North Korea says new nuclear test will be part of fight against U.S. - Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums

Go Back   Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums > Other Discussions/Topics > News Room
Register Forums Garage Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Notices

News Room This section is for discussing current events.

Shops/Tuners
Custom Image Corvettes
A&A Corvette
Corvette tuner

Interior
Corvette aftermarket products

Insurance

Parts & Products
Race Ramps
Edelbrock
ATI/Procharger
Corvetteguys.com
Melrose Motorsports
Parts Taxi
Airaid
Mid America Motorworks
Pfadt Racing
Madvette Motorsports
Hi-tech Custom Concepts
Corvette aftermarket products
Corvette Garage
Corvette Parts and Accessories
Corvette Car Care Products
Corvette HID
Mid America Motoroworks

Tracks/Schools
Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving
Corvette driving school

Wheels/Tires
Cray Wheels

Services
BADWERKS.com

Old 01-24-2013, 02:06 AM   #1
Upheval

Member #63633

My Corvette(s)
2007 C6

North Korea says new nuclear test will be part of fight against U.S.

It’s just a matter of time till one gets lit off. Man, do these guys have penis envy (Iran and North Korea). Unfortunately, I think I might see one of these go off in my life time. Then what? We fire back and bomb them back to the stone age. Then Russia and China get mad and fire back at us. I dont worry about the big countries, I am more conerned about the little fuckers.

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/01/23/wo...html?hpt=hp_t1

Seoul, South Korea (CNN) -- North Korea said Thursday that it plans to carry out a new nuclear test and more long-range rocket launches, all of which it said are a part of a new phase of confrontation with the United States.

The North's National Defense Commission said the moves would feed into an "upcoming all-out action" that would target the United States, "the sworn enemy of the Korean people."

Carried by the state media, the comments are the latest defiant flourish from the reclusive North Korean regime, whose young leader Kim Jong Un has upheld his father's policy of pursuing a military deterrent and shrugging off international pressure.

The defense commission statement follows a United Nations Security Council resolution on Tuesday that the United States pushed for, condemning a recent recent rocket launch by North Korea and expanded existing sanctions.

The North's angry statement "should have been the expected outcome" from the U.N. decision, said Daniel Pinkston, senior analyst for the International Crisis Group covering Northeast Asia.

"I think they are completely outraged and insulted by it," he said.

North Korea, which often issues bellicose statements in its state media, said Thursday that it rejected all Security Council resolutions concerning it.

It described this week's resolution as "the most dangerous phase of the hostile policy toward the DPRK," using the abbreviated version of its official name, the Democratic People's Republic of Korea.

Analyst: Threat meant as a deterrence

The threats toward the United States, a constant theme in the North's propaganda, have more to do with deterrence than a desire for full conflict, Pinkston said.

"I don't believe they have the capability, the intention or the will to invade or destroy the United States," he said. "They wish to deter interference from the U.S. or any outside powers."

North Korea's successful rocket launch last month nonetheless changed the strategic calculations for the United States, showing that the North's missile program is advancing despite an array of heavy sanctions imposed on it.

Analysts say it still has a lot of work to do to master the technology necessary to mount a nuclear warhead on missile or accurately target it.

At the same time, Pyongyang has been hinting for a while that a new nuclear test could be in the cards.

Just before the North sent out its latest hostile statement Thursday, a U.S. State Department official was telling reporters in Seoul that Washington hoped that Pyongyang wouldn't go ahead.

"We think that that would be a mistake, obviously," said Glyn Davies, the U.S. special envoy on North Korea. "We call on North Korea, as does the entire international community, not to engage in any further provocations."

North Korea has carried out two previous nuclear tests, in 2006 and 2009, both of which were condemned by the U.N.

Pyongyang didn't say Thursday when exactly it would carry out a third test, but it could happen "at any time," according to Pinkston.

He said that it was hard for anybody outside the North Korean nuclear sector to know if the country is technically ready to carry out the test, but that politically, "it seems an appropriate time."

Demands unlikely to sway North

South Korean defense officials said last year that they believed the North had been in a position to carry out a new test whenever leaders in Pyongyang gave the green light.

North Korea's nuclear program is "an element of threat to peace not only for Northeast Asia but also for the world," Park Soo-jin, deputy spokeswoman for the South Korean Unification Ministry said Thursday.

"North Korea should immediately stop its nuclear test and other provocation and should choose a different path by cooperating with the international community," Park said.

That appears unlikely at this stage, though.

After a failed long-range rocket launch in April, North Korea ignored international condemnation and carried out a second attempt last month. That one succeeded in putting a satellite in orbit, Pyongyang's stated objective.

But the launch was widely considered to be a test of ballistic missile technology. And it remains unclear if the satellite, which the North insists is for peaceful purposes, is functional.

Both North Korea's previous nuclear tests took place weeks or months after long-range rocket launches.

Those tests were carried out under the rule Kim Jong Il, the father of the current leader, and the man who channeled huge amounts of money into North Korea's nuclear and missile development programs.

Kim Jong Il died in December 2011 after 17 years in power, during which the North Korean people became increasingly impoverished and malnourished.

Economically, the country relies heavily on trade with its major ally, China.

CNN's K.J. Kwon reported from Seoul, and Jethro Mullen from Hong Kong. CNN's David Hawley in Seoul contributed to this report.
Upheval is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2013, 04:34 AM   #2
87vette81big
DC Crew

Member #117927

My Corvette(s)
1987 Corvette Convertible

Its just a War game.
Communists everywhere like China, North Korea, Vladimer Putin-ex KGB AGENT-Russia has there wet dream coming true.
A powerfull Comi , bam bam bama is on their side.
They know they are safe.
Yes we will be nuked eventual.
87vette81big is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2013, 04:42 AM   #3
87vette81big
DC Crew

Member #117927

My Corvette(s)

Iran is happy also.
Bama is a towel head muslim worshiper too.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:49 AM   #4
blckslvr79

Member #67576

My Corvette(s)
1979 L82 4speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87vette81big View Post
They know they are safe.
As long as we have our current Failure in Chief.
blckslvr79 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
I'm taking care of my procrastination issues, just you wait and see.
Old 01-24-2013, 02:11 PM   #5
87vette81big
DC Crew

Member #117927

My Corvette(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blckslvr79 View Post
As long as we have our current Failure in Chief.
I just finished listening to Rush Limbah on the radio.
Right now Obama & his liberal worshipers are trying to compare to Ronald Reagen.
WTF, Rush ripped new assholes on Team Obama for at least 1 hour.
Been a decent day.
Played around with a 283 ci 1957 Chevy at work too.
Old 01-24-2013, 02:14 PM   #6
the machine

Member #67421

My Corvette(s)
1966 Big Block Vert, 2008 Z06, 1969 435 , 1959 vert. Non vette ...2011 CTS-V wgn, 2014 silverado

This latest sword rattling by North Korea is actualy good as even China for the first time voted against North korea at the UN over this talk. This is the first time China has ever shown anything but support for North korea, and without China North Korea is nothing.
the machine is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Welcome to the Machine....
Old 01-24-2013, 02:27 PM   #7
ArKay99

Member #43955

My Corvette(s)
1999 FRC - 2009 Z06

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by the machine View Post
This latest sword rattling by North Korea is actualy good as even China for the first time voted against North korea at the UN over this talk. This is the first time China has ever shown anything but support for North korea, and without China North Korea is nothing.
The Untied Nations? What a crock that shithole organization is. North Korea is nothing without China, if the US has a strong position...

Now that China pwns us, we don't matter.
ArKay99 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Extreme taxation, excessive controls, oppressive government competition with business, frustrated minorities and forgotten Americans are not the products of free enterprise. They are the residue of centralized bureaucracy, of government by a self-anointed elite. - Ronald Reagan
Old 01-24-2013, 04:40 PM   #8
MSG C5
DC Crew

Member #33886

My Corvette(s)
2004 Convertible

Kim Jong Un looks like the kind of guy just begging to be punched in the nose! I think the best case scenerio would be for them to blow themselves up testing their nukes.

MSG C5 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
formerly "RedBarchetta"
Old 01-25-2013, 09:25 AM   #9
Upheval

Member #63633

My Corvette(s)
2007 C6

More funny rhetoric from the Hermit nation.

페이스북트위터MSN미투데이싸이 공감| URL 줄이기 복사 URL 줄이기 레이어 닫기
| 기사단어 | dictionary |
프린트
메일로보내기
내블로그에 저장복사 URL 줄이기 레이어 닫기
North responds to sanctions by vowing nuke test
Pyongyang threatens a ‘new phase’ in ‘all out war’ against Washington
폭발력 가늠해보니… 늘 있어왔던 北 협박, 이번엔 차원이 다르다 '충격' Jan 25,2013
Glyn Davies, the U.S. envoy on North Korea policy, center, speaks to reporters after meeting with South Korea’s top nuclear envoy Lim Sung-nam at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade in Seoul yesterday. By Oh Jong-taek

North Korea said it would carry out a third nuclear test and also promised an “all-out war” against the U.S. and its “foul followers.”

In defiance of expanded sanctions passed by the United Nations Security Council Tuesday, the North’s National Defense Commission, the top military decision-making body, issued a statement yesterday promising a third nuclear weapons test.

“We do not hide that a variety of satellites and long-range rockets which will be launched by the DPRK [Democratic People’s Republic of Korea] one after another and a nuclear test of higher level which will be carried out by it in the upcoming all-out action, a new phase of the anti-U.S. struggle that has lasted century after century, will target against the U.S., the sworn enemy of the Korean people,” the commission said in an English-language dispatch carried by the North’s official mouthpiece, the Korean Central News Agency.

Pyongyang reiterated its condemnation of the unanimously approved resolution by the Security Council and blamed it on a “U.S.-led plot of hostility” against the country.

“The UN Security Council resolution on expanding sanctions against the DPRK, which was adopted on the initiative of the U.S., represents the most dangerous phase of the hostile policy toward the DPRK,” the statement read. “We will begin an all-out war to crush down the anti-DPRK hostile actions by the United States and its foul followers and safeguard the sovereignty of our nation and people.”

Glyn Davies, Washington’s chief nuclear envoy, said yesterday in Seoul that the U.S. is still open to “authentic” and “credible” negotiations to implement the agreement made by members of the six-party talks in 2005 to denuclearize North Korea.

“Why am I here?” Davies asked at a press conference at the Foreign Ministry building in central Seoul. “We want to reinforce the message that our president [Barack Obama] and secretary of state [Hillary Clinton] have said. That message is [that] we, the United States of America, are still open to authentic and credible negotiations to implement the Sept. 19, 2005 joint statement.” Davies spoke after meeting with his counterpart Lim Sung-nam, Seoul’s chief nuclear envoy.

“We are willing to extend our hand if Pyongyang chooses the path to peace and progress by letting go of its nuclear weapons and its multi-stage missiles,” he continued.

Davies, along with Syd Seiler, Korea director at the White House National Security Council, arrived in Seoul Wednesday before heading to Beijing today and Tokyo tomorrow.

The U.S. delegation’s visit was planned ahead of Tuesday’s Security Council resolution that condemned North Korea’s Dec. 12 launch of a long-range missile.

“This tough resolution, these tightened sanctions are reasonable, necessary and justified in the face of its obligations under previous UN Security Council actions,” Davies said. “This broad and growing consensus sends a unified message to Pyongyang and the message is: ‘Live up to your obligations, keep your promises, start down the path of denuclearization, keep the commitment you made in 2005 in the joint statement of that year, or you’ll only further isolate your nation and impoverish your people.’?”

Davies expressed concern over a nuclear test by the North.

“We hope they don’t, we call on them not to do it,” Davies said. “It would be highly provocative.”

North Korea conducted its first and second nuclear tests in 2006 and 2009, which prompted tough resolutions by the UN Security Council that put sanctions on entities and individuals along with travel bans and asset freezes.

UNSC Resolution No. 1874 from 2009 clearly prohibits North
I guess the new sanctions from the UN really pissed in their…… uh….. Rice Krispy’s???

Korea from using any kind of ballistic missile technologies, which Pyongyang violated with two long-range rocket launches in April and December 2012.

As a result, the UN’s 15-nation Security Council unanimously passed a 20-point new resolution, No. 2087, on Tuesday that condemned the two rocket launches and ordered expanded sanctions by adding more North Korean entities and people to its blacklist.

Pyongyang has said the rocket launch was a peaceful development of their space program and threatened to take “physical actions” and halt further talks regarding “denuclearization on the Korean Peninsula.”
Upheval is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2013, 09:40 AM   #10
Texdentist

Member #76657

My Corvette(s)
2013 Coupe, 2009 Coupe - traded, '74 Coupe totalled, '77 Coupe sold

From a writer who thinks Korea's nuclear abilities are overblown:

"It's not the first time they've made a similar threat of war," said Ryoo Kihl-jae, a professor at the University of North Korean Studies in Seoul. "What's more serious than the probability of an attack on South Korea is that of a nuclear test. I see very slim chances of North Korea following through with its threat of war."
Although North Korea's leadership is undeniably concerned that it might be attacked or bullied by outside powers, the tough talk is mainly an attempt to bolster its bargaining position in diplomatic negotiations.
The impoverished North is in need of international aid and is eager to sign a treaty bringing a formal end to the Korean War, which ended nearly 60 years ago in a truce. It uses its weapons program as a wedge in the ever-repeating diplomatic dance with the U.S.-led international community, and there is no reason to believe this time is different.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/01/25/north-korea-nuclear-threats-likely-overblown-experts-say/#ixzz2J0RbNTjO
Texdentist is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2013, 11:15 AM   #11
92Roadster

Member #36181

.....respected leader ??......this guy plays with little kids.....

.....what a douche.....

92Roadster is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2013, 11:21 AM   #12
Texdentist

Member #76657

My Corvette(s)
2013 Coupe, 2009 Coupe - traded, '74 Coupe totalled, '77 Coupe sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92Roadster View Post
.....respected leader ??......this guy plays with little kids.....

.....what a douche.....

If he ever does get a nuke and makes the mistake of using it.....N. Korea will have a "clean slate" to work with....after the radiation dissipates.
Texdentist is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Texdentist For This Useful Post:
92Roadster (01-25-2013)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (12 CHARACTERS MAXIMUM), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.