Newbie question #68:what makes Sport Seats unique? - Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums

Go Back   Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums > C5 Corvette Forums > C5 Corvette - General Discussion
Register Forums Garage Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Notices

C5 Corvette - General Discussion General | Technical | Performance | Aftermarket | Discussions

Other sections:
Corvettes Classifieds
Corvette Detailing & Car Care
Corvette Audio/Video/Radar
General Automotive/Shop/Tools
Corvette Performance Driving/Racing

Shops/Tuners
Custom Image Corvettes
A&A Corvette
Corvette tuner

Interior
Corvette aftermarket products

Insurance

Parts & Products
Race Ramps
Edelbrock
ATI/Procharger
Corvetteguys.com
Melrose Motorsports
Parts Taxi
Airaid
Mid America Motorworks
Pfadt Racing
Madvette Motorsports
Hi-tech Custom Concepts
Corvette aftermarket products
Corvette Garage
Corvette Parts and Accessories
Corvette Car Care Products
Corvette HID
Mid America Motoroworks

Tracks/Schools
Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving
Corvette driving school

Wheels/Tires
Cray Wheels

Services
BADWERKS.com

Old 02-03-2013, 02:50 PM   #1
phoneman91
DC Crew

Member #120657

My Corvette(s)
2001 C5 Convertible,1SC,6sp

Newbie question #68:what makes Sport Seats unique?

I finally saw a C5 with the standard seats. I noticed that the Sport seats have an opening under the head rest and that the name Corvette is on the seat.The standard seat doesnt have the hole nor the Corvette name on the seat back.

Is the basic shape of the Sport Seat different? Is the Leather surface different? A 625+ dollar option? Is the Sport seat more comfortable?
phoneman91 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2013, 03:21 PM   #2
slvr bulit
DC Crew

Member #70647

My Corvette(s)
98 coupe

Yes it is worth the price. I wished mine had the sport seats it wouldve have saved me $1,200.00 that I spent on my A4 seats I installed last summer.

Sport seats had better side bolsters as well.
slvr bulit is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-2013, 12:18 PM   #3
phoneman91
DC Crew

Member #120657

My Corvette(s)

I wonder if the Sport Seats don't also have more headroom. The convertible supposedly has 37.6 inch of headroom-but all of the Sport Seat equipped C5 convertibles that I have driven have more than that.

And that is a very good thing if you are over 6ft 3inch! It is unbelieveable how much room (head and leg room) are in these C5s with the Sport Seat! I had always thought that high performance two seaters always had to be uncomfortable for the tall.
Old 02-10-2013, 05:06 PM   #4
Fixvet
DC Crew

Member #313

My Corvette(s)
1998 Torch Red Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoneman91 View Post
I wonder if the Sport Seats don't also have more headroom. The convertible supposedly has 37.6 inch of headroom-but all of the Sport Seat equipped C5 convertibles that I have driven have more than that.

And that is a very good thing if you are over 6ft 3inch! It is unbelieveable how much room (head and leg room) are in these C5s with the Sport Seat! I had always thought that high performance two seaters always had to be uncomfortable for the tall.
I've been in both types of seats and the only difference I can tell is the hole below the head rest for shoulder straps. I couldn't tell any difference in the bolsters etc. I'm a big guy too, with a bad back, but my '98 C5 coupe with sports seats is the most comfortable car I own or have owned in a long time. Definitely more room inside than my old '88 C4. I've been across country 4 times in my '98 and loved every minute of it even after 4-5 hours without stopping......thanks to the great mileage!
Fixvet is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Dennis "Fix" Fixsen dba FixVet Detailing Services-Clever, Missouri, VFW Life Member US Army VN Vet '70-'71 4th INF & 101st ABN
Old 04-10-2013, 08:39 PM   #5
ricksc5
DC Crew

Member #86518

My Corvette(s)
red c5 coupe

I just saw this post. The frame of the standard seats and sport seats are the same. I bought the foam and leather for a sports seat and converted my standard seats to sports seat with a nice black and red combination. Sure made the car look much better.
ricksc5 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
RicksC5
Old 04-10-2013, 09:41 PM   #6
Choreo
DC Crew

Member #56229

My Corvette(s)
2001 Coupe

When the sports seats fail, they do it in a "sporty" manner.

When I ordered my 2001, that was a no-brainer. They should not even be considered an upgrade. The standard seats should have been offered as a discount downgrade by special order for those finally making the leap from their Nash Rambler.

Sports seats also have additional controls for the air-bladders in the lumbar area and bolsters. I don't recall the standard seat offering that?

Last edited by Choreo; 04-10-2013 at 10:29 PM.
Choreo is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2013, 03:23 PM   #7
phoneman91
DC Crew

Member #120657

My Corvette(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choreo View Post
When the sports seats fail, they do it in a "sporty" manner.

When I ordered my 2001, that was a no-brainer. They should not even be considered an upgrade. The standard seats should have been offered as a discount downgrade by special order for those finally making the leap from their Nash Rambler.

Sports seats also have additional controls for the air-bladders in the lumbar area and bolsters. I don't recall the standard seat offering that?
And all Sport Seats have the passenger side seat with power rail adjustments--aside from the air bladders. I wonder how much more the Sports weight over the standard seat. Has anyone seen any weight features comparing the two type of seats?
2001 C5 convertible,Torch Red/L Oak,1SC,6sp,FE1,1 previous owner,11k miles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (12 CHARACTERS MAXIMUM), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.