What GM doesn't get about us Old Folks - Page 5 - Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums

Go Back   Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums > C7 Corvette Forums > C7 Corvette - Facts | Info | Rumors
Register Forums Garage Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Notices

C7 Corvette - Facts | Info | Rumors The first C7 Corvette info is rolling in...

Shops/Tuners
Custom Image Corvettes
A&A Corvette
Corvette tuner

Interior
Corvette aftermarket products

Insurance

Parts & Products
Race Ramps
Edelbrock
ATI/Procharger
Corvetteguys.com
Melrose Motorsports
Parts Taxi
Airaid
Mid America Motorworks
Pfadt Racing
Madvette Motorsports
Hi-tech Custom Concepts
Corvette aftermarket products
Corvette Garage
Corvette Parts and Accessories
Corvette Car Care Products
Corvette HID
Mid America Motoroworks

Tracks/Schools
Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving
Corvette driving school

Wheels/Tires
Cray Wheels

Services
BADWERKS.com

Old 01-29-2013, 12:04 PM   #61
Junkman2008
DC Pit Crew Boss

Member #71977

My Corvette(s)
2001 Navy Blue Metallic Coupe

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamcars99 View Post
the real question is this:

of the people taking a poll on the internet, who is really a buyer and who is someone waiting for a used car, who is someone who would just maybe like the C7 but just buy a BMW instead?

No comment here of style or anything, just a business observation.
Oooohh... you throw monkey wrench into equation, grasshopper!
Junkman2008 is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"Marines - Making the other guy die for his country for over 200 years."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2013, 12:29 PM   #62
TheMelkMan
DC Crew

Member #118968

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkman2008 View Post
although 3,366 people have visited that thread to date!
Wrong. That's 3,366 views, not 3,366 people. I myself must've viewed that particular thread almost a dozen times... every time there's a new post, I'm curios to see what people have to say.

Quote:
The total amount of registered forum members FAR EXCEEDS 3,366. Hell, I'm member #71,977 myself! That means that 71,976 people signed up before me. As of my posting, 248 members and 3459 guests are looking at the forum RIGHT NOW! So to say that 70% of the forum likes the C7 is well... let me find the correct word... how about.... bullshit! Ain't it cool that we can say bullshit over here? You can too!

So now that we have corrected your math, you can clearly see that your opinion is biased and based on untruths. You can't argue with the numbers. Wait a minute, yes you can if you're using that Sprint math from the 80's.
So you want to talk math? Well apparently you don't know a whole lot about statistics or how polling works. Statistician Nate Silver predicted the 2012 Presidential election results with literally 100% accuracy; he got 50 out of 50 states correct. And yet, the combined sample size of all the polls he used was less than 5,000 people. That's 5,000 people out of approximately 230,000,000 eligible voters, which is a 0.0022% sample size (the larger the sample size, the more accurate the poll).

Now compare that to 190 out of a total of 113,072 members (which includes inactive users and duplicate accounts for people who may have forgotten the password to an old account). That's a sample size of 0.1680% of all members of this site (active and inactive). That's a relative sample size that's 76 times LARGER than the sample that correctly predicted the 2012 Presidential election with 100% accuracy.

But if you really want to believe that a majority of people don't like that car, you can go right on ahead believing that... I just don't see what it accomplishes to go all "conspiracy theory" and claim all of the evidence is biased. That's what Nate Silver's naysayers claimed: that his numbers were biased... and what did it accomplish trying to discredit him? Look who's in the White House.
TheMelkMan is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2013, 12:53 PM   #63
Junkman2008
DC Pit Crew Boss

Member #71977

My Corvette(s)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMelkMan View Post
Wrong. That's 3,366 views, not 3,366 people. I myself must've viewed that particular thread almost a dozen times... every time there's a new post, I'm curios to see what people have to say.
You are NOT counted every time you visit a thread unless you DELETE the cookies that are placed on your computer by the website. As a computer guy, I know that most people don't have a clue as to what a cookie is! Thus, 3,366 visitors is probably as close to accurate as accurate can be.

Quote:
So you want to talk math? Well apparently you don't know a whole lot about statistics or how polling works. Statistician Nate Silver predicted the 2012 Presidential election results with literally 100% accuracy; he got 50 out of 50 states correct. And yet, the combined sample size of all the polls he used was less than 5,000 people. That's 5,000 people out of approximately 230,000,000 eligible voters, which is a 0.0022% sample size (the larger the sample size, the more accurate the poll).

Now compare that to 190 out of a total of 113,072 members (which includes inactive users and duplicate accounts for people who may have forgotten the password to an old account). That's a sample size of 0.1680% of all members of this site (active and inactive). That's a relative sample size that's 76 times LARGER than the sample that correctly predicted the 2012 Presidential election with 100% accuracy.

But if you really want to believe that a majority of people don't like that car, you can go right on ahead believing that... I just don't see what it accomplishes to go all "conspiracy theory" and claim all of the evidence is biased. That's what Nate Silver's naysayers claimed: that his numbers were biased... and what did it accomplish trying to discredit him? Look who's in the White House.
Are you related to Bill O'Reiily? Because you just broke out the 'spin zone' in full effect. I used hard numbers, not assumptions or what if's. You can bring a horse to water... if you are going to argue with the hard numbers then I can't help you see the light. But hey, it's always fun to try!
Old 01-29-2013, 02:03 PM   #64
TheMelkMan
DC Crew

Member #118968

Quote:
You are NOT counted every time you visit a thread unless you DELETE the cookies that are placed on your computer by the website. As a computer guy, I know that most people don't have a clue as to what a cookie is! Thus, 3,366 visitors is probably as close to accurate as accurate can be.
Like before, you're dead wrong. I just opened the "Counting the polygons" thread, and hit refresh 10 times in a row (only allowing enough time for the page finish loading between each refresh), and the view count went from 129 to 139. Here's a post on the vBulletin website that confirms this.

Quote:
Are you related to Bill O'Reiily? Because you just broke out the 'spin zone' in full effect. I used hard numbers, not assumptions or what if's. You can bring a horse to water... if you are going to argue with the hard numbers then I can't help you see the light. But hey, it's always fun to try!
Look, you can reject the science of statistics all you want, but the fact remains that you don't have to knock on the door of all 7 billion people in the world to get an accurate representation. Like I said, go right on ahead rejecting all of the evidence and believing whatever you want, if it makes you feel better.
Old 01-29-2013, 02:08 PM   #65
XQIZT
You've been pimped!!

Member #80197

My Corvette(s)
1985 Z51, 1977 custom

Ladies ladies.........lets all calm down....here...here...have some boobies:

XQIZT is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"Alexa" - 1985 Z51 - In memory of the last Corvette Dad owned.

"Desiree" - 1977 - Wife's car, with an attitude problem

Click here for more info about our cars and autocrossing and other Corvette stuff.
The Following User Says Thank You to XQIZT For This Useful Post:
Chris Draper (01-29-2013)
Old 01-29-2013, 02:45 PM   #66
c3c7 norm
DC Crew

Member #120419

My Corvette(s)
C2 C3 C5(2) C6 C7

Yeah, oh the drama.......
c3c7 norm is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
USAF Veteran/USCG Retired

USA USN USMC USCG USAF USAR USNR USMCR USCGR USAFR ARNG ANG USPHS NOAA USMM AUS CSA Police/Fire/EMS/EMT

Thank You For Your Service
Old 01-29-2013, 03:24 PM   #67
Junkman2008
DC Pit Crew Boss

Member #71977

My Corvette(s)

Garage
Quote:
Like before, you're dead wrong. I just opened the "Counting the polygons" thread, and hit refresh 10 times in a row (only allowing enough time for the page finish loading between each refresh), and the view count went from 129 to 139. Here's a post on the vBulletin website that confirms this.
First, are you naive enough to think that you are the only one who looks at a thread when it is first opened? Why do you think that there is a "View New Post" thread?

Second, I'll believe that vBulletin link when you get a answer from a vBulletin representative themselves, not some forum poster. You're going to have to come with some stronger proof than that.

Quote:
Look, you can reject the science of statistics all you want, but the fact remains that you don't have to knock on the door of all 7 billion people in the world to get an accurate representation. Like I said, go right on ahead rejecting all of the evidence and believing whatever you want, if it makes you feel better.
Will it make you feel better if I quit calling your girlfriend, the C7, ugly? Will you stop crying crocodile tears then? Okay, I will... here it goes.

The C7 looks like shit!

Damn, I lied!
Old 01-29-2013, 03:28 PM   #68
2011GSSSBlue
DC Crew

Member #117412

My Corvette(s)
2011 Grand Sport

Garage
Quote:
Would you consider the first generation Corvettes "just another sports car?" Because that's the only reason the Corvette exists in the first place, the whole point was to build an American sports car with "Euro styling."
Very true...... and in 60 years it has carved it very own place away from that Euro Styling..... to the point where the Euro's lust after that Big Brash American Muscle called Corvette
2011GSSSBlue is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2013, 03:30 PM   #69
Junkman2008
DC Pit Crew Boss

Member #71977

My Corvette(s)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011GSSSBlue View Post
Very true...... and in 60 years it has carved it very own place away from that Euro Styling..... to the point where the Euro's lust after that Big Brash American Muscle called Corvette
Old 01-29-2013, 05:43 PM   #70
TheMelkMan
DC Crew

Member #118968

Quote:
Second, I'll believe that vBulletin link when you get a answer from a vBulletin representative themselves, not some forum poster. You're going to have to come with some stronger proof than that.
Here's a post from the former lead developer himself. It's not all that difficult to test for yourself, just go to the very last page on any forum, and then pick a topic that hasn't been posted in for over 5 years. Now view that topic, then go back and check the view count. Rinse and repeat to your satisfaction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011GSSSBlue View Post
I'm sorry to say, Europeans don't lust after the Corvette. The vast majority of Europeans don't give two shits about the Corvette. Like Rodney Dangerfield, the car gets no respect, unfortunately (hopefully that's about to change).
Old 01-29-2013, 05:50 PM   #71
Junkman2008
DC Pit Crew Boss

Member #71977

My Corvette(s)

Garage
Quote:
Here's a post from the former lead developer himself. It's not all that difficult to test for yourself, just go to the very last page on any forum, and then pick a topic that hasn't been posted in for over 5 years. Now view that topic, then go back and check the view count. Rinse and repeat to your satisfaction.
Okay, went to an old thread and did as you directed. The views changed just as you said they would. Then I went back and looked at a picture of the C7. I did it 20 times. The ass never changed. It was just as ugly as it was when I saw it over a year ago. Can you tell me how to make it change too?
Old 01-29-2013, 05:55 PM   #72
iburke
Sir Dude

Member #6081

My Corvette(s)
1971 T-Top

Quote:
First, are you naive enough to think that you are the only one who looks at a thread when it is first opened? Why do you think that there is a "View New Post" thread?

Question Junk If I press the ban button 5 times, is the user baned once or 5 times?
iburke is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
I can't tell if I'm dealing well with life these days or I just don't give a shit any more.
Old 01-29-2013, 05:58 PM   #73
Junkman2008
DC Pit Crew Boss

Member #71977

My Corvette(s)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by iburke View Post
Question Junk If I press the ban button 5 times, is the user baned once or 5 times?
He's banned once for 10 years.
Old 01-29-2013, 06:00 PM   #74
TheMelkMan
DC Crew

Member #118968

Quote:
Then I went back and looked at a picture of the C7. I did it 20 times. The ass never changed. It was just as ugly as it was when I saw it over a year ago. Can you tell me how to make it change too?
I hear Jim Beam can really help when it comes to making asses look more attractive

DISCLAIMER: Do not drive or operate heavy machinery while taking Jim Beam. Common side effects include vomiting, headache, unplanned pregnancy, death, and dry mouth. Be sure to consult a physician before starting a Jim Beam regimen. These claims have not been evaluated by the FDA, results may vary. Please drink responsibly.
Old 01-29-2013, 06:03 PM   #75
Junkman2008
DC Pit Crew Boss

Member #71977

My Corvette(s)

Garage
Quote:
I hear Jim Beam can really help when it comes to making asses look more attractive

After watching young Marines interact with bar flies at the E-club, that is one thing that I will definitely not give you any shit about! That has definitely been proven to be true!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (12 CHARACTERS MAXIMUM), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.