ambassador
Master Ambassador - 2009
Old 01-20-2013, 01:08 PM   #34
sixpeedreams
DC Crew

Member #17449

My Corvette(s)
'80 & '95 Z28's (poor man's Vettes)

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_Clams View Post
Styling will not hold it back? Styling is the backbone of every car on the market...
Here's the thing -- style is as style does. Meaning that if the C7 kicks ass from a performance perspective then its looks, whatever they are, will tend to get respect, imitated, and help redefine what attractive is.

Here's an example: A lot of kids think its cool to wear shoes with no laces and pants with no belt. Its completely stupid, so why do they do it? Because prison inmates have their laces and belts taken away to prevent them from using them as weapons or to commit suicide. The kids want to look tough and dangerous so they imitate that -- it becomes the style.
sixpeedreams is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
You can crack your finger, but don't finger your crack.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (12 CHARACTERS MAXIMUM), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.