When will we get numbers? - Page 4 - Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums
 
 
Go Back   Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums > C7 Corvette Forums > C7 Corvette - Facts | Info | Rumors
Register Forums Garage Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Notices

C7 Corvette - Facts | Info | Rumors The first C7 Corvette info is rolling in...

Shops/Tuners
Custom Image Corvettes
A&A Corvette
Corvette tuner

Interior
Corvette aftermarket products

Insurance

Parts & Products
Race Ramps
Edelbrock
ATI/Procharger
Corvetteguys.com
Melrose Motorsports
Parts Taxi
Airaid
Mid America Motorworks
Pfadt Racing
Madvette Motorsports
Hi-tech Custom Concepts
Corvette aftermarket products
Corvette Garage
Corvette Parts and Accessories
Corvette Car Care Products
Corvette HID
Mid America Motoroworks

Tracks/Schools
Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving
Corvette driving school

Wheels/Tires
Cray Wheels

Services
BADWERKS.com
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2013, 08:42 AM   #46
alexandro777
DC Crew
 
alexandro777's Avatar
 
Posts: 512
Member #20294
Member since: Oct 2004
Location: Puerto Rico

Thanks: 6
Thanked 15 Times in 11 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longtimer View Post
I disagree with almost everything you state here. I think you don't get it - really. Change done right is a great thing. Change done wrong is a catastophie. Execution is everything.

Even Obama's Government overseers could see the profit and the value that Corvette brings to GM. GM is not likely to throw the baby out with the bathwater if the C7 sales fall off more quickly than they had hoped. Tadge and crew will be quickly replaced and Welburn and crew will suffer carreer stopping damage-Welburn probaly retire within a year. The Corvette is far too valuable of an asset to dump due to a mistake, albiet an expensive one.

GM would never follow up a less than successful C7 with a V6 powered C8 that would be garranteed to fail. They would correct the development direction of Corvette the sports car and fix the C7 complaints - complaints from the Corvette Loyalists they didn't care about when designing and developing the C7.


My $50+k C6 is probably 150 lbs lighter than the C7 and it neither feels nor looks anything like a $15k car and no one would ever consider it uncivilized. Difficult to beleive that anyone who owned one, or even driven one would write such a thing. True the C7 has lots of more gadgets my C6 doesn't have, but so does a S series Mercedes or a 7 series Bimer. That is NOT the direction many (most?) of us want to see Corvette taken. Your hypothesis that equates added weight with "refinement" is absurd. Apply your logic in perpetuity and a far more "refined" C9 would weigh about the same as a Silverado.

That said, if the C7 a huge success over the next 8 years, look for the Corvette to follow a path closer to the 50's Thunderbird, than the Corvettes of the past.

JMHO
The steering wheel comes from a cobalt the same could be said a bout the rest of the interior. The seats are a major complaint by every one that use a car for the track. The tire noise are high compare to some of it's main rival. BTW people here are sow arrogant. Could some one point out any of the Corvette competitors that haven't gain weight in recent history ? Hello there is a lot more thing that add weight like new crash test regulation. Gm could have maid it lighter by switching to Carbon fiber body but that would make the base vette unattainable by the majority of people. We got a new Base vette that it is more refine than any other vette , Faster than the C6 Grand Sport ,Handel better than a C6 Grand Sport ,would stop faster than a Z06,It is more Fuel economical and finally will get an interior that is on par with a 50k price tag. If that is going backward then it is fine by me .
alexandro777 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-03-2013, 08:55 AM   #47
Vettefan34
DC Crew
 
Vettefan34's Avatar
 
Posts: 609
Member #18361
Member since: Sep 2004
Location: St. Paul/Minnesota/USA

My Corvette(s)
2002 EB ZO6,Vortech Charged 96 Camaro SS

Thanks: 9
Thanked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandro777 View Post
The steering wheel comes from a cobalt the same could be said a bout the rest of the interior. The seats are a major complaint by every one that use a car for the track. The tire noise are high compare to some of it's main rival. BTW people here are sow arrogant. Could some one point out any of the Corvette competitors that haven't gain weight in recent history ? Hello there is a lot more thing that add weight like new crash test regulation. Gm could have maid it lighter by switching to Carbon fiber body but that would make the base vette unattainable by the majority of people. We got a new Base vette that it is more refine than any other vette , Faster than the C6 Grand Sport ,Handel better than a C6 Grand Sport ,would stop faster than a Z06,It is more Fuel economical and finally will get an interior that is on par with a 50k price tag. If that is going backward then it is fine by me .
I have made very few comments in the nine years I have been on here...

This is exactly what I was attempting to explain to a few non-believers on here.

-What an incredible Car this C7 appears to be. An extra 100 pounds well accounted for means nothing in a Car this well engineered.

Wider and lower than any previous generation. I will cast my ultimate judgment when it runs its paces this summer!
Vettefan34 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
2002 EB ZO6- Doug Rippie Built A.R.E. Dry Sump 434 ci LS something..Wiseco 4.155 pistons,DTE 3.90 rear,RPM Stage V Transmision,Kooks 1 7/8 Headers, X pipe w/no cats, Borla Stingers, FAST-102/TPIS TB, Vararam .... 1320' 10.16@136 mph, 600RWHP,540RWTQ(E85), DRM Coilovers, T1 Sways, C6Z Brakes, Michelin PS Cup tires- 285/18 and 345/19 on 2009 Spyder Wheels.

Keep The C5's Alive!
Old 02-03-2013, 10:43 AM   #48
bkuper
DC Crew
 
bkuper's Avatar
 
Posts: 3,718
Member #16
Member since: Jan 2003
Location: Dallas, Texas

My Corvette(s)
1994 Dark Metallic Red Coupe, 1989 Bright Red Coupe, 1986 Black Coupe

Thanks: 130
Thanked 72 Times in 53 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longtimer View Post
....They would correct the development direction of Corvette the sports car and fix the C7 complaints - complaints from the Corvette Loyalists they didn't care about when designing and developing the C7.
What about the Corvette loyalists who LIKE the car?
bkuper is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Brian Kuper
Dallas, Texas
http://www.gff.com/

1994 LT1 Coupe (broken and sold)
1989 L98 Coupe (sold)
1986 L98 Coupe (bone yard)
The Following User Says Thank You to bkuper For This Useful Post:
elegant (02-03-2013)
Old 02-03-2013, 11:51 AM   #49
AlexY
DC Crew
 
AlexY's Avatar
 
Posts: 746
Member #8935
Member since: Feb 2004
Location: New York, NY

Thanks: 17
Thanked 37 Times in 14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkuper View Post
What about the Corvette loyalists who LIKE the car?
Thanks bkuper, I think the loud few who just don't like the look of the car will take every excuse they can to put it down. Can we just start another section for those who just want to complain and whine about the new car and leave the "C7 Facts/Info/Rumors" section for facts, info, and rumors?
AlexY is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to AlexY For This Useful Post:
elegant (02-03-2013)
Old 02-03-2013, 04:55 PM   #50
alexandro777
DC Crew
 
alexandro777's Avatar
 
Posts: 512
Member #20294
Member since: Oct 2004
Location: Puerto Rico

Thanks: 6
Thanked 15 Times in 11 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexY View Post
Thanks bkuper, I think the loud few who just don't like the look of the car will take every excuse they can to put it down. Can we just start another section for those who just want to complain and whine about the new car and leave the "C7 Facts/Info/Rumors" section for facts, info, and rumors?
Some people don't like the rear light and just because of that they are bashing the car. A car that any one don't need to be a rocket scientist see that is would be better than the previous car by miles. From the engineering stand point to the performance it will outshine the C6.
alexandro777 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2013, 05:19 PM   #51
PNHNDLE96CE
 
PNHNDLE96CE's Avatar
 
Posts: 5,336
Member #14104
Member since: Jun 2004
Location: Florida

My Corvette(s)
96 LT1 Collector Edition

Thanks: 129
Thanked 107 Times in 93 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexY View Post
Thanks bkuper, I think the loud few who just don't like the look of the car will take every excuse they can to put it down. Can we just start another section for those who just want to complain and whine about the new car and leave the "C7 Facts/Info/Rumors" section for facts, info, and rumors?
So the fact that I am not enamored with the design of the new corvette means I should not say it, but the fact that you like it you should be able too? The fact is I like certain aspects of the car. In fact I liked all the info we've gotten on the C7 that it will perform better, have a nicer interior and even the rumor that it will get better mileage to boot. Considering all the facts/info/rumors I think I should be able to voice my objections to the design just as you are able to voice your approval of it.
PNHNDLE96CE is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to PNHNDLE96CE For This Useful Post:
2011GSSSBlue (02-04-2013)
Old 02-03-2013, 10:39 PM   #52
alexandro777
DC Crew
 
alexandro777's Avatar
 
Posts: 512
Member #20294
Member since: Oct 2004
Location: Puerto Rico

Thanks: 6
Thanked 15 Times in 11 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNHNDLE96CE View Post
So the fact that I am not enamored with the design of the new corvette means I should not say it, but the fact that you like it you should be able too? The fact is I like certain aspects of the car. In fact I liked all the info we've gotten on the C7 that it will perform better, have a nicer interior and even the rumor that it will get better mileage to boot. Considering all the facts/info/rumors I think I should be able to voice my objections to the design just as you are able to voice your approval of it.
You didn't got mi post. If you don't like the rear it is ok . But saying that the car is a mayor screw job is not really acceptable especially when it will outperform it predecessor.
alexandro777 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-2013, 05:01 AM   #53
AlexY
DC Crew
 
AlexY's Avatar
 
Posts: 746
Member #8935
Member since: Feb 2004
Location: New York, NY

Thanks: 17
Thanked 37 Times in 14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNHNDLE96CE View Post
So the fact that I am not enamored with the design of the new corvette means I should not say it, but the fact that you like it you should be able too? The fact is I like certain aspects of the car. In fact I liked all the info we've gotten on the C7 that it will perform better, have a nicer interior and even the rumor that it will get better mileage to boot. Considering all the facts/info/rumors I think I should be able to voice my objections to the design just as you are able to voice your approval of it.
I'm sorry, did I say "If you don't like the car shut up and leave"? Let me check... Nope, I didn't, so stop putting words in my mouth (err... post) and read what I said, which was that we should start another section specifically for these types of discussions. Because honestly, I'm pretty sick of sifting through these bullshit posts just to try and find any new information about the Corvette.
AlexY is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-2013, 11:04 AM   #54
Roadkillz
Formerly DOC7000
 
Roadkillz's Avatar
 
Posts: 4,425
Member #820
Member since: Apr 2003
Location: Altadena/California/USA

Thanks: 4
Thanked 43 Times in 39 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandro777 View Post
The steering wheel comes from a cobalt the same could be said a bout the rest of the interior. The seats are a major complaint by every one that use a car for the track. The tire noise are high compare to some of it's main rival. BTW people here are sow arrogant. Could some one point out any of the Corvette competitors that haven't gain weight in recent history ? Hello there is a lot more thing that add weight like new crash test regulation. Gm could have maid it lighter by switching to Carbon fiber body but that would make the base vette unattainable by the majority of people. We got a new Base vette that it is more refine than any other vette , Faster than the C6 Grand Sport ,Handel better than a C6 Grand Sport ,would stop faster than a Z06,It is more Fuel economical and finally will get an interior that is on par with a 50k price tag. If that is going backward then it is fine by me .
How many Corvette competitors gained weight is a very short list.... I believe they all lost weight.
Roadkillz is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. " Aristotle
Old 02-04-2013, 02:21 PM   #55
alexandro777
DC Crew
 
alexandro777's Avatar
 
Posts: 512
Member #20294
Member since: Oct 2004
Location: Puerto Rico

Thanks: 6
Thanked 15 Times in 11 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadkillz View Post
How many Corvette competitors gained weight is a very short list.... I believe they all lost weight.
Really ? name a few ?
alexandro777 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-2013, 02:36 PM   #56
Roadkillz
Formerly DOC7000
 
Roadkillz's Avatar
 
Posts: 4,425
Member #820
Member since: Apr 2003
Location: Altadena/California/USA

Thanks: 4
Thanked 43 Times in 39 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandro777 View Post
Really ? name a few ?
Porsche 911
Porsche Boxster

What else is a Corvette competitor

dodge Viper

hmmm
Roadkillz is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. " Aristotle
Old 02-04-2013, 02:37 PM   #57
HardcoreABN
DC Crew
 
HardcoreABN's Avatar
 
Posts: 6,517
Member #36463
Member since: Jul 2005
Location: FT. Bragg/Fayetteville, NC

My Corvette(s)
2000 Torch Red/Red Z51 coupe

Thanks: 34
Thanked 141 Times in 106 Posts
Lamborghini Aventador 3470lbs
Lamborghini Gallardo 3300lbs (spyder) 3400lbs (coupe)

Ferrari 458 3200lbs
Ferrari California 3600lbs

So yea, the competition is rather portly as well
HardcoreABN is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
ASE Certified Automotive Repair Technician in: Suspension and Steering, Brakes, Electrical/Electronic Systems, and Heating and Air Conditioning

402 LS2- Callies Compstar crank/rods, Wiesco pistons, 11.5:1 c/r, Custom 235/250 .621/.595 115+4cam from Martin @ Tick, CNC LS3 heads, Edelbrock Victor water pump, Melling oil pump, Halltech air intake, LS7 MAF, Jet-Hot coated LG long tube headers, Corsa Tigershark exhaust, Hotchkis sway bars, Monster level 3 clutch, return style fuel system, 2 stage nitrous plate system
Old 02-04-2013, 03:35 PM   #58
Roadkillz
Formerly DOC7000
 
Roadkillz's Avatar
 
Posts: 4,425
Member #820
Member since: Apr 2003
Location: Altadena/California/USA

Thanks: 4
Thanked 43 Times in 39 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardcoreABN View Post
Lamborghini Aventador 3470lbs
Lamborghini Gallardo 3300lbs (spyder) 3400lbs (coupe)

Ferrari 458 3200lbs
Ferrari California 3600lbs

So yea, the competition is rather portly as well
Those really are not competitors of the Corvette, while the Corvette can match and surpass them in performance they are not often cross shopped due to the big price difference between these cars.

Lamborghini's are notoriously over weight with their AWD systems, though what Alex was commenting on was did a vehicle gain weight. He stated that they gained weight which was demonstrably false. Consider how much weight the Lamborghini Aventador lost over the Lamborghini Murcielago. It went from 3,638 pounds to 3,470 pounds and that is with a heavy AWD system.

Really for a long time the Porsche 911 and to a lesser degree the Porsche Boxster is the Corvette's main competitors along with the Dodge Viper. All of those models lost weight with the 911 Carrera coming in at a base weight of 3,042 pounds and it has back seats and I don't think it uses any carbon fiber in base form (though I could be wrong about that). It meets the same fuel economy and crash safety standards as the C7 Corvette........
Roadkillz is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. " Aristotle
Old 02-04-2013, 07:42 PM   #59
spd98
DC Crew
 
spd98's Avatar
 
Posts: 602
Member #4658
Member since: Nov 2003
Location: Atlanta, Ga

Thanks: 10
Thanked 34 Times in 31 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadkillz View Post
Those really are not competitors of the Corvette, while the Corvette can match and surpass them in performance they are not often cross shopped due to the big price difference between these cars.

Lamborghini's are notoriously over weight with their AWD systems, though what Alex was commenting on was did a vehicle gain weight. He stated that they gained weight which was demonstrably false. Consider how much weight the Lamborghini Aventador lost over the Lamborghini Murcielago. It went from 3,638 pounds to 3,470 pounds and that is with a heavy AWD system.

Really for a long time the Porsche 911 and to a lesser degree the Porsche Boxster is the Corvette's main competitors along with the Dodge Viper. All of those models lost weight with the 911 Carrera coming in at a base weight of 3,042 pounds and it has back seats and I don't think it uses any carbon fiber in base form (though I could be wrong about that). It meets the same fuel economy and crash safety standards as the C7 Corvette........
See the Carrera isn't even in the same class. Thats the problem with the Vette there are very few direct competitors. In price your honestly looking more at GT500's which are not up to the same level of performance (and it's heavy).
In matching performance your looking at cars that are easily 2x the cost.
This is the wonder and the frustration of the Vette!
spd98 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-2013, 09:58 PM   #60
Roadkillz
Formerly DOC7000
 
Roadkillz's Avatar
 
Posts: 4,425
Member #820
Member since: Apr 2003
Location: Altadena/California/USA

Thanks: 4
Thanked 43 Times in 39 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spd98 View Post
See the Carrera isn't even in the same class. Thats the problem with the Vette there are very few direct competitors. In price your honestly looking more at GT500's which are not up to the same level of performance (and it's heavy).
In matching performance your looking at cars that are easily 2x the cost.
This is the wonder and the frustration of the Vette!
The base 911 was more then a match for the base C6 (actually made the base C6 look really slow). Even though the base C6 had power on it, the 991 in base form handles and brakes better then the base C6. The base C6 which when it launched was an impressive performance vehicle later in life was kind of pathetic compared to what was out there. The base Corvette C6 as tested by road and track has a 0-60 of 4.3 seconds, 66.7MPH slalom speed, 0.82Gs on the skid pad (glad good year is out now), and 126 feet from 60-0 braking. So while the base 991 only has 350BHP it is more then a match for the base C6.

Don't get me wrong the Carrera has a higher MSRP then what the C7 will have. Though I feel that the C7 at least the Z51 C7 is going to be aimed directly at the Carrera S (which has a starting price of $96,000). Consider this though, in many European countries the C7 and 911 are going to be priced about the same and in some cases the C7 may be more expensive. The Carrera S as tested by road and track hit 60MPH in 3.5 seconds, 60-0 in 111 feet, 0.99Gs on the skid pad, and 74.1MPH on the slalom.

They stated that the Z51 C7 post faster lap times then the Grand Sport Corvette and is even competitive with the Z06 (not with the Z06 package and all of that stuff). It has to be in order to be able to keep up with the Porsche 911 Carrera S. BTW in that test the Porsche 911 Carrera S had a test weight with driver of 3,295 pounds and it wasn't a base Carrera. Depending on the options it can add a little to a lot of weight......
Roadkillz is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. " Aristotle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (12 CHARACTERS MAXIMUM), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:13 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
2003-2011, DigitalCorvettes.com - All Rights Reserved