C7 Vette - What's a Gal to do - Page 2 - Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums

Go Back   Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums > C7 Corvette Forums > C7 Corvette - Facts | Info | Rumors
Register Forums Garage Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Notices

C7 Corvette - Facts | Info | Rumors The first C7 Corvette info is rolling in...

Shops/Tuners
Custom Image Corvettes
A&A Corvette
Corvette tuner

Interior
Corvette aftermarket products

Insurance

Parts & Products
Race Ramps
Edelbrock
ATI/Procharger
Corvetteguys.com
Melrose Motorsports
Parts Taxi
Airaid
Mid America Motorworks
Pfadt Racing
Madvette Motorsports
Hi-tech Custom Concepts
Corvette aftermarket products
Corvette Garage
Corvette Parts and Accessories
Corvette Car Care Products
Corvette HID
Mid America Motoroworks

Tracks/Schools
Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving
Corvette driving school

Wheels/Tires
Cray Wheels

Services
BADWERKS.com

Old 01-22-2013, 09:14 PM   #16
Atheris
DC Crew

Member #894

The interior is touted as world-class. "If it looks like leather...it's fine leather...if it looks like aluminum it is."

Looks fantastic from the photos and video. For sure an upgrade from your C6.

I drove a C6 a while back and didn't think it was that shabby. The truth is the Europeans just need something to bitch about. It will be interesting to see what gripes them when the C7 is kicking their ass.

I think Mustangs look like refrigerators.
Atheris is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2013, 09:19 PM   #17
DropTopGal

Member #98067

My Corvette(s)
2010 GS Coupe ~ 2008 VY Vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbwalker View Post
DTG,

What seats do you prefer?
Both C7 seat options seem to be a significant improvement over the C6. However, being rather petite, I don't mind the C6 seats and in some ways, the C6 seat is more cushiony and feel better than the seats in our late model Lexus(s).

The appearance of the upgraded C7 seats - sport or track seats (whatever GM called them) - let's just say that if I were a seat, I wouldn't mind being paired up with one of those. Very sexy as far as a seat goes.
DropTopGal is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Good Girls ~~ Drive It HARD
**SOLD** 2010 Grand Sport JSB~3LT~A6~NPP~Chrome Wheels~Nav~Heritage~Titanium-Ebony~Full Rear Wing~Sport Pedals ~ Dyno: 445hp / 429tq @ wheels

Mods: LG Longtube Headers~LG X Pipe~LG High Flow Cats~3" Coltrs~160' Stat~PFADT JOC Stg I Suspension~PCM & A6 Tune
Cosmetic: RaceMesh Grills~LED Tail Lights~Mild to Wild~Lloyds Mats~Vette Tray2~JWM LED Lights~Custom LED~Corvette Inserts~Chrome Exhaust Plate~Venture Shield~18% Tint
Audio: Pioneer Z120BT~Boston Acoustics SR95 & SR65 / JL Slash 300amp~JL 10" Stealthbox / JL Slash 500amp~Backup Camera~Shock Sensor / Alarm
Old 01-22-2013, 09:25 PM   #18
DropTopGal

Member #98067

My Corvette(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atheris View Post
The interior is touted as world-class. "If it looks like leather...it's fine leather...if it looks like aluminum it is."

Looks fantastic from the photos and video. For sure an upgrade from your C6.

I drove a C6 a while back and didn't think it was that shabby. The truth is the Europeans just need something to bitch about. It will be interesting to see what gripes them when the C7 is kicking their ass.

I think Mustangs look like refrigerators.
I watched that GM sales video also - but all leather is not created equal.

Interesting side factoid: Veyron Bugatti leather comes from cows that reside above a certain altitude to assure no mosquito bites on the hide. Go figure!!

I'm just excited to see the C7 in person as most of you are and surely hope that GM hit a home run and doing more than talking the talk, but also walking the walk.
**SOLD** 2010 Grand Sport JSB~3LT~A6~NPP~Chrome Wheels~Nav~Heritage~Titanium-Ebony~Full Rear Wing~Sport Pedals ~ Dyno: 445hp / 429tq @ wheels

Mods: LG Longtube Headers~LG X Pipe~LG High Flow Cats~3" Coltrs~160' Stat~PFADT JOC Stg I Suspension~PCM & A6 Tune
Cosmetic: RaceMesh Grills~LED Tail Lights~Mild to Wild~Lloyds Mats~Vette Tray2~JWM LED Lights~Custom LED~Corvette Inserts~Chrome Exhaust Plate~Venture Shield~18% Tint
Audio: Pioneer Z120BT~Boston Acoustics SR95 & SR65 / JL Slash 300amp~JL 10" Stealthbox / JL Slash 500amp~Backup Camera~Shock Sensor / Alarm
Old 01-22-2013, 11:05 PM   #19
TheMelkMan
DC Crew

Member #118968

Quote:
Originally Posted by DropTopGal View Post
Interesting side factoid: Veyron Bugatti leather comes from cows that reside above a certain altitude to assure no mosquito bites on the hide. Go figure!!
If you want a sports car with a bespoke interior made from the most opulent materials available, it's going to cost you a hell of a lot more than ~$55,000. I'm sure on a Veyron, the interior alone costs more than an entire Corvette. (I realize you weren't suggesting the Corvette should match the Veyron's interior... but still)

I think people who complained about the C6 interior had a valid grievance, but there is only so much GM can do in that price range. You shouldn't expect ivory buttons and platinum trim for the price of a 'Vette. From the looks of it, GM has greatly improved the interior, and I can only hope that the appearance of improvement translates to the real world experience... I guess none of us will know until we have a chance to actually sit in the car.
TheMelkMan is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2013, 11:37 PM   #20
DropTopGal

Member #98067

My Corvette(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMelkMan View Post
If you want a sports car with a bespoke interior made from the most opulent materials available, it's going to cost you a hell of a lot more than ~$55,000. I'm sure on a Veyron, the interior alone costs more than an entire Corvette. (I realize you weren't suggesting the Corvette should match the Veyron's interior... but still)

I think people who complained about the C6 interior had a valid grievance, but there is only so much GM can do in that price range. You shouldn't expect ivory buttons and platinum trim for the price of a 'Vette. From the looks of it, GM has greatly improved the interior, and I can only hope that the appearance of improvement translates to the real world experience... I guess none of us will know until we have a chance to actually sit in the car.
The Veyron factoid was an interesting tid-bit and not comparing to anything, especially a Vette. Did you know that about the Veyron? As car enthusiasts, I find that to be a neat tid-bit.

Also, who is expecting ivory buttons and platinum in their Vette? Certainly not me (I get that elsewhere). Those are your words, not mine. It is not overboard to simply expect quality materials and decent - well fitted leather - particularly on the upgraded packages (ex. 3LT, 4LT). Cars that cost less than even a base Vette have long had higher quality materials and better fit / finish. Cars that cost equal to a base Vette tend to have superior interiors. Time to move on....

So when the C7 pics came out and I viewed several HD interior images, the first thing I noticed was that in the images, the materials seem to be of the same C6 (3LT, 4LT) quality, just with a different layout. I sure hope that is not the case.

Now some may chime in, "oh, but the Vette is all about performance.. yada yada...". I differ. It is the complete package that should be evaluated. After all, how much will a C7 with 3LT / 4LT package and other common options cost? $60k to $70k? Why compromise on lesser interior materials? Heck, this holds true not just for a Vette, but any car for that matter.

BTW - $60 to $70k sure buys into a very nice market place in performance cars. (ie. Cayman S, Boxter S, BMW M3, Audi RS and S lines, Cadillac CTS-V, MB SLK55 AMG, five Smart fortwo -s (had to throw that in for laughs).

Yes, the Vette has always had "more affordable" performance at a lesser price. Duhhh.... But performance will only get you so far. Enjoying a car as a whole is my point, not just the track times, zero to sixty, or 1/4 mile run. It is equally essential to sit in it and go ahhhhh.

So for my $60 to $70k (more for a C7Z), you bet I expect a quality interior that rivals the likes of the above mentioned cars. You guys should expect the same for your hard earned mula $$ as well. I certainly hope that the real thing puts the posted interior images to shame.

BTW.. the new HUD is awesome!

Old 01-23-2013, 02:08 PM   #21
RTGordon

Member #22113

My Corvette(s)
These tights make my butt look big.

To be honest, I think it will come down to being a matter of personal taste when you are ready to buy. The last two Corvette iterations did not have a myriad of significant reliability issues their first year, but with the plethora of new tech on this model, I can understand some reluctance. As far as interior build quality, I think the jury is out until we see something other than hand-built test mules and show cars. The significant investment made at Bowling Green likely affected all areas of assembly, so their ability to acheive reproducible, tight-tolerance vehicles is still unknown.

If I had any desire to carry additional passengers, the M3 and CTS-V would make for some interesting cross-shopping and provide refined handling and ride. Any Porsche would be a blast, but I would recommend driving a few to see how much you like the handling. They are... different. I still haven't warmed up to the entire C7 design, so I would rather have a C6 Z with its so-called dated styling and average interior.

Whatever you get, make sure you post pictures of it!

RTGordon is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
2000 Pewter/Black Coupe, gone.
1974 Blue/Silver Coupe, gone.
1982 Gold Coupe, gone.
Old 01-23-2013, 03:01 PM   #22
DropTopGal

Member #98067

My Corvette(s)

Guys... I want to make clear that of all the cars made, the Vette has always caught my eye and having now owned two - both with very good reliability (knock on wood) - it is the only car that I don't feel the urge to trade in after a couple of years. Compared to the likes of Porsche for instance, the Vette not only looks better and holds its own in performance, but is a bargain, and I much rather support GM than VW / Porsche.

I've been fortunate to have other nice cars in the garage, so I can readily compare. Never owned a Porsche and the new 911 is dreamy - but at a price that is bloated / equally dreamy. Besides, the costs of ownership of a Porsche can be excessive and makes the Vette even more of a value. FWIW: The R8 (V8 version) my hubby drove for a while was just - wow, but never caught the eye like my GS Vette does.

I think the C6 interior is pretty good but just not in the same league as the competition. Just hoping for two steps up with the C7 for interior quality / materials / fit n finish to rival the likes of Porsche, BMW, Audi, Lexus... If GM makes the C7 interior like that of the CTS-V - I'd be most pleased.

Oh... and when the C7Z is released, due to the new body structure, it too may have a targa top. How sweet that will be!!

And the show goes on....

Old 02-07-2013, 02:47 PM   #23
bruzler
DC Crew

Member #9636

My Corvette(s)
multiple

You can rest assured the C7 interior shares absolutely NOTHING in common with the C6 interior. The C6 base car is all foam and skin molded (funny because that is EXACTLY what a new Audi A6 base car is...so is the BMW 3 series...but that's another subject as they get praise, funny because perception is reality). The base C7 is a near 100% wrapped interior ...this being my business I can tell you it is very nice from a quality of material and craftsmanship standpoint, world class & I make all OEM interiors so I speak with some background. As far as overall interior styling, eh...it is subjective, they could have put a nicer steering wheel for sure, but for materials it is VERY nice, just sit in it and you'll know. As far as other cars being nicer, yes my 911tts with full leather interior is a whole different level of quality and fit and finish, but I absolutely will be buying a C7Z when it hits the market!
bruzler is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to bruzler For This Useful Post:
leshelt (02-07-2013)
Old 02-07-2013, 04:17 PM   #24
AlexY
DC Crew

Member #8935

Chris Draper posted the sales guide a while back and it specified Napa leather as standard for the 3LT option (and suede headliner and trim available as well). Napa leather is about as good as it gets, so unless you NEED leather made from the gentleman's bits of a whale this should satisfy anyone's need for performance luxury.
AlexY is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (12 CHARACTERS MAXIMUM), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.