Newtown Calls for Armed School Officers - Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums

Go Back   Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums > Other Discussions/Topics > News Room
Register Forums Garage Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Notices

News Room This section is for discussing current events.

Shops/Tuners
Custom Image Corvettes
A&A Corvette
Corvette tuner

Interior
Corvette aftermarket products

Insurance

Parts & Products
Race Ramps
Edelbrock
ATI/Procharger
Corvetteguys.com
Melrose Motorsports
Parts Taxi
Airaid
Mid America Motorworks
Pfadt Racing
Madvette Motorsports
Hi-tech Custom Concepts
Corvette aftermarket products
Corvette Garage
Corvette Parts and Accessories
Corvette Car Care Products
Corvette HID
Mid America Motoroworks

Tracks/Schools
Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving
Corvette driving school

Wheels/Tires
Cray Wheels

Services
BADWERKS.com

Old 02-01-2013, 07:48 AM   #1
Vette_Newb
The Copy/Paste King

Member #6180

My Corvette(s)
1989 L98 Coupe

Newtown Calls for Armed School Officers

Looks like the folks being exploited don't buy into the "Let's disarm the citizens to eliminate crime" horseshit..

The Newtown Board of Education will be asking the town to make room for more armed police officers in its budget.

In a meeting Thursday, the board voted to request the town to add full time uniformed school resource officers to its four elementary school s for the next fiscal year was approved this evening.
The officers would be Newtown police officers.

“Our parents are demanding of us that things are made safe and secure and certain measures areput in place,” said Chairwoman Debbie Leidlein. “So we’re being very thoughtful.”

Multiple police officers have been stationed at all Newtown schools since the December 14th shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary killed twenty children and 6 teachers. Those officers will remain at the school through the remainder of the school year. For the next fiscal year, resource officers were budgeted only to be at Middle and High Schools.

Parents say security involves more than a police presence. “My main concern is with accessibility to these school, said Neil Johnson, a parent of two Newtown students. “On december 14th that was the main bare-boned reason that occurred.”

“After what happened in our community, i just think we should go over and above and provide a shining example for the rest of the world and protect our kids,” said resident Donna Lorenz.
Members of the Board of Education will be meeting Friday with state and federal officials on securing additions funding for school security.

http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/l...320221.html?dr
Vette_Newb is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Fascism is a religion of the state. It assumes the organic unity of the body politic and longs for a national leader attuned to the will of the people. It is totalitarian in that it views everything as political and holds that any action by the state is justified to achieve the common good. It takes responsibility for all aspects of life, including our health and well-being, and seeks to impose uniformity of thought and action, whether by force or through regulation and social pressure. Everything, including economy and religion, must be aligned with its objectives.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2013, 07:53 AM   #2
blckslvr79

Member #67576

My Corvette(s)
1979 L82 4speed

All the knee jerk political persecution of guns from this disaster is beginning to subside.
blckslvr79 is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
I'm taking care of my procrastination issues, just you wait and see.
Old 02-03-2013, 11:30 PM   #3
92Roadster

Member #36181

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vette_Newb View Post
For the next fiscal year, resource officers were budgeted only to be at Middle and High Schools.
....I'm lost as to why security was budgeted for these two
schools only, after what happened and all the screaming for
armed guards....
92Roadster is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2013, 11:56 PM   #4
Junkman2008
DC Pit Crew Boss

Member #71977

My Corvette(s)
2001 Navy Blue Metallic Coupe

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 92Roadster View Post
....I'm lost as to why security was budgeted for these two
schools only, after what happened and all the screaming for
armed guards....
Yea, what's to stop some deranged idiot from shooting up another elementary school, especially if they know that no officers will be present? They need to train and arm selected teachers. I'm sure some of the teachers have military backgrounds. Then they could give those teachers hazardous pay and kill two birds with one stone (the teaches would be teaching AND providing security). Strategically locate those teacher's classes throughout the school so that they cover all the exits. That would be a lot cheaper and more cost effective than training someone to be a cop and then sticking them inside a school for 6 hours a day.

Damn, that would be a great idea. I should patent that.
Junkman2008 is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"Marines - Making the other guy die for his country for over 200 years."
The Following User Says Thank You to Junkman2008 For This Useful Post:
blckslvr79 (02-04-2013)
Old 02-04-2013, 02:24 AM   #5
Upheval

Member #63633

My Corvette(s)
2007 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkman2008 View Post
Yea, what's to stop some deranged idiot from shooting up another elementary school, especially if they know that no officers will be present? They need to train and arm selected teachers. I'm sure some of the teachers have military backgrounds. Then they could give those teachers hazardous pay and kill two birds with one stone (the teaches would be teaching AND providing security). Strategically locate those teacher's classes throughout the school so that they cover all the exits. That would be a lot cheaper and more cost effective than training someone to be a cop and then sticking them inside a school for 6 hours a day.

I metioned that exact thing in a post not too long after all of this happened. Some of you guys thought I was crazy or being a little extreme...........
Upheval is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-2013, 06:54 AM   #6
Vette_Newb
The Copy/Paste King

Member #6180

My Corvette(s)
1989 L98 Coupe

Quote:

Roadster thinks that is a horrible idea. Even though it's a very good one.
Vette_Newb is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Fascism is a religion of the state. It assumes the organic unity of the body politic and longs for a national leader attuned to the will of the people. It is totalitarian in that it views everything as political and holds that any action by the state is justified to achieve the common good. It takes responsibility for all aspects of life, including our health and well-being, and seeks to impose uniformity of thought and action, whether by force or through regulation and social pressure. Everything, including economy and religion, must be aligned with its objectives.
Old 02-04-2013, 08:06 AM   #7
XQIZT
You've been pimped!!

Member #80197

My Corvette(s)
1985 Z51, 1977 custom

Junkman, you're spot on. I like your idea EXACTLY as you presented it.
XQIZT is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"Alexa" - 1985 Z51 - In memory of the last Corvette Dad owned.

"Desiree" - 1977 - Wife's car, with an attitude problem

Click here for more info about our cars and autocrossing and other Corvette stuff.
Old 02-04-2013, 08:24 AM   #8
Junkman2008
DC Pit Crew Boss

Member #71977

My Corvette(s)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by XQIZT View Post
Junkman, you're spot on. I like your idea EXACTLY as you presented it.
Well I wonder why none of these highly paid elected officials have never presented anything like this. I don't make squat!
Old 02-04-2013, 08:28 AM   #9
XQIZT
You've been pimped!!

Member #80197

My Corvette(s)
1985 Z51, 1977 custom

Quote:
Well I wonder why none of these highly paid elected officials have never presented anything like this. I don't make squat!
I dunno...maybe because the whole lot of 'em seem to think that their only job is to work on re-election so that they can "finally get to work on fixing problems."
XQIZT is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"Alexa" - 1985 Z51 - In memory of the last Corvette Dad owned.

"Desiree" - 1977 - Wife's car, with an attitude problem

Click here for more info about our cars and autocrossing and other Corvette stuff.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:00 AM   #10
grumpyvette
DC Pit Crew

Member #1106

My Corvette(s)
retired engineer, engine builder, racer 1985.1992.1996 cpes

you want to fix the problem, thats simple
MANDATE all elected officially be paid the average income in their voting districts.
MANDATE all elected officials live in their districts at least 80% of the time , and have THEIR kids attend local public schools in their home Districts, and MANDATE all laws and privileges apply equally to EVERYONE in their states.
mandate no politician may be reelected if the budget did not balance while they were in office
mandate a max tax rate of ANY and ALL taxes paid be CAPPED at no more than 30% of a persons income
MANDATE all BENEFITS a politician receives must be matched by those paid to all social security recipients
example
If they have body guards they must supply everyone with one,and pay for the service the same way, if they own a firearm, they must allow everyone who is eligible after a back ground check, they can pass, too own one also.
If they want firearms confiscated they must give up theirs and their security's also
if the politicians pension and medical benefits , rights and privileges are limited to exactly the same as the average member of the population segment they represent things will change almost over night!
all laws MUST apply EQUALLY to ALL MEMBERS of society, and watch how fast things change.
the problem is the liberals want to dictate restrictive rules to the masses that they have zero intentions of being bound by, and have privileges that they won,t allow the population at large to have.
once the politicians must follow the same rules and take the same risks the idea of living as the people do will change minds very quickly
grumpyvette is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
" IF YOU CAN,T SMOKE THE TIRES AT WILL,FROM A 60 MPH ROLLING START YOUR ENGINE NEEDS MORE WORK!!"
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to grumpyvette For This Useful Post:
87vette81big (02-04-2013), ArKay99 (02-04-2013)
Old 02-04-2013, 09:35 AM   #11
Junkman2008
DC Pit Crew Boss

Member #71977

My Corvette(s)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpyvette View Post
you want to fix the problem, thats simple
MANDATE all elected officially be paid the average income in their voting districts.
I've been saying this for years. The only problem is, will the poor district get a fair representation by a qualified individual? I also feel you should have to live in the district that you represent FULL time. How can you know the people's pain if you are not among the people all the time?
Old 02-04-2013, 03:16 PM   #12
92Roadster

Member #36181

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vette_Newb View Post
Roadster thinks that is a horrible idea. Even though it's a very good one.
..I finally agree on something else with you.....

..Teachers NO.....School Police...YES..(I can live with)
92Roadster is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (12 CHARACTERS MAXIMUM), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.