watch this guy - Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums

Go Back   Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums > Other Discussions/Topics > News Room
Register Forums Garage Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Notices

News Room This section is for discussing current events.

Shops/Tuners
Custom Image Corvettes
A&A Corvette
Corvette tuner

Interior
Corvette aftermarket products

Insurance

Parts & Products
Race Ramps
Edelbrock
ATI/Procharger
Corvetteguys.com
Melrose Motorsports
Parts Taxi
Airaid
Mid America Motorworks
Pfadt Racing
Madvette Motorsports
Hi-tech Custom Concepts
Corvette aftermarket products
Corvette Garage
Corvette Parts and Accessories
Corvette Car Care Products
Corvette HID
Mid America Motoroworks

Tracks/Schools
Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving
Corvette driving school

Wheels/Tires
Cray Wheels

Services
BADWERKS.com

Old 01-30-2013, 05:30 AM   #1
grumpyvette
DC Pit Crew

Member #1106

My Corvette(s)
retired engineer, engine builder, racer 1985.1992.1996 cpes

watch this guy

worth your time to watch
grumpyvette is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
" IF YOU CAN,T SMOKE THE TIRES AT WILL,FROM A 60 MPH ROLLING START YOUR ENGINE NEEDS MORE WORK!!"
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to grumpyvette For This Useful Post:
87vette81big (01-31-2013), cagey59 (01-30-2013), gmjunkie (01-31-2013), Golfguy (01-30-2013)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2013, 06:26 AM   #2
Junkman2008
DC Pit Crew Boss

Member #71977

My Corvette(s)
2001 Navy Blue Metallic Coupe

Garage
Powerful.
Junkman2008 is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"Marines - Making the other guy die for his country for over 200 years."
Old 01-30-2013, 06:36 AM   #3
87vette81big
DC Crew

Member #117927

My Corvette(s)
1987 Corvette Convertible

87vette81big is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2013, 06:36 AM   #4
Texdentist

Member #76657

My Corvette(s)
2013 Coupe, 2009 Coupe - traded, '74 Coupe totalled, '77 Coupe sold

Wow. Let this guy speak to congress right after those "vultures" he was talking about have their say.
Texdentist is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Texdentist For This Useful Post:
cagey59 (01-30-2013)
Old 01-30-2013, 06:42 AM   #5
mongo
DC Crew

Member #4304

My Corvette(s)
2006 C6, Mont Red/Titanium, F55, MN6, NAV

Made more powerful because he spoke well, remained calm and didn't get histerical. In short, he didn't act like a zealot. I believe much can be accomplished regarding this issue if the zealots from both ends can be kept out of the room. Unfortunately, the world of politics today has become so polarized that moderates can no longer be elected. That saddens me.
mongo is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to mongo For This Useful Post:
cagey59 (01-30-2013)
Old 01-30-2013, 06:52 AM   #6
Texdentist

Member #76657

My Corvette(s)
2013 Coupe, 2009 Coupe - traded, '74 Coupe totalled, '77 Coupe sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongo View Post
Made more powerful because he spoke well, remained calm and didn't get histerical. In short, he didn't act like a zealot. I believe much can be accomplished regarding this issue if the zealots from both ends can be kept out of the room. Unfortunately, the world of politics today has become so polarized that moderates can no longer be elected. That saddens me.
100%
Texdentist is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2013, 07:32 AM   #7
ArKay99

Member #43955

My Corvette(s)
1999 FRC - 2009 Z06

Garage
Finally. Someone with a brain, common sense, and the ability to use them both...at the same time.
ArKay99 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Extreme taxation, excessive controls, oppressive government competition with business, frustrated minorities and forgotten Americans are not the products of free enterprise. They are the residue of centralized bureaucracy, of government by a self-anointed elite. - Ronald Reagan
Old 01-30-2013, 09:35 AM   #8
grumpyvette
DC Pit Crew

Member #1106

My Corvette(s)

http://gunfacts.info/pdfs/gun-facts/...4-0-Screen.pdf

98% of the suggestions I see posted won,t do a damn thing to reduce access to weapons by the type of people that really should not have them, you can make all the silly laws you want and criminals will ignore them or steal guns or buy them on the black market.
now if you want to actually reduce crime I have a few suggestions
(1) mandatory training in safe firearms use at about age 12-13 and a refresher course completed BEFORE purchasing your first firearm
(the NRA or your state FISH & GAME dept already provide these services.)
(2) mandatory ownership of a gun safe thats not easily defeated by common hand tools to make stealing guns harder., if you own a gun.
(3) mandatory 5 year minimum sentence if your convicted of armed robbery,home invasion or rape for a first offense. and strict enforcement of the THREE STRIKE YOUR OUT LAWS
(4) castle law similar to FLORIDA country wide, with complete immunity from civil suits if you shoot someone in your home or defending your self in a car jacking.
The Florida "Castle Doctrine" law basically does three things:

One: It establishes, in law, the presumption that a criminal who forcibly enters or intrudes into your home or occupied vehicle is there to cause death or great bodily harm, therefore a person may use any manner of force, including deadly force, against that person.

Two: It removes the "duty to retreat" if you are attacked in any place you have a right to be. You no longer have to turn your back on a criminal and try to run when attacked. Instead, you may stand your ground and fight back, meeting force with force, including deadly force, if you reasonably believe it is necessary to prevent death or great bodily harm to yourself or others. [This is an American right repeatedly recognized in Supreme Court gun cases.]

Three: It provides that persons using force authorized by law shall not be prosecuted for using such force.

It also prohibits criminals and their families from suing victims for injuring or killing the criminals who have attacked them.

In short, it gives rights back to law-abiding people and forces judges and prosecutors who are prone to coddling criminals to instead focus on protecting victims.

(5)reciprocity on concealed weapon permits in all 50 states

http://www.youcancarry.com/concealed-carry-reciprocity/

Florida Three Strikes
Three strikes laws are laws put in place to curb the rate of repeat criminal offenders by increasing the punishments for criminal violations each time a crime is committed, up to three. Upon the third violation, the individual is generally sentenced to life in prison, although this varies by state. This means that the first criminal offense will have a more lenient sentence than the second offense, and the second criminal offense will have a less serious sentence than the third offense. In general, prison sentences for following offenses are doubled each time a new crime is committed. The three strikes law means that individuals that have two DUIs may face excessive prison time, or life, for a third DUI offense in three strikes states.
It should be noted that the three strikes laws aren’t meant to throw misdemeanor offenders in prison for life for repeat offenses. Instead, it is meant to catch those committing serious felonies from continuing to commit these serious crimes. Individuals committing repeat misdemeanors will see a change in the severity of their sentencing, but it isn’t the goal of the criminal justice system to throw a shoplifter in prison for life.
Currently, over half of the states in the United States have three strikes laws enacted.
" IF YOU CAN,T SMOKE THE TIRES AT WILL,FROM A 60 MPH ROLLING START YOUR ENGINE NEEDS MORE WORK!!"
The Following User Says Thank You to grumpyvette For This Useful Post:
gmjunkie (01-31-2013)
Old 01-30-2013, 09:38 AM   #9
C5sarge
DC Crew

Member #105729

My Corvette(s)
09 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texdentist View Post
Wow. Let this guy speak to congress right after those "vultures" he was talking about have their say.
Couldn't agree more.
C5sarge is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"Attack life fully armed" " Navy Vet"
93 Torch Red Coupe - Sold
01 Torch Red Vert - Traded
Old 01-30-2013, 01:30 PM   #10
Junkman2008
DC Pit Crew Boss

Member #71977

My Corvette(s)
2001 Navy Blue Metallic Coupe

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpyvette View Post
... (4) castle law similar to FLORIDA country wide, with complete immunity from civil suits if you shoot someone in your home or defending your self in a car jacking.
The Florida "Castle Doctrine" law basically does three things:

One: It establishes, in law, the presumption that a criminal who forcibly enters or intrudes into your home or occupied vehicle is there to cause death or great bodily harm, therefore a person may use any manner of force, including deadly force, against that person.

Two: It removes the "duty to retreat" if you are attacked in any place you have a right to be. You no longer have to turn your back on a criminal and try to run when attacked. Instead, you may stand your ground and fight back, meeting force with force, including deadly force, if you reasonably believe it is necessary to prevent death or great bodily harm to yourself or others. [This is an American right repeatedly recognized in Supreme Court gun cases.]

Three: It provides that persons using force authorized by law shall not be prosecuted for using such force.

It also prohibits criminals and their families from suing victims for injuring or killing the criminals who have attacked them.

In short, it gives rights back to law-abiding people and forces judges and prosecutors who are prone to coddling criminals to instead focus on protecting victims.
I wonder if anyone has done a study on how this has affected Florida's crime statistics. It would be nice if the NRA could show that this law alone directly affected certain crimes. That's how I would counter the anti-gun nuts. You can't dispute facts. Or I should say that anyone with half a brain can't dispute them.
Junkman2008 is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"Marines - Making the other guy die for his country for over 200 years."
Old 01-30-2013, 02:59 PM   #11
92Roadster

Member #36181

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkman2008 View Post
I wonder if anyone has done a study on how this has affected Florida's crime statistics. It would be nice if the NRA could show that this law alone directly affected certain crimes. That's how I would counter the anti-gun nuts. You can't dispute facts. Or I should say that anyone with half a brain can't dispute them.
....then you have to figure out who's half a brain put the
facts together....
92Roadster is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2013, 03:47 PM   #12
grumpyvette
DC Pit Crew

Member #1106

My Corvette(s)

crime rates since the stand your ground castle law, and concealed carry law was put into effect

http://www.politifact.com/florida/st...d-your-ground/

http://www.guns.com/2013/01/07/edito...un-permits-up/

http://www.carryconcealed.net/carryi...led-statistics

Fact: Thirty-nine states, comprising the majority of the American population, are”right-to-carry” states. Statistics show that in these states the crime rate fell (or did not rise) after the right-to-carry law became active (as of July, 2006). Nine states restrict the right to carry and two deny it outright.
Fact: Crime rates involving gun owners with carry permits have consistently been about 0.02% of all carry permit holders since Florida’s right-to-carry law started in 1988.
Fact: After passing their concealed carry law, Florida’s homicide rate fell from 36% above the national average to 4% below, and remains below the national average (as of the last reporting period, 2005).
Fact: In Texas, murder rates fell 50% faster than the national average in the year after their concealed carry law passed. Rape rates fell 93% faster in the first year after enactment, and 500% faster in the second. Assaults fell 250% faster in the second year.
Fact: More to the point, crime is significantly higher in states without right-to-carry laws
Fact: States that disallow concealed carry have violent crime rates 11% higher than national averages.
Fact: Deaths and injuries from mass public shootings fall dramatically after right-to-carry concealed handgun laws are enacted. Between 1977 and 1995, the average death rate from mass shootings plummeted by up to 91% after such laws went into effect, and injuries dropped by over 80%.
The Following User Says Thank You to grumpyvette For This Useful Post:
gmjunkie (01-31-2013)
Old 01-31-2013, 12:53 AM   #13
1963SS
DC Crew

Member #96709

My Corvette(s)
1995 C4

I've got to agree with the facts that "Grumpy" has posted but I think the three strikes law is too lenient. If a person is predisposed to use a firearm while committing a felony then the first strike should be a mandatory sentence. I'm thinking 10 years is about right. No parole, no leniency just ten years "hard time". Second offense should be 20 years with the same stipulations. Third offense would be life.

There should be absolutely no mercy shown to anyone unlawfully using a weapon while committing a felony such as rape, armed robbery, or any other potentially violent criminal misdeed.

I believe that each state should have a prison built to house these violent offenders. The facility should be bare minimums as to comfort. Many tax paying Americans can't afford air conditioning and live well with fans. That's what this prison needs. There should be no intra-cellblock basketball, baseball or any other sport. There should be no weightlifting equipment available. Meals should be what many people in poverty live on. Beans are a staple as is pasta.

Let these offenders grow veggies and raise cattle for their food. They'll have plenty of time to hoe and feed and water. We don't need the added cost of rehabilitation because it doesn't work. Just get out of jail after your ten years and live on welfare if you can't find a job mowing grass. You're going to be on welfare anyways.

This would show a commitment on the part of a law abiding society. If these guys get the message then pretty soon I believe a lot of the gun violence would go away. Currently prison is a better life than most of these fools have now. We've got to make it worse.....not better. Maybe Sheriff Joe has some ideas.
1963SS is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message

I can only dream of a world where a chicken can cross the road without having his morals questioned.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 1963SS For This Useful Post:
cagey59 (01-31-2013), gmjunkie (01-31-2013)
Old 01-31-2013, 04:18 AM   #14
gmjunkie
DC Crew

Member #33628

My Corvette(s)
69 300/350/3sp,78 L82 Cp.,81 Red Auto Cp., 01 ZO6 Black,03 Z51 6Sp. Cp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1963SS View Post
I've got to agree with the facts that "Grumpy" has posted but I think the three strikes law is too lenient. If a person is predisposed to use a firearm while committing a felony then the first strike should be a mandatory sentence. I'm thinking 10 years is about right. No parole, no leniency just ten years "hard time". Second offense should be 20 years with the same stipulations. Third offense would be life.

There should be absolutely no mercy shown to anyone unlawfully using a weapon while committing a felony such as rape, armed robbery, or any other potentially violent criminal misdeed.

I believe that each state should have a prison built to house these violent offenders. The facility should be bare minimums as to comfort. Many tax paying Americans can't afford air conditioning and live well with fans. That's what this prison needs. There should be no intra-cellblock basketball, baseball or any other sport. There should be no weightlifting equipment available. Meals should be what many people in poverty live on. Beans are a staple as is pasta.

Let these offenders grow veggies and raise cattle for their food. They'll have plenty of time to hoe and feed and water. We don't need the added cost of rehabilitation because it doesn't work. Just get out of jail after your ten years and live on welfare if you can't find a job mowing grass. You're going to be on welfare anyways.

This would show a commitment on the part of a law abiding society. If these guys get the message then pretty soon I believe a lot of the gun violence would go away. Currently prison is a better life than most of these fools have now. We've got to make it worse.....not better. Maybe Sheriff Joe has some ideas.

gmjunkie is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
junk!!"Let your plans be murky and confused in daylight, and when you move, fall like a wet turd." - Sonny Toefoo
Old 01-31-2013, 04:39 AM   #15
87vette81big
DC Crew

Member #117927

My Corvette(s)
1987 Corvette Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1963SS View Post

Gunny I agree with You.
But One area is too easy for those criminals.
The idea of them coming out of jail & not having to work.
Live on a Free Ride.
Welfare.

Fuck That Motherfucking Shit.

Welfare is bringing the USA Down daily.
All low lifes want & enjoy a free ride.

Get out of prison.
No welfare.
Get a job.
Or you just die.

87vette81big is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (12 CHARACTERS MAXIMUM), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.