C7 Rear Mock-Up - Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums
 
 
Go Back   Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums > C7 Corvette Forums > C7 Corvette - Facts | Info | Rumors
Register Forums Garage Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Notices

C7 Corvette - Facts | Info | Rumors The first C7 Corvette info is rolling in...

Shops/Tuners
Custom Image Corvettes
A&A Corvette
Corvette tuner

Interior
Corvette aftermarket products

Insurance

Parts & Products
Race Ramps
Edelbrock
ATI/Procharger
Corvetteguys.com
Melrose Motorsports
Parts Taxi
Airaid
Mid America Motorworks
Pfadt Racing
Madvette Motorsports
Hi-tech Custom Concepts
Corvette aftermarket products
Corvette Garage
Corvette Parts and Accessories
Corvette Car Care Products
Corvette HID
Mid America Motoroworks

Tracks/Schools
Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving
Corvette driving school

Wheels/Tires
Cray Wheels

Services
BADWERKS.com
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2013, 04:50 AM   #1
johnb21
DC Crew
 
johnb21's Avatar
 
Posts: 20
Member #120700
Member since: Jan 2013
Location: Dubai, UAE

My Corvette(s)
Had a 53, 57, 59, 66, 67, 69, & an 02

Thanks: 0
Thanked 8 Times in 5 Posts
C7 Rear Mock-Up

I actually love the new C7 and think it is the best Vette ever. I think the rear end looks good as well but here is a very rough idea (I am not a photoshop guy) of how I would look mine to look.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	stingray2.001.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	2853  
johnb21 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-22-2013, 08:00 AM   #2
AlexY
DC Crew
 
AlexY's Avatar
 
Posts: 746
Member #8935
Member since: Feb 2004
Location: New York, NY

Thanks: 17
Thanked 37 Times in 14 Posts
Hey I kinda like that, sweet
AlexY is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2013, 08:38 AM   #3
Junkman2008
DC Pit Crew Boss
 
Junkman2008's Avatar
 
Posts: 25,354
Member #71977
Member since: Apr 2008
Location: Louisville, KY

My Corvette(s)
2001 Navy Blue Metallic Coupe

Thanks: 171
Thanked 547 Times in 430 Posts
Garage
If you like it then why do you want yours to look different? Maybe you don't really like it?
Junkman2008 is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"Marines - Making the other guy die for his country for over 200 years."
Old 01-22-2013, 12:44 PM   #4
dobrenyr
DC Crew
 
Posts: 454
Member #29319
Member since: Jan 2005
Location: Toronto / Ontario / Canada

Thanks: 31
Thanked 42 Times in 36 Posts
With one quick photoshop, you have managed to make that rear end far more tolerating. If only the GM designers could have come up with that. I'm still not a big fan of that rear but you have made it look much more fluid... something that Welburn et all have "said" they did... maybe you should get the job, after all you made this improvement in just a couple of days and how long did it take them ??
dobrenyr is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Tricky
Old 01-23-2013, 12:12 AM   #5
johnb21
DC Crew
 
johnb21's Avatar
 
Posts: 20
Member #120700
Member since: Jan 2013
Location: Dubai, UAE

My Corvette(s)
Had a 53, 57, 59, 66, 67, 69, & an 02

Thanks: 0
Thanked 8 Times in 5 Posts
Here it is with round tail lights... i like both.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	stingray5.001.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	184.8 KB
ID:	2854  
johnb21 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to johnb21 For This Useful Post:
rdevaux2007 (01-23-2013)
Old 01-23-2013, 12:18 AM   #6
Junkman2008
DC Pit Crew Boss
 
Junkman2008's Avatar
 
Posts: 25,354
Member #71977
Member since: Apr 2008
Location: Louisville, KY

My Corvette(s)
2001 Navy Blue Metallic Coupe

Thanks: 171
Thanked 547 Times in 430 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnb21 View Post
Here it is with round tail lights... i like both.
Now if you brought those lights more to the center, that would be very nice. Some vendor is going to make a killing by producing a better ass for that car.
Junkman2008 is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"Marines - Making the other guy die for his country for over 200 years."
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Junkman2008 For This Useful Post:
Aleem 1983 (01-23-2013), rdevaux2007 (01-23-2013), stinger430 (01-23-2013)
Old 01-23-2013, 12:28 AM   #7
johnb21
DC Crew
 
johnb21's Avatar
 
Posts: 20
Member #120700
Member since: Jan 2013
Location: Dubai, UAE

My Corvette(s)
Had a 53, 57, 59, 66, 67, 69, & an 02

Thanks: 0
Thanked 8 Times in 5 Posts
More like this?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	stingray6.001.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	2856  
johnb21 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2013, 01:38 AM   #8
Junkman2008
DC Pit Crew Boss
 
Junkman2008's Avatar
 
Posts: 25,354
Member #71977
Member since: Apr 2008
Location: Louisville, KY

My Corvette(s)
2001 Navy Blue Metallic Coupe

Thanks: 171
Thanked 547 Times in 430 Posts
Garage
That's better, but I think they still need to come in a little bit more. The lights that are closest to center may have to get cut off a little at their tops. Sorta have a half-moon shape if you bring them in far enough.
Junkman2008 is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"Marines - Making the other guy die for his country for over 200 years."
Old 01-23-2013, 05:32 AM   #9
johnb21
DC Crew
 
johnb21's Avatar
 
Posts: 20
Member #120700
Member since: Jan 2013
Location: Dubai, UAE

My Corvette(s)
Had a 53, 57, 59, 66, 67, 69, & an 02

Thanks: 0
Thanked 8 Times in 5 Posts
Not sure I would go much closer than that for symmetry, plus I think they have to be a certain distance from the corners for DOT reasons. I still like them better father apart. It really accents the width and looks really good. be interesting to see what the aftermarket companies do with it.
johnb21 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2013, 01:08 PM   #10
Aleem 1983
DC Crew
 
Aleem 1983's Avatar
 
Posts: 474
Member #14577
Member since: Jul 2004
Location: Jamaica NY United States

My Corvette(s)
1995 Chevy Blazer (Sold) 2006 Honda Accord Coupe V6 (Current)

Thanks: 59
Thanked 16 Times in 11 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkman2008 View Post
Now if you brought those lights more to the center, that would be very nice. Some vendor is going to make a killing by producing a better ass for that car.
Aleem 1983 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"Not All Womens Minds Are Engineered With The Balanced Abilty To Compromise & Understand, So, Like Any Other Obstruction In The Road Of Life, You Have To Learn How To Steer Around Them"
Old 01-23-2013, 04:22 PM   #11
TF3N
DC Crew
 
Posts: 94
Member #118499
Member since: Mar 2012

Thanks: 15
Thanked 27 Times in 19 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkman2008 View Post
If you like it then why do you want yours to look different? Maybe you don't really like it?
Are you actually suggesting that anybody who mods their car is doing so because they don't like the original design?? Yep, that's some sound logic right there...

You must really hate the C5 then. I mean you changed the whole front bumper, seat covers... I'm sure other things too. Why would you buy a car you don't even like?

Seriously, where do you come up with this stuff?
TF3N is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2013, 04:41 PM   #12
dobrenyr
DC Crew
 
Posts: 454
Member #29319
Member since: Jan 2005
Location: Toronto / Ontario / Canada

Thanks: 31
Thanked 42 Times in 36 Posts
Wow ! Love it !

Minor changes a vendor can make to make it a corvette again..
dobrenyr is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Tricky
Old 01-23-2013, 07:40 PM   #13
Junkman2008
DC Pit Crew Boss
 
Junkman2008's Avatar
 
Posts: 25,354
Member #71977
Member since: Apr 2008
Location: Louisville, KY

My Corvette(s)
2001 Navy Blue Metallic Coupe

Thanks: 171
Thanked 547 Times in 430 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF3N View Post
Are you actually suggesting that anybody who mods their car is doing so because they don't like the original design?? Yep, that's some sound logic right there...

You must really hate the C5 then. I mean you changed the whole front bumper, seat covers... I'm sure other things too. Why would you buy a car you don't even like?

Seriously, where do you come up with this stuff?
As a matter of fact, I DIDN'T like the front fascia, that why I changed it. I also didn't care for the center console, the bland hood liner, the tail lights or the seats. That's why I changed them. However, I love the performance of the car and that's why I haven't MODIFIED the engine. So using your logic, what I have done makes sense. What's YOUR excuse? You claim you love the ass end but you want to change yours. Maybe you don't know what you want.
Junkman2008 is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"Marines - Making the other guy die for his country for over 200 years."
Old 01-23-2013, 07:58 PM   #14
AlexY
DC Crew
 
AlexY's Avatar
 
Posts: 746
Member #8935
Member since: Feb 2004
Location: New York, NY

Thanks: 17
Thanked 37 Times in 14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkman2008 View Post
As a matter of fact, I DIDN'T like the front fascia, that why I changed it. I also didn't care for the center console, the bland hood liner, the tail lights or the seats. That's why I changed them. However, I love the performance of the car and that's why I haven't MODIFIED the engine. So using your logic, what I have done makes sense. What's YOUR excuse? You claim you love the ass end but you want to change yours. Maybe you don't know what you want.
Come on Junkman, it's really not that crazy for someone to like something MORE after their own personal touch, it doesn't mean they didn't like it in the first place. Don't be ridiculous.

Think about it this way. I love this country. I'd love this country MORE if we had better politicians, but I still love America more than any other country
AlexY is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2013, 08:13 PM   #15
Junkman2008
DC Pit Crew Boss
 
Junkman2008's Avatar
 
Posts: 25,354
Member #71977
Member since: Apr 2008
Location: Louisville, KY

My Corvette(s)
2001 Navy Blue Metallic Coupe

Thanks: 171
Thanked 547 Times in 430 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexY View Post
Come on Junkman, it's really not that crazy for someone to like something MORE after their own personal touch, it doesn't mean they didn't like it in the first place. Don't be ridiculous.
That is NOT my experience. I don't settle for LESS than what I want. I do without until I can get exactly what I want. I wanted a C5 and I changed the things that I didn't like about it. I don't date a woman just to hold me over until I can find my dream girl. I date my dream girl until I find out she ain't really my dream girl. THEN I find another dream girl.

Ain't no half-steppin' when I roll.
Junkman2008 is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"Marines - Making the other guy die for his country for over 200 years."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (12 CHARACTERS MAXIMUM), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:22 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
2003-2011, DigitalCorvettes.com - All Rights Reserved