Ron Paul Jokes About Chris Kyle's Death, Says He Deserved It - Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums

Go Back   Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums > Other Discussions/Topics > News Room
Register Forums Garage Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Notices

News Room This section is for discussing current events.

Shops/Tuners
Custom Image Corvettes
A&A Corvette
Corvette tuner

Interior
Corvette aftermarket products

Insurance

Parts & Products
Race Ramps
Edelbrock
ATI/Procharger
Corvetteguys.com
Melrose Motorsports
Parts Taxi
Airaid
Mid America Motorworks
Pfadt Racing
Madvette Motorsports
Hi-tech Custom Concepts
Corvette aftermarket products
Corvette Garage
Corvette Parts and Accessories
Corvette Car Care Products
Corvette HID
Mid America Motoroworks

Tracks/Schools
Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving
Corvette driving school

Wheels/Tires
Cray Wheels

Services
BADWERKS.com

Old 02-04-2013, 04:21 PM   #1
HardcoreABN
DC Crew

Member #36463

My Corvette(s)
2000 Torch Red/Red Z51 coupe

Ron Paul Jokes About Chris Kyle's Death, Says He Deserved It

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...-seal-veteran/

Former presidential candidate Ron Paul is taking heat for a tweet he sent out Monday afternoon about the Navy SEAL who was killed at a Texas gun range over the weekend.

Chris Kyle, 38, a decorated Iraq war veteran, a former SEAL and author of “American Sniper,” was shot and killed Saturday. Police arrested Eddie Ray Routh, 25, a veteran authorities say may have a mental illness related to his military service.

In response to the news, Paul tweeted: “Chris Kyle’s death seems to confirm that ‘he who lives by the sword dies by the sword.’ Treating PTSD at a firing range doesn’t make sense.”

The tweet set off a chain reaction of criticism online.

Aaron Worthing (@AaronWorthing) responded: “What the Hell, @RonPaul? Are you actually blaming Chris Kyle for his own death?”

Michelle Lancaster (@SkiGarmisch) added, “Very disrespectful commentary to this man, his memory and his family. Shame on you.”

Razor (@hale.razor) wrote, “So all veterans, once done serving our nation with honor, deserve to be murdered as civilians? Wow.”

"Chris Kyle’s death seems to confirm that ‘he who lives by the sword dies by the sword.’ Treating PTSD at a firing range doesn’t make sense."

- Former Rep. Ron Paul, on Twitter

Calls and emails to Paul for comment were not immediately returned. He averages about two tweets a day, typically about policy issues ranging from immigration to the Federal Reserve. Paul, who is known for his anti-war views, retired as a long-time Texas congressman earlier this year.

Kyle, the most lethal sniper in the U.S., had 160 confirmed kills. He enlisted in the Navy in February 1999 and was discharged in November 2009. He had four tours in Iraq under his belt and received 14 different awards and decorations, including two Silver Stars, five Bronze Stars with Valor and two Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medals. After leaving the Navy, he wrote his biography, “American Sniper.”

Last year, Kyle told the Fort Worth Star-Telegram that he didn’t go into the service for the money or awards.

“I did it because I felt like it was something that needed to be done and it was honorable,” Kyle said. “I loved the guys.”

Routh, a former corporal in the Marines, is being held on $3 million bond. He is also accused of killing Chad Littlefield, 35, who was at the gun range with Kyle. Routh has been charged with one count of capital murder and two charges of murder. Routh served on active duty from 2006 to 2010. He fought in Iraq in 2007 and was sent to Haiti in 2010.

Yea, and this is the guy some of you wanted as Commander-in-Chief? I can pretty much guarantee he has just lost all of the military support he had....What a piece of human garbage....
HardcoreABN is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
ASE Certified Automotive Repair Technician in: Suspension and Steering, Brakes, Electrical/Electronic Systems, and Heating and Air Conditioning

402 LS2- Callies Compstar crank/rods, Wiesco pistons, 11.5:1 c/r, Custom 235/250 .621/.595 115+4cam from Martin @ Tick, CNC LS3 heads, Edelbrock Victor water pump, Melling oil pump, Halltech air intake, LS7 MAF, Jet-Hot coated LG long tube headers, Corsa Tigershark exhaust, Hotchkis sway bars, Monster level 3 clutch, return style fuel system, 2 stage nitrous plate system
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2013, 04:25 PM   #2
Vette_Newb
The Copy/Paste King

Member #6180

My Corvette(s)
1989 L98 Coupe

He never said he deserved it, he said it verified what Christ said.

Funny all these people getting so butthurt over this, but are perfectly ok supporting politicians that have killed thousands of our young men in Iraq/Afghanistan, for what? What did we win?

Reminds of of the democrats who bitched and whined about the wars and now keep their mouth shut while the blood still flows and new warfronts are opened up.

Hypocrits.. and yes it's not a wise thing to take a mentally unstable person to a gun range and let them have access to loaded weapons.
Vette_Newb is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Fascism is a religion of the state. It assumes the organic unity of the body politic and longs for a national leader attuned to the will of the people. It is totalitarian in that it views everything as political and holds that any action by the state is justified to achieve the common good. It takes responsibility for all aspects of life, including our health and well-being, and seeks to impose uniformity of thought and action, whether by force or through regulation and social pressure. Everything, including economy and religion, must be aligned with its objectives.
Old 02-04-2013, 04:29 PM   #3
OC Vic
DC Crew

Member #115382

My Corvette(s)
Had a C4 Vert, now waiting for C7

I don't think Ron Paul said anything to disrespect the man.

He just pointed out a universal truth.

"Put up thy sword, Peter"
OC Vic is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
2001 Viper GTS, saphire w/silver stripes,
Striker Heads, Striker Cam, Jesel r/r's, Edelbrock Headers, Corsa cat-back, Penske tripple-adjustable shocks, Hypercoil springs, lightweight flywheel, Accusump, SSR rims, Baer rotors, Team Tech 5-point harnesses, 578 rwhp, 589 rwtq
Old 02-04-2013, 04:38 PM   #4
The Dude
DC Crew

Member #120318

My Corvette(s)
In limbo....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vette_Newb View Post
He never said he deserved it, he said it verified what Christ said.

Funny all these people getting so butthurt over this, but are perfectly ok supporting politicians that have killed thousands of our young men in Iraq/Afghanistan, for what? What did we win?

Reminds of of the democrats who bitched and whined about the wars and now keep their mouth shut while the blood still flows and new warfronts are opened up.

Hypocrits.. and yes it's not a wise thing to take a mentally unstable person to a gun range and let them have access to loaded weapons.
I feel you are misquoting Jesus from Mathew 26:52. He was referring to one of his diciples at the time that Judas was betraying him. To say that a soldier that died in this fashion had it coming is wrong as Ron Paul was.

God had his army's destroy many throughout history and showed many soldiers to be rightous men. This was a soldier who did as he was instrucrted and no more. His death is a sad loss for our country. Period.

Ron Paul was wrong for making any inference otherwise. Shows why he had no real chance to become president. Any why he never will.
The Dude is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Rock on!
No...I can't spell...I'm a RedNeck!
Old 02-04-2013, 04:49 PM   #5
Vette_Newb
The Copy/Paste King

Member #6180

My Corvette(s)
1989 L98 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by C5 Dude View Post
I feel you are misquoting Jesus from Mathew 26:52. He was referring to one of his diciples at the time that Judas was betraying him. To say that a soldier that died in this fashion had it coming is wrong as Ron Paul was.
He never said he had it coming.
Vette_Newb is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Fascism is a religion of the state. It assumes the organic unity of the body politic and longs for a national leader attuned to the will of the people. It is totalitarian in that it views everything as political and holds that any action by the state is justified to achieve the common good. It takes responsibility for all aspects of life, including our health and well-being, and seeks to impose uniformity of thought and action, whether by force or through regulation and social pressure. Everything, including economy and religion, must be aligned with its objectives.
Old 02-04-2013, 05:01 PM   #6
The Dude
DC Crew

Member #120318

My Corvette(s)
In limbo....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vette_Newb View Post
He never said he had it coming.
The quote "to live by the sword is to die by the sword" in reference to this particular incident can not be misconstrued as not meaning what you sow you so shal reap, or you got what you had coming.

If not then no one would be "butthurt" by any of it. That is funny.

To say differently would mean he was simply misunderstood and from his history and previous statements on his dislike of war, I personally find that hard to believe. We all dislike war, but to hold one soldier in this regard is low.

But he is free to feel as he desires, as I am free to dislike him for it.

The Dude is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Rock on!
No...I can't spell...I'm a RedNeck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (12 CHARACTERS MAXIMUM), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.