Armed Guard Stops School Shooter Who Shot Classmates - Page 11 - Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums

Go Back   Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums > Other Discussions/Topics > News Room
Register Forums Garage Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Notices

News Room This section is for discussing current events.

Shops/Tuners
Custom Image Corvettes
A&A Corvette
Corvette tuner

Interior
Corvette aftermarket products

Insurance

Parts & Products
Race Ramps
Edelbrock
ATI/Procharger
Corvetteguys.com
Melrose Motorsports
Parts Taxi
Airaid
Mid America Motorworks
Pfadt Racing
Madvette Motorsports
Hi-tech Custom Concepts
Corvette aftermarket products
Corvette Garage
Corvette Parts and Accessories
Corvette Car Care Products
Corvette HID
Mid America Motoroworks

Tracks/Schools
Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving
Corvette driving school

Wheels/Tires
Cray Wheels

Services
BADWERKS.com

Old 02-01-2013, 04:51 PM   #151
92Roadster

Member #36181

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vette_Newb View Post
Grab me a unicorn while your out, the rainbow mane is faded on mine.

...I like Pegasus myself...
92Roadster is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2013, 06:06 PM   #152
Junkman2008
DC Pit Crew Boss

Member #71977

My Corvette(s)
2001 Navy Blue Metallic Coupe

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by the machine View Post
... Well Newb you have proven one thing....no matter how wrong you are proven you will never admit when you are wrong.
You damn skippy!
Junkman2008 is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"Marines - Making the other guy die for his country for over 200 years."
Old 02-02-2013, 10:35 AM   #153
Vette_Newb
The Copy/Paste King

Member #6180

My Corvette(s)
1989 L98 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92Roadster View Post
....I'm a much better with a weapon than you think, wait till
one of your armed teachers accidentally discharges the weapon
in class....
What is worse.. an armed teacher having an AD, or an unarmed teacher getting shot along with his/her students?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkman2008 View Post
You damn skippy!
I don't know if you have realized it yet.. but Roadster's "debunk" was an anonymous FB type comment on the news site.. So I am still wondering where I was wrong at.

And the article is still the official version..

and the UK still has a horrible crime rate.. and after they banned guns in 97, that crime rate skyrocketed.. still. Now 14 years later, they are seeing some improvement but are still pretty much the poster child for crime in the UK.

yada yada yada

Vette_Newb is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Fascism is a religion of the state. It assumes the organic unity of the body politic and longs for a national leader attuned to the will of the people. It is totalitarian in that it views everything as political and holds that any action by the state is justified to achieve the common good. It takes responsibility for all aspects of life, including our health and well-being, and seeks to impose uniformity of thought and action, whether by force or through regulation and social pressure. Everything, including economy and religion, must be aligned with its objectives.
Old 02-02-2013, 12:56 PM   #154
Junkman2008
DC Pit Crew Boss

Member #71977

My Corvette(s)

Garage
Quote:
... I don't know if you have realized it yet.. but Roadster's "debunk" was an anonymous FB type comment on the news site.. So I am still wondering where I was wrong at.
That's the problem Newb, you couldn't possibly see where you're wrong. You're incapable of seeing it OR admitting it. With you, it's like playing with two magnets and trying to put both positive or negative sides together. You play with them for a while but quickly realize that it ain't gonna happen. Then you just lose interest and move on to kipping rocks across a pond or something.
Old 02-02-2013, 01:31 PM   #155
Vette_Newb
The Copy/Paste King

Member #6180

My Corvette(s)
1989 L98 Coupe

Quote:
That's the problem Newb, you couldn't possibly see where you're wrong.
Junkman. All you gotta do is tell me what I was wrong about. Should be extremely simple for you to do that..
Fascism is a religion of the state. It assumes the organic unity of the body politic and longs for a national leader attuned to the will of the people. It is totalitarian in that it views everything as political and holds that any action by the state is justified to achieve the common good. It takes responsibility for all aspects of life, including our health and well-being, and seeks to impose uniformity of thought and action, whether by force or through regulation and social pressure. Everything, including economy and religion, must be aligned with its objectives.
Old 02-02-2013, 01:37 PM   #156
XQIZT
You've been pimped!!

Member #80197

My Corvette(s)
1985 Z51, 1977 custom

Quote:
Junkman. All you gotta do is tell me what I was wrong about. Should be extremely simple for you to do that..
XQIZT is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"Alexa" - 1985 Z51 - In memory of the last Corvette Dad owned.

"Desiree" - 1977 - Wife's car, with an attitude problem

Click here for more info about our cars and autocrossing and other Corvette stuff.
Old 02-02-2013, 01:40 PM   #157
Vette_Newb
The Copy/Paste King

Member #6180

My Corvette(s)
1989 L98 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by XQIZT View Post
Or you can. Just tell me what I was wrong about. Pretty simple request..
Old 02-02-2013, 01:43 PM   #158
XQIZT
You've been pimped!!

Member #80197

My Corvette(s)
1985 Z51, 1977 custom

Quote:
Or you can. Just tell me what I was wrong about. Pretty simple request..
You are wrong that in this article that the ARMED guard had anything to do with it since there is no actual evidence that he used his gun. It's pretty simple. We've only been talking it for 150+ posts.

Click here for more info about our cars and autocrossing and other Corvette stuff.
Old 02-02-2013, 01:52 PM   #159
Vette_Newb
The Copy/Paste King

Member #6180

My Corvette(s)
1989 L98 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by XQIZT View Post
You are wrong that in this article that the ARMED guard had anything to do with it since there is no actual evidence that he used his gun. It's pretty simple. We've only been talking it for 150+ posts.
I will remember next time to leave out the armed part (even though that is still the headline of the story) and I will try in the future to sterilize any articles I post to make sure no one gets the impression that the guard being armed had anything to do with it. I assume you or Junk could stick bananas in your tailpipe and take down a shooter, so anyone else should also.

But I will still advocate armed guards for school. You and Junk can advocate bananas in your tailpipe. hehe
Old 02-02-2013, 01:54 PM   #160
Junkman2008
DC Pit Crew Boss

Member #71977

My Corvette(s)

Garage
Quote:
... But I will still advocate armed guards for school. You and Junk can advocate bananas in your tailpipe. hehe
BOTH OF US were with you on this during this entire thread! All you have to do is GO BACK AND READ THE THREAD! Why are you trying to paint us as having a different opinion???
Old 02-02-2013, 01:55 PM   #161
XQIZT
You've been pimped!!

Member #80197

My Corvette(s)
1985 Z51, 1977 custom

Quote:

But I will still advocate armed guards for school. You and Junk can advocate bananas in your tailpipe. hehe
Whatever. Neither Junkman or I ever said that we DIDN'T want armed guards in schools, we simply said that IN THIS INSTANCE, there is no proof that the fact that the guard was ARMED had anything to do with it. It's simply not there and we have asked repeatedly for proof to the contrary. You cannot provide it.

I'll continue to follow this story and check for updates.

Old 02-02-2013, 01:55 PM   #162
Junkman2008
DC Pit Crew Boss

Member #71977

My Corvette(s)

Garage
Wait a minute... the 'back' button doesn't work on your web browser, doesn't it Newb?
Old 02-02-2013, 02:13 PM   #163
Vette_Newb
The Copy/Paste King

Member #6180

My Corvette(s)
1989 L98 Coupe

Quote:
BOTH OF US were with you on this during this entire thread! All you have to do is GO BACK AND READ THE THREAD! Why are you trying to paint us as having a different opinion???
I just asked what exactly I was wrong about. Evidently I was wrong to post the headline as written. lol

Just for your piece of mind.. I will admit that mistake.
Old 02-02-2013, 02:35 PM   #164
Junkman2008
DC Pit Crew Boss

Member #71977

My Corvette(s)

Garage
Quote:
I just asked what exactly I was wrong about. Evidently I was wrong to post the headline as written. lol

Just for your piece of mind.. I will admit that mistake.
You were wrong to try and use that article to push your agenda that armed guards are necessary in schools. I have no problem with your agenda as I agree with it too. However, THAT article was a lousy example of why.

C'mon Newb, you are not uneducated enough to not understand this. You know exactly what we are saying. You're just PRETENDING to not see our point. We know you do. Or, are you truly as your avatar depicts and will jump off a cliff to your death even though you know it's there?
Old 02-02-2013, 02:59 PM   #165
Vette_Newb
The Copy/Paste King

Member #6180

My Corvette(s)
1989 L98 Coupe

Quote:
You were wrong to try and use that article to push your agenda that armed guards are necessary in schools. I have no problem with your agenda as I agree with it too. However, THAT article was a lousy example of why.

C'mon Newb, you are not uneducated enough to not understand this. You know exactly what we are saying. You're just PRETENDING to not see our point. We know you do. Or, are you truly as your avatar depicts and will jump off a cliff to your death even though you know it's there?
I know what you have been saying for 7 pages.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (12 CHARACTERS MAXIMUM), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.