C7: Seems GM Has A Hit - Page 2 - Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums

Go Back   Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums > C7 Corvette Forums > C7 Corvette - Facts | Info | Rumors
Register Forums Garage Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Notices

C7 Corvette - Facts | Info | Rumors The first C7 Corvette info is rolling in...

Shops/Tuners
Custom Image Corvettes
A&A Corvette
Corvette tuner

Interior
Corvette aftermarket products

Insurance

Parts & Products
Race Ramps
Edelbrock
ATI/Procharger
Corvetteguys.com
Melrose Motorsports
Parts Taxi
Airaid
Mid America Motorworks
Pfadt Racing
Madvette Motorsports
Hi-tech Custom Concepts
Corvette aftermarket products
Corvette Garage
Corvette Parts and Accessories
Corvette Car Care Products
Corvette HID
Mid America Motoroworks

Tracks/Schools
Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving
Corvette driving school

Wheels/Tires
Cray Wheels

Services
BADWERKS.com

Old 01-19-2013, 01:26 PM   #16
STURG
DC Crew

Member #7556

My Corvette(s)
'07 C6 Z06

Agree with the above comments. Love my C6 Z06 (along with C2's and C1's) but think the C7 will be a real hit. I'm looking forward though to a "wide body" (Z06/ZR1/Gran Sport) style which will hopefully come in a year or so.
STURG is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
STURG
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-19-2013, 01:38 PM   #17
VetteUSA
I have poor impulse control.

Member #64186

My Corvette(s)
'93 LT1 Coupe (2005 - 2011). '08 CTS (Now)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blckslvr79 View Post
Same thing I was thinking.

I don't think political leaning has anything to do with favorism of the C7. Personally, It's a step forward, I just think the ass is ugly and they stole to many concepts from other manufacturers. It's a let down. I believe American designers could do better.
Exactly.
Just redesign the outside and you've actually got a good car.
VetteUSA is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2013, 02:08 PM   #18
TheSwift1
DC Crew

Member #13141

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Draper View Post
I went to my local Chevrolet dealer today (I bought a Cruze...more on that later)
So where's the post about the Cruze? Or did I miss it?
TheSwift1 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2013, 02:46 PM   #19
bkuper
DC Crew

Member #16

My Corvette(s)
1994 Dark Metallic Red Coupe, 1989 Bright Red Coupe, 1986 Black Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongo View Post
As a very long time member of this site, what I have liked most about the C7 is that interest in it has (for a short time at least) managed to overwhelm the nearly unbearable political bullshit that has permeated this car forum.

At the very least the political BS could be confined to the News Room where no one has to read it unless they choose to.
bkuper is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Brian Kuper
Dallas, Texas
http://www.gff.com/

1994 LT1 Coupe (broken and sold)
1989 L98 Coupe (sold)
1986 L98 Coupe (bone yard)
Old 01-19-2013, 05:39 PM   #20
Aleem 1983
DC Crew

Member #14577

My Corvette(s)
1995 Chevy Blazer (Sold) 2006 Honda Accord Coupe V6 (Current)

Where is Longtimer to put some gasoline in this thread.
Aleem 1983 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"Not All Womens Minds Are Engineered With The Balanced Abilty To Compromise & Understand, So, Like Any Other Obstruction In The Road Of Life, You Have To Learn How To Steer Around Them"
Old 01-19-2013, 07:15 PM   #21
Spiderpat
Web Head

Member #39596

My Corvette(s)
04 Z06 aka The Black Widow

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMelkMan View Post
I've been saying all along that once it's unveiled, the general public are going to love it. The handful of members who have been spamming this forum for the past several months about how much they hate the design are a very vocal minority.

Many of the naysayers have been criticizing the strategy of appealing to a younger demographic, saying young people aren't able to afford a 'vette. They're missing the point. The idea isn't that 13-year-old Billy is going to run out and buy a new C7 as soon as he's played Gran Turismo 5, it's about changing the perception of the car. For the last few generations, the Corvette has looked pretty unremarkable (definitely not unattractive, but just not very noticeable). When most people see a C4, C5, C6 corvette drive by, the car is completely invisible to them; they don't even notice it. I think GM finally has a design that people will notice, for the first time in several decades.
And here it is.

Spamming?? Seriously?
What I have said is, simply put, I hate the rear. It looks camaroish. The styling of the interior is fantastic. I'm getting used to the front, not bad, and the side profile is decent also. I like the looks of the fat ass but hate the rear view.
Spiderpat is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
My Black Widow

Most of my patients survive no matter what I do to them
Old 01-19-2013, 08:48 PM   #22
DarthAWM
DC Crew

Member #83845

My Corvette(s)
2003 Torch Red 6 speed coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderpat View Post
And here it is.

Spamming?? Seriously?
What I have said is, simply put, I hate the rear. It looks camaroish. The styling of the interior is fantastic. I'm getting used to the front, not bad, and the side profile is decent also. I like the looks of the fat ass but hate the rear view.
Well, us C5 guys do like a big booty
DarthAWM is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
America is all about speed.
Hot, nasty, badass speed.
-Eleanore Roosevelt
The Following User Says Thank You to DarthAWM For This Useful Post:
stinger430 (01-19-2013)
Old 01-19-2013, 09:08 PM   #23
TheMelkMan
DC Crew

Member #118968

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderpat View Post
Spamming?? Seriously?
I've already admitted it wasn't the best choice of words. My point was simply that according to a poll on this forum, less than 16% of members hate or dislike the car... and yet, for over a year now, at least 90% of the posts have been bitching about the design; it's a handful of people saying basically the same things over and over again like a broken record.

Like I said, I've always loved the old FJ40 Land Crusiers, but I think the new FJ Cruisers are an abomination. So I've never bothered to visit an FJ Cruiser forum, because I don't see the point in spending all of my free time discussing something I don't even like. I just don't get it.
TheMelkMan is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2013, 09:33 PM   #24
gtx76
DC Crew

Member #16455

Quote:
I've been saying all along that once it's unveiled, the general public are going to love it. The handful of members who have been spamming this forum for the past several months about how much they hate the design are a very vocal minority.

Many of the naysayers have been criticizing the strategy of appealing to a younger demographic, saying young people aren't able to afford a 'vette. They're missing the point. The idea isn't that 13-year-old Billy is going to run out and buy a new C7 as soon as he's played Gran Turismo 5, it's about changing the perception of the car. For the last few generations, the Corvette has looked pretty unremarkable (definitely not unattractive, but just not very noticeable). When most people see a C4, C5, C6 corvette drive by, the car is completely invisible to them; they don't even notice it. I think GM finally has a design that people will notice, for the first time in several decades.
You are right about invisible, you see a Viper go by and you notice. The new Vette is now in that same head turning category.
gtx76 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2013, 10:59 PM   #25
Chris Draper
DC Crew

Member #3332

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSwift1 View Post
It's coming....it's been a busy 48hrs for me....
Chris Draper is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Corvette Info Center http://corvette-info.tripod.com
Corvette Racing History http://corvette-racing.tripod.com
Corvette Concepts History http://corvette-concepts.tripod.com
Corvette Info Center Facebook Page http://www.facebook.com/corvetteinfocenter
Old 01-19-2013, 11:51 PM   #26
Spiderpat
Web Head

Member #39596

My Corvette(s)
04 Z06 aka The Black Widow

Quote:
I've already admitted it wasn't the best choice of words. My point was simply that according to a poll on this forum, less than 16% of members hate or dislike the car... and yet, for over a year now, at least 90% of the posts have been bitching about the design; it's a handful of people saying basically the same things over and over again like a broken record.

Like I said, I've always loved the old FJ40 Land Crusiers, but I think the new FJ Cruisers are an abomination. So I've never bothered to visit an FJ Cruiser forum, because I don't see the point in spending all of my free time discussing something I don't even like. I just don't get it.
Wow
I was just yanking at your chain bro.
I meant what I said about the car though.
Spiderpat is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
My Black Widow

Most of my patients survive no matter what I do to them
Old 01-20-2013, 01:52 AM   #27
Fluffy

Member #68058

My Corvette(s)
JSB 2008 Coupe

There are things I like and things I don't like: I really don't like the rear, sorry.

That being said, I wish the best of success to GM with the sales. Their success impacts my ability, or lack thereof, to drive my car in the future.

So I'm very happy that people are all excited about the car, I sincerely hope this translates into sales and doesn't stay at the level of "buzz".

With a rear like that, I won't be part of the sales, but I certainly hope that a lot of people will buy the car so that the Corvette keeps thriving, because it deserves to.

I may, after I finished building my house, look into putting that DIC on my current vette though

Fluffy is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Rayman XIII
Old 01-20-2013, 04:17 PM   #28
Chris Draper
DC Crew

Member #3332

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSwift1 View Post
http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/foru...d.php?t=164603
Chris Draper is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Corvette Info Center http://corvette-info.tripod.com
Corvette Racing History http://corvette-racing.tripod.com
Corvette Concepts History http://corvette-concepts.tripod.com
Corvette Info Center Facebook Page http://www.facebook.com/corvetteinfocenter
Old 01-20-2013, 04:30 PM   #29
PNHNDLE96CE

Member #14104

My Corvette(s)
96 LT1 Collector Edition

I am one of the outspoken dislikers and I still am. I don't like the rear at all. There are things I like, I am glad it will be one of the best performance cars around , but to me I can't get over the camaroesque tail lights. 90% of the people liking it is fine, Sorry if I don't. BTW I hate the cheesy chrome Stingrays on the side too.
PNHNDLE96CE is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2013, 05:06 PM   #30
Roadkillz
Formerly DOC7000

Member #820

I would have to agree on one point, if someone just managed to have a look at this forum they would come to the conclusion that 90% of the forum members hate the C7. Yet if a poll shows that really only 16% do not like the C7 it shows that there is a huge disconnect with what is being posted and how forum members (as a group) feel about the C7.

It has also gotten a little annoying hearing the same people complain about the same thing on this car. You do not have to say a billion times that you do not like the rear end on this car.

I partly feel as though part of the reason for this comes from some of the intimidation that has happened (some people who like the C7 were stated to not be a real Corvette fan). Honestly I know that this had an impact on my voicing my opinion about the car (not that I was afraid but because I find that mentality to be a bit annoying).

I noticed that some who hate the C7 are always trying to make it sound as if they are in the majority. However from everything that I have seen those who hate the C7 are actually in the minority.

At the same time everyone is entitled to their opinion, I would just rather have a bit more mature (even more mature then what I sometimes bring to the table) debate about things.
Roadkillz is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. " Aristotle
The Following User Says Thank You to Roadkillz For This Useful Post:
TF3N (01-24-2013)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (12 CHARACTERS MAXIMUM), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.