What GM doesn't get about us Old Folks - Page 3 - Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums

Go Back   Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums > C7 Corvette Forums > C7 Corvette - Facts | Info | Rumors
Register Forums Garage Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Notices

C7 Corvette - Facts | Info | Rumors The first C7 Corvette info is rolling in...

Shops/Tuners
Custom Image Corvettes
A&A Corvette
Corvette tuner

Interior
Corvette aftermarket products

Insurance

Parts & Products
Race Ramps
Edelbrock
ATI/Procharger
Corvetteguys.com
Melrose Motorsports
Parts Taxi
Airaid
Mid America Motorworks
Pfadt Racing
Madvette Motorsports
Hi-tech Custom Concepts
Corvette aftermarket products
Corvette Garage
Corvette Parts and Accessories
Corvette Car Care Products
Corvette HID
Mid America Motoroworks

Tracks/Schools
Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving
Corvette driving school

Wheels/Tires
Cray Wheels

Services
BADWERKS.com

Old 01-28-2013, 04:21 AM   #31
ironhorse
DC Crew

Member #74885

Quote:
Originally Posted by C5-R JR View Post
Hmmm...... He doesn't get out much? He was and has been around. He was at Spring Mountain doing 150 down the back straight, on a 3.1 mile road course. I was there too. When you hit the back straight you're bouncing off the rev limiter. Ivan was doing 2:42 on that course. I did 2:46 That is some good driving! What I have found from your post is.... You know a little of something, but a whole lot of nothing. Go wax your Z.

Jr.
Bla bla bla, really don't give a sh*t what you think, you know nothing about me, how I use my car...WOW, he did 150...Apparently you know as much as he does...
ironhorse is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2013, 08:12 AM   #32
C2C3C4C6
DC Crew

Member #14484

My Corvette(s)
2005 Black/Ebony coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironhorse View Post
Bla bla bla, really don't give a sh*t what you think, you know nothing about me, how I use my car...WOW, he did 150...Apparently you know as much as he does...
People are beginning to get grumpy!!
C2C3C4C6 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2013, 12:53 PM   #33
the machine
"Clown"

Member #67421

My Corvette(s)
1966 Big Block Vert, 2008 Z06, 1969 435 , 1959 vert. Non vette ...2011 CTS-V wgn, 2014 silverado

The problem with this thread is that the author doesn't understand demographics. GM doesn't and shouldn't care too much about what us old folks think about the new Corvette. GM needs to attract a new generation of buyers. And from all I have heard, not from GM but the car magazines and the car blogs, they hit the nail right on the head with the C7 Corvette. Both of my boys are in love with it, and they are the demographic that GM needs right now. And the truth of the matter is that I love it too, even though I am just over Fifty. Yes I love the C2. Yes I love the C5 and C6, but the C7 is in my mind a very good evolution, and just like the C2 I see the C7 as becoming an iconic Corvette, not just an accepted look by those who just wish time would stand still.
the machine is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Welcome to the Machine...... (I'm still a clown) this from Ponch (second time) who is supposed to be a moderator on this site....but of course if you disagree with him this is the sort of thing he does. It is simply amazing that anyone would give a guy who is so obviously childish and spiteful a position of authority.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to the machine For This Useful Post:
DRM87 (01-28-2013), leshelt (01-28-2013)
Old 01-28-2013, 02:56 PM   #34
Texdentist

Member #76657

My Corvette(s)
2013 Coupe, 2009 Coupe - traded, '74 Coupe totalled, '77 Coupe sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by the machine View Post
The problem with this thread is that the author doesn't understand demographics. GM doesn't and shouldn't care too much about what us old folks think about the new Corvette. GM needs to attract a new generation of buyers. And from all I have heard, not from GM but the car magazines and the car blogs, they hit the nail right on the head with the C7 Corvette. Both of my boys are in love with it, and they are the demographic that GM needs right now. And the truth of the matter is that I love it too, even though I am just over Fifty. Yes I love the C2. Yes I love the C5 and C6, but the C7 is in my mind a very good evolution, and just like the C2 I see the C7 as becoming an iconic Corvette, not just an accepted look by those who just wish time would stand still.
I agree. To put it simply, no car company ever sat down to design a sports car and said "Let's design this for the 60+ market".
Texdentist is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2013, 04:43 PM   #35
the machine
"Clown"

Member #67421

My Corvette(s)
1966 Big Block Vert, 2008 Z06, 1969 435 , 1959 vert. Non vette ...2011 CTS-V wgn, 2014 silverado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texdentist View Post
I agree. To put it simply, no car company ever sat down to design a sports car and said "Let's design this for the 60+ market".
the machine is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Welcome to the Machine...... (I'm still a clown) this from Ponch (second time) who is supposed to be a moderator on this site....but of course if you disagree with him this is the sort of thing he does. It is simply amazing that anyone would give a guy who is so obviously childish and spiteful a position of authority.
Old 01-28-2013, 04:58 PM   #36
2011GSSSBlue
DC Crew

Member #117412

My Corvette(s)
2011 Grand Sport

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by the machine View Post
Gee last time I looked there were only me and the annoying voices in my head....when did you climb in? Oh wait you didn't...so there is no way you have a clue what I know about demographics.

But in the few years I have been hanging around on this old spinning ball, I have learned that yes a company is always in need of expanding it's customer base and the appeal for its product.
But also in that balance you don't alienate the folks that are actually spending money on your product.

This is the second time GM has pulled that with me, the first was the killing of Pontiac, and them orphaning two of my automobiles and not following through on their promise when doing so.

Call me gun shy but I have seen the genius of GM and it was pretty ugly, they had a killer product with the Kappa Platform, and it was the first death of reorganization.

It was also another product "aimed" at the younger demographic, but it was them darn old folks that bought them, and bought them in droves.

Did you also know you could drop a LS3 in that platform, still keep the 50/50 weight distribution and stay under 3000lbs?
(And it sits on coils......... not leafs)
2011GSSSBlue is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2013, 05:19 PM   #37
iburke
Sir Dude

Member #6081

My Corvette(s)
1971 T-Top

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironhorse View Post
The point is that GM knows there a problem had hasn't made good on a lot of repairs, even on stock Z's not modified that are still under warranty...By your lack of knowledge about the issue, I rest my case. I guess you don't get around much...

I guess you are right I have not gotton around much in owning my last 5 corvette, or the last 68 years, or being on DC for the last 9 years.

GM and other companies do not warrant there cars for abuse.
If you looked the claims, I would bet that 90% had over reved engines. You do know that they can check things like that. Or have you been living in a closet.

I hear people saying "well the car has over rev control." That does not stop idiot drivers from down shifting and popping the clutch. If you are one of the people that think GM should fix your car no mater how stupid you are, just because some one else dropped a valve, wake up you are part of Americas problem.
There are hundreds of ways to blow an engine.

There were a few 06 and 07 Z's that had valve problems. The problem was corrected. And there are many 06 and 07's that have 10's of thousands of miles on them with no problem.

Warranty's deal with material and workmanship, not peoples stupidity.

And I will guaranty you that I have been around enough to know the difference between a bad part, and stupidity. Have you?
iburke is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
I can't tell if I'm dealing well with life these days or I just don't give a shit any more.
Old 01-28-2013, 05:24 PM   #38
iburke
Sir Dude

Member #6081

My Corvette(s)
1971 T-Top

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkman2008 View Post
And where is your double-blind study and sources for this study that you obviously did where you can claim that "the majority of them have been very positive?" I would love to see this scientific study, OR are you just giving YOUR opinion just as the OP did, to which he has every right to?

Hey Junk don't you watch the news???
iburke is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
I can't tell if I'm dealing well with life these days or I just don't give a shit any more.
Old 01-28-2013, 05:34 PM   #39
Junkman2008
DC Pit Crew Boss

Member #71977

My Corvette(s)
2001 Navy Blue Metallic Coupe

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by iburke View Post
Hey Junk don't you watch the news???
I'm going to defer to the age old excuse that is so heavily used in the news room.

"The news is biased."
Junkman2008 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"Marines - Making the other guy die for his country for over 200 years."
Old 01-28-2013, 06:20 PM   #40
C5-R JR
DC crew

Member #52866
Location: At HQ, plotting over a detailed MAP on how I can be on the racetrack as much as possible.

My Corvette(s)
2011 CTS-V Coupe, 2000 gutted out, caged up race car and a skateboard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkman2008 View Post
Hey! Leave us waxers out of it!

You're exempt.

Here's how I wash my Z!

I love driving

Jr.
C5-R JR is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
You want to put yourself on an emotional rollercoaster? Build a race car!
Old 01-28-2013, 06:52 PM   #41
Junkman2008
DC Pit Crew Boss

Member #71977

My Corvette(s)

Garage
That's gonna leave water spots.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:34 PM   #42
PNHNDLE96CE

Member #14104

My Corvette(s)
96 LT1 Collector Edition

100 mph on a rainy road is gonna leave spots somewhere on my car, not sure all of them on the outside!
PNHNDLE96CE is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2013, 07:41 PM   #43
Junkman2008
DC Pit Crew Boss

Member #71977

My Corvette(s)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNHNDLE96CE View Post
100 mph on a rainy road is gonna leave spots somewhere on my car, not sure all of them on the outside!
Old 01-28-2013, 07:48 PM   #44
car_dude427
DC Crew

Member #54903

My Corvette(s)
1969 corvette stingray

Im 23, I own a Corvette and I think the C7 looks great. GM can't please everyone and why try and attract people who already have one of their cars? They have to attract old recurring customers but more importantly NEW customers. Now getting nasty because GM didnt call you up and consult you on what you wanted is childish.
car_dude427 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to car_dude427 For This Useful Post:
DRM87 (01-28-2013)
Old 01-28-2013, 07:59 PM   #45
Junkman2008
DC Pit Crew Boss

Member #71977

My Corvette(s)

Garage
At 23, you'll be able to afford a C7 in about 20 years! Of course, you'll probably be complaining about the C10 then!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (12 CHARACTERS MAXIMUM), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.