So what is your belief........ - Page 2 - Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums

Go Back   Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums > Other Discussions/Topics > News Room
Register Forums Garage Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Notices

News Room This section is for discussing current events.

Shops/Tuners
Custom Image Corvettes
A&A Corvette
Corvette tuner

Interior
Corvette aftermarket products

Insurance

Parts & Products
Race Ramps
Edelbrock
ATI/Procharger
Corvetteguys.com
Melrose Motorsports
Parts Taxi
Airaid
Mid America Motorworks
Pfadt Racing
Madvette Motorsports
Hi-tech Custom Concepts
Corvette aftermarket products
Corvette Garage
Corvette Parts and Accessories
Corvette Car Care Products
Corvette HID
Mid America Motoroworks

Tracks/Schools
Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving
Corvette driving school

Wheels/Tires
Cray Wheels

Services
BADWERKS.com

Old 02-08-2013, 11:25 PM   #16
92Roadster

Member #36181

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87vette81big View Post
LOL

I know You are one of the Smarter Individuals here on DC.

The Indians back in the wild west used Bow & Arrows soaked in animal Fat. Set arrow on fire. Shot at the cowboys & Army Camps. Buildings burnt down the ground.

Today we have Obama's Military Drones.
Mini stealth F14 -F16 that moves at night remote control.
Satellite tracked & inferred LED's installed that light up the view 360 degrees several hundred feet. Longwave inferred light invisible to our naked human eyes.

Best defense against them, build a Jammer that scans entire frequency spectrum several hundred times per second. Lock in & send out a Rouge signal. It will - drone crash to the ground.

...as me being one of the smarter ones on DC, don't count your
chickens before they hatch....

...but all those scenarios would have to be against the masses
and that is a inconceivable notion....
92Roadster is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2013, 05:37 AM   #17
Junkman2008
DC Pit Crew Boss

Member #71977

My Corvette(s)
2001 Navy Blue Metallic Coupe

Garage
You know, If the government were to try and take away all of our weapons, that would stop after about the 12th Ruby Ridge.
Junkman2008 is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"Marines - Making the other guy die for his country for over 200 years."
Old 02-09-2013, 06:42 AM   #18
rodknock
DC Crew

Member #2485

My Corvette(s)
07 black vert

I think you guys need to take a look at whats going on in New York.
rodknock is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2013, 06:47 AM   #19
PredatorC6
DC Crew

Member #115883

My Corvette(s)
C6

Garage
Yes, there is strength and safety in numbers. This is exactly why this nations needs a strong, non-political leader to ralley the population to re-take the government. If someone could organize and orchestrate a mass tax revolt, this might get Washington's attention. Well over half of taxpayer money is collected quarterly. If, say, only 5 million of these taxpayers refused to write the check for a year, would that send a message? The fed certainly cannot prosecute 5 million.

But, what if it was 50 million?
PredatorC6 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Why do they call it "common sense" when, in fact, it has become so uncommon?

That's my opinion, it outta be your's.
Old 02-09-2013, 08:10 AM   #20
92Roadster

Member #36181

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredatorC6 View Post
Yes, there is strength and safety in numbers. This is exactly why this nations needs a strong, non-political leader to ralley the population to re-take the government. If someone could organize and orchestrate a mass tax revolt, this might get Washington's attention. Well over half of taxpayer money is collected quarterly. If, say, only 5 million of these taxpayers refused to write the check for a year, would that send a message? The fed certainly cannot prosecute 5 million.

But, what if it was 50 million?
....re-take the government, sounds like something Bruce
Willis would do like in "The Siege".....

...organize and orchestrate a tax revolt, heck just get the
NRA to implement it and they would kill to birds with one
stone...

...I think they already pushed the masses into a paranoia
state, so I don't think adding this to the fire would work...
Old 02-09-2013, 08:46 AM   #21
HardcoreABN
DC Crew

Member #36463

My Corvette(s)
2000 Torch Red/Red Z51 coupe

Quote:

Best defense against them, build a Jammer that scans entire frequency spectrum several hundred times per second. Lock in & send out a Rouge signal. It will - drone crash to the ground.

yea....that wouldn't work. Contrary to popular belief, they do not need to be controlled 100% of the time. They are also designed to return to base when the satellite uplink is broken. You would need to hack into it and take direct control to have any effect.
HardcoreABN is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
ASE Certified Automotive Repair Technician in: Suspension and Steering, Brakes, Electrical/Electronic Systems, and Heating and Air Conditioning

402 LS2- Callies Compstar crank/rods, Wiesco pistons, 11.5:1 c/r, Custom 235/250 .621/.595 115+4cam from Martin @ Tick, CNC LS3 heads, Edelbrock Victor water pump, Melling oil pump, Halltech air intake, LS7 MAF, Jet-Hot coated LG long tube headers, Corsa Tigershark exhaust, Hotchkis sway bars, Monster level 3 clutch, return style fuel system, 2 stage nitrous plate system
Old 02-09-2013, 09:06 AM   #22
87vette81big
DC Crew

Member #117927

My Corvette(s)
1987 Corvette Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardcoreABN View Post
yea....that wouldn't work. Contrary to popular belief, they do not need to be controlled 100% of the time. They are also designed to return to base when the satellite uplink is broken. You would need to hack into it and take direct control to have any effect.
I had given thought to that scenario too.
Pre programmed to complete its mission no matter what.

Well, everyone will have to watch up in the sky then.

Alrerady everyone I know around here with an AR15 or better said they will shoot the MF's & blow them away.
I am not sure they can easily do that.
87vette81big is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2013, 09:10 AM   #23
Vette_Newb
Account Disabled.

Member #6180

My Corvette(s)
1989 L98 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardcoreABN View Post
So, he would need an Iranian?
Vette_Newb is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"When you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing; when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors; when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws donít protect you against them, but protect them against you; when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice; you may know that your society is doomed." Ė Ayn Rand
Old 02-09-2013, 09:17 AM   #24
92Roadster

Member #36181

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vette_Newb View Post
....that's.....
Old 02-09-2013, 09:43 AM   #25
HardcoreABN
DC Crew

Member #36463

My Corvette(s)

Quote:
I had given thought to that scenario too.
Pre programmed to complete its mission no matter what.

Well, everyone will have to watch up in the sky then.

Alrerady everyone I know around here with an AR15 or better said they will shoot the MF's & blow them away.
I am not sure they can easily do that.
you are going to shoot down a moving aircraft around 10,000' with small arms? Hell, even if they were at 3,000' you wouldn't be able to reach it, much less hit it.
ASE Certified Automotive Repair Technician in: Suspension and Steering, Brakes, Electrical/Electronic Systems, and Heating and Air Conditioning

402 LS2- Callies Compstar crank/rods, Wiesco pistons, 11.5:1 c/r, Custom 235/250 .621/.595 115+4cam from Martin @ Tick, CNC LS3 heads, Edelbrock Victor water pump, Melling oil pump, Halltech air intake, LS7 MAF, Jet-Hot coated LG long tube headers, Corsa Tigershark exhaust, Hotchkis sway bars, Monster level 3 clutch, return style fuel system, 2 stage nitrous plate system
Old 02-09-2013, 09:43 AM   #26
HardcoreABN
DC Crew

Member #36463

My Corvette(s)

Quote:
the govt of a country would have the resources to do just that

Old 02-09-2013, 10:03 AM   #27
XQIZT
You've been pimped!!

Member #80197

My Corvette(s)
1985 Z51, 1977 custom

Roadster...you're spot on. Wholesale collection of firearms in this country just isn't going to happen. The Fed using the US Military on is own citizens...ain't gonna happen. Not in our lifetimes, anyway. For so many reasons that I have posted so many times before.

The one question that not a single one of these conspiracy theorists and answer is "why?" The bail out answer is "control." Bull...we are "controlled" as a population anyway. Our country is relatively safe for the average citizen because for the most part, we follow the basic rules, so why would the Fed want to poke that bee hive and risk an uncontrollable revolution? They don't and they won't.
XQIZT is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"Alexa" - 1985 Z51 - In memory of the last Corvette Dad owned.

"Desiree" - 1977 - Wife's car, with an attitude problem

Click here for more info about our cars and autocrossing and other Corvette stuff.
Old 02-09-2013, 12:49 PM   #28
87vette81big
DC Crew

Member #117927

My Corvette(s)
1987 Corvette Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92Roadster View Post
...as me being one of the smarter ones on DC, don't count your
chickens before they hatch....

...but all those scenarios would have to be against the masses
and that is a inconceivable notion....
That's funny.
I actually have an order of chickens coming.
Wife made the order.
I have to build her a New chicken coop in the spring.
Have my Brand new Milwalkee 15 amp 3-1/4 HP circular saw too. Bought last weekend. Bad ass powerfull.

When it comes down to it Roy,
if when & where, it will be multiple battles taking place at once. Every state. Ever City.
Every country House & Farm like mine.
Kinda like Vietnam War.
Big Clusterfuck.

Your ready.
Nothing New to You.

BR
87vette81big is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2013, 01:51 PM   #29
Vette_Newb
Account Disabled.

Member #6180

My Corvette(s)
1989 L98 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by XQIZT View Post
The one question that not a single one of these conspiracy theorists and answer is "why?" The bail out answer is "control." Bull...we are "controlled" as a population anyway. Our country is relatively safe for the average citizen because for the most part, we follow the basic rules, so why would the Fed want to poke that bee hive and risk an uncontrollable revolution? They don't and they won't.
Because if they cannot control the spiraling economy and the shit collapses.. the takers are not going to "make nice" and just do without..

In a very short period a major US city fell into anarchy with the US government and state/local officials resorting to weapons confiscation, physical attacks, shooting people. Now, put that into a countrywide scenario with a major bank collapse or similar.

No matter how it is spun, the printing can't go on for ever and the steady collapse around us will accelerate. I would hope I am wrong, but there is just too much history to look back on. The TBTF banks went from being too big too fail at $3t. Now they are $11t. Who is going to bail them out this time?
Vette_Newb is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"When you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing; when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors; when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws donít protect you against them, but protect them against you; when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice; you may know that your society is doomed." Ė Ayn Rand
Old 02-09-2013, 02:10 PM   #30
92Roadster

Member #36181

Quote:
Because if they cannot control the spiraling economy and the shit collapses.. the takers are not going to "make nice" and just do without..

In a very short period a major US city fell into anarchy with the US government and state/local officials resorting to weapons confiscation, physical attacks, shooting people. Now, put that into a countrywide scenario with a major bank collapse or similar.

No matter how it is spun, the printing can't go on for ever and the steady collapse around us will accelerate. I would hope I am wrong, but there is just too much history to look back on. The TBTF banks went from being too big too fail at $3t. Now they are $11t. Who is going to bail them out this time?
...I hope some one with enough fore sight, and mathematical
equation skills would step up to the plate for the good of the
many, I knew once you gave politicians a blank check it never
goes to what it was intended for and that includes the left &
right, since I've lived in CA I've watched billions of school
dollars appropriated only to be asked for billions more the
next local election...what a bunch of Pinocchios...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (12 CHARACTERS MAXIMUM), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.